Studying for MBLEx

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 690)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Jim Neugass in Matthews, North Carolina

62 months ago

Trista in Portland, Oregon said: I graduated from the massage therapy program at the Aveda Institute Minneapolis earlier this month, and have just moved to Oregon, where state licensing is required. (It isn't in Minnesota; regulation is handled by individual cities there.) So now I have to prepare myself for both the MBLEx and the Oregon Board's testing. The Oregon State Board has given me a great deal of helpful information and I feel confident that I will be well prepared for their testing, but I find myself feeling far less confident about the MBLEx. Can anyone offer me any tips and tricks for preparing myself? Do you have a favorite study guide or test-prep web site? What textbooks would you recommend I study? I'd appreciate any help you can offer.

Thanks!

My name is Jim and I am taking the MBLEX in NC in 6 days. Did you take the test yet. I like most are perplexed on how to study so much info and only hav 125 questions. Have you taken it yet?

Thanek,

Jim Neugass
jimneugass@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Makisha in Harvey, Louisiana

62 months ago

I took the MBLEx on May 1, 2009. I thought it was very easy. I used Susan Salvo Massage Therapy book, and I feel with that book alone I was very prepared.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jim Neugass in Matthews, North Carolina

62 months ago

Thanks for the info...... Many questions on muscles, insertions, origins, cranial nerves, modalities (weird ones). Any weird questions you remember????

Thanks so much.

Look forward to your answer....

Jim

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

lori in Albemarle, North Carolina

61 months ago

Trista in Portland, Oregon said: I graduated from the massage therapy program at the Aveda Institute Minneapolis earlier this month, and have just moved to Oregon, where state licensing is required. (It isn't in Minnesota; regulation is handled by individual cities there.) So now I have to prepare myself for both the MBLEx and the Oregon Board's testing. The Oregon State Board has given me a great deal of helpful information and I feel confident that I will be well prepared for their testing, but I find myself feeling far less confident about the MBLEx. Can anyone offer me any tips and tricks for preparing myself? Do you have a favorite study guide or test-prep web site? What textbooks would you recommend I study? I'd appreciate any help you can offer.

Thanks!

I am about to graduate from a school in NC. My instructors have been preaching about knowing the muscles. also, they said that there are now more questions about oriental medicine. so definitely know your yin from your yang. Trail Guide to the Body is a good book for muscles and as far as oriental med goes, we didnt use a book so im afraid i cant help you there.

Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

coco in New Caney, Texas

59 months ago

i'm about to take the mblex and i'm so nervous that i'm going to fail and maybe have to retake 100 times before i can pass.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Augellet in Slidell, Louisiana

59 months ago

I took and passed the MBLEX on august 18. Serch GOOGLE and it's the 3rd site down I paid for study test and That really helped me. Good Luck! Prayer in Progress.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

rafy in Orlando, Florida

59 months ago

Trista in Portland, Oregon said: I finally took it (and passed!) last Friday, and it took me less than 30 minutes. I wish I'd known more about SOAP notes and that I'd spent more time studying pathologies, but it really was nowhere near as difficult as I'd worried it would be.

Good luck! I'm sure you'll do well. :)

please send me an email rafypr@gmail.com to ask you questions about the test how long it took you to prepare how many hours a day etc and materials thank you so much

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

whitney leigh TN in Nashville, Tennessee

59 months ago

HI,
I am studying for the Nashville MBLEx for the end of September. Anyone have any tips? I have gotten so overwhelmed with all there is to study.

Thanks,
Whitney

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

rafy in Orlando, Florida

59 months ago

im studying as well which books did u get?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

rafy in Orlando, Florida

59 months ago

yeah but thats more for other test not the mblex which is one im taking

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

rafy in Orlando, Florida

59 months ago

whitney leigh TN in Nashville, Tennessee said: HI,
I am studying for the Nashville MBLEx for the end of September. Anyone have any tips? I have gotten so overwhelmed with all there is to study.

Thanks,
Whitney

what books u using or bought to study?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

very nervous!

58 months ago

I'm taking my mblex in 14 days! I'm scared nervous all of the above! Any tips?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

whitney leigh TN in Nashville, Tennessee

58 months ago

i took it and got a 590 when a passing is 630. the good thing about it is they do let you know what your strong/weak points are...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Rafy

58 months ago

What did u use for study and how long did you study forthe test?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sarah in Allen, Texas

57 months ago

I've been taking the practice tests online for my preparation to take the MBLEx on Nov. 9th. I can't find anyone around here who has taken this exam. I know that my weakness is with muscle origin/insertions and actions of the more obscure muscles. Can anyone tell me if the test is as difficult and specific as the example tests?

Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

wendy in Naples, Florida

56 months ago

Hello all!

Good string of comments/info. I am taking the mblex on dec.9th. Is there a cd out yet for multiple choice practice testing yet?? Also, if anyone wants to be kind enough to give me an update/re-cap of the most difficult aspects/subject matter on the test, it would be very very very much appreciated. From reading this page, it almost sounds like the Mblex covers a wider range of the more difficult subjects..?? Also, in contradiction to one of the comments made, I was told that the Mblex excludes all Chinese medicine. That is one of the reasons I wanted to take it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Michelle in Sunbright, Tennessee

56 months ago

whitney leigh TN in Nashville, Tennessee said: i took it and got a 590 when a passing is 630. the good thing about it is they do let you know what your strong/weak points are...

Hi,I noticed you are from Tennessee. I am from Knoxville and I am gonna be taking the Mblex exam in a couple of weeks. What did you think about the test. Was there alot of muscle questions, origin and insertion? I am really worried about all of the material. I have looked for a study guide for Mblex and haven't had any luck. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Kati in Mountlake Terrace, Washington

56 months ago

wendy in Naples, Florida said: Hello all!

Good string of comments/info. I am taking the mblex on dec.9th. Is there a cd out yet for multiple choice practice testing yet?? Also, if anyone wants to be kind enough to give me an update/re-cap of the most difficult aspects/subject matter on the test, it would be very very very much appreciated. From reading this page, it almost sounds like the Mblex covers a wider range of the more difficult subjects..?? Also, in contradiction to one of the comments made, I was told that the Mblex excludes all Chinese medicine. That is one of the reasons I wanted to take it.

the MBLEX does not have any questions about oriental medicine. That is the OTHER test (NCTMB). Here is the content outline... www.fsmtb.org/downloads/examContentOutline.pdf

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Rafy in Orlando, Florida

56 months ago

Wendy did u pass the test? What h use for study guide? I'm planning on taking it want to know what to use foe study guide n how much time do I need o prepare 1 month one week etc thnx

Michelle in Oneida, Tennessee

55 months ago

My friend just took it and failed it. Do you have an email address?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

rafy in Orlando, Florida

55 months ago

Michelle in Oneida, Tennessee said: My friend just took it and failed it. Do you have an email address?

yes i do what your friend use to study?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Sheila in Pauls Valley, Oklahoma

55 months ago

I am wondering if anyone can help me...I live in Oklahoma and want to take the MBLEx...In Oklahoma we do not have to be licensed< but I want it...can anyone help me with some study guides. Thanks

Michelle in Robbins, Tennessee

55 months ago

Sarah in Allen, Texas said: I've been taking the practice tests online for my preparation to take the MBLEx on Nov. 9th. I can't find anyone around here who has taken this exam. I know that my weakness is with muscle origin/insertions and actions of the more obscure muscles. Can anyone tell me if the test is as difficult and specific as the example tests?

Thanks!

Hi! I was wondering how you did on the MBLex and what you used to study?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Shawnmb in Fort Smith, Arkansas

55 months ago

Taking the MBLEx on the 29th of Jan. I have been using practice tests off of a website to study and the Susan Salvo book, and I am still anxious as heck about the test.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

wendy in Naples, Florida

55 months ago

Wendy here. I ended up post poning my test until January 14th. So I take it this Thursday. I haven't seen a whole lot of helpfull tips on here. I just bought the Flash Cards for Muscles.(Bryan Edwards Publishing) You can get them at Barnes & Noble. I would love to have the "bones" also. Anyway, thought I'd try and be helpfull. I will let everyone know how the test goes on Thursday.

rafy in Orlando, Florida

55 months ago

i been studying from a study guide from pillips i bougth in amazon.com i will take it nxt month please let me know as much as u can when u take it my email is rafypr@gmail.com thnx

wendy in Naples, Florida

55 months ago

Read over and focus on the physiology part of your text book. The test doesn't even cover alot of muscle knowledge. If you have a general overview of most of the basics you should pass it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

rafy in Orlando, Florida

55 months ago

very nice thank you this is the first time that someone says something constructive here to help others that are taking i do have a general review mblex study guide that is divided the same way as the mblex and hopefully it works so is good to know that i should focus more in general knowledge and physiology rather than muscles origin and insertion which makes more sense any more input or comments will be greatly appreciated, thanks again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

rafy in Orlando, Florida

55 months ago

wendy how long id u study and did ur study guide help a lot for passing the test? and congrats

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

wendy in Naples, Florida

55 months ago

Third Addition, by Saunders, Principles and Practice. That is the text book we used at school. I did not study much. I was in school for over 6 months. If you have this book, then great. Just read over the physiology chapters. I think there were maybe 6 specific questions on which muscles were which. For instance, they show a picture of the pec major and you pick that. Another was the deltoid and funtionality. One question described study of disease in the body and you pick the word "pathology". Many questions that ask about ethical scenarios. Oh! Trying to remember here and just did....KNOW passive vs. active "movements". There were atleast three or four questions on that. They show pictures on that too. Know how much the govt. allows you to write off on taxes for freebees / discounts to customers. That was a questions. Still not sure of the answer. I answerred $15. Not sure it was right. Again, very broad range of questions. Pathology was big. Be relieved there really aren't many specifics on muscles. Know what Ayuvedic is Know compression and the difference between LomiLomi and the other practices. Wish I could help more, but glad I can some. I think it's crazy how much they want us all to do and know to earn a living in this field. GOOD LUCK AND BEST OF WISHES TO ALL OF YOU!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (44) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ina in Miami, Florida

54 months ago

hello everyone im taking the mblex in a month and i would like to know which is the best stydy guide i really need to pass this test I've taken the other exam 3 times and failed.... they say that the mblex uis much easier ..is that true? thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

shirley178 in Austin, Texas

54 months ago

hi I'm taking the mblex next week and I'm totally blind and there are few books around for me to use to stud from. so I've been using a site called massagenerds.com and that seems to help I also have a few other study questions I've created to help me study if anyone wants my info to use to study let me know and I'l send you what i have. I'm pretty scared about taking this test too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Rafy in Orlando, Florida

54 months ago

That will be awesome email is info@astconline.com thanx

54 months ago

ok I've been using an online quiz that I paid for and it seems to have alot of questions about the nerves a&p are my weak points. how in detail does the mblex go into? any help would be great

Shawnmb in Fort Smith, Arkansas

54 months ago

Much thanx to Wendy. I take the test in FOUR DAYS and will fill in any info to the best of my ability.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

good luck I'll cross some fingers and toes for you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

rafy in Orlando, Florida

54 months ago

please do

marley collin in Fort Myers, Florida

54 months ago

hi my name is marley i just graduated massage therepy here in sw fl and im so scared to take my test i'm taking the mblex and i think i'm studying the wrong things if anybody can give me any tip,advice anything to ease my nerves i dont wanna be surprised and be nervous and fail please anybody help me whats on it???????

wendy in Naples, Florida

54 months ago

marley,
read through what i wrote and others previously. i gave some detail two weeks ago.

54 months ago

I know how you feel I'm taking it in a few weeks and I'm nervous too if yu like I'll give the sites I'm using to study with and the notes that I have send me an email at shirley178@sbcglobal.net if we share our materials mayb we can all do this thanks for those who hve already shared their experience and and knowledge every little bit will help

Katrina Davis in Espanola, New Mexico

54 months ago

Try mo-media.com they have study guides and flash cards. I am taking mine in April and scared out of my mind lol. Hope everyone passes!!!!

pconsoli6 in Suwanee, Georgia

54 months ago

Shawnmb in Fort Smith, Arkansas said: Taking the MBLEx on the 29th of Jan. I have been using practice tests off of a website to study and the Susan Salvo book, and I am still anxious as heck about the test.

I wanted to follow up and see how you did. I am taking the test a week from today. Can you please tell me how you did and some info about what I can expect? First sleepless night about this was last night. Thanks very much.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Brandiwine in Soddy Daisy, Tennessee

54 months ago

I have not taken the mblex yet. I took the NCBTMB and it was very hard, didnt pass twice. I graduated from the class with a 98.9% and had problems with the test. I was trying to get some feedback on the mblex, i heard its alot easier. I didnt do very well with all the eastern medicine.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

PCmassage in Suwanee, Georgia

54 months ago

Brandiwine in Soddy Daisy, Tennessee said: I have not taken the mblex yet. I took the NCBTMB and it was very hard, didnt pass twice. I graduated from the class with a 98.9% and had problems with the test. I was trying to get some feedback on the mblex, i heard its alot easier. I didnt do very well with all the eastern medicine.

Hi - wanted to let you know I was responded to this post below.
Shawnmb in Fort Smith, Arkansas said: Taking the MBLEx on the 29th of Jan. I have been using practice tests off of a website to study and the Susan Salvo book, and I am still anxious as heck about the test.

O_Vargas in Houston, Texas

54 months ago

Shawnmb in Fort Smith, Arkansas said: Much thanx to Wendy. I take the test in FOUR DAYS and will fill in any info to the best of my ability.

I was wondering how you did and if you had anything to add to what Wendy posted. I am going to be taking my test soon and would appreciate any info you would provide. Thanks!!

54 months ago

O_Vargas in Houston, Texas said: I was wondering how you did and if you had anything to add to what Wendy posted. I am going to be taking my test soon and would appreciate any info you would provide. Thanks!!

hey there 0_Vargas, I am waiting to hear from Shawnmb also to hear how it went. I am studying like crazy here. I take the test this saturday and was hoping Shawnmb would post something.
If we don't hear anything I will post to you after saturday when I take it. When do you take yours?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

O_Vargas in Houston, Texas

54 months ago

PCmassage in Suwanee, Georgia said: hey there 0_Vargas, I am waiting to hear from Shawnmb also to hear how it went. I am studying like crazy here. I take the test this saturday and was hoping Shawnmb would post something.
If we don't hear anything I will post to you after saturday when I take it. When do you take yours?

I will take my test next month so I am also trying to study as much as possible. There's just soooo much!! Good luck on Saturday, stay positive!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

hi I'm taking the test in three weeks and I'm pretty nervous! good luck on saturday please let us know how it went and I'll keep you in my thoughts.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

shirley178 in Austin, Texas said: hi I'm taking the test in three weeks and I'm pretty nervous! good luck on saturday please let us know how it went and I'll keep you in my thoughts.

Thanks to both of you. It actually makes me feel better having your thoughts behind me and having you know how crazy stressful this is! :)
I will post on saturday night - the test is at 5:00 p.m.

54 months ago

I know it is so stressful because everything hangs on this test! I already panic when it comes to test and so I'm studying everything and anything! you'll do fine just take a deep breath and know that you've made it this far.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.