Laws regarding home massage office in Ohio?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

WannaBeLMT in Central Ohio, Ohio

15 months ago

Hi everyone! I'm applying to the MT program at Tri-C in Cleveland and I'm hoping to make a go of a career as a LMT. I would love to work out of my home, I have a spare bedroom that would be perfect for a treatment room but I'm wondering what Ohio law says about home massage businesses? I.e.: is a separate entrance and/or bathroom required? I have been digging all over the net for a few days but haven't had any luck finding what I'm looking for. If anyone can give some insight I'd greatly appreciate it! Thanks so much!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Dianna in Saint Louis, Missouri

14 months ago

if you dont call it a massage and you call it a "bodyrub" and your not holding ytourself out as therapuetic, you can practice body work or body rubs.. great place to post is bodyrubusa.com youll make a ton of cash there.

Massage Therapy Schools Information in Irving, Texas

5 months ago

Requirements to Start a Massage Business in Ohio (Massage Establishment License): You must collect sales tax from your clients and report, remit, and relinquish the information to the state. The wall certificate you receive must be displayed in the place where a major portion of your practice is conducted. To practice, you must then obtain one vendor’s license for each location at $25 per license. If you operate at a fixed location, you must contact the county auditor where your practice is located for the required forms. However, if you have no fixed location, you must obtain a transient vendor’s license from the State Department of Taxation for $25, the application of which can be found here. Does that help?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

WannaBeLMT in Central Ohio, Ohio

5 months ago

Yes it does! Thanks so much for your response!

Massage Therapy Schools Information in Irving, Texas

5 months ago

WannaBeLMT in Central Ohio, Ohio said: Yes it does! Thanks so much for your response!

You are most welcome

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.