Does anyone know staffing agency for a medical assistants that willing to hire entry level

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 99)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

MLT in San Diego, California

57 months ago

Yes, how does an entry level MA find a job when everyone wants experience? If anyone has some ideas I would love them! Even the temp agencies around here are not signing up new MA's.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (73) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

bethany

57 months ago

I'm in the same position just graduated from MA school but can't find employment. I'm both saddend and relieved it not just me. As they say where theres a will thers a way, Im now looking out of my state colorado. If there is a state that is better at hiring new MA please let me know? Feeling a little less hopeless in denver.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Up2Dtime in Lithonia, Georgia

57 months ago

I feel you on that Bethany...same boat, same situation. I've tried almost everything. Local to long distance to get hired. Everything is online, or just not hiring, or you need X amount of experience just to get in the door. If you ever come up with anything that was missed, let a fellow MA know! Its not easy out there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

pttyjane in Casa Grande, Arizona

57 months ago

yeah i have been looking to everywhere, i graduated almost 6months ago and my school isnt even helping me like they said they would. i dont know what to do either or what im not doing right.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nicole in New York, New York

56 months ago

I just graduated from college and it's been hard looking for work . I have been looking for a job in medical assisatnt and can seem to land one anywhere. Some employers wants 1-2 years paid experience or 3-5 years. My question is how to get your foot in the door? From what I understand CNA's have a better chance at getting hired before a MA do.Do anyone have any ideas?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Women in Grand Junction, Colorado

56 months ago

My sister got a job at a nursing home as a high paid C.N.A. after two years she got a job at a plastic surgeonso office. I am finishing my undergraduate degree in March, but took all of my A&P classes as well as Medical office managment classses under a general degree (Interdisciplinary Skills) because I didnt want to focus completly on being a MA, I took a lot of Psychology classes too as I thought I wanted a shot at working as an intake counselor at a rehab clinic for addicts. I am starting to wonder if I didnt waist a lot of money and time, that now I might not be able to do either. What do you guys think?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

bethany

56 months ago

Ive made a sad but well thought decicsion. Im 47 years old and dont have anymore time to waste.I graduated as a MA in may 2009 and am almost to my associates in behavioral sciences. Ive decided to give up on medical assisting and go back to school, full time, and get my bacherlors in socialwork. I was thinking of going for a bachealors in the first place and now feel I wated 2 years in school. At least some of my credits go towards my bachealors.Working as a CNA is a good idea then try Kiaserpermanente I think they hire CNA's to become MA's. Good luck to everyone and don't give up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

carol in Pflugerville, Texas

56 months ago

I am having the same problem with finding a job as a medical assistant every
app. I see you need 1 to 2 yrs exp. Did we all waste our time. one thing i
have to say I did learn alot about my self and other. good luck too all and
god bless

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

april in Dallas, Texas

56 months ago

Matt in Layton. in Salt Lake City, Utah said: Hello Christina, They say we only use 10% of our brain...and when we went to school to become MA'S they gave us the tools to improve our lives all you have to do is be creative and create your the way you want to practice your new career as a Medical Assistant and with an open mind and some hard work you will get that Medical Assisting job you desire. Take care and God bless I hope this has helped you.

Sincerely,
Matt NCMA

Can you be a little more in depth, that's not saying enough. I know from self-experience. Explain in details how to go about getting a job, with no experience and pending certification.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Matt in Layton. in Salt Lake City, Utah

56 months ago

april in Dallas, Texas said: Can you be a little more in depth, that's not saying enough. I know from self-experience. Explain in details how to go about getting a job, with no experience and pending certification.

Hello April in Dallas, How are you? Here is my first question? Are you a Medical Assistant? Have you done your Externship yet? Let's say that your already a Medical Assistant. Have you done a resume yet? The time you spend in school to become a MA you learn skills that going to get you ready for the position of being a MA. Than you are shown how to apply for jobs. While you are in school they have been telling to start applying for jobs. You learn how to do a wide range from Front office and Back office, How to do vital signs, how to do lab work, how to assist a Doctor in a procedure, how to assist with physicals, give injections, etc. I was describing to think outside of the box and using all the skills you learned in school. I use something I have always done besides praying is the gift of insight that means I picture in my mind of I see myself where I'm working, where I'm living and how much I like my job. I believe in it so much that after a time it comes true. You do have to work very hard at it by networking with friends, family, putting out resumes, going to job fairs, also straight to a clinic and or to hospitals applying for any job that they are willing to train you in. I know also that Nursing agencies also take on new grads and also putting in some in a free will give you experience. I hoped that has helped some and good luck in journey.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

Sorry I got ahead of myself by going to a free clinic and putting in free time will give alot of experience you will need to land a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

luzma_17 in Modesto, California

56 months ago

WELL ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS THAT IM VERY PISSED AT THE SCHOOL I WENT TO. THEY PROMISE TO HELP YOU BUT AS SOON AS YOU GRADUATE THEY COMPLETELY IGNORE YOU. I GRADUATED 6 YEARS AGO! 6 YEARS... I GAVE UP AND WENT BACK TO SCHOOL. THATS WHAT I GET FOR WANTING TO TAKE THE FAST LANE AND GO INTO AN 8 MONTH PROGRAM.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

coneygal in Glen Cove, New York

56 months ago

Cristina in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: I graduated in 06 as a medical assistant and still can't land a job. Everyone is looking for certified or 1 yr experience so it's very hard. I'm just looking for a foot in the door somebody plzzz help

I have the same experience. my school does nothing, and every one wants experienced.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

carol in Pflugerville, Texas

56 months ago

Matt in Layton. in Salt Lake City, Utah said: Sorry I got ahead of myself by going to a free clinic and putting in free time will give alot of experience you will need to land a job.

I also volunteer once a week at this primary clinic..to get my experience

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

april in Dallas, Texas

56 months ago

Well, I am a recent grad from a career Inst. for Medical Assisting that lasted for about a year including externship. The school I attended sounds similar to some of the rest of them, first of all, I didn't get the proper hands on training I feel I should of. Second, my coordinator didn't place me on any potential hiring sites, which was unfortunate b/c some of the other students that did had an opportunity. Also, career services is trying to find me jobs in cna, which is what I obtained 3 yrs ago. If I wanted to stay a CNA I wouldn't of went back to school. More than likely I will attempt a nursing program, but I feel that my MA was waste of time and money with the way the market is. I don't have time to volunteer I need to get compensated for my work and time at this point. I was off work for a year as it is when I attended the MA training.

56 months ago

april in Dallas, Texas said: Well, I am a recent grad from a career Inst. for Medical Assisting that lasted for about a year including externship. The school I attended sounds similar to some of the rest of them, first of all, I didn't get the proper hands on training I feel I should of. Second, my coordinator didn't place me on any potential hiring sites, which was unfortunate b/c some of the other students that did had an opportunity. Also, career services is trying to find me jobs in cna, which is what I obtained 3 yrs ago. If I wanted to stay a CNA I wouldn't of went back to school. More than likely I will attempt a nursing program, but I feel that my MA was waste of time and money with the way the market is. I don't have time to volunteer I need to get compensated for my work and time at this point. I was off work for a year as it is when I attended the MA training.

Hi April, I would not give up. Since you got your CNA go ahead and use it and still keep looking for MA jobs they are out there you just have to keep workig at it. If you go onto Nursing school more power to you. It comes fast for some people and a little slower for others. Just hang in their.

Kristy in Modesto, California

55 months ago

Well, everything I'm reading here sounds pretty discouraging. I feel really bad and angry for all of you who have invested a lot of time and money in a program that is not helping you in the least to get a job. I have worked over 16 years in the medical field as a CNA and, currently, I am an Occupational Therapy Assistant. Most of the jobs available to me as an OTA are in nursing homes and I'm really tired of working in them. I was hoping to transition to a job as a Medical Assistant while I work on a BSN. I wonder if I will have any luck finding a job?

Blakjaktrippa in Lithonia, Georgia

55 months ago

Yeah, goood luck with that...like you said I spend alot of time and money that I'm going to have to pay back for something that I'm really discouraged and dissapointed with. I know the economy is bad, blah blah blah but at a time when its so bad, you would think that getting a education in something lucretive as the Medical field would surely turn out something, anything. I am proud of my achievements at school, graduated with honors, 3.91 GPA , but with no experience and the school producing less that stellar job leads, and not really helping its enough to discourage anyone.

55 months ago

Blakjaktrippa in Lithonia, Georgia said: Yeah, goood luck with that...like you said I spend alot of time and money that I'm going to have to pay back for something that I'm really discouraged and dissapointed with. I know the economy is bad, blah blah blah but at a time when its so bad, you would think that getting a education in something lucretive as the Medical field would surely turn out something, anything. I am proud of my achievements at school, graduated with honors, 3.91 GPA , but with no experience and the school producing less that stellar job leads, and not really helping its enough to discourage anyone.

You live in Georgia I see. I also live in Georgia; just here in California visiting family for a while. So, you have not been able to find a job as an MA? How long ago did you graduate? Where have you been looking? Online? Employment agencies? Going "door-to-door" to hospitals and doctor's offices?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

All of the above...even as far as seeing people in supermarkets, stores dressed in scrubs and asking them where they work and are they hiring for MA's...pretty sad. I've looked everywhere. The thing is that there a numerous schools who graduate at the same time so its flooded out there with fresh students and so when the wave hits the market...those who didnt get in just have to stay afloat until a spot opens up..

55 months ago

hmmm...I have one more idea for you. I don't know how you would feel about it; depends on your spirituality; but there is a career ministry called "Crossroads Career Ministry" that some churches have. I live in Alpharetta and the Georgia Perimeter Church holds a meeting once every third Monday evening a month. Here is the link to the site that explains it all if you are interested in checking it out:

www.perimeter.org/index.php?module=ministry&submodule=cms&mid=40735&artid=89I

I know Alpharetta is kinda far from you, but there has to be one near you. I haven't actually gone to one yet, but I plan to as soon as I get back from California. Just giving you one more option :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

Appreciate that, I will definetely check it out..

eyewrist in Arlington, Texas

55 months ago

april in Dallas, Texas said: Well, I am a recent grad from a career Inst. for Medical Assisting that lasted for about a year including externship. The school I attended sounds similar to some of the rest of them, first of all, I didn't get the proper hands on training I feel I should of. Second, my coordinator didn't place me on any potential hiring sites, which was unfortunate b/c some of the other students that did had an opportunity. Also, career services is trying to find me jobs in cna, which is what I obtained 3 yrs ago. If I wanted to stay a CNA I wouldn't of went back to school. More than likely I will attempt a nursing program, but I feel that my MA was waste of time and money with the way the market is. I don't have time to volunteer I need to get compensated for my work and time at this pointalthome hee a has off work for a year as it is when I attended the MA training.

You took a step backward in your education. MA are usually viewed as medical receptionist. You should have done the LVN/LPN which takes one year of your time. Also as a CNA you can become a Home Health Aide...to go the patients home, help bath and clean their room and go to the next home. Many start early in the AM and finished by 1:00PM.

Y

april in Dallas, Texas

55 months ago

What do you mean I took a step backward in my education? A MA is a higher level above CNA it's just not in the nursing field per say, just considered medical field. As far as the LVN program I actually attempted to get into a few LVN programs but around where I live and in the metroplex its a little more difficult getting into right away sometime have to go on the waiting list. I've done home health care as a CNA but here lately there has not been much luck with steady full-time open cases so I went back to the nursing home. Once I get certified I'm hoping something will open up in the MA field for me so my time and effort wont be in vain.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

shorty4ya in Buckeye, Arizona

55 months ago

i just graduated last month from medical assisting. i gave up everything to finish school including ma job cuz they wasnt bein flexible when i had to an externship now i cant find a job and its so stressful i we nt thru a temp agency and i havent heard anything, not too many companies will hire new grads but hw do they expect everyone to have experience..ugh..stressful..im startin to think it was a waste but everyone keep sayin keep ur head up sumthin will come thru but its hard to do when there dont seem to b anything and they also want u to b bilingual which i am def not!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

april in Dallas, Texas

55 months ago

I've tried the staffing agency as well with MA work , nothing employers are looking for the experience. I was working as a clinic assistant in the school clinics prior to going back to school, I was using my CNA so actually to go back to the school district, is a lateral move because their asking for CMA or LVN but I was doing the same job with a CNA, confusing I think but whatever pays the bill, I said that to say, I don't know if the school districts hire MA's where you live but maybe that could be an opportunity until something maybe paying better or higher level could come along.

55 months ago

Not even trying to be funny but...Join the line homie...Same Crap where I am....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

bethany

55 months ago

I recieved my MA cert in may cant find a job same thing everybody wants experience. I decided to go back to school for my bacholers in social work. It really bothers me that schools are still addvertising MA programs but there are no jobs. This seems totaly misleading, like there just after the students money. Every time I see an add for a MA school I get mad. Any addvice, what can be done about it, are there any legal ways to striagten this out.

55 months ago

I definetely feel you on that...Everytime I see a commercial about MA from the school I attended I feel like throwing a brick through my TV..(save the fact that I'm breaking my own TV)..But it is totally misleading. I too sadly am thinking about pursuing further education which means more money to borrow on top of that which I owe for MA..Thing is...I dont see me going for 2-4 years..which is how long the course is.

55 months ago

Jason in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Same here with the commercials."Start your career as a Medical Assistant today", Fu@kin Bullsh!t !!!!!!!! I think I'm going to go back to school for graphic design, which I should have did in the first place.

Watch your language on this forum.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

bethany

55 months ago

dear blakjaktrippa, You can always go to school part time. I took one or two classes at a time when my kids where growing up and now im finnaly get to finish my BS in socialwork. Dont give up one school, with grants and scolarships there is plenty of financing out there. Shoot for your dreams
for eveyone else I understand the anger but please no cusing

55 months ago

Jason in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Watch my language?? You go through the BS I'm going through, come back and tell me about it. To everyone else my apologies. Sorry Bethany.

Just to let you know that I reported to the host your foul language and if you keep up at this pace they will cut you off from this forum. I don't want this for anybody but it is a resceptable forum and I would like see it kept that way.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

Jason in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Ok

Thank you Jason. Have a good day.

april in Dallas, Texas

55 months ago

Honestly, I'm wondering if I would run into the problem of needing experience with anything else I should go back to school for. I don't want to end up in the same boat I'm in with the MA program I took. I was really considering continuing on in school for Nursing but do they require you to have a certain amount of experience before being able to qualify for employment as well. I don't want my education and schooling to be useless. If any one has any info, please fill me in. Thanks.

Kristy in Stockton, California

55 months ago

april in Dallas, Texas said: Honestly, I'm wondering if I would run into the problem of needing experience with anything else I should go back to school for. I don't want to end up in the same boat I'm in with the MA program I took. I was really considering continuing on in school for Nursing but do they require you to have a certain amount of experience before being able to qualify for employment as well. I don't want my education and schooling to be useless. If any one has any info, please fill me in. Thanks.

Hi, April. No, you would definitely not have the same problem if you were to go on to nursing. Nurses are in very high demand and schools cannot turn them out fast enough to supply the need. Also, you get experience in your clinical rotations for nursing which is different from an MA and, most likely, the place you would do your rotation in would want you to work for them when you are done. I am an Occupational Therapist and I can tell you that they are also in very high demand and institutions are more than willing to take new grads and train them. Occupational and Physical therapy are very rewarding and great paying careers.

april in Dallas, Texas

55 months ago

Thanks Kristy, I appreciate the info.

Kristy in Stockton, California

55 months ago

april in Dallas, Texas said: Thanks Kristy, I appreciate the info.

You're welcome :)

Jason in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

55 months ago

Yeah Matt, I think I'm about to go back to school for my first love. Art has been in my blood sense birth but I always loved helping and healing people.

55 months ago

Jason in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Yeah Matt, I think I'm about to go back to school for my first love. Art has been in my blood sense birth but I always loved helping and healing people.

Hi Jason, Here is a thought. Why don't you become a Medical Illustrator. Because since you already did Medical Assiting and you love art. You could do both it would be helping others and you love to draw and they both go hand and hand with each other. I would not look at it as a waste of time. Would you let me know how that sounds to you. I hope you have a good day and God bless.

55 months ago

No waste. Sounds like a great idea. Come to think of it while going to lincoln tech I draw a heart with all the detailing. My teacher used it as a guide for my classmates. So you saying that only makes sense. Question is where do I start??

55 months ago

Almost forgot if anyone lives in or around the Allison PA area there is a job posting on monster for an entry level MA no experience needed. I would love to take it but I'm five hours away and that's by car.<<<<<<<<No car. lol. Whatever tho.

Aries Girl in Modesto, California

55 months ago

Jason in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Yeah Matt, I think I'm about to go back to school for my first love. Art has been in my blood sense birth but I always loved helping and healing people.

Have you looked into being an Art Therapist, there are a few school that offer that.

55 months ago

Jason in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: No waste. Sounds like a great idea. Come to think of it while going to lincoln tech I draw a heart with all the detailing. My teacher used it as a guide for my classmates. So you saying that only makes sense. Question is where do I start??

Hi Jason, The best advice is talk to your instructor at school. Have you started your Graphic Arts class yet? I would talk to people that as a living on the back of Medical text books displays the name of the artist and how to get a hold of them. You will find some that information in your old text books from when you took Medical Assisting that would be a good place to start. Jason just a thought maybe you could start drawing different body parts now and build yourself a portfolo that way you can show off your work. I know you can do it and it will not be easy and it will be a long haul just believe in yourself and that is your dream as you said in your past posting. I hope that helped and good luck and may God bless you. Take care.

55 months ago

Good idea. I was thinking about that just after I posted that comment. I'm pretty cool the director of the program and just about all the teachers. I'm going to look into that one.

55 months ago

Yeah Aries I heard of the before that's something I'll look into as well. Thanx

54 months ago

Jason in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Yeah Aries I heard of the before that's something I'll look into as well. Thanx

Your Welcome!

54 months ago

Kristy in Stockton, California said: You're welcome :)

Kristy, can you tell me about be an Occupational Therapist? I want to become one but I would the opinion of someone who works in the field. Also if it would be better for me to get a OTA degree first or go straight for the OT program? I think I would move faster if I just go straight through to the OT program but I also want experience in the field. Any info you can give me would be great!

54 months ago

Jefferson Hospital gave me a call but I don't know how that's gonna pan out. Whateva...............

54 months ago

Jason in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Jefferson Hospital gave me a call but I don't know how that's gonna pan out. Whateva...............

Hi Jason, If its meant to be than it will be, if not there are other jobs out there. Have a good day.

54 months ago

Matt in Layton. in Salt Lake City, Utah said: Hi Jason, If its meant to be than it will be, if not there are other jobs out there. Have a good day.

Your right Matt. I just hope its meant to be.

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.