EVERY JOB REQUIRES EXPERIENCE

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 208)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Angelap in North Richland Hills, Texas

60 months ago

I just recently graduated from Medical Assisting school in November, Im so upset because I cant find a job. Everytime I have an interview I get a letter or an email saying they hired someone with more experience. They have so many schools turning out thousands of MA's with no luck with a job. All these schools are making good money promising a bright future. They get there money and were stuck paying back money for nothing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (169) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

OutOfLuck in San Antonio, Texas

60 months ago

Its true, sad but true. I graduated in Dec. of 07 and i never found a job as a medical assistant due to lack of experience. You either get hired off of your Intern/Extern site or your stuck paying the THOUSANDS of dollars for the training... for NOTHING!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (80) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

sadeyes13778 in Mcallen, Texas

58 months ago

I know what you mean, I graduated on July 2007 and have had no luck in getting a job. why? no experience. I did my externship at a hospital and with 2 of my friends, and we didn't get hired. Now I'm stuck with thousands of dollars in debt but no job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No Reply - Report abuse

nurse45 in San Antonio, Texas

58 months ago

Also try a Temp Agency one will place you and Most are Temp to Hire, that would be my advice, Good Luck!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

jdeenfla@yahoo.com in Riverview, Florida

58 months ago

This is soooo disapointing to work your tail off graduate with honors and fan fair just to have all of your hard work mean nothing but cash for your school of choice.I do have a new job as stay at home dad and no source of income for my daughter who lives in another state just to have child support come looking for me and student loans to pay off with no way to do either.I was laid off from my job and went back to school like most of us and we are left off worse than before.I wish employees would give us a shot at our dream and know that we are trained and know the same thing that anybody with experience knows.If anybody in the Tampa Florida area has any openings and serious about needing a M.A.who is serious about his future please e-mail at jdeenfla@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mrs. Brown in Irving, Texas

58 months ago

I am looking for another Intern now because the first one I wasn't learning anything. The Office there was very self centered and all they hire was Intern's. Only 2 real hourly employees and when I first got there it was about 8 people fired 2 real employees left.. I am looking for a nice place to work and grow with/ a place where I can learn more and be open to work back and front office, as I was designed to do in school. If anyone no someone who's hiring please let me know.. I have been filling out applications everywhere for the last past 2weeks.

I need HELP!!! lol..lol..

Thanks, I have Faith that God will place use all in the place best for us all, so all my fellow Medical Assistants KEEP YOUR HEADS UP!!!! Our Day will come...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

Thanks for the kind words towards the end of your meassage but i have been looking for almost for 10 months and nothing.You say you have been looking for just 2 weeks you gone be looking way longer than that so get prepared to be turned down and be looked at like a piece of crap because you are a recent graduate like most of us.The frustration level is unreal because they will look over you for experience and being biligual so i hope you got people that is going to help you get through this tough time cuz you gone need them because that is what you are going to get.Just keepin it real with you and tryin to let you know how we are getting treated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

torresleyda@ymail.com in Lynn, Massachusetts

57 months ago

It's true because I was a honor student in my ma school and student that never went to school have jobs and me that I had straight A and had a good gpa don't have a job.. I finish school and extership June 2009 and I apply every where and nothing yet. hospital and health care setting only want experience we are fresh we are good. Also the school they know that is not easy getting a job but they still take people money.... and the extership coordinators from those school they suck giving people any extership site they feel I don't say name they should know who they are....ha ha ha...... And the carrer service rep from those school do your job find us medical assistant jobs not receptionist jobs, pharmacy tech job... we when for medical assistant not for that position ha ha ha....Peace this is the most spoken person on earth.. It time someone say something about the schools the offer you something one day and when you finish school hey you are just a job seeker for them...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

payberahnurse1 in Mckinney, Texas

57 months ago

We are looking for someone that can be crossed trained in front and back office, but that has been to school for Medical assisting. Email me at payberahnurse1@yahoo.com we are located in Plano Tx. I know that CN Staffing in Dallas is dedicated in Placing Medical Assistants

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

josu in Houston, Texas

57 months ago

hello all my wife she graduate from health school ass medical assistance and she dont have a job now we have a big bill thats stupid they need to get all ya that dont have exp. cuz ya have to start some how im a welder and i didnt needed no exp. when i started i have 5 years and i start making 10 hour now i make 18 i mean this stupid ass people need to give a brake to all i dont have ajob now but any were i go they will take me as long as you know how to do the job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

torresleyda@ymail.com in Lynn, Massachusetts

57 months ago

Hey its me again, A medical assistant with no job. There alots of opening for medical assistant buy they don't call. They should give us a change new skill we are fresh...If they give me a change I'm hungry to make money...Workholic......I wonder to whom with have to talk about all this schools that they offered u something and at the end you are just a job seeker.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

rebeca in Houston, Texas

57 months ago

Crystal Lewis in Dallas, Texas said: We are needing a medical assistant. You dont need to have experience just someone mature and eager to learn. We are a brand new office and need help immediately. If you are interested, please email me at crystaldanielle.lewis@yahoo.com. Include your resume and a phone number. Thank you!

Is there a fax number where i can send my resume to. I have been out of school for a couple of months and still have not found a job. I am very fustrated. My husband recently lost his job and now we are both without a job. He is a welder and does side jobs. I really need a job. I dont have alot of experience. I am willing and eager to learn.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Georgy in Chicago, Illinois

57 months ago

Hi Everyone! I'm glad I found this forum. I graduated from school as a MA(honor student) last December and as of today I still don't have a job,since the only experience I have as a MA is the internship...I have applied to at least 50 jobs online and went to a few interviews but nothing :( Sometimes I feel sorry I went through all this and I paid $12,500 and yet I DON'T have a job:( I loved the clinic where I did the internship,they really liked me too but they had no openings for me...This is extremely depressing and I understand everyone out there that doesn't have a job feels. :(

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

ms.conner in Chicago, Illinois

57 months ago

I am currently a medical assistant student in Chicago and in the middle of completing my last class. I am having so much trouble finding a clinical training site and its getting very frustrating! I have been calling every doctor office/clinic etc for a month and a half and I still have no place to train!I am a very hard worker with a strong work ethic and always eager to learn even if its starting from a lower rank position because I know I will soon be where I want to be, but you all are so very correct that these schools promise such a bright future, you make the best grades and it all seems like such a waste of your time and then you are stuck paying back a student loan, how the hell you going to do that with no job because most places here want you to have a year or two of experience, something got to change!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

LaOriental in Lexington, Massachusetts

57 months ago

Any advice on looking for an MA job? I completed my externship in August and got rave reviews from the clinical manager. I functioned independently for the most part. I still don't have a job due to, I would imagine, my lack of experience. What about advice on writing a cover letter? Also, some of these websites are akin to putting your info. into a big, black hole.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jazmine in Chicago, Illinois

57 months ago

This question is for Gregory and Ms. Conner in Chicago. I'm just wondering what schools did you attend? Were you taught more on the clinical or administrative side? I have been out of work for a while now and was thinking about maybe taking this program - I'm not sure though because I already have to pay back loans as it is. I'm just wondering what are the employers actually looking for? Any info you can provide would be helpful. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

Having a good cover letter is good but let me be honest a cover letter is not what they are looking for they looking for experiance and no cover letter or anything else besides experiance will get you hired.Do not sweat the small stuff we all out here got good cover letters and resumes and nothing.You aint no diffrent than anybody else with a good cover letter so wait your turn be patient because you are goin to need it.Like most of us who has been looking for almost a year or longer to hear some of these people act like they is somehow special because of a good cover letter is really out of touch of what's really going on with what these people are looking for.When you are spending long days and nights trying to find a job and when you begin questioning yourself is when you arrive where we are and that is with a good cover letter.They only want experiance keep trying and good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

jdeenfla@yahoo.com in Riverview, Florida said: Having a good cover letter is good but let me be honest a cover letter is not what they are looking for they looking for experiance and no cover letter or anything else besides experiance will get you hired.Do not sweat the small stuff we all out here got good cover letters and resumes and nothing.You aint no diffrent than anybody else with a good cover letter so wait your turn be patient because you are goin to need it.Like most of us who has been looking for almost a year or longer to hear some of these people act like they is somehow special because of a good cover letter is really out of touch of what's really going on with what these people are looking for.When you are spending long days and nights trying to find a job and when you begin questioning yourself is when you arrive where we are and that is with a good cover letter.They only want experiance keep trying and good luck.

Thank you jdeenfla, I appreciate your taking the time to write....I am very discouraged. You are telling me that it takes a long time even though the hype says that M. Assisting is the fastest growing job. What did you do, just keep applying with a resume? Can you give me an idea for a good cover letter?

Thank you so much,
Ro

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Georgy in Chicago, Illinois

57 months ago

Jazmine in Chicago, Illinois said: This question is for Gregory and Ms. Conner in Chicago. I'm just wondering what schools did you attend? Were you taught more on the clinical or administrative side? I have been out of work for a while now and was thinking about maybe taking this program - I'm not sure though because I already have to pay back loans as it is. I'm just wondering what are the employers actually looking for? Any info you can provide would be helpful. Thanks.

I went to Illinois school of health careers.. We were thought basiclly more of the clinical stuff not so much in the administrative side... but we also had a lab where we would go 3 times a week.... the teacher was nice and he I did learn a lot of things from him... but the school in general I would rate it about a 7 out of 10... the stuff wasn't really doing their jobs.. and what they tell you when they first show everyone around the school, nothing is really true.. well anyways the school was $12,500 but i did get financial aid about 4000$... Now I heard that it costs about $14,000, not sure if that's true.... As far as finding a job the school is not really doing much, I mean they don't have any hospitals/clinics where they can just send some of the students that are having a hard time finding a job... all they are doing is sending me some job postings that I believe they just sent to every other student out there, It was funny once I got a job post from them that was actually in Wisconsin and I live in Chicago....anyways if you have any more questins I'll be here...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

rebeca in Houston, Texas

57 months ago

Angelap in North Richland Hills, Texas said: I just recently graduated from Medical Assisting school in November, Im so upset because I cant find a job. Everytime I have an interview I get a letter or an email saying they hired someone with more experience. They have so many schools turning out thousands of MA's with no luck with a job. All these schools are making good money promising a bright future. They get there money and were stuck paying back money for nothing.

I also attended a medical school and i recently graduated. i have been without a job for a couple of months. People dont want to take the time to train new grads. that really sucks. it seems like we went to school for nothing and just wasted time and money.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

No problem.. i am just sayin the things that these schools choose not to say to a graduate also adds to the frustration level of all of this cuz they taking our money and not fulfilling there end of the bargain.Basically we are on our own when finding our own carrer path and that is where the long nights and days come from cuz those schools got what they want and we have to get what we want and that is a job.Now bout the cover letter stuff i have had several on-line resume checks and professional cover letter checks and corrections on-line.You kinda got to talk to your so called carrer development people at your school to get someone who knows a little about writing cover letters and resumes to look at it and tell you if your cover is exceptable or not cuz they do know what is the newest way of writing a cover or resume cuz the cover and resume letter thing seem to always change.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ms.conner in Chicago, Illinois

57 months ago

my niece went to ISHC as well in Chicago, I was going to attend but the online course was more workable in my schedule, I really wish I was in the classroom when learning the book stuff because I "get it" better through visual means, but the trend on every forum seems to be the schools are not doing enough to help the students find work or externships for clinical training, it really make you feel as a student you did all you could , got the good grades etc, but when it comes time to find a clinical training site you are on your own with little or no help from school staff. You would think they know a clinic/hospital etc will not accept students with no experience or are not affiliated with their practice through the CVhicagoland area city colleges, it is so frustrating!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jazmine in Chicago, Illinois

57 months ago

I appreciate your replies. That is what I was basically wondering - if the school also found your clinical training or did you have to find that on your own. I was assuming with all the hospitals Chicago has, you would think that these college programs would also include the hands on training too. Just my opinion though.
I would like to still use my admin experience and want to get into the health care field but just not sure which path I should take.

rachael Nelson in Dallas, Texas

57 months ago

nurse45 in San Antonio, Texas said: HOW CAN YOU GET YOUR FIRST JOB IF ALL THE JOBS IN THE MEDICAL FIELD REQUIRE EXPERIENCE, JOBS DON'T WANT NEW GRADS.

I agree 100%.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

rebeca in Houston, Texas said: I also attended a medical school and i recently graduated. i have been without a job for a couple of months. People dont want to take the time to train new grads. that really sucks. it seems like we went to school for nothing and just wasted time and money.

I agree 100%.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

From view were all lied to about getting a job!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

I here Dental sample problem also.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

The truth is you must have the school plus 1 year or more for jobs we are trying to get. To many people like us going out as well. The economy problem also.

57 months ago

jdeenfla@yahoo.com in Riverview, Florida said: No problem.. i am just sayin the things that these schools choose not to say to a graduate also adds to the frustration level of all of this cuz they taking our money and not fulfilling there end of the bargain.Basically we are on our own when finding our own carrer path and that is where the long nights and days come from cuz those schools got what they want and we have to get what we want and that is a job.Now bout the cover letter stuff i have had several on-line resume checks and professional cover letter checks and corrections on-line.You kinda got to talk to your so called carrer development people at your school to get someone who knows a little about writing cover letters and resumes to look at it and tell you if your cover is exceptable or not cuz they do know what is the newest way of writing a cover or resume cuz the cover and resume letter thing seem to always change.

This is true 100%.

57 months ago

I was at home 15 years which also makes it tuffer on me. I was a at home Mom.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

I had 11 in my class none of at graduation had jobs off our Exsternships. Sad!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

Crystal send a letter of that for your school 2 see. I sent a email the Dr. sent me off my last interview. More experiance as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Arthrea CMA in Irving, Texas

56 months ago

God Bless your search.. Dont give up bab..

ericag in Atlanta in Amarillo, Texas

56 months ago

nurse45 in San Antonio, Texas said: Yes sad but gotta keep sending out resumes. I have been online all morning sending out and applying on line. So what do u do while your waiting ?

You have to volunteer to receive some experience. I know that is not a part of the plan but we dont want the certification to go to waste.

Shirt in Denver, Colorado

55 months ago

Another thing you want to do is get that phlebotomy and Operator Certification.

That will put you above most new grad ma alone.763

EdiRabbit in Red Oak, Texas

55 months ago

I graduated back in July of this year and have yet to find anything as an MA. My school has done nothing at all to help me find a job. The only thing they offered me was Home Health Care, which there's nothing wrong with, but I wouldn't be doing anything except cleaning people's houses and accompanying them to doctor's appointments. I went to school for Medical Assiting, not housekeeping. And since it's paid for by the State, I would only be paid minimum rage and no reimbursement for gas. I went in for the interview, was told I was hired and then never heard from them again. I called for two weeks trying to get a hold of the woman that 'hired' me and never received any calls back. I've sent out an endless amount of resumes to offices up to an hour away from where I live and still nothing. I enjoyed school and loved my extern site and feel I'm more than qualified at what I do. I'm completely baffled as to why I still haven't found a job anywhere. Everyone wants experience or wants an RN. I'm just slightly relieved I'm not the only one having trouble finding placement.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Kachetonsita in Los Angeles, California

54 months ago

Any career that you choose while is medical assistant or doctor you won't get hired without experience why because they don't provide the chance to give it and if they do it will be temporaly.

Mr. Brownson in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

53 months ago

I may be crazy, but reading through these posts, I hope many of you don't talk the way you type! If this is how you type or write, this may be the reason you are not getting a job. When you submit a resume, or go to an interview, it is about how you look, how you speak, how you write, and how you present yourself that matters. You are not entitled to a job JUST because you went to school to be a Medical Assistant. I read on here a girl who said she got straight A's, but I could hardly read her post there were so many grammatical errors. You need to impress people when you meet them for a job, not just "show up," It is hard for everybody in this economy - not just MA's. I am a recruiter for Engineering - and trust me, none of you are alone, but it is the whole package, not just your education that matters.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

ervinn in Pflugerville, Texas

53 months ago

Hello all, I know exactly what you all are going through. I finished Medical Assisting School in Dec 2009 and went to an extern site where they did nothing but get on myspave and their cell phones all day. Plus the Dr was only in the office half day for two days out of the week. I called my school because I was no longer interested in this practice due to the point of the long drive plus no hands on. I have yet to hear from anyone at my school and when I do call I get the "We have not heard from anyone yet". What good is that.. I have been cold calling and sending resumes with cover letters. I still have not heard anything from anyone. I did however go to the hospital volunteer center and sign up. I just hope this school will use these hours so I can complete this Medical assisting program. Not happy with the school and just want to finish so I can take the National and move on with the next chapter which includes hopefully finding a job. The only thing to do is just keep our heads up and pray. If anyone can give me leads on any other extern sites or jobs, I would really appreciate it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dancintangerine in Wayland, Michigan

53 months ago

Apply to the jobs that want experience anyways offten times they re willing to trade experience for the lack of bad habits many experienced MA's already have but in your free time volunteer you may get hired in that way or make connections needed to find a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

53 months ago

Dancintangerine in Wayland, Michigan said: Apply to the jobs that want experience anyways offten times they re willing to trade experience for the lack of bad habits many experienced MA's already have but in your free time volunteer you may get hired in that way or make connections needed to find a job.

Thanks for your support. I am volunteering at a hospital already and they are also going to train me as a Patient Avocate. I just hope after my hours are complete I can get a job but I plan on volunteering still. I will follow your advice and do that. Thanks again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

53 months ago

Nanlisa in Upper Darby, Pennsylvania said: I'm so sorry to hear what you're all going through and it's a shame. You pay all this money to go to school to become a medical assistant and you can't even find a job because they want experience. They don't want trainees. How are you going to get experience if they don't want to train you?

I can't cleary stress this but when these schools advertise for medical assistant training, they don't tell you the whole story and they glamorize the medical field as well. OK so you're in a job that you hate. You go to this one school to become a medical assistant, and then whoopie doo, all of a sudden, you're on Cloud Nine and you now have a "career that you love". They don't tell you exactly what a medical assistant does. They don't tell you that you have to pass a state test before you become a medical assistant. I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that you have to take an industry-approved course before anybody can hire you.

But don't give up. Keep on trying.

Thanks. I am going to take the National (NHA) exam after I complete my hours at the hospital. I am now studying for it. I just would like to pass it because I have this anxiety to tests for some reason.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

53 months ago

Thank you all for the good advice!

Bedpan_Betty in Antioch, California

53 months ago

nurse45 in San Antonio, Texas said: HOW CAN YOU GET YOUR FIRST JOB IF ALL THE JOBS IN THE MEDICAL FIELD REQUIRE EXPERIENCE, JOBS DON'T WANT NEW GRADS.

I too was extremely frustrated after graduating from my Medical Assistant course. I have some info to share that may be of help.

I started out my job search aggressively by sending out cover letters and resumes in response to any medical assistant listing I came across. Next, I decided to apply to any other job listings which offered job responsibilities similar to those of a medical assistant. My theory: get my foot in the door, wow them with my skills, and become next in line to fill an open medical assistant spot. I learned that this was probably not such a good idea. I read somewhere online that this practice might indicate to a potential employer that you're unfocused (confuses them as to what type of job you're truly looking for) or you're desperate for a paycheck.

My first suggestion is to create a portfolio for yourself. Invest in a nice presentation binder with enough tabs for categories such as cover letter, resume, certificates, references, samples of work (docs created in Word, Excel or PowerPoint, if you want that considered as one of your selling points), etc. In each section, have a three-hole punched, clear plastic sleeve to slip in copies of the doc labeled for that section. Now you can easily compile a "complete package" for mailings, interviews, or distribution at a job fair. This portfolio will become your job search bible-- not to mention that it looks very impressive to recruiters and hiring managers.

My second suggestion is to conduct some research into temp agencies in your area. There are some specifically for medical jobs. If you need "experience", this is the best way for a potential employer to see how you perform on the job. You'll keep your skills current, gain confidence, and stand a better chance of being hired.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dra Langford in Windermere, Florida

53 months ago

I need a job in central florida please, iam a RMA
Can you help me? i have experience as a Doctor in my country
also iam bilingual please helpppppppppppppppppppp me

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Angie in Palm Bay, Florida

53 months ago

We are looking to hire a Clinical Research Assistant, experienced or entry level. A good candidate would be someone who has excellent organizational and time management skills. Understands the importance of urgency and is able to prioritize. Is experienced, rooming patients, taking vital signs, medical history, basic pharmacology, EKG, and has strong medical terminology knowledge. Must be computer literate and have experience/knowledge using Microsoft Office. MUST possess EXCELLENT phlebotomy skills. The Research Assistant will assist the Clinical Research Coordinator with patient office visits, phones, screening calls, enrolling patient, chart review, regulatory, and data entry. Must be willing to work overtime and have flexible hours in order to complete deadlines, an occasional weekends may be necessary. We are willing to provide some on the job training; however the clinical skills must be strong.

Dra Langford in Windermere, Florida

53 months ago

Hello
ms angy can i fax you my resume?
Haw far is palm bay from apopka fl?

sincery Cora

nabila zouaoui hernandez in glendale, California

53 months ago

hello my name is Nabila am 35 years old and i graduated from medical assistant about 2 years ago and have not yet find a job just because of the lack of experience .... I dont think it is fair that no one as the time or the energy to train ,if they only new how reliable i am and how good of a job i can do ,if any one has any opening please email me ,you wont regret it ... thank you .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

takierraj in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

53 months ago

Mr. Brownson in Milwaukee, Wisconsin said: I may be crazy, but reading through these posts, I hope many of you don't talk the way you type! If this is how you type or write, this may be the reason you are not getting a job. When you submit a resume, or go to an interview, it is about how you look, how you speak, how you write, and how you present yourself that matters. You are not entitled to a job JUST because you went to school to be a Medical Assistant. I read on here a girl who said she got straight A's, but I could hardly read her post there were so many grammatical errors. You need to impress people when you meet them for a job, not just "show up," It is hard for everybody in this economy - not just MA's. I am a recruiter for Engineering - and trust me, none of you are alone, but it is the whole package, not just your education that matters.

I totally agree with you!! I was just reading these posts thinking the same thing. I just graduated from my MA program and got a job not even a week after I graduated! Like you said it's all about how you present yourself! Good luck new and present MA's!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

53 months ago

Not completely true... I am a very educated person and I am still looking for a job; it's been about one year since I graduated. There are always going to be exceptions to the rule, but since the economy is so bad employers don't want to take the time to orient a recent grad.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.