Medical Billing Job

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

valentine in Salt Lake City, Utah

58 months ago

haydee in Riverside, California said: i am a certified medical biller and coder i graduated in march 24,2010 and i have found nothing everyone want 3+ years..Does anyone know how or if they are hiring near my area for entry level?? thank you

Unfortunately this field is over saturated with new grads with no experience. Your best bet is to try to find a job elsewhere in HIM, such as medical records, billing, data entry or front desk, gain medical experience and become more familiar with ICD 9, CPT and reimbursement. After gaining your experience, leverage for a coding job.

I know it is disheartening to finish school and then have to take a low entry job, but that is how most of us started out.

Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

Kellyel in Hyattsville, Maryland said: Micki87,

I am in Hyattsville, MD and looking at a school in Lanham, MD. I am due to start in November and have become disheartened reading all of these post. What school do you attend? The school I am looking at is Fortis College and they have a 66% placement rate, that is very concerning for me. The tuition is 13k and they only offer the AAPC certification. I am seriously trying to figure out if this is where I need to be or if I can take a less expensive route to gain the knowledge needed to get my foot in the door.

I would not suggest paying $13,000, especially if you are getting a certificate/diploma. I just go to your local community, technical or vocational school.

There is nothing wrong with an AAPC credential, I am a CPC and have done very well with it.

Kellyel in Hyattsville, Maryland

57 months ago

valentine in Salt Lake City, Utah said: I would not suggest paying $13,000, especially if you are getting a certificate/diploma. I just go to your local community, technical or vocational school.

There is nothing wrong with an AAPC credential, I am a CPC and have done very well with it.

I guess my real question what is the difference in the two and which is more marketable.

57 months ago

Kellyel in Hyattsville, Maryland said: I guess my real question what is the difference in the two and which is more marketable.

Both are equally marketable, it just depends on which area of coding you want to be in. The CCS is an inpatient credential, so if you want to do hospital coding, then you might want to sit for it.

The CPC is an outpatient credential, so if you are wanting to do outpatient/emergency dept/outpatient surgery then it is a great one for that. The CCS-P is AHIMA's outpatient credential.

There was a belief in the past the AHIMA was superior to AAPC, but that is of course nonsense and both are recognized nationally.

huh in Stevens Point, Wisconsin

44 months ago

Ann Brier like johnny sins

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Medical billing software in Los Angeles, California

43 months ago

Medical billing jobs are ideal opportunities for those who want to work in the field of medicine..the fact is <a href="www.medical-billing.com/billing-services.php/">Medical Codes</a> of all kinds play a huge role in our lives.. We depend on accurate coding to receive the proper medical care, to pay for services rendered and to qualify for medical coverage..

iris in Buffalo, New York

31 months ago

jeep_lady21@hotmail.com in Detroit, Michigan said: Jackie: I have been a Medical Biller for 20 years. I never had any formal training for my position. I started as a Receptionist in an OB/GYN office and just started asking a lot of questions until I had gained enough knowledge to actually start inputting charges and working claim rejections. The best answer I can give you is start at the bottom of the ladder as a Receptionist or a File Clerk in a practice, and as I did, ask a lot of questions. Good Luck to you!
Jackie thanks for the advice now I know which way I should go as far as my career thank again

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Iris in Buffalo, New York

31 months ago

Now that I have my degree in Medical Insurance Billing Coding is there anyone out there willing to give me an chance, to put my skills to work in the job market or will the just look at resume? and past it by , because I just finished school; everyone has to think , they had to be trained to get to where they are today. So why not give someone an chance to work there skills of hard work they put in to.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lamia in marlborough MA in Marlborough, Massachusetts

22 months ago

I have been a Medical billing for 12 years,i have been looking to get a job,and i have found nothing..Does anyone know how or if they are hiring near my area here my email address!!!! abdoulamia01@yahoo.com
Thank you

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.