is ASCPi recognized in Nevada?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 69)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

chu in North Las Vegas, Nevada

75 months ago

hello! just wanna ask if ASCPi is recognized in Las vegas,Nevada.somebody told me that it isnt recognized and i shuld take another exam like AMT.

does it mean my ASCPi certification is a waste?

will i able to get a Nevada license for Medical Technologist with my ASCPi certification?

please help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

ocean c in Lawrence, Kansas

74 months ago

I have a couple of colleagues who got to work in Nevada using their AMT licenses.. but of course they had to get the state of Nevada license in order for them to work there

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

is that right? then i guess i have to take another certification exam...like AMT

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Steph in Lewisville, Texas

74 months ago

Guys the AMT is the BOTTOM OF THE BARREL! I am a traveling tech and the ASCP or the NCA are the gold standard everywhere. ASCP and NCA are merging so I am not sure how that will effect the AMT. They might merge with them or employers are just going to SOLEY look for MT with ascp or nca since they are merging. Here is some advice if you want to move around in your career, take the ascp or nca, most employers recognize the two agency and when they combine they might only accept that combined agency.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

berserk in Topeka, Kansas

74 months ago

hi chu. are u already in the United States? if so, i might be willing to help you find an employer. One question tho, Is your mind set only in working in nevada? Why wont u apply in other states and take the exam (ascp, nca, amt or whatever ) it will give you a much bigger perspective on your career.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

hi berserk! yes im in US right now,in las vegas.for now i dont have other choice but to stay and work here in las vegas since my husband is in military and i think well be staying here till 2011.

i already took ASCPi(international)but they dont recognize that here in nevada thats why im on the process on preparing my papers to take AMT so that i will be able to get a nevada license.

i cant take ASCP coz i dont have 5 yrs working experience yet neither NCA coz that also requires i think 3 or 4 working experience.so i dnt have a choice but to take AMT.by the way are you a filipino?can u really help me find an employer?

Steph in Lewisville, Texas

74 months ago

Every place I worked havent even heard of the AMT. Every CLS/MT program tells there students to take either the NCA or ASCP. I am telling you once they clamped down with restrictions in working in the clincal lab, those two agencies will be the ONLY way you will be hired.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

i know..but i dont have a choice.im not eligible to take either ASCP or NCA coz it requires 5 years working experience and and i think 4 yrs respectively to take those two exam.

John Walker BS MT (ASCP) in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

74 months ago

I thought the ASCPi was equivilant to the ascp?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

not really..hi john..are u a filipino?are u working as a medtech?

John Walker BS MT (ASCP) in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

74 months ago

no not filipino, i just thought they were equivilant. Yea i am a MT in the philly area at a local hospital.

blue21ph in Chino, California

73 months ago

ASCPi versus ASCP—What’s the Difference?
The difference between the two certifications is that the international (ASCPi) exam does not include U.S. governmental policy and procedure questions with which you should be familiar if you are working in the U.S. (i.e. OSHA, CLIA, HIPPA) However, having the ASCPi certification proves you are just as competent as the ASCP certified individual in all other aspects of the medical laboratory.

Email this page
Print

Member Login

mt in las vegas in Las Vegas, Nevada

72 months ago

i dont think you need to take another exam in order to get the nevada license. Your ASCPi well do for the receprocity of Nevada License all they want is your clinical experience and your credential evaluation

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

hi mt! just want to ask where i can apply to work here in vegas as MT? been looking for a job for few months now..are u a filipino?hope u can help me.Thank you

Kaye in Phoenix, Arizona

65 months ago

What are the boomers that have their HEW certification going to do? This is recognized by CLIA88.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

vj_21 in las vegas

64 months ago

im confused...anybody hav an idea about the CLS license? do u rily hav to get the ASCP or ASCPi first before u can apply for CLS?? and how do u get the nevada license by reciprocity??

@chu hi im also in vegas hope we can exchange ym i rily nid some guidance im only a fresh graduate and my only exp is the 1 yr internship..im planning to take both amt and ascpi is that enuf for me to land a job? by the way r u fil?

im sory i hav so many questions..hope u can help my confused mind ^^

chu vince cruz in North Las Vegas, Nevada

64 months ago

hi vj-21

whats your YM ID?

flowerpower in Grapevine, Texas

62 months ago

chu in North Las Vegas, Nevada said: i know..but i dont have a choice.im not eligible to take either ASCP or NCA coz it requires 5 years working experience and and i think 4 yrs respectively to take those two exam.

I am sure that you qualify to take the categorical exams that ASCP offers.That is what I have done.I don't have 5 years of lab experience yet either.I am not waiting 5 years to get my license.I took the ASCP categorical exam in blood banking and passed.Now...preparing to take the categorical exams in chemistry and hematology since I got my six months of experience in those areas.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

America has stopped recruiting from the Philippines, they have plenty of American students, stay in ur country and don't contribute to brain drain.

If you really want to work outside your country, I heard Iraq was looking for MTs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (25) Reply - Report abuse

sis_eio in Las Vegas, Nevada

61 months ago

hi vj and chu, im a fresh grad too, just got here in las vegas. and, like you vj, i am completely clueless to what things/exams should be done first. i need help! btw,i already passed the board exam, but, like you, the only job experience i have is the 1yr internship program.. help pls! thanks in advance!

sis_eio in Las Vegas, Nevada

61 months ago

hello, can i get your ym id?

61 months ago

hi sis_eio,
the first certification exam that i took was ASCPi however when i tried to apply for a nevada license for medtech, the Bureau of Licensure told me that they dont recognize ASCPi and the only way for me to get a nevada license is to take another certification exam like ASCP, AMT and theres another one which i cant remember.. so i did took another certification exam which is AMT then applied for my license.

ciantal in Saint Louis, Missouri

61 months ago

hi all! I've been working in MO for 3 years now and wanted to relocate to Florida. I dont know about license reciprocity. I am AMT license. Please anyone can teach me the steps on how to do this. Thanks a lot!

deland70 in Orlando, Florida

61 months ago

ciantal in Saint Louis, Missouri said: hi all! I've been working in MO for 3 years now and wanted to relocate to Florida. I dont know about license reciprocity. I am AMT license. Please anyone can teach me the steps on how to do this. Thanks a lot!

I am working here in Florida as medical technologist. try to contact the FL Department of Health and request for application form for MT. Google search their website.
As far as i remember, you need to fill out an employment form with in-depth details in each area that you gained experience. Then, your transcipt from your school directly addressed to them. etc.. your AMT validation letter and most importantly, your SSN otherwise you will not be issued if you dont have one. Goodluck.

ciantal in Monrovia, California

61 months ago

deland70 in Orlando, Florida said: I am working here in Florida as medical technologist. try to contact the FL Department of Health and request for application form for MT. Google search their website.
As far as i remember, you need to fill out an employment form with in-depth details in each area that you gained experience. Then, your transcipt from your school directly addressed to them. etc.. your AMT validation letter and most importantly, your SSN otherwise you will not be issued if you dont have one. Goodluck.

thanks deland70, you really if a great help. God bless!

fardy82 in Brownfield, Texas

57 months ago

hi I have an AMT and im here in Texas working as Medtech.And I wanna move to Las Vegas Nevada so I was wondering if you guys can help me find a job in Las Vegas...thank you...

jo3_m in Boston, Massachusetts

56 months ago

America is running out of MT's and CLS's. Because people here don't want to go to school. Medical technology schools around my area even closed because nobody is enrolling. That's how lazy Americans are. Now, know your facts. Labs like the Filipinos because they are hardworking people.

. said: America has stopped recruiting from the Philippines, they have plenty of American students, stay in ur country and don't contribute to brain drain.

If you really want to work outside your country, I heard Iraq was looking for MTs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

dettiny in Blountstown, Florida

49 months ago

chu in North Las Vegas, Nevada said: hi mt! just want to ask where i can apply to work here in vegas as MT? been looking for a job for few months now..are u a filipino?hope u can help me.Thank you

Hi chu, i've been reading your comments here, even before you took the ascpi exams and you passed. I did too, in december 2009. Right now, i'm here in the US, and also wondering if ascpi is recognized by the state of florida. I am in the process of applying for a florida license, but i am not sure if they recognize my ascpi. if not, then it's just a waste, really, after all the hardships of taking that very difficult exam.

Are you employed now? Thanks. BTW, i am a Filipino.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

hi dettiny..here in vegas they dont recognize ascpi but not sure in florida though. i started as lab assistant and later on promoted to medtech position

MLU in Las Vegas, Nevada

48 months ago

hi chu! i emailed you last week. did u received my email? i have questions kasi regarding being a med tech in vegas. i sent it to the email add you posted in this forum months ago.

pooh in Las Vegas, Nevada

48 months ago

ASCPi not recognized in NV??? i have a big problem then! i'm planning to take ASCPi cause AMT is asking for a lab experience in the last 5 yrs and i have none. i only have internship as my work experience and that's > 5 yrs ago. and relocating is not in my option. :(

48 months ago

hi pooh..i took ascpi first , then when i applied for the state license they told me that they dont recognize ascpi so they advice me to take either ascp (which im not qualified yet coz you need at least 5 yrs working experience to be eligible to take ascp) , amt or nca. regarding the amt i think you can just leave that part where they ask the lab experience. just take amt exam then after that apply for the state license

good luck

48 months ago

hi icy,

i worked as lab assistant for 9 months. there was an opening for a medtech position where i work so i applied for that and since im a internal applicant i got the job or should i say i was promoted. it was hard for me since i dont have any work experience here in US but i guess its a case to case basis

goodluck

TRM in Las Vegas, Nevada

47 months ago

dettiny in Blountstown, Florida said: Hi chu, i've been reading your comments here, even before you took the ascpi exams and you passed. I did too, in december 2009. Right now, i'm here in the US, and also wondering if ascpi is recognized by the state of florida. I am in the process of applying for a florida license, but i am not sure if they recognize my ascpi. if not, then it's just a waste, really, after all the hardships of taking that very difficult exam.

where

hi, are you currently residing in Blountstown, Florida. wow, reminds me of the place. this is where my first USA job as medical technologist was. try to call state of florida or MQAS. this is the right place where you could get correct informations. I assume you are Filipino. I'm in Las Vegas for almost 4 years now working as medical technologist. have u considered moving to las vegas. it's a nice warm place, just like manila. bye now & good luck.

47 months ago

hi TRM! would you mind me asking.. where do you work? do you have some opening in your place?

BNG in Stamford, Connecticut

47 months ago

chu vince cruz in North Las Vegas, Nevada said: hi sis_eio,
the first certification exam that i took was ASCPi however when i tried to apply for a nevada license for medtech, the Bureau of Licensure told me that they dont recognize ASCPi and the only way for me to get a nevada license is to take another certification exam like ASCP, AMT and theres another one which i cant remember.. so i did took another certification exam which is AMT then applied for my license.

hi chu, could you tell me the requirements for Nevada MT licenssure, im planning to move to west coast particularly Nevada, i have no luck in finding a job here in east from my AMT cert... i am too from pinas just moved here recently and still to find a job. i really need help...

47 months ago

BNG you just need to take either AMT or ASCP. after you pass then you can apply for nevada state license

good luck

47 months ago

chu in North Las Vegas, Nevada said: BNG you just need to take either AMT or ASCP. after you pass then you can apply for nevada state license

good luck

i am already AMT certified... i mean whats next? could you give me details or steps maybe? im quite confused w/ their site...

trm in Las Vegas, Nevada

47 months ago

apply for reciprocity from state of nevada. go to their website & follow the instructions. do u have social security nos. alkready. i believe that's one of the requirements. rare you currently working now. give me ur tel.no & ill call u. r u filipino. wish i could help u. im working at sunrise hosp. las vegas as generalist at core lab.

47 months ago

trm in Las Vegas, Nevada said: apply for reciprocity from state of nevada. go to their website & follow the instructions. do u have social security nos. alkready. i believe that's one of the requirements. rare you currently working now. give me ur tel.no & ill call u. r u filipino. wish i could help u. im working at sunrise hosp. las vegas as generalist at core lab.[/QUOTE

hi TRM yes i am filipino(immigrant) and new here in states, i called Nevada yesterday and im all set for applying, i just need a few more phone calls from AMT and WES, i have 4 years of experience in the philippines and must admit not much knowledge w/ automation, "alam mo naman sa pinas manual pa sa lab" anyways im willing to be trained and ok w/ entry level post... would you happen to know any openings?

46 months ago

is there anyone here who knows where to find entry level job for medical technologist in Nevada? planing to move west im just wondering what my odds are in Nevada or Arizona or New Mexico maybe...

Boyong in Newark, Delaware

46 months ago

Hi,

Can I practise as MT in PA, NJ with AMT, ASCPi?

Coffee08 in Honolulu, Hawaii

46 months ago

Im confused,please help.im just a new immigrant here in hawaii, i had a 10yrs experience working in philipphines, what certification should i take to apply a job here in hawaii, ASCP or ASCPi? Pls help tnx!!

Boyong in Wilmington, Delaware

46 months ago

Coffee08 in Honolulu, Hawaii said: Im confused,please help.im just a new immigrant here in hawaii, i had a 10yrs experience working in philipphines, what certification should i take to apply a job here in hawaii, ASCP or ASCPi? Pls help tnx!!

Hi Coffee08,

ASCPi as far as I know it is only recognized in CA...you are not qualified to take the ASCP coz you need 5 years US experience...Ask the state if AMT will do in Hawaii...

carolina19 in West Palm Beach, Florida

45 months ago

how u can have 5 years experience without a license? thats one of the requirements for get a license

sunita in Hyderabad, India

44 months ago

dettiny in Blountstown, Florida said: Hi chu, i've been reading your comments here, even before you took the ascpi exams and you passed. I did too, in december 2009. Right now, i'm here in the US, and also wondering if ascpi is recognized by the state of florida. I am in the process of applying for a florida license, but i am not sure if they recognize my ascpi. if not, then it's just a waste, really, after all the hardships of taking that very difficult exam.

Hi,
I am in india and i want to write ascpi exam. Can u suggest me how to apply and what band is to be scored? I have 13 years experience as a medical laboratory technologist. But i do not have any license to work abroad. Which exam would you suggest? ascpi.MT. plz suggest.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

arly in Americus, Georgia

44 months ago

Hi. You can sit for the ASCPI exam. Please check out their website at www.ascp.org. Or you can sit for AMT exam because you already have experience. www.amt1.com. Go to these websites and follow the intructions on how to apply. Goodluck.

Jesi Verzosa in Elmhurst, New York

43 months ago

Hi anyone I need some advise, I just got here in NY 3 months ago & I was wondering what exam to take here, maybe ascpi? Is ascpi recognized here in NY?

Jesi Verzosa in Elmhurst, New York

43 months ago

Hi anyone, I need some advice, I just got here in NY 3 months ago & I'm wondering what exam to take, ascpi? Is ascpi recognized here in NY?

mafunian in Riverside, California

43 months ago

I have a MB (ASCP) which is Certified technologist in Molecular Biology, but I do not have any clinical experience, I always worked in Molecular Biology labs in Academia i.e. University Research Labs. Unfortunately I now live in California and can not get a CA license due to not having Clinical Laboratory experience, but I am willing to move to another state if I can find a job with my MB (ASCP) certificate, any help is highly appreciated.

Desperately yours;

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.