Im Planning to take the AMT exam.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 1126)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

me in Miami, Florida

83 months ago

KevinMax in Tacloban, Philippines said: any idea where can i buy the cuviello reviewer?

check amt1.com then go to the reviewers cost around $50.00

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Renier in Manama, Bahrain

82 months ago

if i pass the amt exam, what recruitment agencies are connected to the hospitals in the US? do you know some?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (73) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

lydia sarmiento in Ottawa, Ontario

82 months ago

i have plans to take the amt exam sometimes next year. I have the cuviello reviewer. And i want to ask if this will be a great help or shall i concentrate to this books? Since im full time working here in canada i cant afford to have lots of time to study and read notes from other resources like the ones we had from university. For those who passed the amt exam please please i need your advices, It will be a great help.Thanks in advance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (130) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

diay in Ottawa, Ontario

82 months ago

julie in Makati, Philippines said: its better u will take ascp instead of amt. ascpi mt is internationlly recognize. my clinical instructor told us that amt is a waste of money. some states in the US dosnt not recognize amt...they require ascp

I already have the reults for the evaluation from amt. I thought it would be easier to get a working visa if you passed the amt exam.I already invested money for the materials and all. Now i dont know if I will still push through the plan for amt exam and tke the ascp after as a way of preparation too for ascp.Now if i failed the amt, will I still be qualified to take ascp?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

diay in Ottawa, Ontario

81 months ago

julie jugalbot in liloan, cebu, Philippines said: yes you are qualified to take ascp...just take the since you already prepared for it. not to discourage you, but they said(those who already took te exam) ascp is difficult than amt. Me i am stil reiewing for ascp...and still looking for materials to use but for now im reading clinical diagnosis by henry, i dnt know if this book is helpful...

we both have the same book..Mine is the 19th edition though.kinda old.I also have the manual from morrison media.Those are just pointers and some topics that werew simplified for the takers to have the understanding.Yes i guess i will take the amt middle next year since i already spend money.Its hard coz im fulltime working in an office and i dont have much time for reading.Oh well.thanks for your replies julie. We can share notes if you like.email me once in a while if you wish.By the way did you already apply if you are qualify to take the ASCPIexam.And when are you taking the exam?Keep it touch and share me what happened please and thank you.Good luck and God bless.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Victoria Theddy-Tobin in Belize City, Belize

81 months ago

Sir,
I am a medical technologist working in Belize. I am preparing for ASCP Board of registry examination in my field(MT).I want to place an order for:

Board of registry study guide: clinical laboratory certificate examinations
4th edition.
Softbound, 504 pages,1996
ISBN:0891894160
Price:$50
Please,how much is the shipping cost to Belize.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Victoria Theddy-Tobin in Belize City, Belize

81 months ago

Sir,
I will sit for my ASCP board of registry examinations in august,2008.
Hence,the preparation.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

pamela buhain in Orlando, Florida

80 months ago

Renier in Manama, Bahrain said: if i pass the amt exam, what recruitment agencies are connected to the hospitals in the US? do you know some?

hi Renier,i am pamela buhain,a med. tech by profession here in Kissimmee/Orlando area and just by chance went through this website.i am also in the business of recruiting RNs,Med.Techs and PTs.my company is just on the process of building our database for healthcare professionals who are interested of working in the USA. if you are interested you can forward your resume or questions to this email address:
pamelabuhain@yahoo.com
for now,you can communicate with me through that address while our website is under construction. i will be home in the Phils.(Manila) sometime in April and my co-associate in June this year(Cebu)to meet interested parties.i would appreciate if you pass this on to your co-workers or anybody who is interested. thank you and hope to hear from you soon.

pamela buhain

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

JULIE ANN in Rockville, Maryland

80 months ago

I USED THE CUVIELLO, VERY SIMPLE AND EASY TO UNDERSTAND.THAT'S ALL I USED AND I MADE IT.GOOD LUCK TGA TACLOBAN GIHAP AKO.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Pinoy MT in Houston, Texas

79 months ago

julie in Makati, Philippines said: its better u will take ascp instead of amt. ascpi mt is internationlly recognize. my clinical instructor told us that amt is a waste of money. some states in the US dosnt not recognize amt...they require ascp

I disagree. AMT is not a waste of money! It worked for me. I got a job here using only my AMT credential. Some states do not recognize it, correct. That is because they have their own state board exams.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

delightful in Nassau, Bahamas

79 months ago

hi anyone from canada who works as a medical tech? planning on moving to canada and need to know what exam i will need to take to work there in the laboratory. also what i will need to get to review for this exam. thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

gel in Las Vegas, Nevada

79 months ago

hi! i'm planning to take the AMT exam and will be using the CUVIELLO REFERENCE MANUAL. i haven't gotten the book and have no idea if it's a good review material. does anyone from here can give a review/feedback about CUVIELLO? and how many pages per volume so i could estimate the time that i would alot for reading this material.

salamat!
:)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

Flipino in San Antonio, Texas

79 months ago

I just brosed over my college notes. I have the Cuviello manual too but didn't use it to prepare for the exam.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Carlos in Houston, Texas

78 months ago

Why all this talk about ASCP and AMT? Note that you can also take the NCA exam. NCA offers an exam for those who didn't get their degrees in the US. You just have to pay extra to arrange for your test. Also NCA requires that a candidate should have taken the english exams (TOEFL, IELTS, etc)

Follow this link: www.nca-info.org/pdfs/tempstatqual.pdf

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Avani Desai in Redmond, Washington

78 months ago

Pinoy MT in Houston, Texas said: I disagree. AMT is not a waste of money! It worked for me. I got a job here using only my AMT credential. Some states do not recognize it, correct. That is because they have their own state board exams.

Hi Pinoy,
I am planning to take AMT exam next month. I have Cuvelion for preparation. Do you use AMT exam paper? Please give me advice for exam.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Beth in Erie, Pennsylvania

78 months ago

JULIE ANN in Rockville, Maryland said: I USED THE CUVIELLO, VERY SIMPLE AND EASY TO UNDERSTAND.THAT'S ALL I USED AND I MADE IT.GOOD LUCK TGA TACLOBAN GIHAP AKO.

Are the test questions like the ones in the study guide? I have been study the questions in the guides and hope the questions cover that material.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Beth in Erie, Pennsylvania

78 months ago

gel in Las Vegas, Nevada said: hi! i'm planning to take the AMT exam and will be using the CUVIELLO REFERENCE MANUAL. i haven't gotten the book and have no idea if it's a good review material. does anyone from here can give a review/feedback about CUVIELLO? and how many pages per volume so i could estimate the time that i would alot for reading this material.

salamat!
:)

I have both books. They are a good review. Volume one has 5 topics and volume two has just chem and immuno; it is more time consuming as chemisty has over 350 questions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

chu in North Las Vegas, Nevada

78 months ago

gel in Las Vegas, Nevada said: hi! i'm planning to take the AMT exam and will be using the CUVIELLO REFERENCE MANUAL. i haven't gotten the book and have no idea if it's a good review material. does anyone from here can give a review/feedback about CUVIELLO? and how many pages per volume so i could estimate the time that i would alot for reading this material.

salamat!
:)

j=hi gel! i ust arrived here in las vegas a month ago.im planning to take state board exam for medtech kaso di ko lam what to take.im planning to take ASCP sana but somebody told me that it requires 3-5 yrs working experience for me to be able to take the exam..is that true?hope you can help me

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

gel in Las Vegas, Nevada

78 months ago

i'm sorry but i don't realy have any idea. i just started reviewing for AMT. if that's the case for the ASCP then i can't take it pa.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

gel in Las Vegas, Nevada

78 months ago

Beth in Erie, Pennsylvania said: I have both books. They are a good review. Volume one has 5 topics and volume two has just chem and immuno; it is more time consuming as chemisty has over 350 questions.

hey thanks! just got my cuviello.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

chu vince cruz in North Las Vegas, Nevada

78 months ago

gel in Las Vegas, Nevada said: i'm sorry but i don't realy have any idea. i just started reviewing for AMT. if that's the case for the ASCP then i can't take it pa.

i see..thanks anyway and good luck to your AMT exam..Godbless

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Ash in Orem, Utah

77 months ago

Beth in Erie, Pennsylvania said: I have both books. They are a good review. Volume one has 5 topics and volume two has just chem and immuno; it is more time consuming as chemisty has over 350 questions.

Hi Beth, haven't reviewed yet. Where can we buy the books?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Beth in Erie, Pennsylvania

77 months ago

You have to order them from the AMT website. I find the books easy to follow and they contain a number of questions that seem to be a good review.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Avani Desai in Redmond, Washington

77 months ago

Hi Beth
have you take AMT exam?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Beth in Erie, Pennsylvania

77 months ago

No not yet, I am schedule to take it April 29th.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Denis Chiong in Toronto, Ontario

77 months ago

chu in North Las Vegas, Nevada said: j=hi gel! i ust arrived here in las vegas a month ago.im planning to take state board exam for medtech kaso di ko lam what to take.im planning to take ASCP sana but somebody told me that it requires 3-5 yrs working experience for me to be able to take the exam..is that true?hope you can help me

Alam mo totoo yan mga 5 years pa nga e, kasi may friend ako na nagtrabaho sa Saipan ,e di ba one of the state ng America ito,kumuha sya ng ASCP after 5 years working there at nagtatrabaho na sya ngyn sa Florida. Mag Amt ka muna kaya pero selected state lang ang puede kang mag trabaho,kasi nga every state has its own state board.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Denis Chiong in Toronto, Ontario

77 months ago

I'm here in Toronto,kukuha ako ng national certification exam this coming June,kaso lang nahihirapan akong maghanap ng reviewer dito sa Canada,baka may alam naman kayo dyan,tulungan nyo naman ako.God Bless

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Denis Chiong in Toronto, Ontario

77 months ago

delightful in Nassau, Bahamas said: hi anyone from canada who works as a medical tech? planning on moving to canada and need to know what exam i will need to take to work there in the laboratory. also what i will need to get to review for this exam. thanks

Alam mo puede kang magtrabaho muna sa clinic dito as phlebo,tapos hanapin mo sa website ng OSMT kung ano requirements para sa exam ng lab. assistant.Pero kung medical lab. technologist ang gusto mong kunin na exam,magpapa evaluate ka muna sa ICES at pagkatapos sa CSMLS at doon mo malalaman kung kukuha ka pa ba ng refresher course pero sa bahay lang ito,paper based at hindi online sila magpapadala sayo ng materials,syempre kung saan school ka mag e enrol. At kapagtapos ka na sa refresher mo e susulatan ka na ng csmls kung kailan mo i cha challenge ang exam.Pero kung natapatan mo naman ang standard ng canada,meron naman na hindi na nag rerefresher course at pina kukuha na lang ng exam. Kung may tanong ka pa,sulat ka lang.Good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

chu vince cruz in North Las Vegas, Nevada

77 months ago

JULIE ANN in Rockville, Maryland said: I USED THE CUVIELLO, VERY SIMPLE AND EASY TO UNDERSTAND.THAT'S ALL I USED AND I MADE IT.GOOD LUCK TGA TACLOBAN GIHAP AKO.

kailngan ba tlga working experience sa pag take ng AMT exam/?sa form kasi meron part dun yung working experience e..wala pa naman ako working experience..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Avani Desai in Redmond, Washington

77 months ago

Hi Julie Ann
Do you pass your AMT exam? Do you read only cuvielino?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Beth in Erie, Pennsylvania

77 months ago

Julie Ann,
Are the test questions similar to the questions in the book? I have only been studying the two Cuviello books. I am taking the exam in 3 weeks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

chu vince cruz in North Las Vegas, Nevada

77 months ago

do i really need working experience to take AMT?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

chu vince cruz in North Las Vegas, Nevada

77 months ago

diay in Ottawa, Ontario said: I already have the reults for the evaluation from amt. I thought it would be easier to get a working visa if you passed the amt exam.I already invested money for the materials and all. Now i dont know if I will still push through the plan for amt exam and tke the ascp after as a way of preparation too for ascp.Now if i failed the amt, will I still be qualified to take ascp?

hello! just want to ask if i need a working experience to take AMT exam.i check application forms a while ago and i see part III regarding laboratory experience..is that really necessary coz i dnt have any working experience yet

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

diay in Ottawa, Ontario

77 months ago

i guess they would need working experience.Im not sure really. But they require COE together with your credentials to be submitted to AMT.You can read the requirements on their website.In the application form you will need to choose whatever categories you are into.Im not taking the AMT yet though they are giving me the chance to sit and take the exam.Maybe before the year ends.Well try to email them if you need more clarification.Good luck and God Bless.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

chu vince cruz in North Las Vegas, Nevada

77 months ago

JULIE ANN in Rockville, Maryland said: I USED THE CUVIELLO, VERY SIMPLE AND EASY TO UNDERSTAND.THAT'S ALL I USED AND I MADE IT.GOOD LUCK TGA TACLOBAN GIHAP AKO.

hi julie ann.just wnt to ask if i need to have working experience to take AMT.i check the apllication form and i see PART III regarding laboratory experience...wil i able to take the exam even without working experience?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

chu vince cruz in North Las Vegas, Nevada

77 months ago

gel in Las Vegas, Nevada said: hi! i'm planning to take the AMT exam and will be using the CUVIELLO REFERENCE MANUAL. i haven't gotten the book and have no idea if it's a good review material. does anyone from here can give a review/feedback about CUVIELLO? and how many pages per volume so i could estimate the time that i would alot for reading this material.

salamat!
:)

hi gel! ask kolng kailnagn ba tlga working experience to take AMT exam?nakita ko kasi sa application part III regarding laboratory experience.kailngan ba tlga yun or optional lang.dito rin ako las vegas.ask ko rin sana sayo kung recognized ba ASCPi sa vegas or mas recognized AMT?hope u can help me with this matter.gusto ko na rin sana mag review e.thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

doc gie in Las Vegas, Nevada

77 months ago

working experience is not required. =) just leave that portion blank if you don't have a working experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

gel in Las Vegas, Nevada

77 months ago

chu vince cruz in North Las Vegas, Nevada said: hi gel! ask kolng kailnagn ba tlga working experience to take AMT exam?nakita ko kasi sa application part III regarding laboratory experience.kailngan ba tlga yun or optional lang.dito rin ako las vegas.ask ko rin sana sayo kung recognized ba ASCPi sa vegas or mas recognized AMT?hope u can help me with this matter.gusto ko na rin sana mag review e.thanks

i'm not sure about the ASCPi. my friend took the AMT exam last june and is now working as a med tech sa isang lab. ang alam ko wala naman siyang working experience as a med tech even back home sa pinas. kahit ako wala akong working experience as a med tech. i'm working as a medical assistant kasi. i haven't filed my application but i started reading na the cuviello.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

doc gie in Las Vegas, Nevada

77 months ago

gel in Las Vegas, Nevada said: i'm not sure about the ASCPi. my friend took the AMT exam last june and is now working as a med tech sa isang lab. ang alam ko wala naman siyang working experience as a med tech even back home sa pinas. kahit ako wala akong working experience as a med tech. i'm working as a medical assistant kasi. i haven't filed my application but i started reading na the cuviello.

cuviello is good but try mo mag-add ng polansky or ciulla if di ka confident sa cuviello lang. kasi madali lang AMT, i'm not sure if gawa kasi kaming mga friends ko na kumuha ng AMT are medtech/doctors.

tapos sa ASCP, if you have those reviewers na ginagamit sa review centers for California State Licensure, ok yun. tapos again Polansky or Ciulla plus the ASCP BOR manual.

and don't forget to pray =)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Avani Desai in Woodinville, Washington

77 months ago

Hi Gel,

How's AMT exam paper? Is same look like on cuveillino chapter test? Cuveillino is enough for AMT exam. Please reply me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

chu vince cruz in North Las Vegas, Nevada

77 months ago

doc gie..what maganda book ni polansky gamitin for review sa ASCPi?ano pa maganda reviewers na gamit mo fro ASCPi?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

doc gie in Las Vegas, Nevada

77 months ago

hi! sorry. mejo bc e. studyng for my MLE. hehe. yung sa ascp. i borrowed yung rviewer ng friend ko na nagCalifornia state licensure. =) regarding AMT, you dont need a lab experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

gel in Las Vegas, Nevada

77 months ago

Avani Desai in Woodinville, Washington said: Hi Gel,

How's AMT exam paper? Is same look like on cuveillino chapter test? Cuveillino is enough for AMT exam. Please reply me.

i haven't taken the exam. sorry but i still don't have any idea about it.

anyone here who has taken the exam please give some feedback to Avani Desai.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

gel in Las Vegas, Nevada

77 months ago

doc gie in Las Vegas, Nevada said: cuviello is good but try mo mag-add ng polansky or ciulla if di ka confident sa cuviello lang. kasi madali lang AMT, i'm not sure if gawa kasi kaming mga friends ko na kumuha ng AMT are medtech/doctors.

tapos sa ASCP, if you have those reviewers na ginagamit sa review centers for California State Licensure, ok yun. tapos again Polansky or Ciulla plus the ASCP BOR manual.

and don't forget to pray =)

thanks!

are you now working as a med tech? madali bang humanap ng work kasi i really don't have any working experience as a med tech aside from the internship nung college. i'm also an MT/MD working on my AMT just in case hindi ma-match kaya NO working experience as a med tech.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Avani Desai in Woodinville, Washington

77 months ago

Thanks Gel for your reply. Anybody know about AMT exam?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

amilyn panimdim in mississauga, Ontario

77 months ago

hi,pwede mgwork as phlebo khit wla license?un b ginawa mo?
nagrerefresher pko eh pero sana mkpgexam n ako by october,d2 kmi s mississauga,bkt di k mgreview sa michener?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

diay in Ottawa, Ontario

77 months ago

employment in ottawa is dead. I did part time job as phlebo but it was only 6 months.I have intention to move to US coz I cant find my luck here, thats why.. Tell me when you got a job on our field. I know in toronto there is better chance.Dont go to ottawa! good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Beth in Erie, Pennsylvania

77 months ago

Erie Pennsylvania is having a shortage of Medical Technologist. All the labs in Erie are looking for techs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Avani Desai in Woodinville, Washington

77 months ago

Hi Beth
How's your study goining on for exam?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Avani Desai in Woodinville, Washington

77 months ago

Hi Beth,

wish you best luck for exam.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.