Anyone going to CLS Program interview at UC Davis in Nov 2012?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 74)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Maya in Fremont, California

23 months ago

Anyone who got interview call from UC davis for March 2013? I got today kinda confused choosing interview dates between 6th and 19th Nov ! If anyone got same please let me know at my email mvishwakarma@gmail.com. Or if any who can help in interview questions Please please send me email. Good Luck Everyone! Thanks !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

AhiTuna in California

23 months ago

What is the confusion about? UCDMC usually interviews all day on two consecutive Fridays. They give the interviewees a choice of which date they would like to interview, in case one day is better than the other. If both Fridays are convenient for you, then tell them so--that will help them out in scheduling interviews.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

23 months ago

Thanks for your reply ! I choose 20th Nov (sorry I put 19th by my mistake). Anyone appeared in 6th Nov Interview ? Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

CLS applicant in San Francisco, California

22 months ago

Hi Maya, I will be attending nov 20th interview as well. I'm excited and nervous at the same time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

22 months ago

CLS applicant in San Francisco, California said: Hi Maya, I will be attending nov 20th interview as well. I'm excited and nervous at the same time.

Ohh Nice ....email me @ mvishwakarma@gmail.com, We can coordinate ! Dont worry you will be fine ! Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

CLSwannabe in San Diego, California

20 months ago

Can anyone who attended interview at UC Davis give some useful information on how to prepare for it? How long did it take and what questions did they ask?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Cls applicant in San Bruno, California

20 months ago

Hello, the process is different, I'm not allowed to disclose what happens that day but what I can suggest is really know yourself in terms of what makes you a good candidate for the CLS program,review their mission statement, think outside the box because they're really isn't a good way to prepare, your experiences in life will get you through.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

JJ in San Jose, California

20 months ago

could you please tell how long did the interview last?
I assume you are already in the program. Any insight on how to make yourself stand out from other applicants?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Cls applicant in San Francisco, California

20 months ago

Review the characteristics their looking for on their website as a CLS think of how you fit in each.

CLS_applicant in Davis, California

19 months ago

Hi! I applied for Fall 2013 at UC Davis back in January, but I still have not gotten any replies from them yet. Does that mean I did not get invited for an interview? :( I'm so nervous... If anyone else applied for the Fall 2013 cycle, did you get any response from the UC Davis CLS Program? Thank you!

CLS potential in San Diego, California

19 months ago

I don't know if this is helpful, but I applied to the Pomona CLS program and haven't gotten a response as of yet either. Their deadline was January 22, so I hope they are still looking through the candidates. SFSU and SJSU had to turn in their applications in November and got responses back starting a few weeks ago.

CLS_applicant in Davis, California said: Hi! I applied for Fall 2013 at UC Davis back in January, but I still have not gotten any replies from them yet. Does that mean I did not get invited for an interview? :( I'm so nervous... If anyone else applied for the Fall 2013 cycle, did you get any response from the UC Davis CLS Program? Thank you!

fnmagno in Vallejo, California

19 months ago

I applied to the SJSU as well as UC Davis program and got rejected from both :( I heard back from Davis a couple weeks ago.

CLS_applicant in Davis, California

19 months ago

fnmagno in Vallejo, California said: I applied to the SJSU as well as UC Davis program and got rejected from both :( I heard back from Davis a couple weeks ago.

I'm sorry :( I'm super worried now since they have not contacted me yet...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

CLS Fall 2013 in Lincoln, California

19 months ago

Has anyone been invited to interview at either UC Irvine or CSULA? I got an email from UC Irvine 2 weeks ago saying when interviews will be held for selected candidates, but haven't gotten any emails since then and am starting to get worried.

mango in San Luis Obispo, California

19 months ago

Same situation. Heard from Irvine a while ago when interviews were and haven't heard since! I got am email fro CSU LA two days ago saying that they got my app though and that interviews are in March. No indication that I got one though..

19 months ago

mango in San Luis Obispo, California said: Same situation. Heard from Irvine a while ago when interviews were and haven't heard since! I got am email fro CSU LA two days ago saying that they got my app though and that interviews are in March. No indication that I got one though..

So frustrating, but glad to hear I'm not the only one who is still waiting. It's making me really nervous though :( Yeah, I got an email last night from CSULA saying the same thing.

Do you know if UC Irvine and/or CSULA notify all applicants of their interview status or do they just notify applicants selected for interviews?

mango in San Luis Obispo, California

19 months ago

no i don't know. i'm assuming i didn't get an interview from irvine since i still haven't heard back from them and it's next...friday? but then again they did say that they received a lot of applications.

19 months ago

I know that the other programs send notifications to all applicants regardless of their interview status. I was hoping that UC Irvine and CSULA were the same. It's so annoying not knowing especially since, yes, the first day of interviews for Irvine is next Friday :( I'm trying not to lose hope though

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

CLSWannaB in Bayside, New York

19 months ago

Atleast you guys are all from CA. I would have to book a last minute flight out there if I land an interview. Have any of you thought about going to school in another state to complete a CLS training program? We have pretty good ones out here in NY that would satisfy CA requirements. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

19 months ago

CLSWannaB in Bayside, New York said: Atleast you guys are all from CA. I would have to book a last minute flight out there if I land an interview. Have any of you thought about going to school in another state to complete a CLS training program? We have pretty good ones out here in NY that would satisfy CA requirements. Good luck!

Wow, applyig all the way from New York! No, I haven't really considered programs in other states. I was hoping to stay in California.

Well let's hope that they are still going through applications and they we find out within the next few days...

Good luck to you as well!

CLS_2013 in Northridge, California

19 months ago

Hey everybody!
I have an interview with UCI this Friday and then on March 11th I have an interview with UC Davis. I already interview at Eisenhower Medical Center. These interviews are nerve-wracking, and really long! Will anybody else be going with the Friday afternoon UCI group? Or the March 11th morning group at UC Davis?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

19 months ago

CLS_2013 in Northridge, California said: Hey everybody!
I have an interview with UCI this Friday and then on March 11th I have an interview with UC Davis. I already interview at Eisenhower Medical Center. These interviews are nerve-wracking, and really long! Will anybody else be going with the Friday afternoon UCI group? Or the March 11th morning group at UC Davis?

Wow congrats on the UCI interview! I haven't heard from them since Feb 7th so I'm guessing I didn't get an interview :( Do you mind telling me when they notified you about your interview?

I also have an interview at UC Davis but its on the 13th.

Good luck to you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

19 months ago

CLS Fall 2013 in Lincoln, California said: Wow congrats on the UCI interview! I haven't heard from them since Feb 7th so I'm guessing I didn't get an interview :( Do you mind telling me when they notified you about your interview?

I also have an interview at UC Davis but its on the 13th.

Good luck to you!

UCI emailed me last Monday I believe to invite me for an interview. I just got the final email last night with the official date and time. They really cut it close! I'll try to post about my Davis experience :)

19 months ago

CLS_2013 in Northridge, California said: UCI emailed me last Monday I believe to invite me for an interview. I just got the final email last night with the official date and time. They really cut it close! I'll try to post about my Davis experience :)

That would be great! Good luck with both :)

mango in Concord, California

19 months ago

When did they notify you about Eisenhower?

19 months ago

mango in Concord, California said: When did they notify you about Eisenhower?

Eisenhower called me on the 13th and my interview was on the 20th. I think this Thursday is the last day of interviews for them.

19 months ago

CLS_2013 in Northridge, California said: UCI emailed me last Monday I believe to invite me for an interview. I just got the final email last night with the official date and time. They really cut it close! I'll try to post about my Davis experience :)

It's SO crazy how competitive it is to get into a CLS program in CA. For the CLS training program I interviewed for here in NY they only had 10 applicants! They accept ~ 12 a year so that means if you meet the requirements and got the $ for tuition you're pretty much guaranteed a spot. Congrats and good luck to those interviewing :) for those who weren't so lucky this year, stay positive and re-apply again. Or come over here to NY!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

CLS2012 in Rochester, New York

19 months ago

What program is that? The one I applied to last year in NYS had over 60 people for only 24 spots. It's pretty competitive.

19 months ago

St. John's 1 year training program.

19 months ago

CLS2012 in Rochester, New York said: What program is that? The one I applied to last year in NYS had over 60 people for only 24 spots. It's pretty competitive.

Did you apply to Wadsworth Center?

CLS2012 in Rochester, New York

19 months ago

Rochester General

19 months ago

CLSWannaB in Bayside, New York said: It's SO crazy how competitive it is to get into a CLS program in CA. For the CLS training program I interviewed for here in NY they only had 10 applicants! They accept ~ 12 a year so that means if you meet the requirements and got the $ for tuition you're pretty much guaranteed a spot. Congrats and good luck to those interviewing :) for those who weren't so lucky this year, stay positive and re-apply again. Or come over here to NY!

Hmm well let me rephrase what I wrote. They usually accept ~ 12 but this years class should be ~ 9 or 10 from what I was told, so I guess that doesn't mean a total of 10 people really applied but I'm sure it's not a crazy # like 60.

19 months ago

CLS Fall 2013 and mango,

Do you mind posting when you get a reply from CSULA? I want to know right away if I did or didn't get an interview so I can stop taking this last in-process pre-req. Thanks.

19 months ago

CLS potential in San Diego, California said: CLS Fall 2013 and mango,

Do you mind posting when you get a reply from CSULA? I want to know right away if I did or didn't get an interview so I can stop taking this last in-process pre-req. Thanks.

Definitely. Also, the Ed coordinator said that all applicants are notified of their interview status so even if you don't get an interview you will still be notified.

Kelly in San Francisco, California

19 months ago

Maya in Fremont, California said: Anyone who got interview call from UC davis for March 2013? I got today kinda confused choosing interview dates between 6th and 19th Nov ! If anyone got same please let me know at my email mvishwakarma@gmail.com. Or if any who can help in interview questions Please please send me email. Good Luck Everyone! Thanks !

Hi Maya and all,

I've got invitation for interview at UC Davis on 3/13/13. Could you or anyone who had been through their interview process can advise how to prepare for it such as how many interviewers and what is the agenda for the interview ? Thank you !

19 months ago

CLS_applicant in Davis, California said: Hi! I applied for Fall 2013 at UC Davis back in January, but I still have not gotten any replies from them yet. Does that mean I did not get invited for an interview? :( I'm so nervous... If anyone else applied for the Fall 2013 cycle, did you get any response from the UC Davis CLS Program? Thank you!

Hi!
I'm a CLS applicant from San Jose. I applied for fall 2013 at UC Davis and received email invitation for interview about 2 weeks ago. If you are invited , what date did you choose? I'm scheduled for 3/13/13.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

19 months ago

CLSWannaB in Bayside, New York said: Atleast you guys are all from CA. I would have to book a last minute flight out there if I land an interview. Have any of you thought about going to school in another state to complete a CLS training program? We have pretty good ones out here in NY that would satisfy CA requirements. Good luck!

Hi CLSwannaB in NY,

I thought of applying to out of state school. Could you please give me the name of the schools that satisfy CA requirement. May I ask why did you apply to CA school ? Thank you !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

19 months ago

CLSWannaB in Bayside, New York said: It's SO crazy how competitive it is to get into a CLS program in CA. For the CLS training program I interviewed for here in NY they only had 10 applicants! They accept ~ 12 a year so that means if you meet the requirements and got the $ for tuition you're pretty much guaranteed a spot. Congrats and good luck to those interviewing :) for those who weren't so lucky this year, stay positive and re-apply again. Or come over here to NY!

Hi CLSwannaB from NY,

Could I have your contact info so I can seek for your advise on the CLS program in NY? Thank you for your time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

oiboyz in Los Angeles, California

19 months ago

To CLS potential in San Diego-- I thought I had missed out on Cal State LA, but they just sent me an email a couple of hours ago letting me know that interviews are going to be held on Thursday, March 14, and Friday, March 15, 2013 (for the September 2013 class). Good luck to everybody!

19 months ago

I'm actually applying for CGMBS program. Recent email stated that notice of interview status will be sent out to us in the 1st week of April.

19 months ago

oiboyz in Los Angeles, California said: My email came from Michael Coover. I heard second hand that there were 200 applicants for the CSULA/Cal Poly Pomona program this year. I don't know if that's accurate, but if so it will surely take a long time to send all the emails. It's nice that they notify everybody of their status. Good luck!

Great. Thanks! I'm hoping I get notification within the next day or so cause I live 7 hours away and will have to drive rather than fly down there so it would be nice to know.

Good luck to you as well!

19 months ago

Wow, that's crazy. Interviews in 8 days and they haven't notified the candidates yet? How will you find time to visit the sites to rank which ones you would prefer to attend?

oiboyz in Los Angeles, California said: To CLS potential in San Diego-- I thought I had missed out on Cal State LA, but they just sent me an email a couple of hours ago letting me know that interviews are going to be held on Thursday, March 14, and Friday, March 15, 2013 (for the September 2013 class). Good luck to everybody!

19 months ago

CLS potential in San Diego, California said: Wow, that's crazy. Interviews in 8 days and they haven't notified the candidates yet? How will you find time to visit the sites to rank which ones you would prefer to attend?

I know! I live 7 hours away so would really like to no whether or not I have an interview :/
the education coordinator said all applicants are notified regardless if they get an interview or not but I have yet to get an email so im starting to worry.

JJ in San Diego, California

19 months ago

CLS_2013 in Northridge, California said: Hey everybody!

Hi CLS_2013,

Your stats must be excellent since you have received so many interviews invitations. I did not get any interview this time and will reapply again for next year. I hope it is because I did not complete my pre-reqs yet.
Do you mind sharing your interview experiences so far at Eisenhower and UCI?
You can email me at my protected email here www.emailcover.com/euv.png Thanks a lot!

19 months ago

Kelly in San Francisco, California said: Hi!
I'm a CLS applicant from San Jose. I applied for fall 2013 at UC Davis and received email invitation for interview about 2 weeks ago. If you are invited , what date did you choose? I'm scheduled for 3/13/13.

I'm this Monday! I'm pretty excited about it. Good luck!

CLS 2013 in San Jose, California

19 months ago

HI CLS Northridge CA,

Could you please share your interview experience at UC Davis after your Monday interview? I am so nervous and just want to know the process if you dont mind. Thank you and Good Luck to you.
How was your interview at Eisenhower and UCI? Hope you did great and got the spot at one of the schools you applied.

Kelly

19 months ago

For anyone going to the UC Davis interviews on Monday, would you be willing to share what you can from your experience? My interview is on Wednesday and I am super nervous!

mango in Grover Beach, California

19 months ago

For those who were offered an interview to any CLS Program, would you mind sharing your stats? Just trying to get an idea of what I should be shooting for the next time I re-apply. Currently, I'm taking the Hematology pre-req and don't have a grade for it and will be taking Immunology next quarter. Maybe a reason why I haven't gotten invited is because these classes are still in progress..

Faustina in California

19 months ago

Hi mango! Last year I applied to two internships while my last two pre-reqs were still in progress. Neither gave me an interview. This year when my pre-reqs were done, I applied to five programs and got three interviews.

I have a 3.2 science GPA, but got all A's in my pre-reqs, and I have lots of lab experience.

One program director told me the chief ways people improve their applications are by getting more lab experience, and taking more classes. One girl I know repeated one of her pre-reqs to get a better grade. Getting licensed in phlebotomy is another suggestion I've heard.

I'm convinced that there are a lot of intelligent and qualified people who aren't even getting interviews, due to the huge numbers applying. I definitely don't assume I'll get an offer, but here's hoping.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

18 months ago

mango in Grover Beach, California said: For those who were offered an interview to any CLS Program, would you mind sharing your stats? Just trying to get an idea of what I should be shooting for the next time I re-apply. Currently, I'm taking the Hematology pre-req and don't have a grade for it and will be taking Immunology next quarter. Maybe a reason why I haven't gotten invited is because these classes are still in progress..

Hi Mango,

I graduated from Sac State in May 2011 with my BS in Molecular Biology. My GPA was 3.85. I'm currently in my last semester of my graduate program, also at Sac State. I graduate this coming May, and will have a MA in Stem Cell Research. I currently have a 3.87 GPA. I am also working in a research lab, where I have been since last May (so I have less than one year lab experience). Prior to applying for the programs, I had completed all of my prereqs except for hematology and medical micro. I finished hematology last semester, and am currently enrolled in medical micro.

I applied to 4 programs, but only got interviews from 2. I'm not sure if not having medical micro finished yet prevented me from getting interviews at UC Irvine and CSULA or if the competition this cycle was just out of control.

I'm really disappointed about not getting an interview at UC Irvine or CSULA, but am keeping my fingers crossed for the two programs I interviewed for.

Good luck to you next cycle!

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.