New CMT looking for at-home work!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Sweathers in Carrollton, Texas

51 months ago

I recently became a CMT. I have an 8-month old son and another child due in October. I want to stay at home with my kids but earn money while doing it. Does anyone have any advice on where to start looking for an entry-level MT job? Thanks!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

its_rosie in Arcadia, California

37 months ago

Sweathers in Carrollton, Texas said: I recently became a CMT. I have an 8-month old son and another child due in October. I want to stay at home with my kids but earn money while doing it. Does anyone have any advice on where to start looking for an entry-level MT job? Thanks!!

Although I can't offer any advice, I wanted to extend my congratulations to you on passing your CMT exam! I can't even pass the RMT exam and here you have small children. I'm ashamed of myself for not having accomplished anything in this field. You are really smart and dedicated! Good luck!!

its_rosie in Arcadia, California

37 months ago

Although I can't offer any advice, I wanted to extend my congratulations to you on passing your CMT exam! I can't even pass the RMT exam and here you have small children. I'm ashamed of myself for not having accomplished anything in this field. You are really smart and dedicated! Good luck!!

Glenn in Ellicott City, Maryland

37 months ago

Rosie, I can guarantee you the OP did not pass the AHDI CMT exam and is not, in fact, a CMT. She was probably sold a bill of goods by a matchbook-cover transcripton "school" that led her to believe that the certificate she received for comleting their course made her a CMT. If she is claiming on her resume to have a CMT credential, every company she applies to drops that application in the trash as soon as they check the CMT registry and discover that she does not have the credential she claims to have.

Don't feel bad. She's not what she claims to be. If she really were a CMT, she would know how to find a job, and the job she would be looking for would not be an entry-leve job.

C in Lees Summit, Missouri

36 months ago

Why would you be looking for an entry-level position if you have your credentials? Are you sure you aren't getting it mixed up with a certification of completion rather than certified? Being a CMT means you have had your 2+ years of experience in acute care to even be considered qualified to take the test.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.