question about transcription

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

starringer22 in Chicago, Illinois

36 months ago

Hey,
I have a question to whomever can answer it. I have heard that medical transcriptionists are being fired because everything is going digital and that I am not going to be able to get a job once I finish my training. Is this true, should I switch to medical billing and coding? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

valentine in Park City, Utah

36 months ago

starringer22 in Chicago, Illinois said: Hey,
I have a question to whomever can answer it. I have heard that medical transcriptionists are being fired because everything is going digital and that I am not going to be able to get a job once I finish my training. Is this true, should I switch to medical billing and coding? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It is true that there are fewing MT jobs due to EMR, voice recognition software and off shore outsourcing. There is still a need for MTs, just not as many.

Whether you switch to billing and coding is up to you, I will just say that that field is over saturated and new grads also struggle to find jobs. But if you are willing to start out at the bottom and work your way up, coding is a great field where you can be quite successful.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

carolwender@yahoo.com in Rochester, New York

36 months ago

starringer22 in Chicago, Illinois said: Hey,

My job research after receiving certs in medical secretarial and legal, is this: If you want to make more $$'s, go to Medical Billing and Coding since it is the link to prestige in the organization: Do you want this much clout?

jrae in Eagle River, Wisconsin

32 months ago

I just lost my job after 19 years typing at home for a hospital in my area due to them switching to an out-source company. There are jobs out there but the flexibility will not be the same and, from what it looks like, the pay will not be the same. Also, job security is a huge factor since there is now the voice recognition systems that docs can use and also the out-source companies. I have not yet resorted to an out-source company as the reviews for working for these companies does not appear to be very favorable.

Medical billing outsourcing in Los Angeles, California

32 months ago

<a href="www.medical-billing.com/">Medical transcription</a> is a fabulous career! In fact, it is one of the few truly home-based professional jobs available. But for those people who are willing to make the modest investment in a good medical transcription school, the rewards are amazing and long lasting..

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.