Medical Transcriptionist needed in cincinnati Ohio area

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 99)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Sharlene Joe

77 months ago

I am a recent graduate of penn foster in medical transcriptionist and I am having trouble finding a job. Because they require experience. And I don't have any.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (43) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Crystal Gillett in Prentice, Wisconsin

75 months ago

I would be really interested in this position if it is an at-home position. I live in Wisconsin.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Carmen Story in Florence, Kentucky

74 months ago

I am a grad of National College in cincinnati, Oh. in Medical Transcription and working as a scheduler for experience. I graduated 1 yr ago and have had no luck in finding a transcription position in or out of home.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Laura Schneider in Cincinnati, Ohio

74 months ago

I just graduated from a Medical Transcription program at Raymond Walters College here in Cincinnati, and cannot find a job anywhere. I am looking for a job working at of my home, with at least 20 hours. Would like 40 hours, but will take something with 20 hours.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Carmen Story in Florence, Kentucky

74 months ago

This week I sent my updated resume to the career counselor at national college. I hope to have some luck there. Can resume's be sent to other career centers at other colleges?

ColleenCollect in Somerville, Massachusetts

74 months ago

go to www.mtjobs.com they have many jobs listed. rather than focusing on the fact u have no experience, take the test. you might do better than u think.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Michelle Springer in Circleville, Ohio

73 months ago

I have just completed a Medical Transcrption course through At Home Professions and I am looking for transcription work that I can do in the evenings at home. Any ideas? I have worked in the Workers Compensation field since 1992 and in the last 4 years, I have worked for an Independent Medical Examiantion company, reviewing reports on Workers Compensation claims on a daily basis, that included diagnostic tests, op reports, consultation reports, office notes, etc. I am very anxious to get started and hope to find something very soon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kelli Boyle in Olmsted Falls, Ohio

73 months ago

I have just finished my medical transcription course with Penn Foster, and having a very hard time finding a job. I have 6 years medical experience in hospital and cardiology office, but I didnt do transcription for either. My husband is a firefighter and was recently injured,so I need a job from home because I have two small children under the age of two. Does anybody know of any positions where I can start right away.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Christy in Charleston, South Carolina

73 months ago

Sharlene Joe said: I am a recent graduate of penn foster in medical transcriptionist and I am having trouble finding a job. Because they require experience. And I don't have any.

I am also attending Penn Foster and was wondering if you are having any luck with a job and if the school is really worth finishing?

Kelli Boyle in Olmsted Falls, Ohio

73 months ago

Christy in Charleston, South Carolina said: I am also attending Penn Foster and was wondering if you are having any luck with a job and if the school is really worth finishing?

I would strongly advise you to finish the program at Penn Foster. If you dont have any experience, at least you will have a certificate.

Tracy Atkinson in Ft Mitchell, Kentucky

72 months ago

Carmen Story in Florence, Kentucky said: I am a grad of National College in cincinnati, Oh. in Medical Transcription and working as a scheduler for experience. I graduated 1 yr ago and have had no luck in finding a transcription position in or out of home.

Don't feel bad. I gave up on transcribing years ago when the transcription services started taking over and paying you by line. I could not find any accounts on my own, so I jumped ship and years later am going back to school for billing and coding. Good luck on finding a transcribing job because I gave up years and years ago which is a shame because I am very good at it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Laura in Cincinnati, Ohio

72 months ago

Tracy Atkinson in Ft Mitchell, Kentucky said: Don't feel bad. I gave up on transcribing years ago when the transcription services started taking over and paying you by line. I could not find any accounts on my own, so I jumped ship and years later am going back to school for billing and coding. Good luck on finding a transcribing job because I gave up years and years ago which is a shame because I am very good at it.

I graduated from a year long medical transcription program at Raymond Walters College in Cincinnati, and cannot find a job. I have given up on the fact that I probably won't find a job in transcription.

72 months ago

Laura in Cincinnati, Ohio said: I graduated from a year long medical transcription program at Raymond Walters College in Cincinnati, and cannot find a job. I have given up on the fact that I probably won't find a job in transcription.

I know what you mean! I did it in high school in 1988 and went to school to get a certificate in a medical secretary program in 1988 and 1989. Even in high school, I was awesome at medical transcription. The terms just came to me, but transcription services infiltrated and swiped up all the jobs in my area. I used to work at the hospitals in my area, but people would always get into the digital system and steal all of the good reports in the system and leave the crap in there for the night shifts, so I got sick of it and quit the hospital after 1 1/2 years of that. You had to meet a quota. The pay by line stuff is bad when you have difficult dictators and so-on. But there are no medical transcription jobs and there haven't been in my area since about 1993 or so. I recommend that you go for billing and coding or if you can do it, try medical assisting. I do not have the stomach for any of that as I hate blood and needles, etc., so that rules out anything patient-related for me. But I share the frustration with you about medical transcription.

Indeed Admin in Stamford, Connecticut

72 months ago

Hello Everyone, Thanks for joining the Indeed forums. I just wanted to remind everyone that if you're searching for the perfect medical transcription position, you'll have the most success using our search engine. We also ask that you not use the forums to post contact information or unsolicited commercial communications. Thanks for your help and please let me know if you have any questions! Indeed Admin

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Teresangela in Cleveland, Ohio

71 months ago

Crystal Gillett in Prentice, Wisconsin said: I would be really interested in this position if it is an at-home position. I live in Wisconsin.

Hi -- I work from home and have done so for 8 years since twins were born. I have been an MT- for 17 years. The company I work for is excellent, ranked #1 in client satisfaction ! Transcend Services Incorporated. We are currently hiring. Use me as a referral and you are sure to get a response. MLS-Teresangela ElOualladi. I have been with the company for 4 years now and cannot say enough about it. Full benefits for full-time employees. Check us out and do not forget to mention me as a referral when submitting resume to our recruiting office. tara.goehring@trcr.com

check it out on google -- transcend services incorporated

71 months ago

Would they hire me? I have been out of this since 1996. Most of them don't want to hire you if you haven't done it for some time, but I am a wizard at medical terminology and spelling medicines, etc. I am in college again for billing and coding and making a 4.0 GPA at 37 years of age. Do you think they will hire me?

71 months ago

How much do they pay per line? Do you make a good living? that is why I gave up. I hate being paid by line and like and hourly rate because if I have foreign dictators or a bunch of ops, then it is going to slow me down.

jewelldiamondewjw in Seaman, Ohio

70 months ago

I am a medical transcriptionist. I have nine years experience and am looking for a job where I can work from home. Pay is negotiable. My e-mail is jewelldiamondewjw@yahoo.com.

Ann Fennell in Hendersonville, North Carolina

69 months ago

At this site, I entered Medical Transcription, at home, full time and part time, any specialty, and 0 and 20+ years experience, and...nothing!

JeffGrayson in Haleyville, Alabama

69 months ago

I recently graduated from MT school at Penn Foster with a 99% final grade. I was in the top 1% of past graduates according to my instructors. I also have a Bachelor's and a Master's degree in Education. I taught English/Writing for 10 years and have an excellent command of the English language.

JeffGrayson in Haleyville, Alabama

69 months ago

Teresangela in Cleveland, Ohio said: Hi -- I work from home and have done so for 8 years since twins were born. I have been an MT- for 17 years. The company I work for is excellent, ranked #1 in client satisfaction ! Transcend Services Incorporated. We are currently hiring. Use me as a referral and you are sure to get a response. MLS-Teresangela ElOualladi. I have been with the company for 4 years now and cannot say enough about it. Full benefits for full-time employees. Check us out and do not forget to mention me as a referral when submitting resume to our recruiting office. tara.goehring@trcr.com

I spoke to the recruiter and she told me that she was only hiring "in-house" MTs. No work from home will be given.

69 months ago

I never called them. Typing at home is a pain in the butt and I was burned out on transcription years ago. But thanks for posting that on here, though. I have been there, done that with transcription and just got sick of it altogether.

Take care and good luck to you all!!

69 months ago

Be careful on what you take in these schools! You might be wasting your money on what you are taking and not find a job. Forget medical transcription altogether. Be careful about medical billing and coding courses also! It is hard to find a billing and coding job also! You have to have a lot of experience before they will hire you, so go for nursing, medical assistant or something like that. Too bad I can't do nursing or medical assistant, but I get sick at the sight of blood and/or needles! Good luck to all of you. We are in the same boat together with the transcription thing.

rkt2006@gmail.com in Mississauga, Ontario

66 months ago

Hi,

We are outsourcing companies in CT and we have available infrastrucute and space with experienced team. If you feel to outsource your work with lower than the market price we are pleased to work with you.

Thanks in advance and hope we can work together in future.

Company details and other information available for further discussion.

regards
Raj

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

emu in Carrollton, Texas

65 months ago

Sharlene Joe said: I am a recent graduate of penn foster in medical transcriptionist and I am having trouble finding a job. Because they require experience. And I don't have any.

Do you still have the class work?I am needing to finish my studys but need help?I will pay for the assignments and projects...

Carmen Story in Burlington, Kentucky

65 months ago

I am really sad to say that I have given up and have gone back to my previous career. I would still love to do medical transcription on the side for part-time work, but the only experience I have with my 2 yr certificate in Medical Transcription is working as a medical receptionist in a gynecolory office for 1 yr. That experience has not helped much. Anybody have suggestions?

Maria in Delaware, Ohio

65 months ago

Tracy Atkinson in Ft Mitchell, Kentucky said: Don't feel bad. I gave up on transcribing years ago when the transcription services started taking over and paying you by line. I could not find any accounts on my own, so I jumped ship and years later am going back to school for billing and coding. Good luck on finding a transcribing job because I gave up years and years ago which is a shame because I am very good at it.

I agree, I have been trying to get into something other than transcription for a very long time now. It is really a dead-end job, although they want you to have all this knowledge. I am finishing a bachelor's degree is a completely different area and am considering "jumping ship" as well, if I get lucky on this interview for an intern and make it all the way.

Maria in Roanoke, Illinois

65 months ago

JeffGrayson in Haleyville, Alabama said: I recently graduated from MT school at Penn Foster with a 99% final grade. I was in the top 1% of past graduates according to my instructors. I also have a Bachelor's and a Master's degree in Education. I taught English/Writing for 10 years and have an excellent command of the English language.

GET A RESPONSIBLE JOB IN EDUCATION! MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTION IS NOT WHAT YOU THINK! YOUR ENGLISH DEGREE WILL BE __HIT TO THEM!. I have a bachelor's degree . . . big deal . . . English aces. . . big deal. They will act like "your brain is broke." The field is totally an intimidation tactic. Don't go into it -- please -- once you learn what is really going on it will be too late and you won't be able to get out because no one will hire you in another type of job after that.

Linda in Westfield Center, Ohio

65 months ago

Guess what? Me too. Had no idea it would be this hard to find work. Every job is 1-5 years experience, and it is so dissapointing no to be able to find work. Good luck, if ya find any thing let me know please. Linda_oros@yahoo.com
Thanks

K. Gibson in Grove City, Ohio

65 months ago

I went to a siminar last night (Work At Home Professions) and was really considering taking the course. They said that there is a great demand for Med. Transcribing, but after reading all of these comments, I am not sure now. I orginally was going to take a course at a Tech School in Med. Assisting. Now I don't know what to do. If anyone out there has completed the course with this company, please let me know how it went for you. I don't want to spend the money and not be able to find a job.

Ann in Houston, Texas

64 months ago

K. Gibson in Grove City, Ohio said: I went to a siminar last night (Work At Home Professions) and was really considering taking the course. They said that there is a great demand for Med. Transcribing, but after reading all of these comments, I am not sure now. I orginally was going to take a course at a Tech School in Med. Assisting. Now I don't know what to do. If anyone out there has completed the course with this company, please let me know how it went for you. I don't want to spend the money and not be able to find a job.

I have been in this field since I graduated from VLC online in 2003. There is no money to be made in this field. I work full-time for a company based in NY. I'm in the South. At full-time status and 8.5 cpl, I was only making 2000/mo. When I say full-time, this is an understatement as I was putting in 15-hour days because the dictators are so challenging. I type ER and 50 plus dictators. Now that we have switches to ASR- speech recognition, I am only taking home 1000/mo but now working just over 40 hours a week. The idea of this is to be able to work double typing edit ASR reports, but we all know that this is not the case. This is absolutely insane that we MT's are expected to take less than half for ASR reports. MT service companies ought to be EMBARRASSED for what they're paying us MT's with the knowledge we are expected to have in order to be able to even do this job. I kid you not, a full-time employee working for McDonald's is making more than I do.

Now I did get hired on the spot for 18/hr working at a one-doctor office once but I got into this field in order to do this from home. I suppose if you're looking for a job outside the home, you might find you can make more money. However, anyone wanting to do this from home do NOT make the mistake of getting into this career where there is NO MONEY to be made. All this jive about all the money there is to be made in this field is a bunch of bologna.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jan Ruzowski in Amarillo, Texas

64 months ago

Your post makes me real sad. I am in the middle of taking the medical transcription course and have been so excited about it. I am wanting to supplement my income so I would only be doing it part-time. After reading your post, I am very sad and discouraged. Does everyone else feel the same???

Ann in Houston, Texas

64 months ago

Good luck with supplementing that income. You're gonna need it. As you can see from posts above, MT's have already bailed this field because it is a complete waste of time and you say *my* post makes you sad..??? Well I ball my eyes out every day kicking myself for wasting my hard-earned money and taking an MT course just to get into this field. I know others suggest coding/billing, but nope, I don't trust that either. I've started my own business (I had no choice as I need to make some money to survive as a single mother) and it has nothing to do with MT or the medical industry.

Good luck to you.

Disappointed Terry in La Mesa, California

64 months ago

Jan Ruzowski in Amarillo, Texas said: Your post makes me real sad. I am in the middle of taking the medical transcription course and have been so excited about it. I am wanting to supplement my income so I would only be doing it part-time. After reading your post, I am very sad and discouraged. Does everyone else feel the same???

I finished my transcription course in January and have not been able to find much work. I was a legal secretary for 20 some years, so have been able to find legal transcribing work telecommuting paying 1/2 cent a word. After working for hours, I earned $156 for a two week period. Not to mention, you're competing against other transcribers for the work that is available.

smokeysmom

64 months ago

I am retired with 32 years experience as an administrative assistant, I have been considering taking a course in medical transcription in hopes of working from home. It is a tough economy and the extra money would help alot as retirement income is never as much as you think it will be. I am very discouraged with the comments on this site. I have excellent word processing skills and actually have experience as a medical transcriptionist for a mental health facility several years ago. Does anyone have any advise for me?

Ann in Houston, Texas

64 months ago

"Does anyone have any advise for me?"

Yes. If you want to work from home, consider anything other than medical transcription. MT work is so mentally draining and the peanuts we are paid to produce almost 100% error-free reports is absolutely preposterous. You are retired. You want to enjoy the rest of your years. You don't want to be miserable for working such long hours and being ridiculously underpaid; not to mention, being tired all the time. Others suggest billing/coding. I know nothing about it and have no interest in learning about it either. It may be worth checking into, however. I just can't risk that gamble. All I can offer advice on is what I have experienced myself and MT is not worth your time. I have 6 years of teeny-tiny paychecks in MT to prove that and I am excellent at what I do.

Good luck to you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Maria in Ashland, Ohio

64 months ago

Laura Schneider in Cincinnati, Ohio said: I just graduated from a Medical Transcription program at Raymond Walters College here in Cincinnati, and cannot find a job anywhere. I am looking for a job working at of my home, with at least 20 hours. Would like 40 hours, but will take something with 20 hours.

If you really want to get into transcription and you are just out of school, you need to understand that employers (hospitals) will not hire you right out of school to work independently at home. Have you tried working for a transcription service that provides a mentor. You will probably have to sacrifice pay compensation working for a service and to gain experience, but if working at home independently is your goal, then you are just going to have to do that.

Maria in Ashland, Ohio

64 months ago

K. Gibson in Grove City, Ohio said: I went to a siminar last night (Work At Home Professions) and was really considering taking the course. They said that there is a great demand for Med. Transcribing, but after reading all of these comments, I am not sure now. I orginally was going to take a course at a Tech School in Med. Assisting. Now I don't know what to do. If anyone out there has completed the course with this company, please let me know how it went for you. I don't want to spend the money and not be able to find a job.

That company is a not on the up and up. They have no clue. I think that it is like one of those infomercials you see on TV, i.e. make money in real estate by buying my book! and ez trading, and all of that. Don't do it.

Leko in Seattle, Washington

64 months ago

Christy in Charleston, South Carolina said: I am also attending Penn Foster and was wondering if you are having any luck with a job and if the school is really worth finishing?

Hello, by the way i am Leko.... Just Graduated from appliance repair tech... I would like how is your job seeking.... i hope and pray for your seeking for job. I am continued another degree with Pennfoster college ... "PARALEGAL... SHOULD i or not.... Cause.. i am very nervous... with your story... Please reply...

Sincere, Leko

Good-Luck...

wendis in Redding, California

63 months ago

I just graduated from PennFoster and couldn't find work. They suggested I take the RMT exam. OMG! I don't know a third of that stuff. Any suggestions?
Someone also suggested that I contact my local AAMT chapter but they won't respond. Help!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Toni in Ft Mitchell, Kentucky

62 months ago

Teresangela in Cleveland, Ohio said: Hi -- I work from home and have done so for 8 years since twins were born. I have been an MT- for 17 years. The company I work for is excellent, ranked #1 in client satisfaction ! Transcend Services Incorporated. We are currently hiring. Use me as a referral and you are sure to get a response. MLS-Teresangela ElOualladi. I have been with the company for 4 years now and cannot say enough about it. Full benefits for full-time employees. Check us out and do not forget to mention me as a referral when submitting resume to our recruiting office. tara.goehring@trcr.com

Hello,
Are you still with Transcend? If so, is using you for a reference open for anyone? I wasn't sure how recent these posts were. I've been an MT for close to 20 years. I am in dire need of steady income, which is close to impossible in this field. I just cannot find a company that has the ability to provide a consistent amount of work.

Thank you!
Toni

KyMT in Ft Mitchell, Kentucky

62 months ago

Maria in Ashland, Ohio said: That company is a not on the up and up. They have no clue. I think that it is like one of those infomercials you see on TV, i.e. make money in real estate by buying my book! and ez trading, and all of that. Don't do it.

I agree. I would not recommend At Home Professions for MT training. From what I have learned over the last few years, the Andrews School of MT ranks as one of the most reputable with regard to training as well as job placement. I've never heard anything but positive comments about this training course.

I have been an MT for close to 20 years and would not recommend it to anyone. From my experience, between outsourcing and voice recognition, I am afraid medical transcription is a dying profession. Medical billing and coding, however, is not only growing, but is more lucrative than MT, and can also be performed at-home.

Carrolle in Brunswick, Ohio

61 months ago

My heart goes out to all of the new MTs out there. I have been doing Medical Transcription for 32 years now, started out on a selectric typewriter earning $4.10 per hour and I thought I was rich, to now editing voice recognized reports. I have earned a good living in this field through my career, but sadly have always needed to keep a full-time job PLUS a part-time job to obtain the things I have wanted in life. I had training in high school and then was taken on to train in a local hospital, and have been there ever since. I also work part-time from home with a transcription service for that little extra cash. I can't even imaging starting over in the field right now. My biggest fear is all the overseas work they are sending out right now from the US and paying literally pennies to people who have no command of the English language, let alone medical terms - I have seen some pretty scary stuff transcribed overseas.

Just a word to all the new MTs out there:
1. If you LOVE medical transcription, then stick with it - it will get easier with time - a LOT of time.
2. Unfortunately you may have to work a 60 hour week to make what you want to make.
3. During your "training period" with any company, take the assistance and advise of a senior transcriptionist with gratefulness or at least with an open mind. She is only trying to make you a better transcriptionist. Unfortunately, I cannot even tell you how many people I have trained that hated when I QA'd their reports - It was not my fault that you made a mistake, but that seems to be the attitude that is out there now adays - so I quit doing the training thing - was too frustrating dealing with the "attitudes". That may be one reason companies only hire people with experience - they dont want to deal with the attitudes of new graduates who may think they know everything. Well, guess what, after 32 years, there is not a day that passes that I dont find out "something new".

Best of luck!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kim in Ashtabula, Ohio

61 months ago

I went to a seminar for at home professions and they sold me on the course and I started in Feb of this year. I'm regretting it now. The courses are really hard, which I don't mind, but they are not realistic at all. I am now half way through the 4th course (there are 5) and started looking around the job circuit and am shocked to see that there isn't really any jobs for students right out of school. They told me that I wouldn't have any problems finding a job right after I got certified, that was what made me decide in the first place to take the courses. This is just my opinion, but I would not take the classes if I were you. I really wish that I wouldn't have and could have saved about $3000.

Tracy in Ft Mitchell, Kentucky

61 months ago

Don't bother fooling around with any medical transcription courses!!! Go for nursing or for radiology tech or something else. Even medical assisting is better. Medical transcription hasn't been in demand for ages. The outsourcing and medical transcription services killed it in my area in about 1993!!! I live in the Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati area and the jobs haven't been around in 15 years!! DO NOT BOTHER! And I do NOT agree with this voice recognition stuff! And sending the stuff overseas is bullcrap also! They want all the stuff typed and do not want to pay anything for your hard work. And the reports probably look like crap. You get what you pay for!! Go into another line of work!!! Trust me! I know what I am talking about.

laura in Cincinnati, Ohio

61 months ago

I agree. Do not waste your time or money on medical transcription classes. I took out about $10,000 in student loans and spent a year of my life taking classes for medical transcription and that was over a year ago and I never even had an interview for a medical transcription job. I wish someone told me that it would be a waste. I am now going to go back to school and get my masters in education. Teaching is something that is in demand and will be well worth the student loan money that I am going to take out and the year or two I am going to spend obtaining this degree.

Tracy in Ft Mitchell, Kentucky

61 months ago

I only made a good living off medical transcription from 1988 to 1994. Thank goodness when I went to school for this in 1988 to 1989, it only cost a little over $1,000 for the schooling and my grandmother paid cash for it. And you really have to watch these private colleges. I should have went to a university for a teaching degree as well! I am almost 39 years old now and I just do not feel like going for my master's at my age. I already have wasted almost two years of my time in these crappy small colleges trying to go for billing and coding and then switching my major to Healthcare administration. I hope and PRAY that the jobs are out there, and that I will make more than $10.00/hour. Medical transcription is crap. They want to pay you by line. Now these crappy voice recognition systems are doing the work. And it is a JOKE that they send this stuff overseas to be transcribed now from what I read on here! That is CRAZY. Cheap, cheap, cheap!! LOW STANDARDS!

61 months ago

I know. I agree. And like you said earlier, you get what you pay for. I am sure the work is not as good as what a qualified MT here would do. But whatever.
Yeah, I am 29 years old and a mother to two. I did the transcription thing hoping I would be able to stay at home and set my own hours, but it is not going to happen that way. So, I am going to go back and get my Masters in Education. I was hoping that by this age, I would be set in a career. Oh well. Live and learn I guess!!!
I got my MT certificate from Raymond Walters College. After I graduated and found NOTHING, I emailed the college and told them they might want to consider taking the MT program out. It is a dying profession and they shouldn't take students money on it anymore.

Michele in North Bend, Ohio

61 months ago

Agreed! After working for peanuts, I am ready to hang it up. Bummer I didn't just go for that Master's in the beginning...I have 3 kids and really wanted to work from home. It's too bad, but I have too much education and experience to work for $5/hour!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

Well, good luck to everyone. I hope you all find something that will make you happy and is something you can use your education for!

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.