Can't find Transcription Job.....Should I get out of this line of work?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

mbohar in Saint Paul, Minnesota

30 months ago

I am a medical transcriptionist by trade. I worked previously for a company for 7 years. I have not been able to find a job (not even temp) for 4 years. Should I get out of this profession? What are any tips I can do to find something? HELP!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

pooltablegranny@aol.com in Madison, Tennessee

25 months ago

mbohar in Saint Paul, Minnesota said: I am a medical transcriptionist by trade. I worked previously for a company for 7 years. I have not been able to find a job (not even temp) for 4 years. Should I get out of this profession? What are any tips I can do to find something? HELP!

You won't have to worry about "getting out" of this profession. It no longer exists. Best advice I can give is to further your education and get certified in something you would like to do. Get an Associate degree or the like. I've been a MT 20 years and now I have been expelled due to no fault of my own and I am having to do just what I have advised you...move on.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Roxie, West Palm Beach, FL in West Palm Beach, Florida

25 months ago

I too am a medical transcription with a wealth of knowledge. I worked for one Psy. D for 9 years and 3 other Psychologists as well as Podiatrists. I have not been able to secure a home job as of this date...I have asked around and would like to know what is the problem with out profession?
I will stick to my guns and try and get a position once again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.