Do Not Work For Company In Illinois Called JYT

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (19)

ColleenCollect in Boston, Massachusetts

77 months ago

i had a similar experience with a company in maine. i made no money and sat around all day waiting for work. when they hired me they said they had tons of work. when i complained, they put me on a different account; again i waited. i called them and quit.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sandra in Springfield, Oregon

77 months ago

Bravo to you for sharing your experiences. As a group we should share that kind of info to reduce the chance of being exploited. I imagine there are a lot of horror stories out there, unfortunately. Before working for that company were you employed by a regular medical facility and were you outsourced? It might be helpful to hear those stories too and what people have gone through in the process. If we collectively reported such companies to the Bureau of Labor maybe it would get their attention...but how effective I wonder in a country that is currently supporting and encouraging selling out jobs of hardworking individuals to other countries.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tim B in Phoenix, Arizona

77 months ago

In case you are interested in a job to create a residual income, if you are a very serious person, if you are willing to work in a sale/+training field, I will like to tell you about the company I work with. We are a Health Company seeking more people in all States. You will be your own boss you can work from home and set your own hours Very complex training is provided. Our training will help you very much to become successful. To contact me, reply to this comment and I will receive an email directly.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

ColleenCollect in Boston, Massachusetts

77 months ago

tim, go away. if u are serious, you will tell us what your selling.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Hunnee in New Mexico

68 months ago

Sandra in Springfield, Oregon said: Bravo to you for sharing your experiences. As a group we should share that kind of info to reduce the chance of being exploited. I imagine there are a lot of horror stories out there, unfortunately. Before working for that company were you employed by a regular medical facility and were you outsourced? It might be helpful to hear those stories too and what people have gone through in the process. If we collectively reported such companies to the Bureau of Labor maybe it would get their attention...but how effective I wonder in a country that is currently supporting and encouraging selling out jobs of hardworking individuals to other countries.

I've been sharing my horror stories of MT for a decade, and no one seems to care, especially other MTs. I don't know why they are to apathetic. We are getting paid a fraction of what national companies/local companies are paid per line for our work. I have highly specialized knowledge that not everyone has; not everyone can be an MT. If I were a carpenter or a plumber I wouldn't have to beg for a living wage. I would be paid what $18-$25 an hour, which is what we all deserve. Speed isn't everything when your accounts gets switched on you, or you are masked to the most difficult dictators or purpose, i.e., for asking a question. So many supervisors have looked me right in the eye and lied. It's amazing. Some of them were MTs until a promotion (I've noticed often they are uneducated but glad to not be transcribing anymore)and I even had one who had never transcribed in her life. I work in a department now where no one is offered the opportunity to do supervisory work, even though they need help, so when they advertise for a transcription supervisor, human resources tell the MTs, you don't have supervisory experience. Well, where exactly am I supposed to get that. This is a profession where women do not help other women, and MTs are disrespected for work they do.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Barbara in Mission Viejo, California

65 months ago

Can you please send information on your company to barbara@alliedschools.com ?

Thanks,

Barbara

Tim B in Phoenix, Arizona said: In case you are interested in a job to create a residual income, if you are a very serious person, if you are willing to work in a sale/+training field, I will like to tell you about the company I work with. We are a Health Company seeking more people in all States. You will be your own boss you can work from home and set your own hours Very complex training is provided. Our training will help you very much to become successful. To contact me, reply to this comment and I will receive an email directly.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Pamela M in Atlanta, Georgia

65 months ago

Sadly, I see I'm not the only one dealing with this. I worked for a local hospital before relocating to Georgia and thought I would have no problem finding work. Even the hospitals don't want to pay much and I have 18 years of experience. I'm currently working for 2 services because that was all I could find and that's not even enough. Luckily for me, if I decide to go back to home state (which will be an option soon if something better doesn't come along), I can reapply and get my old job back. It's sad how the services have turned this into such an uhappy/underpaid field to work in.

Shirley in Fond Du Lac, Wisconsin

65 months ago

Robin Phillipss said: I worked for JYT transcription based in Sycamore, Illinois. This company worked me day and night without compensation for shift work. They stated that they would pay me by the line and then computer their own line counts which were miniscule. The first six months plus of my employ with them, they would send me nearly no money whatsoever though they promised me a line rate. That rate was compiled with their own computer at a "joke of a rate". I am a formerly certified Med Transcriptionist with tons of experience (more than 20+ years) and they abused my talent. I helped them when they virtually had no employees to speak of and helped them set up accounts (as their consultant...doing templates for them) which they copied......they plagiarized my style of transcription. They then found picky oony reasons why to let me go after nearly 14 months of employ with them. They had difficulty finding and keeping accounts. They are a fly by night operation and again they are in violation of US Department of Labor statutes. I pity anyone working for them. If they wanted to fire a person, they would build a case against the person and then let them go, even the most faithful of employees. I have reported them to the US Department of Labor and of course to the Illinois State Board as they are in violation of almost every offense. They virtually targeted me personally for some reason. I cannot say why they did that per se but yes they did it. Please no one who wishes a truly bonified position in medical trnascription get on with this company. They lie to their employees. They set up ONLY CERTAIN EMPLOYEES WITH GOBS OF WORK AND THEY DISCRIMINATE AGAINST OTHER EMPLOYEES....they tell you that they have templates that are computer ready and then they make employees like me fill in word for word all of the headers and footers of their templates to slow me down from getting line count when in fact the employees that they wanted to stay with them, they supplied

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

65 months ago

I seem to find this happens with most transcription companies. They start out saying you will have normals and templates, but then I seem to get the work with no normals or templates. At first I do, but then after a week or so, it's all straight typing, every report a different specialty, different doctor, and mostly ESL (hard) doctors with no templates or normals!!! Even a brain surgeon couldn't figure out what they're saying, come on! I truly feel they are greedy people in this industry and looking for a slave to type their work at ridiculous rates. I am currently trying to find my own accounts so I don't have to deal with NUTTY people in this industry anymore. I have been transcribing now for 12 years and worked in a hospital for quite a few years before working as an independent contractor. You're better off finding your own accounts so you are your own boss!

65 months ago

Barbara in Mission Viejo, California said: Can you please send information on your company to barbara@alliedschools.com ?

Thanks,

Barbara

I would be interested in hearing more about this position. Thank you.

FAE MEADERDS in Chicago, Illinois

63 months ago

Regarding JYTTranscription: I worked for this company for a while and them part time. I had no problems with receiving my pay or with the line count. I am sorry to hear this from the above person, but the owner is a very reasonable person.

I worked for a company that is located in the Rockford area and believe me she was a major problem. I did have a problem with receiving my money from her and at one point I had signed for my checks to be directly deposited to my bank and had trouble with her doing this and had to get the help of my bank. This company was called Pharmacy Transcription. This is one company not to work for.

FAE MEADERDS in Chicago, Illinois

63 months ago

Regarding JYTTranscription: I worked for this company for awhile and then part time. I had no problems with receiving my pay or with the line count. I am sorry to hear this from the above person, but the owner is a very reasonable person.

I worked for a company that is located in the Rockford area and believe me she was a major problem. I did have a problem with receiving my money from her and at one point I had signed for my checks to be directly deposited to my bank and had trouble with her doing this and had to get the help of my bank. This company was called Prescription Pharmacy Transcription. This is one company not to work for.

restlessmt in Auburn, Maine

54 months ago

Hunnee in New Mexico said: I've been sharing my horror stories of MT for a decade, and no one seems to care, especially other MTs. I don't know why they are to apathetic. We are getting paid a fraction of what national companies/local companies are paid per line for our work. I have highly specialized knowledge that not everyone has; not everyone can be an MT. If I were a carpenter or a plumber I wouldn't have to beg for a living wage. I would be paid what $18-$25 an hour, which is what we all deserve. Speed isn't everything when your accounts gets switched on you, or you are masked to the most difficult dictators or purpose, i.e., for asking a question. So many supervisors have looked me right in the eye and lied. It's amazing. Some of them were MTs until a promotion (I've noticed often they are uneducated but glad to not be transcribing anymore)and I even had one who had never transcribed in her life. I work in a department now where no one is offered the opportunity to do supervisory work, even though they need help, so when they advertise for a transcription supervisor, human resources tell the MTs, you don't have supervisory experience. Well, where exactly am I supposed to get that. This is a profession where women do not help other women, and MTs are disrespected for work they do.

I appreciate so much that you touch on the subject of women's issues in this post. I have worked as a medical transcriptionist for well over a decade and I have experienced nothing but gradual demotion over the years. I believe this is a feminist/humanitarian issue as most MTs are female. I believe it is directly related to how women are treated around the globe. The impact of globalization and international trade has taken its toll on especially the female. I don't want to complain. I want to know what I can do to help women on a global scale in order to empower us all. Ideas anyone? Maybe we should start a newsletter or web site specifically addressing this.

jimmy bluntson in Chicago, Illinois

52 months ago

Tim B in Phoenix, Arizona said: In case you are interested in a job to create a residual income, if you are a very serious person, if you are willing to work in a sale/+training field, I will like to tell you about the company I work with. We are a Health Company seeking more people in all States. You will be your own boss you can work from home and set your own hours Very complex training is provided. Our training will help you very much to become successful. To contact me, reply to this comment and I will receive an email directly.

My name is Jimmy Bluntson, i live in Chicago Il

mtsoinca in Los Angeles, California

51 months ago

Shirley in Fond Du Lac, Wisconsin said: I seem to find this happens with most transcription companies. They start out saying you will have normals and templates, but then I seem to get the work with no normals or templates. At first I do, but then after a week or so, it's all straight typing, every report a different specialty, different doctor, and mostly ESL (hard) doctors with no templates or normals!!! Even a brain surgeon couldn't figure out what they're saying, come on! I truly feel they are greedy people in this industry and looking for a slave to type their work at ridiculous rates. I am currently trying to find my own accounts so I don't have to deal with NUTTY people in this industry anymore. I have been transcribing now for 12 years and worked in a hospital for quite a few years before working as an independent contractor. You're better off finding your own accounts so you are your own boss!

I have several accounts that are nothing but "normals", pretyped procedures of templates I spent a fortune creating. This was a huge setup. However, when I try hiring an MT for basically just putting the name, date, and date of birth, they cannot follow even 3 basic instructions whatsoever. I gave up trying to hire MTs for these. They are paid per report, pretty good pay, but then complain as though I am trying to rip them off by paying per report, which is what the client pays me. I have even paid them more than what I am getting to free myself up for other accounts.

Angela

49 months ago

Shirley in Fond Du Lac, Wisconsin said: I seem to find this happens with most transcription companies. They start out saying you will have normals and templates, but then I seem to get the work with no normals or templates. At first I do, but then after a week or so, it's all straight typing, every report a different specialty, different doctor, and mostly ESL (hard) doctors with no templates or normals!!! Even a brain surgeon couldn't figure out what they're saying, come on! I truly feel they are greedy people in this industry and looking for a slave to type their work at ridiculous rates. I am currently trying to find my own accounts so I don't have to deal with NUTTY people in this industry anymore. I have been transcribing now for 12 years and worked in a hospital for quite a few years before working as an independent contractor. You're better off finding your own accounts so you are your own boss!

I hear ya. I live in Campbellsport and I am having a difficult time making minimum wage, and I have 17 years in. I was averaging $17 to $18 an hour before my clinic job didn't need me anymore. I see them outsourcing their work to services to save themselves tons of money and we truly are "slaves" in the business. I could make more money at Wal-Mart. It is so discouraging. I am probably going to become homeless soon, if something doesn't happen. I am considering going back to school but am over 50. Right now I don't qualify for any benefits because I'm not doing enough work when EditScript says I'm doing around 16,000 lines in a pay period and they require 12,000, but say I am only doint 9200? I really, truly don't know how they can get away with that figure and they will NOT explain to me how they do it either. The questions I ask are never directly answered...like they don't understand what I am asking and then they get angry that I am emailing too much and that's why my line count sucks, but I compensate for that in my 8-hour shift.

Angela

49 months ago

I have been a medical transcriptionist for 17 years and I am not even making minimum wage?? I truly don't understand how they can say that I am averaging 88 lines per hour. That is insane. I was averaging well over 200 lph at the clinic and that was transcribing only. I was getting around $17+/hour and now this. What also upsets me is that the clinic that no longer needed us (they let 5 or 6 of us go) is now outsourcing work to services, to save $$ for benefits, etc. That is fine for them, but what about us? How do we make a living? I am nearly 56 years old and now thinking about another career. People with no college experience in anything are making way more than I am. Does anyone know of a service that is honest in their pay, how they pay, and up front with things? I never knew we weren't paid for spaces. I don't know how they figure out downtime lines, etc. Downtime is when you're not typing...isn't it? These services are all getting richer by the minute while we slave to make it that way and can't even make a living. EditScript says 15,773 lines and they tell me I did 9200. It's just the way they figure it, is what I'm told. I did better than 88 lph while I was in school learning. Again, is there anything one can do to make it in this field that I thought would be so "secure." I am truly becoming hopeless in this situation.

Deedy in Tinley Park, Illinois

34 months ago

jimmy bluntson in Chicago, Illinois said: My name is Jimmy Bluntson, i live in Chicago Il

Hi Jimmy,

I live in the south suburbs of Chicago. Would you tell me a bit more about the position that you are talking about in this blog and if there are still positions open?

Thanks,
Deedy Herman

sloopy1964 in Romeoville, Illinois

32 months ago

Well, at least I know I am not alone! I have been transcribing at home for 21 years. First they turn to the 65 character line (PAY CUT!) then this Christmas, voice recognition. No work for you unless you take a 2 cents a line pay cut from 9 cents to 7 cents, oh, but for voice recognition (WHICH IS A HORRIBLE MESS THAT NEEDS TO BE FIXED), we are going to pay you 4 cents a line. I am not making minimum wage any longer and have been threatened that I will be let go because I no longer make the 900 lines per pay period required for part time. Are you kidding? I would have to work 12 hours a day to do that! I would write to the board of Labor but I seriously think with the way the country is right now with jobs, that they would just laugh.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.