Are mortgage loan officer job opportunities growing or declining?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (38)

Host

Are jobs in this industry on the rise? Are there any sub-sectors that are growing?

Where are the jobs? Which places have the most mortgage loan officer opportunities?

Reply - Report abuse

RJ in Mount Laurel, New Jersey

89 months ago

While jobs seem to be on the rise in this industry, clients on the other hand are becoming more scarce.

The lack of clients has promoted a "hire and fire" mindset with most companies having incredibly high turnaround rates due to burning out new employees with long hours and promises of 6 figure incomes.

Your better off finding a more stable industry.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Ben in Chicago, Illinois

87 months ago

oops, sorry didn't know I didn't need to put the tags on the links here. That should be www.prospectzone.com/mortgage/ for warm leads.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Crystal in Kingston, Georgia

87 months ago

Good afternoon,

I am a new mortgage loan officer. My passion is to be the best loan officer. I have all the motivation in the world. However, I have't close my first loan. Can you help!

thanks,

Crystal J Luker

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Maria in San Jose, California

85 months ago

Crystal in Kingston, Georgia said: Good afternoon,

I am a new mortgage loan officer. My passion is to be the best loan officer. I have all the motivation in the world. However, I have't close my first loan. Can you help!

thanks,

Crystal J Luker

Motivation is great to have but in all sales, find the motive and always sell based on that truth.
Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Todd Manyvanh in Garden Grove, California

85 months ago

thanks,

Crystal J Luker

I think I can help you I sell Leads ranging from new to old, and also sell leads thats been prescreened by my call center, so they are already expecting your call go ahead and give me an e-mail crystal Todd@nationwidepro.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Todd Webster in Boca Raton, Florida

83 months ago

A company that advertises Warm leads is not enough. Advertising is not proof of anything. You need to check a lead provider out thoroughly. I work for Juicy Leads and I own Closed and Funded Consulting. Most companies advertise warm leads, but they are not and you have no way of proving otherwise. Research the company. I just returned from Leads2007 Conference in Tampa Florida (Prospectzone was not present by the way) and there were lead providers, lead management services and lead buyers calling for reform in the industry. Only deal with a tier 1 provider.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Steve Butcher in Dania, Florida

79 months ago

Hi folks, I'm going to start a new career as a mortgage loan officer right after the first of the year, I'm looking for the best ways to approach this business, any mentoring you experts can give me would be greatly appreciated, I've read the comments posted here and I think that you experienced loan officers that are taking the time to advise newbies is great, I hope I'll be in a position to help others down the road, any suggestions? email me at stephenbutc@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

dev Farmah in Cary, North Carolina

78 months ago

Hi i just got my licencse as a loan officer and iam looking for a part time job.But all the jobs i found are full time or required atleast 3-4 years expericence.Is some body know if there is possibility to get part time job for fresh man
Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Aaron Hoisington in Pontiac, Michigan

78 months ago

Call me....we're hiring.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

dev Farmah in Cary, North Carolina said: Hi i just got my licencse as a loan officer and iam looking for a part time job.But all the jobs i found are full time or required atleast 3-4 years expericence.Is some body know if there is possibility to get part time job for fresh man
Thanks

Can you plese send me the contact information
thanks

78 months ago

Aaron Hoisington in Pontiac, Michigan said: Call me....we're hiring.

this is dev Can you plese send me the contact information
thanks

Pamela DePristo in Boonsboro, Maryland

72 months ago

If you could please send me your email directly to pdepristo@amerisave.com I will be happy to send you all of the particulars as we would be honored to have you on board especially in the current market.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Stephanie Hansen in Metairie, Louisiana

72 months ago

I've already spoken to Aaron Hoisington. Is he not there any longer?

Joleen Peck in Dracut, Massachusetts

70 months ago

Im interested in getting into the mortgage industry as a loan officer could anyone tell me how? Are there classes to take or schooling to go through? I assume so but have not had any luck finding education for such a career.

Deborah Garvin in Langley, Washington

70 months ago

Aaron Hosington at Amerisave is great, but the company is a scam. I joined, recruited a few people and they recruited more. All told, over $2500 in leads purchased by all...and a total of ONE loan closed (unless they were not forthcoming with data).

I "purchased" over $500 of reserved leads, that I didn't use (i.e., they charged me, but I didn't order after all of them were duds). They "terminated" me for inactivity and kept the $500. I am seriously considering legal action.

Do yourself (and your industry connections) a favor and avoid this "pie in the sky" scam.

JoseJoseJr. in Houston, Texas

69 months ago

you do not want to work for this company. They tell you the commission split is high, but after all the bps and deductions it is not. If on Inside call center, you really make about 15% commission after all is said and done. If you are Outside Sales, you are about 40% commission after the deductions, but you have to buy your own leads. If you have a strong book of business with referrals already, they this maybe be good, but otherwise. RUN! RUN! RUN!

The people who recruit you make money off what you sell. not to mention, you cannot do business in most states since you need an individual license. The sell you on the technology, which is pretty good, but the support on the back end is terrible. They have fired most of the processors, so they ones who are still there are swamped with loans. (half of which will not close). Amerisave has laid off a lot of people which is understandable due to the market, but beware if you try to get a job here. A good loan advisor might make 40k/year in the call center. Not to mention all the hours and work you have to put in to make this. If you have a decent job that pays 40k or more, I would urge you to stay in it, or look for something else. Amerisave is not the answer.

Pete Smith in Atlanta, Georgia

69 months ago

I am looking to find any information on how people feel about the mortgage business in Denver. Are there any companies one would recommend pursuing? I am new to the business but due to family reasons will be relocating in the winter.

jake bedi in Chandigarh, United States minor outlying islands

66 months ago

thanks,

Crystal J Luker

please contact jakebedi@gmail.com - we are licensed bankers in the Jersey area and our carefully selected leads will give you edge and confidence to get processed leads. Work from home ...

66 months ago

Host said: Are jobs in this industry on the rise? Are there any sub-sectors that are growing?

Where are the jobs? Which places have the most mortgage loan officer opportunities?

please contact jakebedi@gmail.com - we are licensed bankers in the Jersey area and our carefully selected leads will give you edge and confidence to get processed leads. Work from home ...

66 months ago

dev Farmah in Cary, North Carolina said: Hi i just got my licencse as a loan officer and iam looking for a part time job.But all the jobs i found are full time or required atleast 3-4 years expericence.Is some body know if there is possibility to get part time job for fresh man
Thanks

This is an add posting for Mortgage Loan Officer required in areas around the Tri State of NY, NJ and PA.

We are a Licensed Bankers in the area of Nj and have a full eagle. We pay high Commission plus bonus on every lead confirmed into a processed loan.

The right candidate selected will be provided training on our specialized mortgage processing software.

Please send in your resumes at jakebedi@gmail.com .

All the best.

66 months ago

Pete Smith in Atlanta, Georgia said: I am looking to find any information on how people feel about the mortgage business in Denver. Are there any companies one would recommend pursuing? I am new to the business but due to family reasons will be relocating in the winter.

This is an add posting for Mortgage Loan Officer required in areas around the Tri State of NY, NJ and PA.

We are a Licensed Bankers in the area of Nj and have a full eagle. We pay high Commission plus bonus on every lead confirmed into a processed loan.

The right candidate selected will be provided training on our specialized mortgage processing software.

Please send in your resumes at jakebedi@gmail.com .

All the best.

Mobidick in Patterson, California

62 months ago

Right now is the time to get in before the next huge boom! Email for more information at getmoremoney@msn.com Over 200 lenders

FHA VA Reverse - all residential and commercial type mortgages licensed in 46 states -- soon to be 50

Your will create your own Retirement Income no matter how old you are. You will receive overrides from those that close loans on your team forever.

Debt Elimination that pays that pays you monthly for 16 months on each one - Help people to become debt free in as few as 18 months and then qualify them for a purchase or refinance

Home Warranties -- that pay you residually -- great selling point to recruit realtors to join you offer peace of mind to your customers

You are paid weekly -- direct deposit

We have a great Lead Dialer system that you can decide what kind of customers you want to pursue for those that want leads

Great back office everything you need to do your business each LO will have their own back office.

Fantastic support

Work up to 86% split. -- 90% for Brokers (recruiting not allowed on the broker program)

Build a team and receive overrides on every Loan Officer that you have on your team or just work your own business as a Loan Officer.

Hire realtors and insurance agentsCPAs they have great data bases and they need to make money right now -- you can show them how!

Hire average and ordinary folks to be under you and help you grow your business and bring in business as we give them an opportunity to be able to have a business and "fire their boss" one day because of the opportunity you gave them!!

Affordable health insurance will be available for all of our team members too!

msdiena in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

44 months ago

Does any one know of any companies in Louisiana that are hiring part time mortgage loan originators? I have a full time job so I donot want to give that up. I to have been affected by layoffs in the industry. I was a fulltime originator for over 5 years,and made tons of money, but to anyone that is looking to solely do this fulltime, I would advise you to always have a back up plan. Perhaps use this as a supplemental income. It's not stable.

Ella Pacey in Massachusetts

36 months ago

I believe loan officers can expect average employment growth.
Taken from a specialized loan officer site (loanofficerjob.info, you can refer if you want to know know more), they show their analytics that employment change. Employment of loan officers is projected to grow 10 percent between 2008 and 2018, which is about as fast as the average for all occupations. Employment growth will be driven by economic expansion and population increases—factors that generate demand for loans. Growth will be partially offset by increased automation that speeds the lending process and by the growing use of the Internet to apply for and obtain loans. However, these changes have also reduced the cost and complexity associated with refinancing loans, which could increase the number of loans originated.

Tulip143 in Jeromesville, Ohio

35 months ago

Is it realistic to even consider getting into mortage lending at this time. I was in banking as a teller and got out quite a few years ago. I also worked as an administrative assistant at a title company. need advice please.

Billie Mac in Shelby Township, Michigan

34 months ago

A career in mortgage lending is still one for consideration. Gone are the days of phone-jockey loan originators, now you have to create relationships within your market and give the best service you can so as to get the referral base built up for your future loan production. You can still make a decent living working as a loan originator, processor or underwriter, etc.

34 months ago

I am looking for loan originators. My company is licensed in 20+ states and are offering competitive compensation. In-house underwriting for FHA & Conventional loans. If you are interested, reply with your email and I will contact you. I don't think everyone should give up on the mortgage business just yet!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Brandon in Euless, Texas

33 months ago

I have had my real estate license in Texas since November of 2000.
I am due for my real estate license renewal, however I am wanting a change. I have been looking into becoming a loan officer and the training needed. I have a background (before real estate and sales) in accounting and feel I may be better suited for this business. It is difficult looking or talking with the eduction providers, all they care about is getting you signed up. Basically, after completing the education requirement and testing, can someone just getting into the mortgage side of things find a decent, entry level job?

33 months ago

Are you anywhere near Plano, Texas?

Brandon in Denton, Texas

33 months ago

Billie Mac in Shelby Township, Michigan said: Are you anywhere near Plano, Texas?

Yes...just a mile or two away.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jeff in Grand Prairie, Texas

11 months ago

Billie Mac in Shelby Township, Michigan said: I am looking for loan originators. My company is licensed in 20+ states and are offering competitive compensation . In-house underwriting for FHA & Conventional loans. If you are interested, reply with your email and I will contact you. I don't think everyone should give up on the mortgage business just yet!

I am a Realitor and I think it would be an added benefit to be a loan orginator too. Contact me at jsmallmo@grnco.net

Tyiese in Warren, Michigan

11 months ago

Aaron Hoisington in Pontiac, Michigan said: Call me....we're hiring .

Hi just coming into the business or atleast trying studying for license please call me with any advice and maybe company that would take an ambitious go getter who is new yet very hard worker and determined to succeed

11 months ago

Hi, I'm new just studying to take the test for LO license. Do you know of any companies that would be willing to sponsor / trainging with employment for an ambitious, hard working go getter who is new. Please call me with any suggestions. You can contact me tyst_1@yahoo.com

Thank you

11 months ago

Billie Mac in Shelby Township, Michigan said: I am looking for loan originators. My company is licensed in 20+ states and are offering competitive compensation . In-house underwriting for FHA & Conventional loans. If you are interested, reply with your email and I will contact you. I don't think everyone should give up on the mortgage business just yet!

Hi, I'm definitely am ambitious just purchased the LO training book to get license. Is your company willing to train an ambitious go getter ready to work and earn? I would love any suggestions you would have. I can be contacted tyst_1@yahoo.com Thank you so very much.

11 months ago

Aaron not sure how to contact you? I can be reached at tyst_1@yahoo.com
Please reach out regarding LO positions. Thank you

Jeff in Dallas, Texas

11 months ago

This is Jeff Smallmon and I am a Licensed Realtor in Paragould Arkansas. I am very interested in being a loan orginator here im my community. The real estate business is booming and there is a need for other financing options! email me at jsmallmo@grnco.net or jeffs@paragouldrealestate.com.

Jeff Mize in Columbia, Missouri

9 months ago

Any Nationwide Lenders seeking experienced LO with licenses in 24 states who provide a lead system to work to originate and close loans.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.