Underwriters, your resume went into the trash if......

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Oceans11 in Aliso Viejo, California

68 months ago

you have no degree or have ANY Alt-A or Subprime experience listed anywhere on your resume. Even if you have majority "A" paper experience your rez will end up in the $hit can!

Well, because you know, YOUR the reason why the housing bubble blew up....right??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

AC in Mission Viejo, California

67 months ago

oceans get a life

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

Got one! This is old & yes I was too negative.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Deepak in Oakland, California

67 months ago

Hi,
I was life underwriter for a 7 years but had a break in career in-between for 2 years. Now I want to become a mortgage underwriter. But don't know from where to start. I am based out of bayarea. Any help much appreciated.

Thanks
Deepak

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

Deepak in Oakland, California said: Hi,
I was life underwriter for a 7 years but had a break in career in-between for 2 years. Now I want to become a mortgage underwriter. But don't know from where to start. I am based out of bayarea. Any help much appreciated.

Thanks
Deepak

Hello Deepak, what makes you want to leave the Life Undewriting Biz? It was a lot easier to transfer like skill into mortgage about 2-4 years ago but now a days lender can't afford to train & need u/w's with their DE Certification because most lenders needed to shift their focus to FHA loans to survive. So those of us who are trying to enter back into mortgage or who never left but can't get hired due to the over saturation of qualified applicants it's becoming increasingly difficult just go get an interview.

And now some ads are even putting stipulations like, "If you haven't underwritten mortgage loans in the past 6 months, you won't be considered" which puts more nails in the coffin so to speak. I understand why they need this but like I said it's just making it more difficult.

Good luck to you.

PS just keep sending in those resumes & hopefully when things pick up you'll be considered.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Deepak in Oakland, California

67 months ago

Thanks for you honest and practical comments... I have been looking for Life Underwriting positions from last one year but not able to find any.. so was planning to go to mortgage but from your reply it seems like it won't be easy to go into mortgage underwriting aswell so I think I should keep looking for Life Underwriting positions only.

Thanks once again.. appreciate your reply and thanks for the luck.. much needed in current scenario.

Best of luck to you too
Deepak

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

asdfsdfasdf in Foster City, California

16 months ago

sdfasdf

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.