DE Underwriting

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 54)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Vicki in Cleveland, Ohio

75 months ago

Lon in Tampa, Florida said: There are online courses in FHA/DE underwriting. Are they worth the investment and/or can anyone recommend the best?

FHAtraining .org. If you are unemployed, don't waste your money. Youi still need an employer to sponsor you for the highly sought after "DE". it's a catch 22. Cost is about $395 perclass. Need 4 classes, plus DE. It's not brain surgery, however all the lenders want this. Also be aware- lenders/banks sometimes advertise for jobs they have no intention to fill. They want to see what the job seeker marketplace is like. They also want to look good on Wall Street - You know, appear like they are busy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Anne in Huntersville, NC

75 months ago

shelley in Baltimore, Maryland said: Does anyone know how I would go about getting my DE?

Hi, I also thought it was a catch 22,I am currently unemployed, but I have enrolled through ALLREGS.COM for the FHA DE Underwriter course. The class is a 4 day online course 1.5 hrs per day. The fee is $295.00. Upon completion I will have my DE credentials. Here is the phone number and contact name for my area 651-289-4804 Barry Schaffner. I am sure he would be able to give you the contact information for your area. It is an investment that I figure I could ask a new employer to reimburse me after a reasonable time or I will just write it off on my taxes for education.... Good Luck..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

24 yrs experience in Rushville, Indiana

75 months ago

Just comment: My last two employers used ALLREGS as an online source for up-to-date agency info, ie for FNMA, FHA, etc, so I would think they are reputable.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Joe in Laguna Niguel, California

74 months ago

I did the same thing you did through a company called FHA University offered out here in Laguna Hills Ca & it was a joke! No one takes the certificate you get seriously & to be honest the only thing I really learned was that the old sub prime took about 85% of their guidelines from FHA! When I mentioned the huge similarities she scoffed & said FHA is NOT sub prime but when I showed her a copy of some old guidelines I had she couldn't believe it!! LOL
I think she just wanted to bury her head in the sand & not realize that they're very much a like.

Anyway, good luck with that cert but in my opinion it's not worth the money & the only way to get hired is to have a bank hire to sponsor your loans so you get on the job training, get paid, learn & get your credentials.

Most banks don't realize it but there's a huge shortage & their not willing to train so they're going to be stuck with ads in the paper for months looking for good underwriters when all they have to do is look at the pool of unemployed sub prime underwriters & pick the cream of the crop from them & get them certified.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

Vicki in Cleveland, Ohio said: FHAtraining .org. If you are unemployed, don't waste your money. Youi still need an employer to sponsor you for the highly sought after "DE". it's a catch 22. Cost is about $395 perclass. Need 4 classes, plus DE. It's not brain surgery, however all the lenders want this. Also be aware- lenders/banks sometimes advertise for jobs they have no intention to fill. They want to see what the job seeker marketplace is like. They also want to look good on Wall Street - You know, appear like they are busy.

That's some good advice & the last few sentences are right on point! It should be illegal to place ghost ads out there with no intentions of filling them but after being unemployed for almost 13 months before landing a underwriting gig outside of the mortgage industry I could easily see this happening.

I notice I don't see ads for mortgage underwriters anymore with the caption "Sub prime or Alt-A Underwriters need not apply" or "No Mortgage people please". I believe companies were getting in some hot water with these statements.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

BONNIE KOC in Lake In The Hills, Illinois

74 months ago

Just to touch a bit upon this FHA/DE wall we keep hitting up against...there is also one other "catch 22" that most of you in the industry would probably agree with me on, and that's maintaining good credit. I been applying for mortgage positions for the past 18 months, and have not had any luck in securing permanent employment. I've been temping in underwriting positions as these jobs become available, but the pay is a fraction of what my salary has been for the past 9 yrs. How can any person in this industry keep up with bills/housing etc if the only job they can get is a temp making $17.00 per hour? I was recently turned down for employment because of adverse credit. Can't these employers see that this market is reducing its work force in mass? The average time it takes a seasoned underwriter without DE to secure employment in todays market making a comparable salary to what they were making in 2005-2006 is approx 18-24 months. I read that on Yahoo somewhere. The numbers are only going to get worse as BofA reduces its work force after July 1 (the completion date of the Countrywide buyout) and Citigroup continues to lay people off (approx 7500 by year end. How is any one person, especially a single parent supposed to make end meet making $17.00 per hour? Am I crazy, or is this a no win situation?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

BONNIE KOC in Lake In The Hills, Illinois said: Just to touch a bit upon this FHA/DE wall we keep hitting up against...there is also one other "catch 22" that most of you in the industry would probably agree with me on, and that's maintaining good credit. I been applying for mortgage positions for the past 18 months, and have not had any luck in securing permanent employment. I've been temping in underwriting positions as these jobs become available, but the pay is a fraction of what my salary has been for the past 9 yrs. How can any person in this industry keep up with bills/housing etc if the only job they can get is a temp making $17.00 per hour? I was recently turned down for employment because of adverse credit. Can't these employers see that this market is reducing its work force in mass? The average time it takes a seasoned underwriter without DE to secure employment in todays market making a comparable salary to what they were making in 2005-2006 is approx 18-24 months. I read that on Yahoo somewhere. The numbers are only going to get worse as BofA reduces its work force after July 1 (the completion date of the Countrywide buyout) and Citigroup continues to lay people off (approx 7500 by year end. How is any one person, especially a single parent supposed to make end meet making $17.00 per hour? Am I crazy, or is this a no win situation?

I feel your pain BK. I mean we all hear how it's, "A buyers market" now but the problem is NO ONE IS BUYING!!

Same thing goes for employers, it's a employers market but guess what NO ONE IS HIRING!! Or at least thats how it feels. And if they are they're being extremely picky & hey it's their right, I understand that but something has to give sooner or later. Bubbles are good & bad & right now we're in the bad bubble. I just hope that this bubble won't take 13 years to burst as the RE bubble took.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

UW Girl

74 months ago

Im a DE and have been one for 11 yrs and have underwritten FHA for 20 The lender has to nominate you and you have to prove you know what youre doing There are many DE's looking for work they arent going to to hire peeps with no experience. HUD just put on a 3 day Seminar in Orange CA and they are on the road It was a great refresher course filled with changes. Its a tough time

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Joe in Woodland Hills, California

74 months ago

UW Girl said: Im a DE and have been one for 11 yrs and have underwritten FHA for 20 The lender has to nominate you and you have to prove you know what youre doing There are many DE's looking for work they arent going to to hire peeps with no experience. HUD just put on a 3 day Seminar in Orange CA and they are on the road It was a great refresher course filled with changes. Its a tough time

Yeah I don't think I questioned the fact that it's tough out there & or that you need to be sponsored my post was to vent the fact that I see the same DE required ads every week from the same companies which indicate to me that companies are finding it more difficult to find good certified U/W's. If FHA lenders didn't make it so cryptic to get certified it would open the channels up to get the proper sponsoring & then certifications. Just seems like to me that they want underwriters, are finding it tough to get them due to shortages but don't want to train & sponsor. Doesn't make a difference to me I underwrite Middle Market Group Medical Insurance & am out of the mortgage scene I'm just try to help some of my fellow mtg folks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

I couldn't have put it better myself. I'd have no problem taking the proper "tests" or going thru a number of test cases to prove I have FHA knowledge and experience, but employers, for one reason or another, don't want to offer that as part of the interviewing process. If you're like me, you have the experience, but no one will take a chance on you. It's really like being stuck between a rock and a hard place.

KF in Dundalk, Maryland

74 months ago

BONNIE KOC in Lake In The Hills, Illinois said: Just to touch a bit upon this FHA/DE wall we keep hitting up against...there is also one other "catch 22" that most of you in the industry would probably agree with me on, and that's maintaining good credit. I been applying for mortgage positions for the past 18 months, and have not had any luck in securing permanent employment. I've been temping in underwriting positions as these jobs become available, but the pay is a fraction of what my salary has been for the past 9 yrs. How can any person in this industry keep up with bills/housing etc if the only job they can get is a temp making $17.00 per hour? I was recently turned down for employment because of adverse credit. Can't these employers see that this market is reducing its work force in mass? The average time it takes a seasoned underwriter without DE to secure employment in todays market making a comparable salary to what they were making in 2005-2006 is approx 18-24 months. I read that on Yahoo somewhere. The numbers are only going to get worse as BofA reduces its work force after July 1 (the completion date of the Countrywide buyout) and Citigroup continues to lay people off (approx 7500 by year end. How is any one person, especially a single parent supposed to make end meet making $17.00 per hour? Am I crazy, or is this a no win situation?

Your not crazy, even for a DE like my self it is a no win situation. I have applied for jobs in other states simply to stay employed and I have been told, " Sorry but since your out of state we are concerned with your relocation" Well wouldn't one think I'm am the one that should be concerned?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

I absolutely agree with you. They should be impressed that you are willing to relocate showing them (employers) enough fire in your belly to make for a great employee. Question is...are they stable enough to ensure your employment? Maybe potential employees should start interviewing potential employers! Food for thought.

V.M in Cleveland, Ohio

74 months ago

KF in Dundalk, Maryland said: Your not crazy, even for a DE like my self it is a no win situation. I have applied for jobs in other states simply to stay employed and I have been told, " Sorry but since your out of state we are concerned with your relocation" Well wouldn't one think I'm am the one that should be concerned?

Honestly, get out of the business as soon as you can. I was laid off in January. I do not have FHA experience. The bank I worked for did not do those loans for the 12+ years I was there. I am still looing for employment. I wasted too much time trying to get another UW job. Now I have shifted my focus. I am looking for $ to go back to school. If I am lucky, i can can an entry level job in another industry making 50% less than what I was paying. I am sure you have many other valuable skills besides underwriting.

V.M in Cleveland, Ohio

74 months ago

Joe in Laguna Niguel, California said: That's some good advice & the last few sentences are right on point! It should be illegal to place ghost ads out there with no intentions of filling them but after being unemployed for almost 13 months before landing a underwriting gig outside of the mortgage industry I could easily see this happening.

I notice I don't see ads for mortgage underwriters anymore with the caption "Sub prime or Alt-A Underwriters need not apply" or "No Mortgage people please". I believe companies were getting in some hot water with these statements.

You are right. FHA is the new subprime. Everyone knows this by now. They had to put the high risk people somewhere, and FHA is it. However, FHA does not want this business. That is why you do not see adds for Alt- A or subprime UW.

V.M in Cleveland, Ohio

74 months ago

Joe in Woodland Hills, California said: Yeah I don't think I questioned the fact that it's tough out there & or that you need to be sponsored my post was to vent the fact that I see the same DE required ads every week from the same companies which indicate to me that companies are finding it more difficult to find good certified U/W's. If FHA lenders didn't make it so cryptic to get certified it would open the channels up to get the proper sponsoring & then certifications. Just seems like to me that they want underwriters, are finding it tough to get them due to shortages but don't want to train & sponsor. Doesn't make a difference to me I underwrite Middle Market Group Medical Insurance & am out of the mortgage scene I'm just try to help some of my fellow mtg folks.

How can I get out of the mortgage scene? I am looking to become an insurance UW, but do not know what classes I need. I have a B.A. but it is in Music. However, I worked as an UW since 1997. I would like to do the same thing if possible, but in the insurance or medical field. How did you go about that? I would love any info you could give me. Thanks.

73 months ago

Honestly, there's a lot of underwriting positions out there & had no clue about. Theres Group Medical, Workmans Comp, Surety, Marine, Life, Commercial but unfortunately a lot of these are grouped in certain parts of the US.

As far as how I got in, it was just luck of the draw. I was hired in with 2 other mortgage underwriters. It's said they hired us due to our negotiating skills (wholesale underwriters talking to LO's & brokers) & analytical skills as well.

But this is waaaaaaaaaaaaay different, muuuuuuuuuch harder & I would expect the ratio of mortgage or banking underwriters who wash out because they just can't get the concepts are probably pretty high. I think this is the reason why you see a lot of non banking underwriting opportunities with the caveat on their ads, "No mortgage underwriters" or "Mortgage Underwriters will NOT be considered". Challenging is not even a good word for it. It's DIFFICULT!!! I've been training for 6 months & my mentor states it's going to take at least 12-18 months!

I have tons of underwriter friends who think it's all the same thing & honestly I thought the same as well before coming to Cigna but it's a completely different beast. This is "real" underwriting, almost everything is manually done. You're looking at company financials, trends, pooling points, medical records, expense ratio's & a host of other calculations & methodical macro & micro econ factors I could not even begin to explain. They are light years behind the banking industry in regards to computer technology & the majority of their program modules don't talk to each other & don't do 99% of the math for you as in mortgage & banking.

The make up of this company is really weird too. It's either 23 years old just out of college or mid thirties with like 15 years at the company (which would lead you to believe people don't leave this company) which is nice.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

virgocalifornia in Ontario, California

68 months ago

I'm looking for DE mortgage underwriters in Richmond (VA) and Dallas.

Ryan in Markham, Ontario

66 months ago

which colleges could you go to, to take a course that will make you become a Mortgage Underwriter in the future? and what would the costs be exactly?
im currently in highschool and must do an essay based on this information.

Oceans11 in Aliso Viejo, California

66 months ago

Ryan in Markham, Ontario said: which colleges could you go to, to take a course that will make you become a Mortgage Underwriter in the future? and what would the costs be exactly?
im currently in highschool and must do an essay based on this information.

Hi Ryan, there isn't anything specific to Mortgage Underwriting. You could get a degree in accounting, finance or mathematics but I truly think those would be overkill & too advanced for mortgage underwriting. I underwrite group medical right now & those are the chosen degree's for this profession because of the complexity of underwriting in this industry.

Right now the golden ticket in most area's is having the Direct Endorsement Certification through FHA but you have to working at a lender who would of course sponsor you to qualify for this certification & that's the "rub" so to speak right now with a lot of us. Most lenders won't hire you without it but in order to get it you have to be hired.

You could do what some have suggested which is get into a lender as a processor or lower level position & work your way up & hope they give you a shot.

NFM Inc in Baltimore, Maryland

64 months ago

I'm looking for DE certified underwriters in Maryland and in NJ. If you are interested please email me at humanresources@nfmlending.com.

souxxy in lakewood, California

60 months ago

wow! I was researching DE underwriter and came accross this blog and glad I did!
I have been underwriting FHA for a broker and unfortunately cannot get my DE certification for abvious reasons. I was about to register for one of these fha courses thru fha university and soooooooooooo glad I didnt! Afer reading some of these comments it is definitely true that with work being so scarce we need to better invest our money. I was also astonished by the amount of unemployed underwriters, but even more so by the length of time you folks have been without a job! I now know that I am not alone. I have been of an on doing contract u/w for the past 24mos and seems as though something more permanent is extremely tough! I will try the course thru Allregs and see how that goes while I continue to look for a permanent opening.

Oceans11 in South OC, California

60 months ago

souxxy in lakewood, California said: wow! I was researching DE underwriter and came accross this blog and glad I did!
I have been underwriting FHA for a broker and unfortunately cannot get my DE certification for abvious reasons. I was about to register for one of these fha courses thru fha university and soooooooooooo glad I didnt! Afer reading some of these comments it is definitely true that with work being so scarce we need to better invest our money. I was also astonished by the amount of unemployed underwriters, but even more so by the length of time you folks have been without a job! I now know that I am not alone. I have been of an on doing contract u/w for the past 24mos and seems as though something more permanent is extremely tough! I will try the course thru Allregs and see how that goes while I continue to look for a permanent opening.

Hey souxxy! Hope we didn't scare you off! LOl but Allregs is a great place to start. Just keep in mind banks/lenders/ mortgage companies don't recognize any schooling for FHA other then being sponsored by said bank/lender/mortgage company & getting the DE certification or LAPP the traditional way. Don't waste/spend your money on any school hoping that that will be the only thing you need to get your FHA certification. Until these banks realize that good FHA DE certified underwriters are harder to find now a days (at least in certain states) they'll end up still being very hard headed about their hiring practices.

Obviously there are no true entrepreneur minds over at HUD because this would be a perfect opportunity for them to make a killing on licensing proven underwriters to get their DE cert. They could charge the sky if they wanted to right now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

souxxy

60 months ago

I didn't get scared, but it was definitely eye opening for me to read what is going on with everyone. I have recently applied for so many jobs to only come to dead end interviews of commission only insurance jobs that have high initial out of pocket overhead. And yes hud would make a killing if they would get more people certified.

Max in Moreno Valley, California

55 months ago

V.M in Cleveland, Ohio said: You are right. FHA is the new subprime. Everyone knows this by now. They had to put the high risk people somewhere, and FHA is it. However, FHA does not want this business. That is why you do not see adds for Alt- A or subprime UW.

MM

Max in Moreno Valley, California

55 months ago

V.M in Cleveland, Ohio said: You are right. FHA is the new subprime. Everyone knows this by now. They had to put the high risk people somewhere, and FHA is it. However, FHA does not want this business. That is why you do not see adds for Alt- A or subprime UW.

Its Good to gear simeine in the Mortgage Industy is back to work. I have been off to 2yrs, One I was not looking, afer 17yrs in the Mortgage Buz I dot know wear to start. Wish me lock I looking now and its not easy.

Oceans11 in South OC, California

55 months ago

Max in Moreno Valley, California said: MM

Which is weird & kind of discriminatory unto itself. Just because you have sub prime experience doesn't mean you can't be a true Conventional Underwriter & visa versa. In fact in my experience it was always harder to "open up" than it was to "pull back".

I'm a prime example of that. I started in "A" paper, switched to sub prime & came back to "A". There are drawbacks to any lending "style" or risk. But you underwrite under your COMPANIES guidelines. No one is born a sub prime or alt-a or conventional underwriter. Yet the industry has turned on itself denying jobs to good prospects solely by association. That's just wrong. Some of your most loyal underwriters are the ones who don't have a job right now.

souxxy in Sun City, California

48 months ago

Hello everyone, just touching base with everyone to see if any of you got an underwriter job and if so, how is it going?

Mark Allen Minneapolis in Minneapolis, Minnesota

48 months ago

I am aggressively recruiting for Mortgage Professionals.

FHA/DE Underwriters
Mortgage Underwriters
Documentation Specialists.

Please reach me: MAllen@ActeonNet.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Layna Shields in West Des Moines, Iowa

45 months ago

I am recruiting both Conventional and DE UW's for placement in FT and contract capacity. Some assignments pay per diem and travel expenses. Please reach me at lshields@mortgagestaff.com

Miles in Baltimore, Maryland

45 months ago

Layna Shields in West Des Moines, Iowa said: I am recruiting both Conventional and DE UW's for placement in FT and contract capacity. Some assignments pay per diem and travel expenses. Please reach me at lshields@mortgagestaff.com

Are you filling any vacancies in the Maryland area? I have over 14 years experience but need a nomination from an FHA approved lender.

Miles in Baltimore, Maryland

45 months ago

Mark Allen Minneapolis in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: I am aggressively recruiting for Mortgage Professionals.

FHA/DE Underwriters
Mortgage Underwriters
Documentation Specialists.

Please reach me: MAllen@ActeonNet.com

Are you filling any vacancies in the Maryland area? I have over 14 years experience but need a nomination from an FHA approved lender.

Layna Shields in West Des Moines, Iowa

45 months ago

Miles in Baltimore, Maryland said: Are you filling any vacancies in the Maryland area? I have over 14 years experience but need a nomination from an FHA approved lender.

Typically, we have openings Frederick, MD. Please connect with me at lshields@mortgagestaff.com if you are interested in chatting!

Eric in Boston, Massachusetts

42 months ago

Hey Guys,

I feel your pain for your situation. Sometimes I wonder why the lending institutions would rather have someone come in with a DE, after an extensive multi-month search, than provide the training for qualified internals. I see a massive pool of unemployed mortgage underwriters from 2008 onwards. I know a lot of you are very qualified, but the employers know they can be picky in this situation... just keep trying. I, as a sourcer/recruiter, am constantly trying to make them see it in your case.

I work for SunTrust Bank and wanted to know if anyone was interested in an underwriting position. You do not need your DE, but FHA/VA/Rural Housing is preferred. We have many positions open in our campus recruiting cities (Richmond, Atlanta & Orlando)... and we do offer relocation.

Please send me an email with your resume and contact information so I, or one of my colleagues can get in touch with you! (eric.livingston@barnesrecruiting.com)

casuw@tx.rr.com in Carrollton, Texas

42 months ago

virgocalifornia in Ontario, California said: I'm looking for DE mortgage underwriters in Richmond (VA) and Dallas.

Hello, I am a FHA DE Underwriter in Dallas, TX....and I am seeking an FHA underwriting job!!! Please contact me at casuw@tx.rr.com.

info@rmcstaffing.com in Downers Grove, Illinois

42 months ago

casuw@tx.rr.com in Carrollton, Texas said: Hello, I am a FHA DE Underwriter in Dallas, TX....and I am seeking an FHA underwriting job!!! Please contact me at casuw@tx.rr.com.

Send me your resume! info@rmcstaffing.com

Anna Kamakahi in Colorado Springs, Colorado

40 months ago

I am currently working as a DE Mortgage Underwriter for Bank of America Home Loans and am looking for a permanent position or permanent position that would allow me to work from home due to closure of branch office.

I have been in the mortgage industry for the past 5 years. I have an active CHUMS ID and have experience underwriting FHA loans, conventional and VA loans.

Please contact me at a_kamakahi@yahoo.com. Thank you so much!

mortgageunderwriter in Phillipsburg, New Jersey

36 months ago

Does anyone know if a company can sponsor you if you are a contract uw for them, and not an employee?

I have a different catch 22. I underwrite FHA loans as well as conventional. Our DE's sign off on my FHA loans. My company knows very well that if they sponsor me, I will become more marketable, and possibly leave, so they will not sponsor me.

This will happen at every company I work for, no doubt.

Any ideas?

smp077 in Oak Park, Michigan

36 months ago

My situation is similar to yours but I was a employee underwriting FHA loans but my manager signed off on my FHA loans . The company stop sponsoring underwriters due to the DE's left the company for higher paying companies. The owner was not happy about it.

I do not think you will be sponsored as a contract UW. I would suggest just keep trying to get a permanent position with a company.

Billie Mac in Shelby Township, Michigan

36 months ago

smp077 in Oak Park, Michigan said: My situation is similar to yours but I was a employee underwriting FHA loans but my manager signed off on my FHA loans . The company stop sponsoring underwriters due to the DE's left the company for higher paying companies. The owner was not happy about it.

I do not think you will be sponsored as a contract UW. I would suggest just keep trying to get a permanent position with a company.

Who were you working for?

smp077 in Oak Park, Michigan

36 months ago

The company was a small mortgage company in California that closed down several years ago. I wish you all the best.

deefrench1003@yahoo.com in Indianapolis, Indiana

34 months ago

I'm a QC Underwriter for an Appraisal Management Company for 1 1/2 years with close to 25 years in the mortgage industry managing and originating. In the process of relocating back to GA (husband's job transfer) and looking to stay on the operation side of the business. Haven't had much success getting calls to interview. Any suggestions on who might be hiring someone with my type of background?

ocngail in Stuart, Florida

34 months ago

What part of GA? There are usually alot of postings in the Atlanta area especially for QC Underwriters. I use the Indeed website alot and you can set up alerts by job description and location.

deefrench1003@yahoo.com in Indianapolis, Indiana

34 months ago

What part of GA? There are usually alot of postings in the Atlanta area especially for QC Underwriters. I use the Indeed website alot and you can set up alerts by job description and location.

I just posted my resume there, thanks. Most are looking for frontline/mortgage u/w (not Appraisal u/w for AMC).

etmomia Vaughn in Orange Park, Florida

34 months ago

Well I just get a contract job with mergis..started this week..look them up.

lshields@mortgagestaff.com in Galena, Illinois

34 months ago

I am a national mortgage recruiter ~ our company, Contemporary Services, staffs contract/temp/FT mortgage underwriters (DE & Conv) throughout several metro areas - Atlanta, Orlando, Chicago, Charlotte, Richmond, Denver, Minneapolis, Des Moines, Independence, St. Louis, and more. Please contact me directly if you have referrals or need to chat!

ernie in Edgewater, Maryland

32 months ago

shelley in Baltimore, Maryland said: Does anyone know how I would go about getting my DE?[/QUOTE

Are you still looking for a company to work for in the Underwriting field of a mortgage company? If you would like to entertain a job please contact me asap. We are a Direct Lender looking for an Underwriter.

32 months ago

shelley in Beltsville, Maryland said: Thanks so much! I am currently employed but barely so I really need to get DE approved

Are you still looking for a company to work for in the Underwriting field of a mortgage company? If you would like to entertain a job please contact me asap. We are a Direct Lender looking for an Underwriter.

32 months ago

KF in Dundalk, Maryland said: Your not crazy, even for a DE like my self it is a no win situation. I have applied for jobs in other states simply to stay employed and I have been told, " Sorry but since your out of state we are concerned with your relocation" Well wouldn't one think I'm am the one that should be concerned?

sandyb in Apopka, Florida

30 months ago

UW Girl said: Im a DE and have been one for 11 yrs and have underwritten FHA for 20 The lender has to nominate you and you have to prove you know what youre doing There are many DE's looking for work they arent going to to hire peeps with no experience. HUD just put on a 3 day Seminar in Orange CA and they are on the road It was a great refresher course filled with changes. Its a tough time

I see you are from Apopka. I work for a bank in central Florida and we are looking for a DE underwriter and I thought maybe you might know of someone who might be looking for a job. WE are very flexible and could probably be a job that could be remote. Please let me know if you have any referrals. Thank you, Sandy

The Federal Savings Bank in New York, New York

20 months ago

Miles in Baltimore, Maryland said: Are you filling any vacancies in the Maryland area? I have over 14 years experience but need a nomination from an FHA approved lender.

Miles- I have a position in the Maryland area. Please email me at agertsen@thefederalsavingsbank.com. Would love to network with you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.