commercial driver with recent DUI

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 431)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

HANS in Rohnert Park, California

84 months ago

greetings, i am wondering if there are any companies out there that hire experienced(25yrs) drivers with a recent(2yrs. old) DUI? i have been looking but not finding. help!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (301) / No (53) Reply - Report abuse

hans in Rohnert Park, California

81 months ago

Tim McCarthy in Omaha, Nebraska said: My buddy was in the same fix...I'd try contacting www.truckersdispatch.com. They seem to have the most extensive network of contacts and they're pretty cool guys.

tim, thank you for the contact web site. i still have not been successfull in my search; so i am looking forward to checking this site out. hans

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

hans in Santa Rosa, California

78 months ago

to kevin k. in texarkana, texas
thank for giving me some hope for the future. do you have any company names, that would hire a driver with only a 3 year old dui?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (145) / No (22) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

Kevin, that is good news! How do we hook up?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

ROBERT DOLLENS in Williamstown, Kentucky

77 months ago

HANS in Rohnert Park, California said: greetings, i am wondering if there are any companies out there that hire experienced(25yrs) drivers with a recent(2yrs. old) DUI? i have been looking but not finding. help!

i have had a stoke of bad luck with my dui i have been driving trucks for 22yrs and i didnt get cought in a in a big truck for my dui i have never had a reck. the federal law and the goverment has really mess me up because of the change in 2005 thats not right i have a timperoy cdl but i need help to get my purment cdl,s a gain so if any one can help let me know trucking was and is my life thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

hey robert, sorry it took me so long to reply to your e-mail. this man kevin k., i believe he is with a recruiting agency; he respsonded to my problem. here is his phone number {866}605-4871. good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Ole Tater in Cocoa, Florida

76 months ago

Looking for information on the following please. Links
I feel this is a safety problem. I drive a bus for a living and the employer requires that I have a sign in the window of my bus 20 pass shuttle coach body van nose. The sign is approximately 10X18 inches and three sixteenth inch thick made out of heavy plastic approximately 8-10 ounces. This is stuffed into a piece of deteriorating foam rubber. Loose on the dash to slide around. Also I have cleaning fluids - oil and power steering fluid laying around loose. I and my fellow drivers have voiced are concern on this issue.That just get us into trouble and if pushed a cut in weekly hours of work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

ole tater, sounds like you might have some safety issues. if you are a union shop; talk with your union steward about it. perhaps getting in contact with D.O.T.; they might have something to say about it. you could always make yourself a different sign and secure it to the dash. with those free moving cleaning fluids and oil; i would put them in a box and secure it in some way to the floor or underneath a seat.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Ole Tater in Cocoa, Florida

76 months ago

Quote: ole tater, sounds like you might have some safety issues. if you are a union shop; talk with your union steward about it. perhaps getting in contact with D.O.T.; they might have something to say about it. you could always make yourself a different sign and secure it to the dash. with those free moving cleaning fluids and oil; i would put them in a box and secure it in some way to the floor or underneath a seat.

The problem is the vehicle is Government owned and they will "NOT!!!" alter a "Government Vehicle" in any way. And this also goes for a secured box for the fluids. As far as contacting DOT that's useless no way to contact.And just a casual contact inquiring get no where. I have all ready contacted NTSB and same pass the buck. And the "UNION"and Union Steward that's as much help as T--s on a Bull.Their in bed with contractor and don't want to ruffle feather's I have not sent info to OSHA. I wanted info from DOT first. Does any one have a real complaint e-mail address for D.O.T. The CDL hand book just glosses over the above item.
Thanks hans.......

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

matt in Minneapolis, Minnesota

76 months ago

1 year old dwi. is there any one out there that can get me a trucking job. was over the road for 4 years. 3 years that is to long to wait. no need to get my cdl back if that is the case. can some one please help me find a job. matt.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (117) / No (25) Reply - Report abuse

matt in Minneapolis, Minnesota

76 months ago

thanks for the help Ill look into it. say what does O/O mean.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

James in Columbus, Ohio

75 months ago

HI guys, OK here is my sad story i got 4 dui's in my life 94,96, two in 91 and 03. In 96 got it reduced to wreckless op and drug para, ex-gf weed not mine, (in 91 disorderly conduct bar-fight,lost there too) Never been a truck driver was just interested, will be sober now this coming oct-03 5years. Would i even have a chance getting into the trucking industry. Been a industrial maintenance mechanic last 15 years cannot get a job anywhere. 45yrs old living with mother, tired of eating bologna and peanut butter sandwiches lol.. Stay sober peace..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (51) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

spirit walker

75 months ago

about 40 years ago got a dwi. three years ago got another. live in texas,so, i had to pay 3 years of surcharges. always wanted to be a trucker. am in the process of getting my cdl. will the dwi prevent me from doing this and getting a job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Teddy Fat in Anderson, Indiana

74 months ago

James in Columbus, Ohio said: HI guys, OK here is my sad story i got 4 dui's in my life 94,96, two in 91 and 03. In 96 got it reduced to wreckless op and drug para, ex-gf weed not mine, (in 91 disorderly conduct bar-fight,lost there too) Never been a truck driver was just interested, will be sober now this coming oct-03 5years. Would i even have a chance getting into the trucking industry. Been a industrial maintenance mechanic last 15 years cannot get a job anywhere. 45yrs old living with mother, tired of eating bologna and peanut butter sandwiches lol.. Stay sober peace..
Life is 10% of what you make it & 90% how you take it!!! Don't give up!!!Stay in today &don't keep doin what you used to do. Because you'll always get what you've got!!! Friend of BILL W.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Thomas in Phoenix, Arizona

70 months ago

spirit walker said: I to had a DUI three years ago and no one will give me a chance. I have my CLASS A CDL PERMIT and my doubles/triples,tanker and HASMAT Endorsments. I know for sure I would be a great truck driver. Can anyone out there offer any advice to a woman who just wants to drive a truck and make a decent living? Please let me know.
Debbie from Texas.

Try talking to Prime inc. They take drivers with no expereince and a three year old DWI. I just had my one year anniversery on my DWI and I have been pulling my hair out trying to get back in a truck. Especially with this economy. I can't find even a job at a warehouse!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Michelle in Morganton, North Carolina

70 months ago

Hey Guys
My fiance' has always driven a truck and has had 2 DUI's and he is in his 4th year .... do you think he has a chance in NC to get a job? If you think so where should he go to look for one..... I have heard that maybe family owned co. would hire ? Any suggestions

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

jim in Tacoma, Washington

69 months ago

i am a driver from wa i got a dui over a year ago .i wasent convicted though i got whats called a stipulated continuance,that means that if i go 2 years probation the dui gets kicked to a neg/driving i will get my cdl back on nov 20.as far as i know ,nothing should be on my mvr exept a licens suspention but it dosent say what for. what are my chances of driving agian?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

hans

69 months ago

jim, it sounds like you will be driving again, sooner than later. if i was you, i would keep my "nose" clean for 2 years and start looking.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

69 months ago

thanks im glad to hear some positive feedback,i just hope youre right

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Brian in Shepherdsville, Kentucky

69 months ago

HANS in Rohnert Park, California said: greetings, i am wondering if there are any companies out there that hire experienced(25yrs) drivers with a recent(2yrs. old) DUI? i have been looking but not finding. help!

Priority Transportation Chicago area

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Bugle_boy in Moreno Valley, California

69 months ago

Brian in Shepherdsville, Kentucky said: Priority Transportation Chicago area

Just an FYI as of Sept. 2008 Priority Transportation closed it's doors.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

jimkennedy in Jacksonville, Florida

69 months ago

Any luck yet? I am in the same situation. jim.ganco@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Tommy in Trinity, North Carolina

69 months ago

I've got 3 DUI's, the last was over 12 years ago. I've been sober now for over 9 years. I just would like to know who'll give me a chance. I went to a school & got my CDL's on the 28th of Oct. I know I'll be a good driver, I have NO problem going to work every day & working hard. I just need a break to get into truckin' is all. I need some help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

69 months ago

i done some research and found that the insurance company wrights the rules even if an employer wants to hire you he cant if you cant be insured.look for places that DONT do STATE OR FEDRIAL FILINGS.LIKE logging/wood chips/farm trucking or aggroculture.the guy i talked to at proggressive truck insurance told me that,he also said to avoid flatbed or any busness that hauls steel its a waste of your time.as for me ..i think we should all write to congress and ask why the hell we're still being punnished for such a minor deal.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tommy in Trinity, North Carolina

68 months ago

I need some information about Watkins/Shepard. Are they a good company to work for? Good or bad information

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

True Bill in Wilson, North Carolina

68 months ago

jim in Tacoma, Washington said: i done some research and found that the insurance company wrights the rules even if an employer wants to hire you he cant if you cant be insured.look for places that DONT do STATE OR FEDRIAL FILINGS.LIKE logging/wood chips/farm trucking or aggroculture.the guy i talked to at proggressive truck insurance told me that,he also said to avoid flatbed or any busness that hauls steel its a waste of your time.as for me ..i think we should all write to congress and ask why the hell we're still being punnished for such a minor deal.

This is just not the case. Most big trucking company buy so much insurance; the preminium they pay actually drops. So I don;t think that the reason. If it is tell me why me with 0 points no accidents still can't get hired?
?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tommy in Colfax, North Carolina

68 months ago

I've got 3 DUI's, the last was over 12 years ago. I've been sober now for over 9 years. I just would like to know who'll give me a chance. I went to a school & got my CDL's on the 28th of Oct. I know I'll be a good driver, I have NO problem going to work every day & working hard. I just need a break to get into truckin' is all. I need some help.Who should I contact?
P.S. It's High Point, NC

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

about the insurance premioums i have no clue on what that has to do with anything. but i got my info that i posted straight from a commertial truck insurance agent at proggressive ins i spoke with him for about an hour on the phone.he evin said that he used to drive a truck so i figure he would know best.as for your problem the only thing i would think they would not hire you for might be age(to young/to old) expierince,job history,economey,background,ext,ext. either way i wish you the best of luck with your search.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

brandan in Chicago, Illinois

67 months ago

do any body know of any trucking companies who hire ex-offenders with convictions 4 1/2 yrs. old? I'm located in Chicago, and nobody wanna give me a chance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

dane anderson in Sycamore, Illinois said: YOU DRUNK. I'M BETTER THAN YOU.

Hey driver we all make mistakes; just hang in there;give it time. I had a Dui 3 yrs. ago 2005. Got a job hauing US mail in a 53ft in 2006. Work there until the company lost the contract, 2 months ago.Now I,m starting all over looking for a company that will hire me. What keep me going is the fact that someone already have and will again hire me.Keep your faith and your blessing will come. True Bill-NC

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

Michelle in Morganton, North Carolina said: Hey Guys
My fiance' has always driven a truck and has had 2 DUI's and he is in his 4th year .... do you think he has a chance in NC to get a job? If you think so where should he go to look for one..... I have heard that maybe family owned co. would hire ? Any suggestions

Hey Michelle I also live in NC,Wilson had Dui 3 yrs ago. There is a company name Williama Trucking in Wilson. May they can help you guys out. GOOD LUCK- God Bless

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

freebird in Warren, Ohio

67 months ago

hans in Santa Rosa, California said: to kevin k. in texarkana, texas
thank for giving me some hope for the future. do you have any company names, that would hire a driver with only a 3 year old dui?

yes check out falcon trucking in youngstown ohio

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

freebird in Warren, Ohio

67 months ago

hans in Santa Rosa, California said: to kevin k. in texarkana, texas

yes, call falcon in youngstown ohio

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

freebird in Warren, Ohio

67 months ago

WValentine in Macedonia, Ohio said: I had a dui about 3 1/2 years ago. I have applied at almost every trucking job ther is and cant even get a response. Is there anyone that could help. I really need to catch a break. I am VERY confident that I would be a very successful trucker. Thanks for yourtime and help in advance.
Bill

call falcon in youngstown ohio

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Fester McGuu

67 months ago

Falcon is on a hiring freeze...Great idea !, You just, need to call them, in the Spring.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

freebird in Warren, Ohio

65 months ago

I have a DUI 1 year old does anyone know of any companys that may hire me I have 4 + years OTR I am about to loes everything I have can anyone HELP ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

freebird in Warren, Ohio

65 months ago

I have a one year old DUI & I can not find a job can anyone help me?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Terry in Piedmont, Oklahoma

65 months ago

I have a DUI that I got in my jeep a year and a half ago I drove for the same company for 22 years pulling a tanker and a flat bed I have been trucking for 35 years I have pulled reefers and dry vans also if anybody can help me please let me know. I have no accidents record was clean until the Dui for thirty five years.
trukdrver@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

pap in Saint Paul, Minnesota

64 months ago

I HAD AN ACCIDENT A YEAR AGO WITH A COMPANY TRUCK NOW I BOUGHT A TRUCK WHERE WILL I FIND A COMPANY TO HIRE ME AS A OWNER OPERATOR? THANKS

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

silkey slim in Saint Louis, Missouri

63 months ago

Im a victim of the Dui blues also this site has been and is very informative and helpful.Thanks everyone

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

HouseMouse

63 months ago

My husband is in the process of going to truck driving school, but the problem he has run into is he had 4 dwi's which the newest one is 11 years old now and he has applied at various trucking companies.
Any advice in this situation now with the economy as it is.
When he applies online, they always says DWI's has to be 3 year old or older, but some are even 5 years, but when he talks to the recruiter they barely won't even talk to him.
He has turned his life completely around and that is all a thing of the past. Is there any help out there with someone with such old dwi's?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Tommy in High Point, North Carolina

63 months ago

I went thru the same thing w/ DUI/DWIs (3). My oldest 1 is over 12 yrs. old. I've turned my life around also. I've been sober for almost 10 yrs.!!!! Tell him what I did, I had to go w/ a local driver O/O who didn't care 'bout my history. I just had to keep callin' people 'till I got a very lucky break. It took me 6 mths. 'fore I got it, so don't give up!!!!! Don't try to go w/ big companys, they wouldn't even talk to me when I would tell 'em I've got 3. I had to go with someone local. KEEP YOUR HEAD UP!! You'll find someone just like I did. Good luck!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Terry in Kingfisher, Oklahoma

63 months ago

Does the trucking company count the 3 to 5 years from the conviction date or from when it occured?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Tommy in High Point, North Carolina

63 months ago

They say they don't & probably don't.........but they'll ask you how many have had in a life time.....that's how they screw you!! They say that 'cause of their ins. company, they can't hire anyone w/ that many(more than 1 in a life time). And it's not the truckin' company's........ it's the ins. companys.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

robert in Ferron, Utah

62 months ago

i got a dui in my car 1 year ago the dui was for my perscription
lartab i had a couple in my pocket when i got checked they where mine but i did not have my bottel with me i proofed they where mine and still got charged with dui i have been driving for 11 years good record that one time messed my life up need help love drivving

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Craig in California, Maryland

62 months ago

I have had 2 DUIs Someone told me that I cannot get a CDL is this true?
I know a company that would hire me if I had a CDL..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

henry47 in Spring Lake, North Carolina

62 months ago

The law in your state will determine that , in my state you can get your cdl's. Each state is different. I would love to have the name of that company though. Can you help?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

henry47 in Spring Lake, North Carolina

62 months ago

Ok We all know everyone on this site got dui problem; we all know its not the end of the world. So lets started helping if we can give theses men a second chance and help place them with a company. Most of theses guys are hard working truck drivers who maded a big mistake. Lets not punish them for the rest of their life. They have families who depend on them and I doubt if they will ever jeopardize their lively hood again. So lets reach out America and put theses men back to work. You might be surprise how much a dui change a man with cdl's. GOD BLESS- GOD FORGIVE- CAN YOU

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (33) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Craig in California, Maryland

62 months ago

I worked for the company before and I knew them a long time there located in Iowa the name is Philipp trucking they do dump trucking. I moved to Maryland because of the flood we had in 2008 and I lost my job hauling US mail .. do to the DUI .. I wasn't driving but I was sitting in my old girlfriends driveway we got into it and I went outside in 18 degrees so I was sitting in my car to stay warm... bummer

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

robert in Ferron, Utah

62 months ago

i dont now if you can get a cdl with 2 dui's but i do know if you had a cdl and got a 2 dui's you would loose if for life

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.