Nuclear Medicine Jobs

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

nucguy in Atlanta, Georgia

50 months ago

I have been a nuclear tech for sixteen years. My advice to anyone going into this field is DO Not Do It. The prospects in this field get worse every year, I was a travel tech for six years. I have always stayed on top of what is happening in this field. The jobs have all but dried up over the last five years
with no improvement in site. The healthcare institutions are merging and downsizing. My entire staff has had our hours cut to 64 perpay period. The NMTCB is allowing xray techs and CT techs to cross into PET killing the only growth in this field for current NM techs. Experience is a liability when they can draw on a pool of underworked or not working at all techs
willing to work for anything. During the heyday of this field greedy Colleges and training programs were each dumping 50 techs per yr out of there programs.
This did a huge diservice to the field. LOOK FOR SOMETHING ELSE! Pharmacist, PT, PA, anything. The NMTCB and greedy colleges have ruined this field!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

ilyamelamed in Brooklyn, New York

50 months ago

100%

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ryan in Pittsford, New York

29 months ago

Totally agree. I am a new grad and its near impossible to find a job. I was even willing to settle for per diam somewhere and cant even get that. Back to school for PA to rack up some more debt

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.