NM tech and AART in Radiology License

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Michelle in Los Angeles, California

61 months ago

Hi All,

I have a license in NM technology however, now a days every employers are looking for the additional of CT license. Could someone assist me with attending or obtaining that CT license? What is the quickest way? Is it to go back to radiology school and get the license or perhaps cross training somewhere?
Thank you for your help!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Brian30987 in Steubenville, Ohio

61 months ago

You dont need to go back to school to be CT licensed. Contact your local hospital and ask if you can do your CT clinials there ( make sure you have the state licensure in NM before you do your clinicals.) I did that and once I completed the exams which took about 4 weeks, I took the boards. You wont be able to do CT stand alone with just NM. If you want to do both CT and NM you have to do them fused SPECT/CT or PET/CT. IF you want to do stand alone CT you need to have your ARRT- Radiologic Technician license or X-ray to do CT (most hospitals wont even look at you to hire CT if you dont have X-ray training). I know that I did that and I got an interview and job because they saw that I had my CT license !! Good luck to you !!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.