NO JOBS

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (14)

raj in The Colony, Texas

38 months ago

Hi,I am a desperate gaduate in NMT.I completed Associate Degree in NMT in oct 09 and
got ARRT also,and I have been looking for a job since then.I never got an offer even
to attend an interview.I am not in a position to go back to school .I am willing to
work any where in US,but no hope.Everybody needs candidate with experience.But
if nobody gives us an opportunity even as a volunteer how can we get any experience.So we have now become non fresh ,but fresh graduate.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mattiemjk in Yorkville, Illinois

38 months ago

raj in The Colony, Texas said: Hi,I am a desperate gaduate in NMT.I completed Associate Degree in NMT in oct 09 and
got ARRT also,and I have been looking for a job since then.I never got an offer even
to attend an interview.I am not in a position to go back to school .I am willing to
if nobody gives us an opportunity even as a volunteer how can we get any experience.So we have now become non fresh ,but fresh graduate.

Raj, with employers receiving hundreds and hundreds of resumes for one Nuc Med position times are extremely tough for our field. It's oversaturated beyond belief. Raj you may want to see if you can try to pick up some (on call hours) at local hospitals. Many techs are willing to give up call hrs. They may want experience for taking call but it's worth a shot. Good Luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mary in Delray Beach, Florida

38 months ago

Totally agree with you! I graduated in Oct 2010 and wasn't able to find a job. I ended up taking a teaching job instead. So basically wasted time and money getting a degree in something I can't use. It's very frustrating that no one will give new graduates a chance. Why offer the degree if no one will hire!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

mattiemjk in Yorkville, Illinois

38 months ago

Mary, it's difficult even to find a Nuc Med job with experience right now. These schools are operating like it's the "hot" job market from 6-7 yrs ago. Prospective students really need to be informed that the days of the sign on bonus, great salary, and secure job are OVER in Nuc Med. With schools producing techs at record levels hospitals have the upper hand on us. Sorry you got caught in this trap.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Clermont, Florida

38 months ago

With more cuts to Medicare on the table right now, Nuc Med will get worse. Like mattiemjk said even with experience to find a position is a challenge for all techs. Hopefully, this will all come full circle. The schools here in Florida need to close. I recently heard a rumor that a local hospital was going to stop accepting students. If more hospitals would do this than we may have a chance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Mesa, Arizona

38 months ago

I am another recent Nuc Med graduate who has passed the boards and am certified. I graduated in May 2011 and so far have had 1 interview for a Nuc Med prn position which did not result in a job offer. I have sent my resume out to multiple companies and applied for several openings in the AZ and CA areas. Some people tell me not to give up, but clearly there is no job security in this field right now due to the market being over saturated. I knew when I started school that the job market was not good, but at the time everyone was blaming it on the fall of the housing market and I did not realize it was more than just a bad economy. I think there are too many new graduates and not enough new openings.
It has only been a couple of months since I have graduated but I have been watching the job boards since I began the program in 2009 and have never seen more than about 2 prn jobs posted at a time and virtually no full-time NMT positions for new grads in my area. I have not advanced in my career and I now have a student loan that I did not have before. Should I just cut my losses and move on???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

greg in Mansfield, Ohio

37 months ago

raj in The Colony, Texas said: Hi,I am a desperate gaduate in NMT.I completed Associate Degree in NMT in oct 09 and
if nobody gives us an opportunity even as a volunteer how can we get any experience.So we have now become non fresh ,butincemei too do not have theand exhavepersave the r
I graduated in fall 2009 too and have applied to hundreds of positions with no interviews. Do not think I will bother with renewal of arrt or CMNT and have no resources to go in another field.Besides getting good advice in the corrupt education field is like near the chances of winning the lottery. Would like to hear from others with similar experiences.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

unemployed cnmt in Cudahy, Wisconsin

37 months ago

I am a recent graduate with a bachelor's degree in nuclear medicine technology. There are no jobs available for new graduates-I have applied for jobs all over the nation without a single interview. It greatly frustrates me that schools continue to accept 20-30 students/year into a program with no job prospects. I have decide to cut my losses and move on. This fall I am pursuing a second degree in nursing. This is an unfortunate situation and schools should stop feeding students lies about a prosperous job market!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Cindy in Rawlins, Wyoming

33 months ago

One of the worst fields to get into in Radiology. Poor job prospects, expensive radioisotopes and usually no support form management. Stay away from this field. I regret the time and money spent to train as a NMT.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

freeman077 in North Tonawanda, New York

31 months ago

I am a recent graduate with a bachelor's degree from a reputable University in Nuclear Medicine Technology, obtaining ARRT and NMTCB in May 2011. First off I noticed when one of the deans from another field said after the graduation ceremony was over “I didn’t know they still had Nuclear Medicine..” I looked and applied in every city and state in the United States with full or part time postings, not even an interview was offered. I ran into problems when I went down south in person and found several hospitals in the rural areas that did away their nuclear medicine department altogether diverting them to the more central affiliated urban hospitals. They don’t take paper resumes to keep to be considered if someone left, they only post online now. Someone from the Alumni Association called asking for a donation of 250 dollars. I just have to say it’s almost been a year since graduation. The point of being upsetting over never finding even a single job offer in any city or state in the United States of America (despite being told something about Florida, California or Oregon by the staff) is sort of in the past by now. What is far worse is I didn’t see a way to save any face with CT or MRI with having anything more than a 0 % job (not research) growth rate – ( opposed to NMT at -50% growth.) Thus spending more dollars of even more money I don’t have to cross over and take the ARRT- (CT) challenge exam via certificate program seemed like a bad idea. If the staff had any caring for humanity or shred of decency should have said back when something could have been done if anyone is looking at this endeavor as a possible source of income to at least consider changing their major, even into something mildly useful these days like Business to save a shred of face.
At this time currently looking into what friends and family did in the past to stay afloat in times of dire financial need with Truck Driving CDL A as a way to pay the student loans rolling in.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

aan idk in topeka, Kansas

30 months ago

I am a CNMT who graduated in 2010 and still can't find a job. I have applied over 200 places and only got 3 interviews. In meantime I completed my Bachelors degree but still can't find anything. I am really worried now because no one will hire me knowing that my technical skills are diminishing and I haven't been in hospital in almost 2 years. This field is becoming pathetic and every program director who are misdirecting students should be ashamed. I don't know what to do or what route to take now. How do I land a position in Nuclear Medicine. I also don't want to change my career because this is something that I enjoy doing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

mattiemjk in Marco, Florida

30 months ago

aan idk,,

don't know what to tell you, Nuc Med is a complete train-wreck, no new jobs are being created, schools are still cranking, and the turnover is near 0 percent. Honestly, if you don't have a direct connection to a job through a friend, contact, recruiter, etc.. forget it. Employers are cherry picking the "ideal candidate" due to the oversaturated market, any red flag (2 yrs since clinicals etc..) resume immediately to the shred bin.

Sorry to seem kind of harsh, but its the reality. aan idk,, hopefully you can utilize your Bachelors Degree to find something outside of Nuc's that can offer a reliable paycheck and future.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

aan idk in topeka, Kansas

30 months ago

are there any extra training that I can do to get my foot in the door or just change my major? The problem is I really don't feel like going into Nursing because it's not something I like and not suitable for me and other career will take me 4 years which I cannot afford after investing over 20K in getting Nuclear Medicine degree and licensure. Any help Please..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

b@kary in Las Vegas, Nevada

22 months ago

Well I graduated May 2012 in Nuclear Medicine. I have applied everywhere and no one wants to hire with no expereience. Some of my classmates who know people are all working with full time jobs. So I think sometimes is not lack of jobs is who will sacrifice and hire you with no experience. I know people from the nursing field who have the same problem just becuase they have no expereience. So is not only nuclear medicine.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.