LVN Pay

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 317)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

jojo in Pico Rivera, California

86 months ago

I am thinking about going back to school for RN, but the wait is 2 years in the local colleges. If I choose to go to a trade school for LVN is the pay worth the loan I will pay? Is it a lot less than RN?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (141) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

oc lvn in Montebello, California

86 months ago

jojo in Pico Rivera, California said: I am thinking about going back to school for RN, but the wait is 2 years in the local colleges. If I choose to go to a trade school for LVN is the pay worth the loan I will pay? Is it a lot less than RN?

its worth it to be licensed. if you can't wait for rn right now go for your lvn there are a lot of places that have good pay for lvn and think abt going for your rn after that coz its worth it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

edna in Sacramento, California

80 months ago

How many months to take to be an LVN.I am a CNA right now but i am looking forward to go back to school. What are the requirements to be in the school.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Carin in Tustin, California

80 months ago

edna in Sacramento, California said: How many months to take to be an LVN.I am a CNA right now but i am looking forward to go back to school. What are the requirements to be in the school.

16 months for LVN program

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Carin in Tustin, California

80 months ago

Carin in Tustin, California said: 16 months for LVN program

You have to pass a test to be accepted to the school then the program is 16months minimum and it could be longer depending on what school you choose

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Shirley M Hampton in Dallas, Texas

80 months ago

I want to go school for the lvn , but i work
every day, so do you have night school class ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Nursing RN, BSN in Woodinville, Washington

79 months ago

10 fully accredited nursing schools, with no wait list.

LPN to BSN or LVN to BSN programs for working adults. Go to school online, take your clinicals locally.

Less expensive than most on-campus schools. Nationally known and recognized schools.

www.my-nursing-career.com/nursing-degrees/rn-to-bsn-nursing-degree-programs.html

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Gloria James in Austin, Texas

75 months ago

I have not gotten my GED or finish High School I am certified Nursing Assistant how can I go to school for LVN and get my license at the same time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

jojo in Fullerton, California

75 months ago

I don't understand your question. Your LVN license or your GED/Diploma for high school? You have to have a GED or high school diploma to go to any nursing school wether it be LVN or RN.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Art in Apple Valley, California

74 months ago

Some LVN schools will help you get your GED and then you go into the program, but from my understanding, you need the GED or High school diploma prior to getting into the program.

Jojo, if you go to school for LVN, you can do a test at a junior college to get into their RN program. Usually there is no waiting list, and you only do 1 year instead of 2 in the program. The LVN program I went to was 12 months.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Carolina in Chino, California

74 months ago

I was wondering if anyone knows if you science prerequisit courses are good after 18 years. eg microbiology, physiology. I am currently an lvn looking to jump into an rn program.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jojo in Whittier, California

74 months ago

I would make an appointment at a Junior College with a counselor, they will give you all the answers you need, instead of everyones opinion. You might be sent in the wrong direction. I have an appt tomorrow at 1pm at JC. I finish my LVN in December.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

jojo in Whittier, California

74 months ago

Carin in Tustin, California said: You have to pass a test to be accepted to the school then the program is 16months minimum and it could be longer depending on what school you choose

11 months full time for LVN in California @ an adult school.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

najiba in Fremont, California

74 months ago

Carolina in Chino, California said: I was wondering if anyone knows if you science prerequisit courses are good after 18 years. eg microbiology, physiology. I am currently an lvn looking to jump into an rn program.

I work for an LVN school. Your science classes would be good for 7 years and other General Education classes would be good for 10 years. So in your case you have to take them again...sorry

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

najiba in Fremont, California

74 months ago

edna in Sacramento, California said: How many months to take to be an LVN.I am a CNA right now but i am looking forward to go back to school. What are the requirements to be in the school.

LVN program for the school I work for is 15 months going full time. Requirements are a high school diploma or a GED and passing the entrance test.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jenny in Rancho Cucamonga, California

73 months ago

jojo in Whittier, California said: 11 months full time for LVN in California @ an adult school.

what adult schools offer lvn program?

roxanne in San Antonio, Texas

73 months ago

I was wondering if the pay in texas for lvn is worth me changing job titles in the med field. currently i am a lab tech and make 25000 a year. any info???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

k in Spring, Texas

73 months ago

my 2cent:
My wife was actually accepted and enrolled in the BSN program. things happened and we took another route.

why do you want a BSN? do you plan on going to get masters or phd in nursing?

If you only want to be a nurse and in need of making a decent living, then just go to a local community college and enroll in a program.

lvn: 12 months
lvn to rn transition: 12 mos
rn: 24 mos
bsn: 48-60 mos

the wife just graduated with lvn. 12 month program. Offered job making 21hr prior to graduation. graduates 08/05/08 wife is gonna work as an lvn and do LVN to RN transition.

Sister in law is an RN made over 100k last year (flexing 2 jobs). Rn's normally start around 25 to 35 / hr.

LVN's normally start from 18 to 21 / hr.

go for it!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Katrena in Wylie, Texas

71 months ago

YES...get an LVN to start!!!

I am currently in an LVN technical program. (currently a CNA) My inital goal was to go to a university and directly get an RN however, life happened and the I found this is the quickest rout. Due to the shortage of nurses you can get an LVN job quick and I know friends that are current LVN's get their RN bridge paid for!!

LVNs average 40,000 ann. so its a healthy start financialy (and you wont be in debt up to your eyeballs)

****also try to negotiate student loan repayment with your salary****

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

PAM W. in Lake Elsinore, California

71 months ago

jojo in Pico Rivera, California said: I am thinking about going back to school for RN, but the wait is 2 years in the local colleges. If I choose to go to a trade school for LVN is the pay worth the loan I will pay? Is it a lot less than RN?

Don't do it!! I have been an LVN for 10 years and wish I would have skipped it all together and just got my BSN. Lvn's make very little pay and job selection is not very good. After 10 years as an lvn I am only making $17/hr.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

nurse in Morristown, Tennessee

71 months ago

Pam w>-----No. LPN is very limited. Jobs are getting less and less. $8-$12 is normal per hr. unless agency- up to $15-18
Go for RN!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

foxybrown in West Hills, California

71 months ago

Art in Apple Valley, California said: Some LVN schools will help you get your GED and then you go into the program, but from my understanding, you need the GED or High school diploma prior to getting into the program.

Jojo, if you go to school for LVN, you can do a test at a junior college to get into their RN program. Usually there is no waiting list, and you only do 1 year instead of 2 in the program. The LVN program I went to was 12 months.

What program did you go to?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

Research LVN TO RN online with the college network through Indiana State University. If you are disciplined I would do this route. You can look at the websites for college network and ISU, its legit and its the ONLY online RN program in the U.S. that I am aware of, they are fully accredited and legit through the Nursing association. Let me know if you need a phone number.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

Oh and one more thing its for your BSN and its going to take you just about as long to get your AA at a Junior college because of the wait, why not come out with a Bachelors?

Rhod in Camarillo, California

71 months ago

Carin in Tustin, California said: 16 months for LVN program

Edna, I attended a 12 month program, 35 hours a week plus studying at night time. It included my pre reqs also. The school has a 92% pass rate for the NCLEX but a very high rate for failing out before graduating. $26,000 cost.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Rhod in Camarillo, California

71 months ago

jojo in Fullerton, California said: Research LVN TO RN online with the college network through Indiana State University. If you are disciplined I would do this route. You can look at the websites for college network and ISU, its legit and its the ONLY online RN program in the U.S. that I am aware of, they are fully accredited and legit through the Nursing association. Let me know if you need a phone number.

Jojo, They are the only online LVN to RN program in calif as of about a year ago but it is LVN to BSN, not RN.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

kristi in Anaheim, California

71 months ago

oc lvn in Montebello, California said: its worth it to be licensed. if you can't wait for rn right now go for your lvn there are a lot of places that have good pay for lvn and think abt going for your rn after that coz its worth it.

Hi there I wanted to let you know that I did ROP(regional occupational Program) it cost no more than 1,000 dollars for the whole year. That is including the uniforms. I am trying to get into an RN Program now.

ROP is located in anaheim california.

carolina in Chino, California

71 months ago

You're trying to get into an rn program through ROP?

71 months ago

I wish I could do an RN program through ROP. I did the LVN program through ROP. I am not sure if they have an RN program yet.

wandie in Fort Campbell, Kentucky

71 months ago

kristi in Anaheim, California said: Hi there I wanted to let you know that I did ROP(regional occupational Program) it cost no more than 1,000 dollars for the whole year. That is including the uniforms. I am trying to get into an RN Program now.

ROP is located in anaheim california.

What is this program? Is there an LVN to RN Program? What is the number?

Meagan Lupo in Wichita Falls, Texas

70 months ago

Well, the school here in wichita falls, texas (vernon college) costs about $7,000 and runs from January to December. I'm hoping to be able to start in January. Not sure how I'll pay for it yet tho...

70 months ago

Oh wow I'm excited for you. Is this the bridge program LVN to Rn program. I am actually looking into signing up for the West Coast University program located in Anaheim, CA. I will be enrolling next September. Its an 18 month course.

kristi in Downey, California

70 months ago

This is a bridge program, Supposely west coast isn't good for if you want to go on for your BSN

I looked into it at west coast university
cost 67000 dollars for 18months straight.....only breaks are holidays. and you get a AA in RN

This is College network goes through idianna university, and it is validated in california

cost for 2 years no more than 20 thousand....not too bad
you can start now ....that is the beauty of this....

i am telling you i love this program...let me tell you that you do need to be very dedicated and all is online....no teachers....
let me also tell you no lab in chem, anatomy, phsy or micro.....talk about awesome....

get yourself an appointment with them and you decide....it is pretty awesome....cause life happens....for example my mother died this year and was very hard to go to school.....yet i still went...the week after and took a test....Ludky me i still passed physiology with a C. But was very hard to do that..

with college network....if something happens....you dont need to take that test......till your ready....that is the best part.

And there is always help. If i need help i call the tutoring people...and they are all so willing to help me get through my courses if i don't understand a question. This program rocks

Kristi

70 months ago

So when you did you start the college network? And how much longer do you have to go for completion. Are taking physiology at a JC college?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

Hi there

I took phsysiology already at JC college.
I just need to take chem and micro yuck.

I just started last month so that is why I am still excited about the program.

70 months ago

I took micro, physiology, anatomy, chemistry, at a jc about 16 years ago, and i took a life span physiology course at cerritos college about 10 years ago, but I guess all these courses are all expired according to most jc. So thats why I opted to go to west coast university, but i'll check out the college network. It just gets frustrating. I was also enrolled through Dr. Freyes, RN fast track program through the excellsior program, then it was shut down the state board said it didn't meet certain credentials. So I lost around 2000.00.
Carolina.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

I feel terrible for you Carolina,

I wanted to let you know that college network doesn't care how old anything is....which is really cool. I took math 14 years ago and they accepted it, also took english and others not my science. I just took those last year. So i am not sure about it. Good luck to you. My first test is going to be Wed before thanksgiving.

Hopefully i will do okay

kristi

csheffield in Houston, Texas

70 months ago

Is anyone aware of LVN to BSN programs in Dallas, TX or vicinity?

carolina in Chino, California

68 months ago

yes, thats all just being having current lvn license.

Garey in Redlands, California

68 months ago

Carin in Tustin, California said: You have to pass a test to be accepted to the school then the program is 16months minimum and it could be longer depending on what school you choose

For me it was 12 months, 7-9 hours a day of theory and clinicals, five days a week with a heck of alot of studing nites and weekends.(forget about keeping a job) That included the prereqs like A&P, math, psych... After recieving our license, we go back to our school for three more days of IV certification and test. Cost $26,000 at a private school.

Destiny in Richardson, Texas

68 months ago

Has anyone heard of the Dallas Nursing Institute? I was wondering if the credits transfer, and in general how is the school?

mona in Anaheim, California

68 months ago

Hi ,

I'm from Anaheim and looking to go to nursing school. Where are you going and how much is it???
Any pre-requisite???

Thanks

Kat in Mansfield, Texas

68 months ago

Destiny in Richardson, Texas said: Has anyone heard of the Dallas Nursing Institute? I was wondering if the credits transfer, and in general how is the school?

No your credits will not transfer anywhere. If you want to get your RN after graduation you will have to retake any required prerequisites. However you do get credit for the LVN license so if you get accepted to an LVN-RN bridge program, you usually enter at the second year. Allnurses.com has a Texas nurses forum where you can find out more info on that school.

Deana in Joshua, Texas

67 months ago

Im 17 years old im wanting to know if i can just get my GED and go straight into school to become a LVN??

Or do I have to be older??

Kat in Arlington, Texas

67 months ago

Deana in Joshua, Texas said: Im 17 years old im wanting to know if i can just get my GED and go straight into school to become a LVN??

Or do I have to be older??

In Texas you have to be at least 18 years old to eligible for a nursing license. I'm thinking that with many schools you must be at least 18 to enter the program, but it definitely wouldn't hurt to call and find out for sure.

Christy in Lake Elsinore, California

66 months ago

PAM W. in Lake Elsinore, California said: Don't do it!! I have been an LVN for 10 years and wish I would have skipped it all together and just got my BSN. Lvn's make very little pay and job selection is not very good. After 10 years as an lvn I am only making $17/hr.

Hi pam I also live in Lake Elsinore and I have been contemplating taking an lvn program. I currently am in a billing and coding rop class so there's no cost or student loan yet have been told by many others I should go lvn. Do you think our area is why the pay isn't very high and jobs scarce? What about traveling to S.D. or going towards Loma Linda? My friend said she could get me in at Sharp in S.D. as admitting clerk now and starting near $17hr nights. Please let me know your opinion I'd appreciate it. Thanks so much, Christy

Wandie in Frankfort, Kentucky

66 months ago

Has anyone attended a hospital based rn diploma program? If so, how was your experience? Did you have alot of clinical time? Has anyone attended Galen College in San Antonio, TX? If so, did you have a positive experience there? I am an LPN with 6 years experience. I am seeking an RN program without ridicules prereqs & alot of clinical time. I hear alot of stories about RN 's that don't know how to do alot of procedures. Many of them say that they did more book work than actual clinicals.

Wandie in Frankfort, Kentucky

66 months ago

I am looking to relocate to California. I saw jobs on careerbuilder that offered pay @$20/hr +. Try carrerbuilder. What area are you currently working in? Maybe you could try another area. Hospice usually pays well. I really liked this area and it was the highest paying job I ever had. I only left it because my husband got transfered. I loved it. Good luck! Keep me posted. Try to apply for job in the big city. It may pay more. Who has a good LVN to RN Program in Cali?

kristi in Whittier, California

66 months ago

I make 20 dollars an hour as an LVN. I have worked for 5 years. You just need to be motivated to go to school.I think it is a good thing to start off as an LVN. Then go back to school. I am in school right now for RN going for my BSN.

kristi in Whittier, California

66 months ago

Right now i am doing college network, everything is done online. Everything is at your own pace. I really enjoy it. Prices are very reasonable

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.