What Schools Have The Best LVN Program In California??

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 124)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

Marv Z in Sunland, California

56 months ago

Freddie in Long Beach, California said: GCC's program is full-time. AMHS's program is part-time only. Call & check their pricing. GCC's price might be higher, but it's quicker and probably covers everything. AMHS's price might be lower, but in the long run you pay in in "lost opportunity" b/c you'll still be in school and racking up debt/expenses w/o the income potential of a shorter, comprehensive, all-inclusive course. I highly recommend that you VISIT THE CAMPUSES & ASK QUESTIONS. BTW, Concorde Career College in North Hollywood NCLEX pass rate was 92% in 2007. Just a thought....

tx freddie i joined the lvn program at glendale carreer college its pretty cheap, it is 25,000 plus there is grants and finacial aid. so around 20 it will finish.i start on sep 25. i dont like concord, i heard alot of stories plus i fought with the director his name is allen he is an ahole.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

VANESSA in Artesia, California

56 months ago

hI, DO YOU KNOW IF THAT SCHOOL IS ACCREDITED? im looking for a school,too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

VANESSA in Artesia, California

56 months ago

THATS SOUND GREAT! SO, YOU ARE JUST GOING TO PAY 20K FOR THE PROGRAM? IM WONDERING COZ AT AMERICAN CARREER COLLEGE IT IS 30K BUT I DONT HOW MUCH I WILL HAVE TO PAY AFTER i HAVE APPLIED FOR FINAN. AID...WELL, IM GONNA GO TO GLENDALE CARREER COLLEGE TO SEE HOW IT IS, BY THE WAY, DO YOU KNOW WHEN ARE THE NEXT CLASSES STARTING? and could you give me its web-site, coz i cant find it on google..thank you very much! vane

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Marv Z in Sunland, California

56 months ago

VANESSA in Artesia, California said: THATS SOUND GREAT! SO, YOU ARE JUST GOING TO PAY 20K FOR THE PROGRAM? IM WONDERING COZ AT AMERICAN CARREER COLLEGE IT IS 30K BUT I DONT HOW MUCH I WILL HAVE TO PAY AFTER i HAVE APPLIED FOR FINAN. AID...WELL, IM GONNA GO TO GLENDALE CARREER COLLEGE TO SEE HOW IT IS, BY THE WAY, DO YOU KNOW WHEN ARE THE NEXT CLASSES STARTING? and could you give me its web-site, coz i cant find it on google..thank you very much! vane

start sep 25/26 call them and ask for derrick he is a cool counselor/rep. just say marven send me.. he is really nice and helpful.. www.success.edu/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

kelloggy in Murrieta, California

55 months ago

Have any of you attended or or know anything about North-West College of Riverside Calif. Specificly their LVN program. Thank you, Kelly

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (43) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

maria in Hemet, California

54 months ago

kelloggy in Murrieta, California said: Have any of you attended or or know anything about North-West College of Riverside Calif. Specificly their LVN program. Thank you, Kelly

I went to visit the school in riverside, the classes are reasonable size, they will be moving to a bigger building in December. Northwest allows you to still receive unemployment and go to school, EDD is involved with the WIA program. The cost is about 22,000 and they have am classes that started 10-26-09 there night classes and weekends will begin in April 2010. To apply is just a simple assesment test.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Maria in San Bernardino, California

53 months ago

maria in Hemet, California said: I went to visit the school in riverside, the classes are reasonable size, they will be moving to a bigger building in December. Northwest allows you to still receive unemployment and go to school, EDD is involved with the WIA program. The cost is about 22,000 and they have am classes that started 10-26-09 there night classes and weekends will begin in April 2010. To apply is just a simple assesment test.

So have you actually been approved by WIA? I just sent in my report to WIA and my EDD career counselor says they probably wont even review it until March of 2010 and from there who knows how long they will take to approve it! Im trying to go to Concorde, LVN course is around 30K, if I go thru WIA it will be about 20K. Do you know of anyone that is going to school thru WIA?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

desshken730 in Lake Forest, California

53 months ago

Yeah I'm going to Concorde career college through WIA program the total cost is 18,985.00. It takes about two months to go through thee WIA program and they don't except every one.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

53 months ago

Yeah I'm going to Concorde career college through WIA program the total cost is 18,985.00. It takes about two months to go through thee WIA program and they don't except every one.

Are you going to Concorde in San bernardino? When do you start the LVN course? Thanks for the info.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

jodi in Los Angeles, California

53 months ago

I am going to Northwest in Riverside. Where do I apply for the WIA at? do i do that at the school or at the unemployment office?

53 months ago

jodi in Los Angeles, California said: where do you apply for the WIA program?

When do you start your course? How long from the day you signed up for WIA did you get approved? Did you have to keep calling them for an update on your approval?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

53 months ago

jodi in Los Angeles, California said: I am going to Northwest in Riverside. Where do I apply for the WIA at? do i do that at the school or at the unemployment office?

WIA (Workforce Investment Act) is a program thru the unemployment office, you must first call them an make an appointment to go to an orientation about the program, from there you will be appointed a case worker. From there your case worker will schedule you for an interview about the type of course you would like to attend (must be an eligible training program thru EDD & a job in demand) and then prepare your application to go the WIA panel, once you get approved they will pay some of the tuition. From my understanding you can not start school on your own as they will not fund you any money if you have already taken on the loan you must first get approved and then start the training. It’s a long process and you must be collecting unemployment from the day you sign up till the day you get approved - also the main thing is that you must request WIA or CTB (extended unemployment benefits while you are attending school) in the first 16 weeks you are on unemployment. Hope this helps :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jenna in Riverside, California

52 months ago

The B.A.O in Montclair, California said: Do your research as the subject you're asking about is very OLD. If you put some effort into finding the answer you're looking for just search in this forum. If you're too lazy to look for such then you're obviously not going to do well in any nursing program. Kids dont be lazy, the Entitlement generation/mypace era is not going to get you far in the life.

wow. Thanks for the info, Grandma. Why don't you get off of your flimsy soap box and try to offer information rather than shoot down someone who is curious? Get off of this forum.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

kelloggy in Lake Elsinore, California

51 months ago

The B.A.O in Montclair, California said: Do your research as the subject you're asking about is very OLD. If you put some effort into finding the answer you're looking for just search in this forum. If you're too lazy to look for such then you're obviously not going to do well in any nursing program. Kids dont be lazy, the Entitlement generation/mypace era is not going to get you far in the life.

Hopefully you are just another retired burnt out nurse and aren`t around to many people you might need to communicate nicely to.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

atraba in Panorama City, California

51 months ago

I graduated from the LAUSD program. It cost me about $1500 dollars total. That's right, $1500. They choose the most qualified students, so odds of getting in are 15 spots out of 400-600 applicants.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

jodi in Ontario, California

51 months ago

has anyone been to Northwest college or heard of anyone who has? any feedback would be helpful!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

kelloggy in Lake Elsinore, California

51 months ago

I am there now . I think it`s A GREAT SCHOOL. THEY NEED HELP WITH THE sos CLASS AND 4TH TERM TEACHER BUT ALL IN ALL i`M VERY HAPPY THERE.GOOD LUCK.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jodi in West Covina, California

51 months ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

jodi in West Covina, California

51 months ago

kelloggy in Lake Elsinore, California said: I am there now . I think it`s A GREAT SCHOOL. THEY NEED HELP WITH THE sos CLASS AND 4TH TERM TEACHER BUT ALL IN ALL i`M VERY HAPPY THERE.GOOD LUCK.....

oh wow, I start in March..... I am so nervous about the program and I was told that they wont even take all of the students in the first 3 weeks....can you tell me what to expect and what I should be studying before i get in....any helpful hints would be great!

nurslette

51 months ago

I attend maxine waters. It is a tough program to both get into and complete. They only accept 15 students per class out of thousands that apply. The school is very inexpensive. About 2500 dollars including the nclex fees. The teachers and the faculty are very demanding of the students. Not because of status but because they aren't scamming people for thousands of dollars. They have a better motive. That includes not turning out any half wit nurses that kill your mother on accident because of a stupid error. Seriously people, this is not a profession to be taken lightly. If you don't have the chops and think you want this because it's a paycheck and a steady job, please look elsewhere. You are a discrace to the field. I've seen too many patients get treated like animals and it disgusts me! If you have to pay thousands of dollars for a private school because one of the schools like mine wouldn't accept you, chances are you are one of those people. However, if you think you have what it takes to give up a full year of your life, heart and soul to learn everything you can about being an lvn. This includes 2-4 hrs of sleep a night due to the heavy reading and hw load, then the best chance you have is if you score high on the entance exam. Go to the library or bookstore, get a GED book and brush up on your math and english skills. Get perfect scores in both when you take the test. Come to the interview looking like you mean business but be humble and give respect. Be prepared to state that you will not be working because school is your #1 priority and be prepared to really quit any job you have that's the only way you will have time to get good grades and make it. Be prepared to feel very small and like you weren't liked at all. And pray everyday that you get in. That's what I did.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

blankee in Lincoln, California

50 months ago

I'm enrolled in Kaplan college in Sacramento for 30k. I think it's one of the fastest and cheapest routes. I've looked into other schools for half the price, but they are not well recognized.

nurslette in Corona Del Mar, California

50 months ago

blankee in Lincoln, California said: I'm enrolled in Kaplan college in Sacramento for 30k. I think it's one of the fastest and cheapest routes. I've looked into other schools for half the price, but they are not well recognized.

my school is very well recognized as being one of the hardest programs to get into and has a consistent pass rate of 100%. I only paid 2500 and my school offers a pell grant which most students get 4500 for. So basically students get paid to go to a school that is extremely organized, is accredited and has an excellent reputation. 30 thousand is a joke. They ripped you off but I'm sure you will get a great education anyway.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jdub in Sun City, California

49 months ago

Nurslette what is the name of your very well recognized as being one of the hardest programs ??????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Suzi_Q in Los Angeles, California

48 months ago

Does anyone know about Marain college in van nuys? I'm looking for a good part time school. Having trouble finding the right one that actually teaches their students and has a high percentage rate on passing the boats exam. Please help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

DARCIE in Canyon Country, California

48 months ago

Has anyone received their acceptance letter from NVOC for the September 2010 LVN program? I am still waiting for mine.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Bella

47 months ago

maria in Hemet, California said: I went to visit the school in riverside, the classes are reasonable size, they will be moving to a bigger building in December. Northwest allows you to still receive unemployment and go to school, EDD is involved with the WIA program. The cost is about 22,000 and they have am classes that started 10-26-09 there night classes and weekends will begin in April 2010. To apply is just a simple assesment test.

how are you liking the program???

lala in Van Nuys, California

47 months ago

DARCIE in Canyon Country, California said: Has anyone received their acceptance letter from NVOC for the September 2010 LVN program? I am still waiting for mine.

I have an interview for the LVN program at NVOC. What kind of questions did they ask you?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

nurse.in.training in Covina, California

47 months ago

Can anyone tell me if they have heard anything negative about the LVN program at North West College?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

nurse.in.training in Covina, California

47 months ago

Can anyone tell me if they have heard anything negative about the LVN program at North West College?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

meeh in Bronx, New York

46 months ago

yes i went there and its a hard program you cant get C only A's and B's and you have to compete for your fellow classmates to get high grades. we start 50 then down to 30 then I know they are cutting till the end of the term. the last graduating class are only 14. so if you are not that serious and don't have the time and guts to do that i will rethink of another school. goodluck

Jynx in Hemet, California

45 months ago

RE: Northwest College or any other colleges nearby Hemet. Has anyone went there that was through Vocational Rehab. or on the PASS PLAN through SSA? How much did you have to pay out of your pocket? I am wanting to attend because I have waited 2 years to get into MSJC and still wasn't able to get into any of the classes this year they filled up before my registration date. I need suggestions! Thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

crissel in Buena Park, California

45 months ago

what do you think about American College? will have an appointment tommorow.

mimi in Oakland, California

44 months ago

does anyone know about lvn programs in northern california? I am in the san francisco/bay area.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

marishka in Rancho Cucamonga, California

44 months ago

can someone PLEASE tell me how to post a question on a forum. I can't find the "new thread" or post sign. i'm lost

elle in Perris, California

44 months ago

I saw mentioned on here about WIA program. Someone said you had to apply by 16 wks of unemployment. I'm past that..Does anyone know if there is any other way to get on WIA or any kind of approval for a training program while on EDD..particulary in nursing? Is WIA specifically for reduction in tuition or is it to get unemployment benefits while in school? I am specifically interested in getting EDD benefits while attending school as I have not found a job yet after 6 months and have now decided I should retrain for another career.The tuition help would be nice but IDK if I would qualify based on my previous income while working. anyone know about this? Thanks in advance.

Almondeye$ in Riverside, California

43 months ago

nurse.in.training in Covina, California said: Can anyone tell me if they have heard anything negative about the LVN program at North West College?

hello there, I have not heard anything bad abt this school. Actually I kno three people that are attending/graduated from this school and one of the students got hired @ my job where I wk as a Med-Tech. Also my secondary job recommended this school to me. I did some research and they have a 98% placement after externship...thats great!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bleu in Lake Elsinore, California

43 months ago

DARCIE in Canyon Country, California said: Hi, do you have the number for Maxine Waters? Also, is there an age range that this program is accepting? Thanks

Wow darcie, Your right it is tuff and thier are alot of bad nurses out there, but i don`t think a nurse with a bad attitude is any good either . I`m glad you think your school is the best but is it ??! Their again only your oppinion...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

beautyme in Valley Village, California

43 months ago

has anybody heard of the jewish home is a nusery home for older people but they offer lvn courses and it is 22k they offer financial aid i am deciding to go there, or kaplan

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jlou15 in Glendale, California

42 months ago

I went to Marain college in van nuys. They use to have fri-sun sched. i thinkthey changed now to thur-fri weekend sched. hours are ok if you don't have work on those days. and teachers do teach and are available for conusltation after school hours. they have good pass rate on boards. i just passed mine and waiting for my license.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

JANNINE in Reseda, California

41 months ago

Marv Z in Sunland, California said: I want to find out what schools have the best lvn program. I live around glendale/burbank/north hollywood. Has any one gone to private college called Glendale carrer college or Allied Medical And Health Services inc? What schools did you guys finish at?

LA JOB CORPS HAS 100% LVN PASSING RATE. AND THE BEST THING ABOUT IT IS..ITS FREEEEEE!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

farah j in Woodland Hills, California

38 months ago

im wondering if anyone has heard of california career center for LVN they are on Owensmouth..... i just ant to see if anyone has any feedback, im thinking of going to Concorde for their LVN, but its far... california career college is closer, accredited 76% passing but dont know much else about it,.... any help would be great!

Joe McAteer

37 months ago

kelloggy in Murrieta, California said: Have any of you attended or or know anything about North-West College of Riverside Calif. Specificly their LVN program. Thank you, Kelly

Male sure you check the pass rates on any school your thinking of atttending. There at the vocational nursing website. You can see what schools have the best rates and their contact info. Beleive me there are a lot more poor ones than good ones. RCC in Riverside is probably the best. Happy hunting :>)

farah jallili in Woodland Hills, California

36 months ago

Marv Z in Sunland, California said: I want to find out what schools have the best lvn program. I live around glendale/burbank/north hollywood. Has any one gone to private college called Glendale carrer college or Allied Medical And Health Services inc? What schools did you guys finish at?

hi
i had a friend that went to glendale career college and she loved it, so if you can get in, good for you, do it and stick to it, its a good school.

36 months ago

LOOK ANY SCHOOL YOU GO TO IS THE SAME , THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO LOOK AT IS THE PASSING RATE FOR THE STATE EXAM, FORGET ABOUT THE NAME OR THE COST OR ANYTHING ELSE, THE PASSING RATE IS IMPORTANT, IM GOING TO CASA LOMA COLLEGE IN THE VALLEY STARTING IN JULY, I WAS SUPPOSED TO BE IN BY APRIL BUT IT WAS OVER PACKED AND I WAS CHOSEN AS AN ALTERNATE BECAUSE OF A PRIOR DUI. ANYWAY, IM IN FOR JULY AND THEY HAVE A VERY VERY HIGH PASSING RATE FOR THE STATE EXAM.... GOOD LUCK WHATEVER YOU CHOOSE, THE POINT IS GETTING IN, THE REST IS UP TO YOU,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

36 months ago

beautyme in Valley Village, California said: has anybody heard of the jewish home is a nusery home for older people but they offer lvn courses and it is 22k they offer financial aid i am deciding to go there, or kaplan

PLEASE........... DO NOT GO ANYWHERE THATS NOT ACCREDITED, IT WILL BE A WASTE OF YOUR TIME...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sarah in Ventura, California

36 months ago

Hi Mary,

My name is Sarah and I have been an RN for 4 years. I recently moved to Los Angeles as a travel nurse and have since begun work as a health and wellness coach. I would love to give you information on this career area as it looks as if you are searching for an outlet to help people. We run community weigh loss challenges and do one on one health assessments. I love nursing, but feel completely fulfilled with my health coaching job. It's very flexible and can be done around a full time work or student schedule. Look forward to hearing back from you!

Sarah
shiggs32@gmail.com

lindsay in Arlington, Texas

36 months ago

Casa Loma College is a great school. I attended their Ultrasound Program and it was hard, but the teachers were awesome and always there to help.
I had friends do the LVN course and they loved it!! I know there is full time and part time courses, so they will work with you to help you decide which is best.
Good Luck!!

happylagirl in los angeles, California

35 months ago

Hello, has anyone heard or attended Angeles College of Nursing in Los Angeles CA. Haven't been able to find any reviews on the school but they're tution is pretty low. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

monkeydude9987 in Modesto, California

34 months ago

has any one attended either of the following colleges?

kaplan college stockton,ca?
westmed college merced,ca?

what are your thoughts?
would you recommend them?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Liset in Baldwin Park, California

32 months ago

Hello, can someone tell me if the LVN program at Concorde Career College in San Bernardino is any good? The admissions rep informed me that the passing rate is 81%. However, the program is around $30,000 for the full time classes (12 months). Please let me know if you are currently attending this school, or have graduated and passed the exam. Thank you!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.