IV Therapy Course

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (40)

Nicolicious in Brea, California

75 months ago

Does anyone know where I can take an IV course for certification in Orange County?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (35) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Yvonne Ramirez in Garden Grove, California

75 months ago

I took a combination course for IV therapy AND blood withdrawal at a place in Orange, called Genesis Medical. I would highly recommend it. I had never started an IV before taking the course so I was very nervous but they start with the basics and by the end of the class, you'll feel like a pro. The instructor was great. (Ask for Sherri)

The phone number that I have for them is (714) 971-0964

Hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Nicolicious in Brea, California

75 months ago

Yvonne Ramirez in Garden Grove, California said: I took a combination course for IV therapy AND blood withdrawal at a place in Orange, called Genesis Medical. I would highly recommend it. I had never started an IV before taking the course so I was very nervous but they start with the basics and by the end of the class, you'll feel like a pro. The instructor was great. (Ask for Sherri)

The phone number that I have for them is (714) 971-0964

Hope this helps.

Perfect!! Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I'll give them a call. :O)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Olga

72 months ago

Nicolicious in Brea, California said: Does anyone know where I can take an IV course for certification in Orange County?

Look up Infusion Knowledge.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Angee in Chino Hills, California

72 months ago

Contact North Orange County ROP located in Anaheim. The course is usually offered in the summer after their year long LVN course.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

SD New Grad in San Diego, California

71 months ago

I also took a course that is a combination of IV and blood withdrawal. It was a one day course that lasted about 10 hours. Prior to that you are required to do 27 hours of self-study with the information that is sent to you by email from the instructor. I had a better experience in learning techniques in this one day course as compared to what I learned in nursing school. The class only cost me $220. If you currently work for a hospital, research to find out if they can reimburse you.
Here is the website w/ more info www.nursingtransitions.com/socal.htm

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Rachel Rose in San Clemente, California

58 months ago

You can get your IV and blood withdrawal cirtificate done as well as BLS at Genesis Medical Education Consultants located in Orange, CA and Long Beach, CA

www.genesismecshop.com/aboutus.asp

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Angee in Camarillo, California

58 months ago

Nicolicious in Brea, California said: Does anyone know where I can take an IV course for certification in Orange County?

Also, North Orange County ROP offers the course.

Here is the link.... www.nocrop.us/tech/summerfeeclasses.htm

Here is the excerpt:

Intravenous Therapy
This course is designed to introduce students to the scientific principles and clinical practice of intravenous therapy. The students will be able to initiate venipuncture, care for and maintain IV sites, and assess complications.

Prerequisite: Vocational Nursing program completion with proof of certification and/or RN/LVN license current within one year. No book fee.

52290 • 8/3-8/7 M-F 8:30p-4:00p Trident Ed Center Addison Class fee: $250 Phone TBA

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

slcrawford1 in Dallas, Texas

58 months ago

Does anyone know where I can take an LVN IV CERTIFICATION COURSE or IV VALIDATION course? I am in Dallas TX and interested in expanding my nursing for more opportunities.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (51) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

Vashion in Jacksonville, Florida

56 months ago

I am still looking for a good iv therapy with blood withdrawel program in Jacksonville, Florida. I also need an ACLS class with out going out of town or at least something that is near to home. Please help!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

shanti in Palmdale, California

56 months ago

anyone who knows where to have an IV therapy training for RNs in Van nuys or within the LA area?

Thanks in advance:-)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

tpirtle3 in Houston, Texas

49 months ago

Any IV therapy courses in the Houston Texas area?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

umuteteli in Gaithersburg, Maryland

47 months ago

Any IV therapy courses in the Washington Metropolitan area?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

IV Nurse in Tyler, Texas

47 months ago

tpirtle3 in Houston, Texas said: Any IV therapy courses in the Houston Texas area?

Try online IV therapy education @ www.quipsites.com/pedagogy They have a Basic IV class, Central Lines class, TPN, CRBSI prevention. All courses offer CE. Check-offs/competencies are completed by your employer. Print your certificate after successful completion of the course.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

IV Nurse in Tyler, Texas

47 months ago

slcrawford1 in Dallas, Texas said: Does anyone know where I can take an LVN IV CERTIFICATION COURSE or IV VALIDATION course? I am in Dallas TX and interested in expanding my nursing for more opportunities.

Try online education. Visit www.quipsites.com/pedagogy
This company offers several IV therapy courses from basics to advanced. All offer CE's. Print your certificate as soon as you pass the test.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Kismet in Sacramento, California

46 months ago

I'm a new nurse and i'd like to be trained in IV therapy. Please hlep me find such course here in Sacramento, CA. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

btucker in Hattiesburg, Mississippi

45 months ago

tpirtle3 in Houston, Texas said: Any IV therapy courses in the Houston Texas area?

did you find a class for iv certification? I am relocating to Houston and in need of a class.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

CISCO in Rosemead, California

44 months ago

I TOOK A GREAT IV AND BLOOD DRAW CLASS FROM HEALTHPRO EDUCATION IN CORONA, THEY ARE NOT IN ORANGE COUNTY BUT THEY ARE RIGHT OFF OF THE 91 AT MAIN STREET. THE EDUCATOR WAS SO PROFESSIONAL AND I LEARNED SO MUCH I ALSO TOOK MY ACLS AND PALS THERE...THE MOST FRIENDLY LEARNING ENVIRONMENT THAT I HAVE EVER BEEN IN

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

tpirtle3 in Houston, Texas

44 months ago

No, still no IV certification courses in Houston. It appears you don't need to be certified, just provided on job training with competency check off by your employer.

If anyone knows something different for Houston, Texas, please let us know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lavon in Pearl, Mississippi

44 months ago

Any IV Cert classes coming up in the Mississippi area?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Futurelpnjax in Blythewood, South Carolina

43 months ago

Vashion in Jacksonville, Florida said: I am still looking for a good iv therapy with blood withdrawel program in Jacksonville, Florida. I also need an ACLS class with out going out of town or at least something that is near to home. Please help!

Did you check with FSCJ North Campus? I know in the past they provided a IV certification course for LPNS on Saturdays

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Samantha in Sacramento, California

42 months ago

Those of you looking for a class in California, go to the bvnpt website which lists all approved iv therapy courses. www.bvnpt.ca.gov/education/schools/iv_providers.shtml
I'm sure that other states have this information available to them on their websites as well. If it doesn't, you should be able to call your state licensing board ( you may have to be on hold for a long time) to find your answers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mike in Roseville, California

41 months ago

Central valley medical has a good program
www.central-valley-med.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

41 months ago

www.central-valley-med.com
its is closer and you can get a good room rate at Springhill Suites Madera 93637 $39/night. Just mention Central Valley Medical

41 months ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

madaamsparkle in Victorville, California

41 months ago

CISCO in Rosemead, California said: I TOOK A GREAT IV AND BLOOD DRAW CLASS FROM HEALTHPRO EDUCATION IN CORONA, THEY ARE NOT IN ORANGE COUNTY BUT THEY ARE RIGHT OFF OF THE 91 AT MAIN STREET. THE EDUCATOR WAS SO PROFESSIONAL AND I LEARNED SO MUCH I ALSO TOOK MY ACLS AND PALS THERE...THE MOST FRIENDLY LEARNING ENVIRONMENT THAT I HAVE EVER BEEN IN

Do you have there number or website?

madaamsparkle in Victorville, California

41 months ago

Hello I just wanted to know the number or website

Luzerian@aol.com in Downey, California

41 months ago

CISCO in Rosemead, California said: I TOOK A GREAT IV AND BLOOD DRAW CLASS FROM HEALTHPRO EDUCATION IN CORONA, THEY ARE NOT IN ORANGE COUNTY BUT THEY ARE RIGHT OFF OF THE 91 AT MAIN STREET. THE EDUCATOR WAS SO PROFESSIONAL AND I LEARNED SO MUCH I ALSO TOOK MY ACLS AND PALS THERE...THE MOST FRIENDLY LEARNING ENVIRONMENT THAT I HAVE EVER BEEN IN

can you provide info. im interested

nicolicious81 in Torrance, California

41 months ago

Thanks for all the responses!! I did in fact take the IV & Blood Withdrawal Cert. course at Genesis Medical. It was a great course!! The instructor was fantastic!! She was very knowledgeable and kept the class lively. I like the course so much I've gone back and taken a few other courses (EKG, ACLS & PALS). All were fantastic. I would definitely recommend them to anyone.

To anyone who is out of CA, looking for IV or other CE courses, I'd recommend that you check with the board in your state. They should have a list for you of certified providers.

Thanks again to everyone for your responses. The advice was very helpful!!

~Nicki

Mike in Sacramento, California

41 months ago

central-valley-med.com holds IV Classes, and EKG classes. great instructor as well. good prices

dandat in Los Angeles, California

40 months ago

Does anybody know where to get a Provider's course in teaching the IV Therapy? I have the knowledge and skills to start IV's, but I need a Providers course so I can get a certificate to teach it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

as in Houston, Texas

39 months ago

tpirtle3 in Houston, Texas said: No, still no IV certification courses in Houston. It appears you don't need to be certified, just provided on job training with competency check off by your employer.

If anyone knows something different for Houston, Texas, please let us know.

Houston Community College offers IV Therapy Certification Courses. And you DO need to be certified.

as in Houston, Texas

39 months ago

btucker in Hattiesburg, Mississippi said: did you find a class for iv certification? I am relocating to Houston and in need of a class.

Houston COmmunity COllege

terryntexas in Houston, Texas

39 months ago

Did you find out? I need one in or around Houston, TX

marcia pery in Sayville, New York

34 months ago

I need one around long Island,NY

newnurse in Corona, California

30 months ago

shanti in Palmdale, California said: anyone who knows where to have an IV therapy training for RNs in Van nuys or within the LA area?

Thanks in advance:-)

I took an IV course in Corona just off the 91 freeway,it is not too far from Orange or LA county I have never been in such a relaxed learning environment, the educator has years of experience and was such a great teacher, I will go there for all my classes.I just told some friends that are new Graduates to go there, she is having another class in November..HealthPro Education www.hpec.org

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Nancynurse in Sacramento, California

27 months ago

I need one in Sacramento area

simplythebesthc in San Bernardino, California

12 months ago

Simply The Best Healthcare Academy can provide IV Therapy and Blood Withdrawal in San Bernardino, CA. www.simplythebesthc.com

Jenna Peterson in DFW, Texas

10 months ago

I took a great IV Therapy course at <p><a href="elitenurses.us/" rel="nofollow">Elite Medical Academy</a> You can also check them out at www.elitenurses.us

Richard in Van Nuys, California

6 months ago

Genesis Medical Education Consultants services California's RNs and LVNs with a weekend course that certifies in both IV Therapy and Blood Withdrawal, and provides Continuing Education Hours toward license renewal. All State paperwork and certificates are received on site, and Genesis submits all paperwork to the State on the student's behalf. Discounts for Facebook friends, Groups of three or more, and student referrals. All information can be found at GenesisMEC.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.