Foreign applicants to become RN

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 55)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Thanh Do in San Jose, California

77 months ago

I am writing this on behalf of a friend. She is a perioperative registered nurse in Vietnam. What are the specific steps to become an RN in California or Texas.

What are steps to
1) have transcript evaluation, credential evaluation.
2) take and pass NCLEX exam
3) Others ....

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (320) / No (69) Reply - Report abuse

joka babic

76 months ago

I was an RN in Bosnia And Herzegovina and i came to the States 10 years ago. I took an LPN license 4 years ago which gave me an opportunity to work in rehabilitation hospital. I would like to take RN license in California so what are the procedures for me to do so ?

Thanks !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (132) / No (28) Reply - Report abuse

yangree shrama in davis, California

60 months ago

Hi...
i am a RN nepal(notusa) i want to be lvn in usa woh to get lvn licence

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (156) / No (31) Reply - Report abuse

gahuks in Spring, Texas

55 months ago

I am a registered Nurse down in Nigeria my country,I am opputuned to be in Houston on a 5 weeks training in Dialysi, going back on 2nd of June 2010.
How do I process the texas state NCLEX examination while in Nigeria, and how much do I need to spend from registering to writing the NCLEX exams.
Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (237) / No (57) Reply - Report abuse

Marjana Gribencha in Sacramento, California

54 months ago

I am a Medical doctor from Ukraine, and I want to know what steps I have to take to become a RN in the USA.If someone has already done this please share your experience.How much money will it cost? Are there special cources to prepare for NCLEX exam? What is the NCLEX exam involved?
Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (357) / No (71) Reply - Report abuse

appol in Agoura Hills, California

54 months ago

you can email me-kabiden3@att.net
i am from russia

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

RN in Hanson, Massachusetts

54 months ago

Marjana Gribencha in Sacramento, California said: I am a Medical doctor from Ukraine, and I want to know what steps I have to take to become a RN in the USA.If someone has already done this please share your experience.How much money will it cost? Are there special cources to prepare for NCLEX exam? What is the NCLEX exam involved?
Thank you.

To take the NCLEX you have graduate from nursing school, medical school is not the same as nursing school. Since you have a medical degree you could take an accelerated BSN program. Check with the state you wish to apply, most states will have your schooling evaluated for nursing courses ( not medical) and you may have to take an English exam.

Once you get permission to sit for the NCLEX exam there are many courses for review such as Kaplan. Foreign Nursing Graduates pass at 40% rate. Also nursing positions are hard to find.

But why not take the USMLE? Doctors get paid more money and there are more opportunities.

Also unless you have permanent status you will be stuck in the retrogression line.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Regina,Chicago in Wheeling, Illinois

54 months ago

Hi, I am a registered nurse from Ukraine.CGFNS gave me evaluation and I need to pass TOEFLe with the new higher score/83/ and I CAN'T. I tried so many times, took a different courses and nothing help.Internet base exam is sooo hard and my score doesn't go higher then 76.Maybe some one has any ideas how I can scip this or empruve my english scills. I am to old to go back to school and I need to take CGFNs and NCLEX as well.I am very stressed.For the Paper base exam is very hard to registered, because it's only few times a year and fill it up prety fast.Please, help me with any advise.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (65) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

Valentyna in Kiev, Ukraine

54 months ago

Regina,Chicago in Wheeling, Illinois said: Hi, I am a registered nurse from Ukraine.CGFNS gave me evaluation and I need to pass TOEFLe with the new higher score/83/ and I CAN'T. I tried so many times, took a different courses and nothing help.Internet base exam is sooo hard and my score doesn't go higher then 76.Maybe some one has any ideas how I can scip this or empruve my english scills. I am to old to go back to school and I need to take CGFNs and NCLEX as well.I am very stressed.For the Paper base exam is very hard to registered, because it's only few times a year and fill it up prety fast.Please, help me with any advise.

Hi! I am also Ukrainian but just trying to find way to get in USA for working as a nurse. I don't know if it help you, every yeaar you can find in book store new book how to pass TOEFL (it is with DVD), there a lot of information, many practical lessons, listening. Good luck for you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

appol in Agoura Hills, California

54 months ago

Regina,Chicago in Wheeling, Illinois said: Hi, I am a registered nurse from Ukraine.CGFNS gave me evaluation and I need to pass TOEFLe with the new higher score/83/ and I CAN'T. I tried so many times, took a different courses and nothing help.Internet base exam is sooo hard and my score doesn't go higher then 76.Maybe some one has any ideas how I can scip this or empruve my english scills. I am to old to go back to school and I need to take CGFNs and NCLEX as well.I am very stressed.For the Paper base exam is very hard to registered, because it's only few times a year and fill it up prety fast.Please, help me with any advise.

hi. in Ca you don't need TOEFL to be RN. But you need to be a legal resident.
i am Russian to and i get my RN.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

appol in Agoura Hills, California said: hi. in Ca you don't need TOEFL to be RN. But you need to be a legal resident.
i am Russian to and i get my RN.

Hello, thank's for your advise, but I did send my papers to CA and guess what,I've been told that I need to take courses for OB and phycology, but for CGFNS all my credentials was good and still with CA lisence you can work only in CA and must to take TOEFL if you want to practice in others states. I am a US citizen for over 10 years.Thank's so much for your respond.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

Valentyna in Kiev, Ukraine said: Hi! I am also Ukrainian but just trying to find way to get in USA for working as a nurse. I don't know if it help you, every yeaar you can find in book store new book how to pass TOEFL (it is with DVD), there a lot of information, many practical lessons, listening. Good luck for you!

Hello Valusha, thank's but I've been working on this for over two years,any possible books from stores or private teachers, nothing helped.I speak only Engl. at home and at work, I just don't have a luck..For you, it is very hard to get a job in US and some agencys can offer you a help, but it could be scam or you'll loose the money.I'v seen some RN from other countries who came and they couldn't get a job.Now is very bad time with economy and US graduated RN can't get a job.You know what, if you under 40 and you have US nursing lisence , you can go to US army.Try to go on www.USarmy.com ,I am to old for them but for you it could be a chance...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Galyna,

52 months ago

Marjana Gribencha in Sacramento, California said: I am a Medical doctor from Ukraine, and I want to know what steps I have to take to become a RN in the USA.If someone has already done this please share your experience.How much money will it cost? Are there special cources to prepare for NCLEX exam? What is the NCLEX exam involved?
Thank you.

Hi, I don't now your name. I am from Ukraine, come to US whith nursing degree. None of my credit was accepted, so I start from begining.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

yasha in Loveland, Ohio

48 months ago

Hello to everyone,
I have graduated from 3 year nursing program after 8 years of my secondary school in Ukraine. When I submitted my application for the Illinois RN license, CGFNS completed my course by course evaluation of education, and stated that I can be considered ONLY for the freshman admission to most colleges and universities in the United States. Stating that there is no comparable program of study in the US because it is only 11 years of total education. This made my education completely non-satisfactory for the RN license application in almost all states that require CGFNS CES evaluation, unless I repeat nursing program in the US. Few years ago I had my education evaluated for the entrance to the college by World Education Services and they stated my nursing education after 8 years of school is equal to the secondary school and associate degree equivalency.
Has anyone encountered the same problem? What did you do to resolve it?

I am desperately looking for some advice or attorney who could help me to get the RN license.

Thank you.
Yasha

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

RN in Bridgewater, Massachusetts

48 months ago

To be a RN in the USA you need, 12 years of preparation before nursing school, and then you can go 2 years for a ADN which is 14 years of education, you only have 11 years. Sounds like your quickest route is to go to nursing school in the USA.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

gie in Maywood, New Jersey

48 months ago

Hi,
I'm a registered nurse in the Philippines and i passed the California State board exam. I'm looking for a job in US can someone help me find a job who sponsor nurses so i can work in the US. i've been a nurse for mor than 2 years in medical surgical unit..thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (46) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

ghie in Maywood, New Jersey

48 months ago

Hi,
I'm a registered nurse in the Philippines and work as a staff nurse for more than 2 years in a Medical Surgical Unit.. I've already passed the California State board exam and I'm looking for a job in US.. Can someone help me find a job who sponsor nurses so that i can work in the US.Clinic, Nursing homes or Hospital will do as long as they offer visa sponsorship..thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

RN in Bridgewater, Massachusetts

48 months ago

Sorry with budget cuts and American nurses unemployed it will be near impossible to find a sponsor. There are qualified foreign nurses who have waited since 2005 to come over, until these are employed

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Mak in Bala Cynwyd, Pennsylvania

45 months ago

Some states require you to take additional exam - CGFNS to become eligible for NCLEX. Also, there is a possibility of applying for permanent residency. Let me know if you have any more questions or might be interested to to moving to US and working as registered nurse. maksfeof@ yahoo. com. We might be able to find you an employer who will apply for residence for you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nanlisa in Upper Darby, Pennsylvania

45 months ago

There is a place right here in Philadelphia that deals with foreign nursing school graduates. In fact, I interviewed for a customer service position there seven years ago, but I never got hired.

Unfortunately, I don't recall the name of this place. Try Googling Foreign Nursing School Grads Philadelphia.

James jones in Chatsworth, California

45 months ago

Hi Am looking for ideas on how i can match in a hospital i graduated in a us medical school 2-3 years ago i have not been selected by any hospital for my residency through the match am getting nervous because i spent a lot of time and money to go through medical school.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

meggy in Hayward, California

44 months ago

Hi, I am registered Nurse in India. And I have Permanent residency of USA. i just want to know my following steps to become a Registered nurse in CA. How can i evaluate my transcript?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (67) / No (24) Reply - Report abuse

gabi in Hammond, Indiana

42 months ago

contact me dumitrasgavril@yahoo.com

fatemeh hashemi in Scranton, Pennsylvania

41 months ago

hi i was nurse in iran i come here 4 month ago how to become registered nurse in scranton with a foreign country license thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Vill in Alameda, California

40 months ago

Two things:
First, its true there are many unemployed nurses in US nowadays that prompted the US government to temporarily stop issuing working visas to foreign nurses to come and work in US. But its also true that US, like all the other first world countries, have shortage of nurses. However, some states(e.g. California), due to money problems(recession, budget cuts) have to cut budgets thus schools and hospitals either close down or downgraded. There are a lot of sick and old people who need nurses,but where will the government get the money to pay them(I am sure you heard of US givernment multi-trillion dollar deficit). I know it's horrible.Many nurses who cannot find employment intheir home states because of this end up in Texas and Arizona where there are still many employment slots for nurses...so we have this dilemma, we are in shortage of nurses but we have no money to pay them. But as a result, a nurses employed by hospitals has to do the work of 2 or 3 or 4 nurses. They are now overworked(and relatively underpaid). How long will these condition last? who knows?
2) and Regina from Ukraine, I know medical workers from Ukraine are very good and are at par with nurses and medical workers in US. Inspite of not having as good facilities, I know you guys are well trained in your countries. I am sure you can easily pass the NCLEX exam provided you can understand very well the test questions. The only thing that will prevent you will be non=fluency in English. Nursing requires communication and that is very critical. Imagine a nurse who misinterprets or misunderstands orders..what can happen to the patients? So,it is very critical to improve your English abilty most and foremost. How to improve your English? Any language is best accumulated. Thus, aside from attending English lessons, you will have to expose yourself to the language as much as possible..thru socialization,media, etc..It will take time,you cant expect to be very fluent in 6 months or a year.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Adriana in Chicago, Illinois

40 months ago

Hi, my sister she is a nurse in Mexico and she us U.S citizen, she wants to come to live in Georgia what she needs to do to work in this state? where she can send her transcrips evaluation? my email is adrianadise78@yahoo.com Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

maryam in Shrewsbury, Massachusetts

39 months ago

fatemeh hashemi in Scranton, Pennsylvania said: hi i was nurse in iran i come here 4 month ago how to become registered nurse in scranton with a foreign country license thanks

Hi fatemeh ,I came 5 month ago here ,I was a nurse in Iran too .I have same situation .my email address is maryshima@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

amanpreet in Sangrur, India

38 months ago

hi
i am a registered nurse in india.i had bachelor degree(4 years)in nursing. Now after marriage i had shifted to calgary(alberta)Canada and got permanent resident status.
now i want to start my career as RN in canada .Please tell me the a-z process

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

olena in Brick, New Jersey

37 months ago

RN in Bridgewater, Massachusetts said: To be a RN in the USA you need, 12 years of preparation before nursing school, and then you can go 2 years for a ADN which is 14 years of education, you only have 11 years. Sounds like your quickest route is to go to nursing school in the USA.

Hi, I am Medcical Doctor from Ukraine and I can not a become RN in USA, I have 19 years of med education/high school+ 6 years med school + 3 yars residency/,have over 20 years working experiene in med fiel ,I was working as a registered nurse all my med school yeatrs so what my education is not TAHT GOOD FOR USA? So I not able to get promission to take NCLEX?The medical education is much better in Europe and our Register Nurse on the level of the BSM here.Good luck to all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Danielle in Hicksville, New York

37 months ago

amanpreet in Sangrur, India said: hi
i am a registered nurse in india.i had bachelor degree(4 years)in nursing. Now after marriage i had shifted to calgary(alberta)Canada and got permanent resident status.
now i want to start my career as RN in canada .Please tell me the a-z process

Contact the Canada board of nursing, they would tell you what to do.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

37 months ago

emmanuella in buea, Cameroon in Douala, Cameroon said: I am a nurse in Cameroon who graduated from the university of Buea after four years of training upon completion of secondary and high school. what do i need to do to get a permanent licenture in Califonia and to work there as a nurse. what are the procedures for application? my email is talk2emmabih@yahoo.com. thanks a lot hoping to hear from you.

You would need to most likely have your credentials evaluated, contact the board of nursing in CA for the service that they accept. You would have to sit for the NCLEX after your credentials have been evaluated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

37 months ago

Roshani Thapa in Lincoln, Nebraska said: Hi
I am a registered nurse in Nepal.What should i do to become an RN in Nebraska?

You would need your credentials evaluated, but first contact the board of nursing in Nebraska after your credentials are evaluated you would need to take NCLEX.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

stoneroses in Crosby, Texas

36 months ago

jannie in San Antonio, Texas said: I have been living in Texas for 12 year. I received my bachelors in nursing in the Netherlands. I am unable to do the NCLEX because Texas requires you to take the CGFNS. The CGFNS is to help you get a permit to work here/ greencard. I had a child I decided to wait on going bacck to nursing. When I was ready I already obtained my permanent status I was not allowed to do the CGFNS. But Texas won't let me do the NCLEX without it.
Any idea's how I proceed?

Texas Board of Nursing doesn't required CGFNS exam before you take NCLEX.. Try to visit their website

Ashis in Lugansk, Ukraine

36 months ago

Hi,
I am a student in the final year of medicine. I am studying Medicine at a Medical university of Ukraine. So can I apply for NCLAX-RN before completing my graduation.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

jijo thomas in Bangalore, India

35 months ago

EC86 in Chicago, Illinois said: hi there,
your friend has to take the NCLEX, pass it and be licensed to be able to become an RN in either cali or texas. What she has to do is choose w/c state she would like to apply for, download the application form www.rn.ca.gov/pdfs/applicants/exam-app.pdf for cali and here's the link for texas www.bne.state.tx.us/olv/pdfs/rnexam.pdf

Submit all necessary documents and fees the state requires then she has to wait to become eligible to take the exam afterwards register for pearson vue so she could schedule an exam. This is basically what she has to do first.

sir,
i have completed my bachelor in nursing and have a 3 year of clinical experience.i am adopted by aN americen citizen,i would like to know what is the procedure i should complet to get a registered nurse job in USA.kindly help me

JIJO THOMAS

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

shanice in Portmore, Jamaica

34 months ago

i want to go to nursing school but i dont know where to start looking

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Yabloko in Wilton, Connecticut

34 months ago

Galyna, said: Hi, I don't now your name. I am from Ukraine, come to US whith nursing degree. None of my credit was accepted, so I start from begining.

Hello, can you tell me please who determines if you nursing credits from Ukraine can be accepted?
Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Anna Simonyan in North Hollywood, California

34 months ago

I graduated medical nursing collage in Armenia and I would like to go forward to become an RN. I have not try enythink yet because want to do the right way , can you halp me. what is my nex step where I have to apply.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Whatever in Cherry Hill, New Jersey

34 months ago

I remember tutoring math to an american nursing student. I have never seen anyone so dumb and lazy. I mean, the basic, basic arithmetic failure and person was not kicked out of the program. I would be simply afraid to get into hands of such medical "professional". Not saying that americans are dumb, but we really hate math, science, and anything complicated. As a result - we have health system that fails patients who die because of errors in hundreds of thousands. And this is in the light of the highest costs in the world. I welcome foreign professionals who are ready to work their ass off, who are very capable and can do a good job. So, please apply. And for those americans who are afraid of competition - get your act together and improve your skills. Everyone would be better off.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

pujithakoneru in Redmond, Washington

34 months ago

hi,i was an RN in india.i came to US(washington) in mar,2011 on H4 visa.i got report issued by CGFNS.its for 1 year.do i need to complete cgfns and toefl exams?can anyone give me suggestions where to get the best materials for my exams.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Whatever in Cherry Hill, New Jersey

34 months ago

Yabloko in Wilton, Connecticut said: Hello, can you tell me please who determines if you nursing credits from Ukraine can be accepted?
Thank you

Credits form Ukraine are not accepted usually. You can do evaluation and that may be a step to taking exams. Is that what you mean?

deepak in Delhi, India

33 months ago

i am medical doctor in india. i graduated from ukraine. i am working as an govt. Medical officer in india. i want to work as RN in usa/canada due to better salary. i shall be great full,if you show me the right path! thanks in advance!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

kathrenej in Salt Lake City, Utah

33 months ago

Hi, just wanna ask regarding nursing stuff, i am a Registered nurse in Philippines, so im just wondering if i can apply in the hospital using my license in philippines here in US? even if just a lower position.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

sushmapenugula in Laie, Hawaii

32 months ago

hello i completed GNM nursing after completion of my 12 th standard in 2003,now iam in hawayi wilbe 6 months with visiting visa,how and where should i take NCLEX training in usa for my job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

styve noutcha in Cameroon

29 months ago

Hi;
I'm cameroonian and have a 4 years bachelor degree in nursing in french version given by the state university of buea;i would like to complete a specialisation in cardiology in the texas state, please tell me if my bachelor degree allow me to be evaluated and take NCLEX to do my specialisation in texas.

Thanks you,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

gmzmrth in Salinas, California

29 months ago

kelly in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Are you willing to relocate to rural Alberta, Canada? I know of an awesome opportunity: up to $90 per hour, up to $5000 in reimbursement for relocation, assistance with licensing and visa and free air fare to the location. If you are interested, please contact me at kelly2008rn@yahoo.com.
Kelly

so how can a usa cna be canada cna

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Simmi in Sacramento, California

24 months ago

ANITA in Union City, California said: Hi
I am a Registered Nurse from Australia.BRN CA has advice me to take individual courses in Psych, pediatric,obstetrics at undergraduate level than i can sit for Nclex exam,.
My problem is i cannot find community to college who offers me pediatrics can anyone help me out to find spot in pediatrics.

Pls respond.
Thanks

Hi

I am in the same boat, Have you found any courses you were looking for?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

yhl1975 in Tel Aviv-yafo, Israel

20 months ago

yasha in Loveland, Ohio said: Hello to everyone,
I have graduated from 3 year nursing program after 8 years of my secondary school in Ukraine. When I submitted my application for the Illinois RN license, CGFNS completed my course by course evaluation of education , and stated that I can be considered ONLY for the freshman admission to most colleges and universities in the United States. Stating that there is no comparable program of study in the US because it is only 11 years of total education. This made my education completely non-satisfactory for the RN license application in almost all states that require CGFNS CES evaluation, unless I repeat nursing program in the US. Few years ago I had my education evaluated for the entrance to the college by World Education Services and they stated my nursing education after 8 years of school is equal to the secondary school and associate degree equivalency.
Has anyone encountered the same problem? What did you do to resolve it?

I am desperately looking for some advice or attorney who could help me to get the RN license.

Thank you.
Yasha

I have a question about CGFNS CES evaluation and WES evaluation. I did CGFNS and now I got requirement from Universities that I need WES EVALUATION. It took 1 year from CGFNS go get full report about my education. Could CGFNS send report to WES?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

nahid in Tehran, Iran, Islamic Republic of

19 months ago

Hi
I live in Iran and i've been selected in lottery 2014.I 'll come to US very soon,but I don't know how to start nursing there. I don't have RN and any English certificate.
please tell me what should I do ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Miss Ail in Makati, Philippines

18 months ago

I am an RN in Philippines and I want to work in India, could anyone tell me the process?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.