Starting a Adult Care Home

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 240)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Karendawn in Hollywood, Florida

83 months ago

1. What type of license does this facility fall under?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (144) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

Dana Brown in Corvallis, Oregon

83 months ago

Hi, Adult Foster Care is in residential zoning and licensed by Senior Services and Disabled Services Division “name slightly varies state to state.” Please visit seniorcarehomebiz.com for more information. Thanks Dana

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (58) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

PM in Hollywood, Florida

81 months ago

Karendawn in Hollywood, Florida said: ok Thanks so I will need a NHA

Hi Karen,
I'm a realtor, I'm helping one of my client to locate a home to be use as an ALF (Assisted Living Facility). You can find all the info that you need at www.fdhc.state.fl.us/
Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

giselle in Miami, Florida

78 months ago

PM in Hollywood, Florida said: Hi Karen,
I'm a realtor, I'm helping one of my client to locate a home to be use as an ALF (Assisted Living Facility). You can find all the info that you need at www.fdhc.state.fl.us/
Good Luck!

Thank you very helpful.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

PM in Hollywood, Florida

78 months ago

Giselle,

If you have any questions, don't heasitate to contact me. Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Dana Brown in Grants Pass, Oregon

75 months ago

Hello, Vist www.seniorcarehomebiz.com
ALF is an occupany over 5 resident persons. You may want to concider Adult Foster Care "under 5 residents". Thanks!
- Dana

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

cid in Detroit, Michigan

70 months ago

a

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

verean in Tampa, Florida

70 months ago

hi,i'm a lpn and i want to my own business with adult foster care in my home or in a facility outside my home. i want to know what can i do to get this started or is this a good idea. i want by own business and at the age of 48 pushing a med cart has gotten beat, PLEASE HELP ME SOMEBODY!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (125) / No (22) Reply - Report abuse

mark in Middletown, New York

70 months ago

hello I have a adult family care home and iam wondering if their are grants federal or state to add an addition on for more clients thanks mark

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (98) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

NK in Beaverton, Oregon

69 months ago

Cleo Harris in Chicago, Illinois said: I am interested in starting my own adult day care as well as senior citizen home in the state of IL, GA, or TX. I have a Masters in Health Administration and am working on my NHA license.

Hi , I have a Masters in Health Administration as well and I want to start my own adult care. Any information you share would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (44) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Shina in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

68 months ago

Hi everyone I am trying to start my own senior daycare? I am trying to found out if you can start one without being certified? Where can I call or what website can I go on to learned about info. I myself plan to get certified but as of right now i have people in my life that are in the med field. all I really want to do is get it started.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (93) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Wilma in Chicago, Illinois

68 months ago

Karendawn in Hollywood, Florida said: 1. What type of license does this facility fall under?

How do I get the answers to some of the notes that I just read. The questions are what I need asnwers to the questions that conerns me in sartng an adult day care service. please reply to my questions. thank you.

Wilma

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

verean in Tampa, Florida said: hi,i'm a lpn and i want to my own business with adult foster care in my home or in a facility outside my home. i want to know what can i do to get this started or is this a good idea. i want by own business and at the age of 48 pushing a med cart has gotten beat, PLEASE HELP ME SOMEBODY!!!!

I too am at the age of 49 and have been doing HHA- Home health Care Aide for the past four years and I too feel that I can have my own business in a foster home care, I too would like to get help on how to get started outside my home.
PLEASE HELP ME SOMEBODY !!!!!!! I am very serious about what I have just written.

Thanks
Wilma.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

Debra Farancis in Orlando, Florida said: I would like to open a afc home in orlando i was a direct care staff and a manager before how do i go about this

I am interested in starting my own foster day care seervice, an I too would like to know how to start my own and what do I need to do.
Thank you.
Wilma

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

Karendawn in Hollywood, Florida said: 1. What type of license does this facility fall under?

How do I get the answers to some of the notes that I just read. The questions are what I need asnwers to the questions that conerns me in sartng an adult day care service. please reply to my questions. thank you.

Wilma

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mary in Boca Raton, Florida

68 months ago

verean in Tampa, Florida said: hi,i'm a lpn and i want to my own business with adult foster care in my home or in a facility outside my home. i want to know what can i do to get this started or is this a good idea. i want by own business and at the age of 48 pushing a med cart has gotten beat, PLEASE HELP ME SOMEBODY!!!!

Hi Verean,

Max posted information earlier. The Dept. of Elder Affairs has the license information on ALFs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

Thank you, this is a start. Every little bit of information helps to get rolling on trying to start my business. Thank you so much.

Thank you
Wilma.

Cathy in Orlando, Florida

68 months ago

Michelle in Casselberry, Florida said: Im a LPN trying to start an ALF with less than 5 residents..Does anyone have any input, please contact me!

Hi Michelle; did you start your AFL yet; my sister and I are also looking to start an AFL; are you looking to possibly partner with someone?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

Cathy in Orlando, Florida said: Hi Michelle; did you start your AFL yet; my sister and I are also looking to start an AFL; are you looking to possibly partner with someone?

Hi Cathy, if you are interested in purchasing a ALF in the Orlando area, I can put you in touch with someone. I am not a realtor.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

Mary in Boca Raton, Florida said: Hi Verean,

Max posted information earlier. The Dept. of Elder Affairs has the license information on ALFs.

I know of an ALF that was available a few months ago. I can put you in touch with the owner if you are interested. I am not a realtor.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Andie in Naples, Florida

67 months ago

I an an LPn of almost five years and after seeing the wrong and right ways of running a adult home or ALF, I am eager to start my own business. I love what I do and treat every senior with love, dignity, exceptional care and respect. I would appreciate anyone's advice on this issue. Thank you so much!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Andie in Naples, Florida

67 months ago

I am familiar with the rules to starting a home however does anyone know how I can get aide in financing my own alf?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

Andie in Naples, Florida said: I am familiar with the rules to starting a home however does anyone know how I can get aide in financing my own alf?

Hi Andie,

Are you purchasing a business or is this a start-up?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

Foster Care in Livonia, Michigan said: What is the capital needed to start an Adult Foster Care?

The cost is determined whether this is a start up or the purchase of an existing business.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Foster Care in Livonia, Michigan

67 months ago

Thanks for being responsive in answering my question. It would be a start-up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

Do you plan to purchase an existing facility or start a new facility?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

Foster Care in Livonia, Michigan said: Thanks for being responsive in answering my question. It would be a start-up.

You can email me directly cm20@earthlink.net

jason in Lynnwood, Washington

67 months ago

mark in Middletown, New York said: hello I have a adult family care home and iam wondering if their are grants federal or state to add an addition on for more clients thanks mark

Hi,
i would like to know or get some idea from you how do i start to have my own adult family care home... pls let me know thank you...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Una in Atlanta, Georgia

66 months ago

Michelle in Casselberry, Florida said: Im a LPN trying to start an ALF with less than 5 residents..Does anyone have any input, please contact me!

First you would need to contact the licensing dept and zoning dept to inquire about the zoning requirements. I will be more than please to help you. Contact me at unaconsultant@yahoo.com for my informational packet..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Una in Atlanta, Georgia

66 months ago

Sue in Houston, Texas said: I am interested in starting a adult/senior living home. How do I go about starting and what do i need to have. Any specific type of credentialing or.... Thanks

First you would consider contacting the licensing dept. Most states require a pre licensing session before application can be submitted. Another step would be to contact the zoning dept to inquire about the proper zoning for this type of business. I will be more than please to send you my informational packet. Please contact me at unaconsultant@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

meejah2406 in Macon, Georgia

66 months ago

PM in Hollywood, Florida said: Giselle,

If you have any questions, don't heasitate to contact me. Good Luck!

Are you still looking for an AlF property? If so please contact me at meejah2406@att.net. Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ibbetty

66 months ago

I am trying to get info on starting an adult day care/foster care in el paso texas. Does anyone have specific info about that area?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Una in Atlanta, Georgia

66 months ago

Please contact me for my informational packet at unaconsultant@yahoo.com

orionrikki in San Diego, California

66 months ago

Hello, Current Homeowner looking to convert residence to an Adult Family Care Home. In search of potential business partner to lead start up, no money needed just your expertise. I in return have a Beautiful private home for assisted living in Hollywood Beach. Ideally I am seeking a live in Caregiver for five elderly patients. Duties to include feeding, cooking, bathing, laundry, cleaning and record keeping. This is a very rewarding job. You will be working with other care providers. Must be able to live-in.

Please e-mail me any thought and ideas you may have to orionrikki@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

lisa09simpson@yahoo.com in Saint Albans, New York

66 months ago

I live in Queens, NY and would I like to start a Adult Foster Home or Adult Family Care Home. Can you please give some insight as to how I can start up the business. Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

66 months ago

You should search the regulatory department for the state of New York. I am not sure who that is. Department of Health Services or look at continuum care retirement communities. The first step is finding out what is involved in the licensing, do you have to be certified as a home health aid or just getting your home certified and passing state inspections, then on a local level does the zoning allow 5 to 6 bed retirement homes. Good Luck.

lisa09simpson@yahoo.com in Saint Albans, New York

66 months ago

please send me e-mail and the exact name of the book on how to start up a homecare business. Thank you for all your help!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

66 months ago

I do not have a book I have lots of friends in health care, several nurses I know own continuim care retirement communities.

Each state has different regulatory requirements.

Look at this site to gather more information:

floridasenior360.com/live/adult_family_care_homes#search-results

This process takes a lot of research. Definately start with the state Health inforcement agency to see if you need to be certified, then find where you can start that process. I know in California you need to be certified as a Health care administrator, but in florida if your doing under 5 residence/ patient beds you do not.

I hope this helps!

Tina

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Una in Atlanta, Georgia

66 months ago

I would be more than please to do a proposed budget for you. Please contact me at unaconsultant@yahoo.com for more information and my free informational packet.......

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jason in Lynnwood, Washington

66 months ago

I am interested in starting my own Adult Home Care in the Washington State, City of Lynnwood. How do I go about starting and what do i need to have.I've been working for 4 years in the Nursing Department and i've experience working in a Adult Home Care. I am very serious about what I have just written.please reply to my questions.

Thank You.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (51) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

luzsantiago4833@yahoo.com in Orlando, Florida

65 months ago

I am very much interested in starting an Adult Foster Home in orlando florida. I also need to know if I live in the proper zoning area..please contact me @ my e-mailluzsantiago4833@yahoo.com....thank you in advance...luz

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

luzsantiago4833@yahoo.com in Orlando, Florida

65 months ago

interested in opening a foster adult home..need to know if i live in the correct zoning for this activity...thank you in advance..luz

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

65 months ago

luzsantiago4833@yahoo.com in Orlando, Florida said: interested in opening a foster adult home..need to know if i live in the correct zoning for this activity...thank you in advance..luz

You may want to start by contacting your zoning department where you live.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

L. Cheatham in Canton, Michigan

64 months ago

I curently operate several Residential Treatment Facilities in Inkster Michigan, I am considering relocating back to the Nashville Tenn area, I would like to know what are the steps that I must follow in order to operate the same type of business in Tennessee or Alabama.

Nicole in Reedsport, Oregon

63 months ago

I am also interested in opening a RCF. Just looking for information on how to go about it.

Nicole in Reedsport, Oregon

63 months ago

I would also like to start a RCF for about 12 people in Reedsport Oregon. Would love any information to help me.
I have gotten some info. off the internet- seriorcarehomebiz.com and grouphomeguidebook.com.

Thanks Nicole

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

JSSCPW220 in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan

63 months ago

CAN YOU TELL ME HOW YOU STARTED THE BUSINESS THAT YOURE IN?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Linda

62 months ago

Foster Care in Livonia, Michigan said: Thanks for being responsive in answering my question. It would be a start-up.

As a Michigan resident in the process of starting an AFC from the ground up, a first step is to look at the statute governing afc's to get the rules for the size of home you want and the client you want to serve[www.michigan.gov/dhs]. Look on the right and click on "licensing". Then on the left of that page - adult foster care etc. Go from there. Then join the Michigan Assisted Living Association [MALA]. Then it gets more complicated from there: approval from your twonship, if building [blueprints, sprinkler system, landscaping], financing, policies and provcedures, etc. Hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Linda from Lapeer County, Michigan

62 months ago

What I need is information on government grants for start up adult foster care facilities. The Levin/Stabenow website is not very useful. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

L. Cheatham in Canton, Michigan

62 months ago

I'm not sure about grants for start up funding. Of course when I got into the business the agency that I was contracted with gave me the start up funds. I'm sure that there are grants available, but not sure where you should look.

Sorry

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.