NAB Exam VS. State Exam

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 137)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

obergdena in Oxford, Massachusetts

65 months ago

Is it a requirement to take the state exam before the national exam? Anyone have study materials/exam questions for the NAB or the state of MA? Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Does anyone know of any AIT positions in Central MA??? These positions are non existant! How is one supposed to apply to take the exam when you have to go through the AIT before even applying when there are no positions. Additionally, I contacted the state board and they basically said it is my responsibility to find an AIT position. Unbelievable. Anyone out there with any suggestions? I have a BS in Business Admin. and currently working on my MS in Healthcare Admin. I have been an executive in the healthcare staffing industry as well as worked in medical records and as a CNA in a long term care facility.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

rn4mg in Shalimar, Florida

65 months ago

Unfortunately you have to find your own preceptor. It took me months and several phone calls to finally find one.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Java

64 months ago

rn4mg in Shalimar, Florida said: Unfortunately you have to find your own preceptor. It took me months and several phone calls to finally find one.

Have you taken your exam if so what did you use to study for the national exam?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

I am studying the state standards.
Have you done your preceptorship?

Java

64 months ago

rn4mg in Shalimar, Florida said: I am studying the state standards.
Have you done your preceptorship?

I have completed everything, except for taking the test.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

What state are you in? have you applied to take the exam yet?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Java

64 months ago

rn4mg in Shalimar, Florida said: What state are you in? have you applied to take the exam yet?

I am in Ohio, I take my exam at the end of this month, I have studied state laws and bought study guides but still don't feel prepared. Does your school offer to help you study?

64 months ago

No I did not go to school. Did you?
I did a preceptorship. My preceptor did not offer any advise other than to study state regs.

64 months ago

So the NAP and state exam are two separate exams? how long after you request to take the exam do you have to wait?

Java

64 months ago

Yes, I went to school for it. I have a bachelors in business with a concentration in health management. The Nab and state are 2 separate exams in Ohio. I scheduled them on the same day at the same testing site. It took about 2 months to get approved for the exam.

Thanks for the heads up on the Math problems and Congrats!!! (lberry45)

64 months ago

I felt pretty good about the exam until I took the practice questions in the application packet.
It seemed like there weren't manual factual questions and more analytical questions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Java

64 months ago

Yeah I have heard it was more analytical and less factual. I was taught that two were totally wrong and two were really close to being right. Did you find it to be that way on the practice test?

64 months ago

Yes and now I am not so sure I am ready to take the exam.

Java

64 months ago

I am thinking about paying for the online nursing home administrator exam course. It's expensive but I want to pass it and get on with my career. Right now I am just in a job I don't like because I am waiting to pass the TEST!!!

64 months ago

I am still waiting for the NAB to send me the approval to take the exam and I am not understanding why it is taking so long when the state already approved me.
How much is the course on line?

Java

64 months ago

It takes forever for them to send the approval. I didn't think they were ever going to respond. The course it $299.00 but it has a 97% pass rate, (watch I will probably be the 3% that doesn't pass).

64 months ago

There is one in Tampa also, but you have to pay for the hotel and other expenses.
How long is the on line course?
I paid $800 to the state (which said included exam), and when I applied for the NAP there was a $75 fee and a $210 fee. I keep checking my credit card to see if they have deducted the fee but they have not.
I had no idea it would take this long.

64 months ago

I am in Florida. I just searched for a study course. Can you send the link?

Java

64 months ago

www.examprofessional.com/index.html
You can work on the course as long as you want. It probably won't show until you schedule your test. I know it took forever for the NAB to finally contact me to schedule the test.

Dorothy A. Bailey in Belton, Missouri

62 months ago

I am an R.N.with a license of Nuring Home Administrator in Missouri, Master's in Health Administration, a Master's of Science in Nursing, a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing.

I have thirteen years of experience in nursing, many of those years as a charge nurse. I also have management experience in business-related field prior to nursing. My thirteen years in nursing, not all-inclusive, consist of two years long-term care, seven years total in geri-psych, three years in skilled nursing, and two years in medical-surgical nursing.

I am ACLS and BLS certified (Advance certification in life support and Baac life support). I am currently seeking a nursing home administrator position, licensed currently in Missouri, willing to meet licensure requirements for other states.

61 months ago

I am sorry you will have to purchase it from someone like I did. There is a disclaimer that says you can't give it to anyone.

shakira in Sunnyvale, California

61 months ago

I just recd my state result and missed it by a point. Did anyone take the state exam in california and have material they may be willing to share. Any strategies for taking the test,. Ps advise.

Thanks

Dave in Bradley Beach, New Jersey

61 months ago

Did anyone take the Florida exam. Any suggestions on courses, materials, etc. for taking. Feel free to also email me back at DaveLNHA@aol.com. TY

61 months ago

Dave,
I am confused. You are a NHA but need study materials?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

terri in Northridge, California

61 months ago

shakira in Sunnyvale, California said: I just recd my state result and missed it by a point. Did anyone take the state exam in california and have material they may be willing to share. Any strategies for taking the test,. Ps advise.

Thanks

finally someone in Ca. Can you tell me please: how was the exam? Is it confusing or not? Also did you take any prep class before the test? if yes which one?
Also if you don't mind can I have your email??
Thank you so much.

Dave in Bradley Beach, New Jersey

61 months ago

I have my LNHA and passed the national exam and was inquiring about the Florida state exam.

61 months ago

I see.
I think you can buy study materials on line or attend a course.

niknaxx in Alameda, California

61 months ago

I passed the CA state exam in Feb... Taking the Fed in July. The state exam is pretty straight foreward IF you know your materials. I failed it three times before I finally got it. I took a class in LA from Lesley Powell. She has AMAZING results and is full of information. Her class is well worth the $ and time becuase everything is included.

Shakira in Woodland Hills, California

61 months ago

Can you provide me any helpful tips I missed the CA state exam by one point. Any information will be helpful

Thanks,
Shakira

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

Niknaxx,
Can you ps tell me where you studied the OBRA portion for the state exam. Thanks
Shakira

niknaxx in Alameda, California

61 months ago

OBRA I read out the "watermelon" book - The LTC Surveyors guide. I am sorry to hear that you missed it by one point!!! That is heartbreaking! You will get it this time!

61 months ago

Niknaxx,
I am sorry I dont know your actual name.
However I want to ask you , if you have the book I could borrow it or if you are selling me. Ps let me know.

Thanks
Shakira

61 months ago

niknaxx in Alameda, California said: I passed the CA state exam in Feb... Taking the Fed in July. The state exam is pretty straight foreward IF you know your materials. I failed it three times before I finally got it. I took a class in LA from Lesley Powell. She has AMAZING results and is full of information. Her class is well worth the $ and time becuase everything is included.

Did her flashing cards and other material help you??? I heard they are so helpful.
Also can you please tell me if there are lots of ICF questions or Snf?

Thanks.

61 months ago

Shakira in Woodland Hills, California said: Can you provide me any helpful tips I missed the CA state exam by one point. Any information will be helpful

Thanks,
Shakira

Are you taking the exam in August?? if yes may be we can study together sometimes!!

shakira in Woodland Hills, California

61 months ago

Hello Terri,
I actually live in San Jose CA
I dont know why the location is Woodland Hills.
Anyway can you ps tell me where you are studying the OBRA portion for the exam.
Also any tips.

Thanks
Shakira

shakira in Woodland Hills, California

61 months ago

Nikk
Where did you study for the OBRA portion for the Calif State Exam.
I really need to know what books to refer to??

Thanks

Ila HR in San Jose, California

59 months ago

Shakira in Woodland Hills, California said: Can you provide me any helpful tips I missed the CA state exam by one point. Any information will be helpful

Thanks,
Shakira

Hi Shakira,

I just happened to come across this forum. Did you take your test already? Do you have any information regarding Administrator in training programs?
Thanks,
Ila

Julie in Cincinnati, Ohio

57 months ago

Java said: Yes, I went to school for it. I have a bachelors in business with a concentration in health management. The Nab and state are 2 separate exams in Ohio. I scheduled them on the same day at the same testing site. It took about 2 months to get approved for the exam.

Thanks for the heads up on the Math problems and Congrats!!! (lberry45)

hey i am in ohio too witch book did you use to study for nab and state exam i need all the help i can get if you can write back with more details thank you

anil in West Chester, Pennsylvania

57 months ago

Hi Everybody,
I'm a newbee, I just started my Ms.in Health services mngmt course. Hey guys please tell me in detail how do I start preparing for NHA exam. what do I need to qualify for this exam and where do I get study guides and books. My school does'nt offer any of the info, nor do any of my instructors , always pushing it saying you have a long way to go. As I hear from the posts that people do find it difficult to pass it..So please any and all the information from scratch will be appeciated. I just like to be on top of things and not be one of the guys to start thinking about my career after graduating. so please help!!
drbestdeal@gmail.com

anil in West Chester, Pennsylvania

57 months ago

Java said: I am thinking about paying for the online nursing home administrator exam course. It's expensive but I want to pass it and get on with my career. Right now I am just in a job I don't like because I am waiting to pass the TEST!!!

HEY Java,same here in a job,but want to pass this exam and I need advice about the exam, pricing, and if material to prepare for the exam, if you could share.
I'm a newbee, I just started my Ms.in Health services mngmt course. Hey guys please tell me in detail how do I start preparing for NHA exam. what do I need to qualify for this exam and where do I get study guides and books. My school does'nt offer any of the info, nor do any of my instructors , always pushing it saying you have a long way to go. As I hear from the posts that people do find it difficult to pass it..So please any and all the information from scratch will be appeciated. I just like to be on top of things and not be one of the guys to start thinking about my career after graduating. so please help!!
drbestdeal@gmail.com

57 months ago

Hi my name is Julie I am from Ohio. I just ordered my book by James Allen called Licensing Exam Review Guide in Nursing Home Administration. This book will be for State exam but I don’t know if they have different book for national exam. If someone can help me with witch book to get for National exam. I am so confused with this stuff. If someone can help me with this I would really appreciate it. Please help. Thank You.

Brenda in Westerville, Ohio

57 months ago

I'm in training now and getting ready to order the same book I was wondering the same thing. What other book should we get.

57 months ago

hey Brenda you should ask the administrator who you are training under maybe she can tell you difference between state and national exam. if she or he does know then you can tell me too. if i find out something about these exams i will let you know.

dena in Chicago, Illinois

57 months ago

lberry45 in Madisonville, Kentucky said: I took the nab yesterday and passed. first time. There was 5 math problems on my exam so study those.

Can you give me a idea of what math questions was on this exam?
dena

57 months ago

Julie in Cincinnati, Ohio said: hey Brenda you should ask the administrator who you are training under maybe she can tell you difference between state and national exam. if she or he does know then you can tell me too. if i find out something about these exams i will let you know.

For the national exam you need the NAB study guide. There are some other books as well.

57 months ago

Brenda in Westerville, Ohio said: I'm in training now and getting ready to order the same book I was wondering the same thing. What other book should we get.

hey brenda is it paid training? 9 months are long time to work for someone without pay. i am looking for someone who is willing to pay. i have little baby and i am a stay home mom i can't afford to pay a babysitter for 9 months. if someone know who can pay for training please let me know. if i can't find someone who is willing to pay then no training no test.

57 months ago

terri in Northridge, California said: For the national exam you need the NAB study guide. There are some other books as well.

Thank You

shakira in San Jose, California

57 months ago

terri in Northridge, California said: For the national exam you need the NAB study guide. There are some other books as well.

Terri
Can you ps elaborate what books you read along with the NAB guide.. I plan on giving my exams soon.

Thanks
shakira

lberry45 in Madisonville, Kentucky in Louisville, Kentucky

57 months ago

What are the math problems

ed in Hayward, California

56 months ago

shakira in San Jose, California said: Terri
Can you ps elaborate what books you read along with the NAB guide.. I plan on giving my exams soon.

Thanks
shakira[/QUOTE
best way to do it...Leslie Powell class and speak with Patricia. Although they cannot guarantee you a job, they can surely help you pass national and state exams..you have to do the work though. They have put together a detailed plan into passing the tests. I have 22 years in the industry and they have shown me many new eye opening ways of succeeding...Ed

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.