wages

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

NHA in Aberdeen, Washington

29 months ago

I need some advice.....I am seasoned NHA (25+ years), survey successful and will produce a 17% margin of profit for any company...

My question is this: I have a head hunter calling me regarding a position in a crappy facility with a long history of G and higher citations and I am sure equally crappy financial results

I want to say OK...BUT for 150K+ salary, a severance package of at least 6 months salary, IF I cant turn it around and they want to thump me, and at least a 4 week paid vacation package.....

Am I asking too much?

Is that too much to ask? I am happy where I am and they are pursueing me! I am tired of making 100K when I know how much PROFIT I turn over to the Mother Company

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Not Important

29 months ago

NHA in Aberdeen, Washington said: I need some advice.....I am seasoned NHA (25+ years), survey successful and will produce a 17% margin of profit for any company...

My question is this: I have a head hunter calling me regarding a position in a crappy facility with a long history of G and higher citations and I am sure equally crappy financial results

I want to say OK...BUT for 150K+ salary, a severance package of at least 6 months salary, IF I cant turn it around and they want to thump me, and at least a 4 week paid vacation package.....

Am I asking too much?

Is that too much to ask? I am happy where I am and they are pursueing me! I am tired of making 100K when I know how much PROFIT I turn over to the Mother Company

Unless they can give you what you are asking for, stay where you are. In today's climate, security is most important. If you have managed to be where you are long term, why risk going to a company that may fire you for no good reason after a few months?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Not Important

29 months ago

If they won't give you what you are asking for, then stay where you are. This is such a frivilous market. You can be in a position today and gone tomorrow for no good reason. Why risk instability? In the end, stability is what is important. At the salary you are asking, what will happen is you take the job, turn it around, and then they will fire you and replace you with someone so they can pay them less for profit.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Travis in Louisville, Kentucky

25 months ago

I guess to me it would depend on the expectations for improvement. What size facility is this? I have turned some facilities with 130 beds or less in as little as 6 months, but my current is near 200 bed and this will likely take a while. I think it is great to challenge yourself, no risk no reward. If you are truly a great administrator you can certainly change things and help a lot of people in the process.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.