OT Student Burnout

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

jewe1 in TRENTON, New Jersey

16 months ago

I'm a second year OT student in a 3 year part-time master's degree program. We just started our summer semester this past weekend. With the stress of working, going to school, and dealing with personal issues, I'm feeling a sense of burnout. I don't feel as motivated as I once was. I feel depressed, sad, and hopeless sometimes. This OT program is so stressful with so much work and lots of pressure with very little room for failure. I understand this field requires well-educated and trained practitioners, but I'm starting to feel like I'll never get there. I feel like I don't know enough to be an OT. And I'm wondering if I can handle the pressure and responsibilities of this field. If anyone can offer any words of encouragement or motivation, I'd greatly appreciate it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Creole Soul in Maryland

16 months ago

Good afternoon,

I am currently a 2nd year OT student and am conducting an unofficial survey for information on preparedness for Level II Fieldwork. The reason why I am conducting this survey is because many of my fellow classmates (from my school and other schools) have said they did not feel they were prepared at all for their respective fieldworks.

Additionally, some current OTs, with whom I have spoken have stated that many of the OT schools are not preparing their students for fieldwork and are setting them up for failure.

The survey is only 10 questions long and you can complete with anonymity and all informational will be kept confidential.

Thank you in advance for your response.

Here is the link to complete the survey. (For OT students or current OTRs)

www.surveymonkey.com/s/ZDKWHH3

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.