Can't find work! Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

bluekady80 in Kansas City, Missouri

40 months ago

Ok so here is some background.I graduated with an A.A.S in paralegal studies in May 2009. I have tried and tried and tried since then to find a paralegal job. I can't find anything! Most of the ads I see want people with 5 years min experience, I apply offering even free internships. Since January 2010 I have been unable to get my foot in the door anywhere! I have posted ads for free labor, unpaid internships and can't find anything there. I have checked almost evey employment website I know of and still no luck. I don't really care to be in Kansas City, MO anymore so ever since I have graduated I've applied nationwide. Still no luck. Now I know I have been out of the field and a lot of things have changed over the last year so I am trying to find classes to update me on information and haven't really found anything but scams. I am also trying to find Quickbook classes. Does anyone have any ideas? I would greatly appreciate any help. I do not know what to do anymore. The college I graduated from says they can't help since I graduated and the old professors I have never have any good news, so please help I really loved studying this field and want to work in it!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Michelle in Dover, Tennessee

25 months ago

I graduated with an AS in Legal Assistancy (paralegal) from a 2 yr college in Northern CA back in 1996. Since then the closest I've come to legal work is being a receptionist for a correctional facility. the jobs just aren't there! My college adviser talked up this program so much and upon graduating found that most employers want someone with a 4 yr degree. The only way to make the big bucks is to go into business for yourself (ie assist people who can't afford an attorney in doing in pro per (or variation of) filings). Most paralegals with a 2yr or certificate degree make barely over minimum wage. I went the same route as you, offering to internship for free, but couldn't get anyone to give me a chance. My suggestion is to find a related field or something with better job future. The medical field has tons of openings.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Parafreegal in Chicago, Illinois

24 months ago

The secret about there being no jobs for paralegals is slowly getting out. There never were tons of paralegal jobs. Now, there are way less. Don't feel bad. Even having a ton of experience as a paralegal doesn't mean you can get another paralegal job. The legal job market is beyond brutal. Far worse than the general job market, which is bad.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.