Rosalind Franklin Interview

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 56)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

LuLu in Cleveland, Ohio

58 months ago

So I just got confirmation that I have been offered an interview for Rosalind Franklins PA program. I am very excited but also nervous since it will 8 hours. Has anyone interviewed with them that could give me an idea what to expect so I don't hyperventilate the entire way there? lol Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

A in Wheeling, Illinois

58 months ago

LuLu in Cleveland, Ohio said: So I just got confirmation that I have been offered an interview for Rosalind Franklins PA program. I am very excited but also nervous since it will 8 hours. Has anyone interviewed with them that could give me an idea what to expect so I don't hyperventilate the entire way there? lol Thanks!

I am a second year student in the Rosalind Franklin Pathologists' Assistant program. I interviewed at Quinnipiac and Rosalind Franklin. The interview at Rosalind Franklin was very painless. I felt at home from the moment I entered the school. The departmental staff is very nice and welcoming. Just be yourself, make sure you are professional, and you will do fine. Good Luck. The nice thing is that they don't usually make you wait long to hear if you are accepted. I found out that I got into the program about a week after my interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Yo in Greenwood, South Carolina

58 months ago

What was your GPA when you applied to both Quinnipiac and Rosalind Franklin? Just to see how mine compares.

LuLu in Cleveland, Ohio

58 months ago

Yo in Greenwood, South Carolina said: What was your GPA when you applied to both Quinnipiac and Rosalind Franklin? Just to see how mine compares.

I was a 3.5 GPA, and only applied to Rosalind Franklin....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

LuLu in Cleveland, Ohio

58 months ago

A in Wheeling, Illinois said: I am a second year student in the Rosalind Franklin Pathologists' Assistant program. I interviewed at Quinnipiac and Rosalind Franklin. The interview at Rosalind Franklin was very painless. I felt at home from the moment I entered the school. The departmental staff is very nice and welcoming. Just be yourself, make sure you are professional, and you will do fine. Good Luck. The nice thing is that they don't usually make you wait long to hear if you are accepted. I found out that I got into the program about a week after my interview.

Thank you so much for the reassurance. I am very excited about the interview and am glad to hear that John, Brandi and the other staff were as nice as they seemed when the came to our hospital to talk about the program. They seemed very personable and motivated for the program and their students. Where are you doing your second year clinicals at if you don't mind me asking?

~L.

A in Wheeling, Illinois

58 months ago

L.

I am finishing up a one month autopsy rotation at the Cook County ME office right now and then I will back at Lutheran General Hospital in Park Ridge, IL to finish my surgical pathology rotation. Every student does an one month rotation at the Cook County ME office. It is quite an experience. I have learned so much in a short period of time. I have really enjoyed everything about this program so far. It is challenging, but well worth it. Good Luck.

A

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

A in Chicago, Illinois

58 months ago

To: A in Wheeling, IL

How long did you have to wait after applying did you hear back from Quinnipiac and Rosalind Franklin? Also, what were some of your motivating factors for choosing Rosalind Franklin as your PA school? Thanks for any input.

A in Wheeling, Illinois

58 months ago

Quinnipiac put me on a wait list, I can't remember how long I waited to hear, it was a while, they have a history of making people wait from what I have heard. About half of their incoming class each year comes from the wait list of people they did not have room for the year before(just what i have heard). Rosalind Franklin on the other hand, after my interview I found out in about a week. It all happened very quick, I found out fairly quickly that they wanted an interview after I sent in my app. I liked the school right away, the people, the atmosphere better at RF. At RF the department really seems to care about the students and they take our input to improve the program seriously. RF is also the number one program in the country. The two programs cost about the same amount. One thing that I did not like about Quinnipiac is that the labs are at the VA medical center that is about 20 min from the school so you have to travel back and forth. At RF the labs are really nice and they are on site. RF has no undergrads at the school(Quinn does), it is all medical professionals in training. So I felt like the school as a whole was more geared towards what I wanted. It is a small school. Either program is good, I think it is a personal choice more then anything. If you really want to get into the field, keep your options open. If you don't get in the first time, try again, get exposure and experience in the field if you can it helps more than grades sometimes. They want people who truly have a passion for the field. Good Luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ecrunner in Eau Claire, Wisconsin

58 months ago

How do you know that RF is the top program? Is there a list?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

PA Student in Pennsylvania

58 months ago

There is NO "best program". It is not a cakewalk to get an accredited program, so clearly the 9 schools that offer it are special to begin with. While doing some research on the profession before I applied, I email several pathologists across the entire US (including some very well known doctors) and all of them said that as long as the program is accredited, it is more about your recommendations than anything. You should get adequate grossing/autopsy experience no matter where you go, so again, there is no best program.

-J

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Pam Ward in Rockford, Illinois

53 months ago

We have an outstanding Pathology department, chaired by Dr. David Laib. We are just putting together our first Certified Pathology Assistant job opportunity here, and are looking for the best way to reach the best prospective candidates. We are finalizing our details (job requirements, position duties, salary range, etc.) in the coming week and should have it posted to our website, www.osfsaintanthony.org/employment, soon. What advice can you give us?

T.B. in Phoenix, Arizona

50 months ago

I'm not sure why someone would claim that RF is the best program in the country? Based on what? Duke & Quinnipiac students almost always have the highest board certification scores (See AAPA board scores). Quinnipiac will require 12 full months of grossing at multiple hospitals around the country to include Yale, Boston Mass, Rochester, Syracuse and Texas Medical Center (largest medical center in the world). I highly recommend a school that has an aggressive job placement program though. I personally think the best school would be whichever you're most comfortable with. Get input from students from multiple programs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Tom in North Chicago, Illinois

47 months ago

T.B. in Phoenix, Arizona said: I'm not sure why someone would claim that RF is the best program in the country? Based on what? Duke & Quinnipiac students almost always have the highest board certification scores (See AAPA board scores). Quinnipiac will require 12 full months of grossing at multiple hospitals around the country to include Yale, Boston Mass, Rochester, Syracuse and Texas Medical Center (largest medical center in the world). I highly recommend a school that has an aggressive job placement program though. I personally think the best school would be whichever you're most comfortable with. Get input from students from multiple programs.

RF is actually the most likely to put a student in debt upon graduation, tuition is high and the cost of living is even higher. The campus is centered around the Medical and Podiatry students. So, expect to come last on the food chain. You will be expected to have the same knowledge level as the medical students. If you cannot perform at the same level, you will retake the class and pay tuition again, quite common. Other than that, the school does an excellent job at integrating the Path Assistant students into classes with students of others programs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

TNPAhopeful in Clarksville, Tennessee

46 months ago

Check WVU's accreditation stats - in 2009 the NAACLS received the full 5 year accreditation as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

TNPAhopeful in Clarksville, Tennessee

46 months ago

Sorry, issued it to WVU.

Som Tawyer in Austin, Texas

22 months ago

I was wondering if anyone has landed an interview with RFU for May 2013? When did you apply? When did you hear?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

yellowpens in Portland, Oregon

16 months ago

I applied in January 2013 and interviewed 3/22. They said they would let us know within a week (super fast) but I haven't heard back yet.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

15 months ago

Just an update- I was accepted into the program on 4/3/13 after interviewing on 3/22/13.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lakeisha in Detroit, Michigan

12 months ago

yellowpens in Portland, Oregon said: Just an update- I was accepted into the program on 4/3/13 after interviewing on 3/22/13.

How many hours of grossing/ surgical exp
did you have before interview, did this help?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

12 months ago

Only about 20... I think most people have more (the pathologist I had the experience with told me it was not enough to get in) but the rest of my app made up for it. Also, my hours were all shadowing... no work/ volunteer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

ac in South Beloit, Illinois

10 months ago

Hello,

I saw this forum after researching the program through Google. I am curious if anyone has applied or is planning to apply for the 2014 start date. Maybe we can re-start the forum to network with one another and share information. The course webpage indicates interviews starting at end of September, has anyone heard anything?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

AC in Richland Center, Wisconsin

9 months ago

Thanks Tanya,

If you could send me an email at acoxy1 [at] G mail [dot] com I will definitely utilize your willingness to answer questions. Thanks again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

nina in Prospect Park, Pennsylvania

9 months ago

Tanya in Waukegan, Illinois said: hi everyone i came across this blog and just wanted to reach out to new upcoming students who are interested in the PathA program at Rosalind Franklin. I am a current student in the program and would love to answer any questions that you guys might have especially about the interview, as we all know can be very stressful and scary. also any questions about the program itself or anything else that you feel unsure about. I know how crazy stressful it was for me going through the application process and i had a ton of questions and no one really to answer them. So feel free to send me a message and good luck!

Tanya, you are so nice.I am going to apply for class'14. could you please send me your email at ninageorgeli@gmail.com, I have a couple Qs about PA program at RF?

chialis in Fresno, California

9 months ago

Hi everyone, I was just offered an interview on December 2 and was wondering if anyone else is also interviewing. Tanya, can you pm me at chia_lis@yahoo.com

Tanya in Waukegan, Illinois

9 months ago

Hi everyone. So I’ve been getting several emails regarding what to expect during the RF interviews and I just wanted to share my experience with all of you here instead of writing individual emails. Just want you guys to keep in mind that this was my experience during the interview and I’m sure if you are to ask another student they might tell you their side of the story a bit differently. When I interviewed things were done a little but differently, so I will tell you about my experience and also how the interviews are conducted now. I had a group interview, which the word alone was horrific to me. There were about 20+ of us and we were split in 2 groups. We first took the tour of the campus, which was conducted by the current students at that time. This was your time to ask the students any questions or concerns you have about the program. I would suggest to ask questions that are meaningful to you that way when the faculty asks those students if anyone stood out to them they would be able to remember you. after that we were finally splitup in to 2 groups of about 15 people and were interviewed for 30 minutes with one set of faculty and 30 minutes with a different set of faculty. They would ask us a question and we would go around the room and answer them. So good thing is, they are no longer doing group interviews! you will have a one on one interview with each of the faculty (you will be given “x” amount of time with each faculty) So it might put a bit more pressure on you but it will give you a chance to let them learn more about you and your personality. I have to say few things though, the whole interview process will not feel like a formal interview at all. The faculty are truly amazing and they want to make you feel as comfortable as they can. I know it is ridiculous to even ask someone to not be shy and nervous since it's a given, but i have to tell you guys that you need to be confident in yourself and for most be yourself.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

9 months ago

Thanks for your input, Tanya! I had the same experience with the group interview.. it felt informal and relaxed. They really want to get to know you as person and see if you'll fit into the school/ program.

I was accepted for 2013 but deferred to 2014 so I'll be moving out there next May. I have some questions about North Chicago.. could you email me at neubauer.er @ gmail?

Also.. if anybody has any questions about the application process or interviewing email me as well.

It's great to hear they stopped doing group interviews. I didn't like that system because they'd ask a question that doesn't have a whole lot of variability and then all 10+ people have to answer.. and you don't just want to repeat what the person in front of you said.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bobo1234 in Adell, Wisconsin

9 months ago

I just had my interview last week and the suspense is killing me!!!!!!

Hanlinh in Albuquerque, New Mexico

9 months ago

Hey Bobo1234,
I don't know if you still remember me, the unlucky person that got really sick lolz. I don't know how to get in touch with everyone. I just want to wish all you guys good-luck of getting in. I didn't got it, which i kind of expect. My medicine wore off during the interview, I was not even sure what i was saying. However, even though i may not be your guys classmate, but in the future, i pretty sure we meet again since we going to the same field.

For upcoming interview applicant, do not take your the flu shot around the end of Nov - early Dec Lolz. I'm guessing that the next interview section. This year interview were different from what i been hearing. You'll get about 10 mins with each interviewer, one on one. Just don't get sick lolz. I think you guys will enjoy the school, they have lots of activities for students. They have a really nice cadaver lab. I wish i could go, but oh well thing happen for a reason.

Bobo1234 in Adell, Wisconsin

9 months ago

Han, were you wait-listed or rejected? What does your email say?

Hanlinh in Albuquerque, New Mexico

9 months ago

hey bobo1234,

sorry for late reply, but remember the ear problem that i had, it progress to ear infection. What a luck huh? Anyway, it a rejection email. How about you? did you get in?

8 months ago

Hey guys, I created a facebook group for the class of 2016:
Rosalind Franklin Pathology Assistant Class of 2016
Fingers crossed for you, Bob!

Cory N in North Chicago, Illinois

6 months ago

Hahahahahahaaha, Tanya, stop being nice.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

maymae in Berkeley, California

5 months ago

Anyone know of any current forum or group? I just got an interview offer that I am super excited about!

5 months ago

yellowpens in Portland, Oregon said: Hey guys, I created a facebook group for the class of 2016:
Rosalind Franklin Pathology Assistant Class of 2016
Fingers crossed for you, Bob!

Is this still available?

5 months ago

Yes it is.. I seem to be unable to post a link so e-mail me at neubauer.er@gmail.com and I can send it to you.

someone in Marshfield, Wisconsin

5 months ago

maymae in Berkeley, California said: Anyone know of any current forum or group? I just got an interview offer that I am super excited about!

when did you applied? I applied in first week of Nov 2013 and haven't heard anything.

Mandy8 in Fort Collins, Colorado

5 months ago

maymae in Berkeley, California said: Anyone know of any current forum or group? I just got an interview offer that I am super excited about!

I got an interview offer too! Are you going to be there this Friday? I'm really excited, but also nervous!

MeisieMae in Omaha, Nebraska

5 months ago

I was accepted for the program a few months ago and I am excited to meet my classmates. Good luck on your interview Mandy8. The interview was quite a whirlwind but it was nice to meet the faculty and current students.

5 months ago

Congrats on being accepted! I had my interview on Friday, they said they would tell us by the end of next week if we're in or not. I actually really liked the interview process! Going on the tour first really calmed my nerves, and it was nice that we got to me one on one with the staff. I was imagining me sitting in the middle of a room in front of a table with 5 or 6 staff members, but it was so laid back, they really made me feel welcome.

hospitalgreenPKS in Chicago, Illinois

4 months ago

I had an interview at Drexel (submitted Feb. 14) & thought it went well, but probably won't hear back for a few weeks, as they still have other interviews to conduct before making decisions for their final openings.

I also applied to UMB (submitted Feb. 1) & RFUMS (submitted Feb. 28).

I am wondering if anyone knows the typical turn-around from submission of complete application to the request for interviews at either of these latter 2 programs or could share what the waiting time was in their experience.

4 months ago

hey! Sorry I didn't see these post! Yea, I had my interview in the beginning of Feb and was accepted! The interview process for RFUMS was amazing. I applied at the end of Nov, received an interview offer in the middle of jan, interviewed the first week of feb, and was accepted the second week of feb.

4 months ago

Also, the school was pretty good in sending emails that my application was still under review about every two weeks. if you haven't heard anything from them, I would call to make sure that your email is correct or that they have officially received it.

4 months ago

Thanks for the timeline! I appreciate it. I just received an email today saying that my application is with admissions now, so hopefully that is a good sign of an interview invite to come. I found out today that I was wait-listed for Drexel, which is fine as long as I get an interview someplace else. Crossing my fingers that we will be in the same cohort in May!

4 months ago

I don't think RFUMS interviews any later than late March/ early May.. at leas they did not last year! So you may get an interview invite with not a whole lot of notice but it's important to get to the first one they offer you as they do rolling admissions.

4 months ago

Goodluck hospitalgreenPKS :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

4 months ago

maymae in Berkeley, California said: Goodluck hospitalgreenPKS :)

Thanks, maymae!

4 months ago

yellowpens in Portland, Oregon said: I don't think RFUMS interviews any later than late March/ early May.. at leas they did not last year! So you may get an interview invite with not a whole lot of notice but it's important to get to the first one they offer you as they do rolling admissions.

I realize that since it is the end of the application cycle, should I be invited to interview, the earlier the better. I'm sure they don't have very many spots left at this point since the program starts in May.

3 months ago

Hello, I was wondering if anyone from the waiting list has heard anything? I got put on the waiting list in early February and haven't heard anything since. The closer we get to May the less hopeful I'm becoming, and I don't know if they'd be able to tell me how many they've accepted so far if I called? Also, does anyone know if I would stay on the waiting list for the next cycle? Congrats to all who got it, and thanks to anyone with answers!

AM in Chicago, Illinois

3 months ago

Hello Mandy8,

I got accepted in the program but had to defer till next year. I heard that someone else also deferred so that leaves two open seats. They will probably reach out to two applicants sometime next week.

AM in Chicago, Illinois

3 months ago

Good luck Mandy8

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.