I can't find a J O B!!!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

doctorevil3232 in Chicago, Illinois

63 months ago

I've lived in Chicago for a month now, and I can't find a damn job to save my life! I've looked online in places like craigslist.com and the Tribune's classifieds, but I'm not getting any kind of responses. A buddy told me about www.backpage.com, I guess it's a craigslist clone site, but i haven't poked around on it yet. Anyone else been on there or know of any other sites I can go to for job postings? This is getting ridiculous.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Kate Fetahaj in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

62 months ago

Hi, i am responding to the add that you have posted. The woman i am working for is in need for a personal assistant. Pays great 200K-400K per year. If you have more questions please contact. Kate.Fetahaj@publicist.com. Hope to hear from you soon.

Kate

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (22) Reply - Report abuse

Housewife in Jackson Heights, New York

61 months ago

You call yourself doctor eveil and wonder why you can't find a job????????????????????????????????????

doctorevil3232 in Chicago, Illinois said: I've lived in Chicago for a month now, and I can't find a damn job to save my life! I've looked online in places like craigslist.com and the Tribune's classifieds, but I'm not getting any kind of responses. A buddy told me about www.backpage.com , I guess it's a craigslist clone site, but i haven't poked around on it yet. Anyone else been on there or know of any other sites I can go to for job postings? This is getting ridiculous.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

dfdsf in Chicago, Illinois

58 months ago

what: I need some computer assistance. There is no training or experience required. Being detail oriented and reliable is important!

examples of what I would ask you to do : set up facebook profile, contact people via emails, post a question on linkedIn etc. Nothing complicated. Very simple computer tasks. Any task I ask you to perform, I will show how to do it. I will guide you throughout everything. So you are never left alone, not knowing what to do. I will never ask you to buy me a coffee, like lot of the personal assistant jobs require! The number of hours you choose to work is entirely up to you. The only thing I expect is that if you choose to do a task, you get it done on time - in other words, be reliable! and be serious!

pay: I cannot pay money. However, I am very resourceful, so your pay is using me as a resource. After working for me, your personal assistance skills will sharpen! you can take this experience and get a paid personal assistance job in the future! you can also use me as a reference! You will learn a lot on how to network with others. This is a win-win situation: you learn from me and I get some help from you. There is a possibility that I can pay you in the future, but no guarantee!

Below are some things I relate to (and you can use me as a resource for):

- SAT Math, high school math, starting a business, entrepreneurship, networking in Chicago, General Electric, Siemens corporation, professional internships with GE and Siemens, how to get into a college, how to do well academically in high school and college, how to choose a college, pre-medical studies, pre-dental studies, how to build a resume, how to ace a job interview, how to get an internship, tennis, dancing, professional contacts (a lot of them), Industrial Engineering, Georgia Tech, Atlanta, Georgia, Dalton (Carpets), Arizona, lots of job related contacts with big corporations and lot more!

About me: I am a recent college grad. I graduated with an eng

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Mr. Slack in Los Angeles, California

57 months ago

Kate Fetahaj in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: Hi, i am responding to the add that you have posted. The woman i am working for is in need for a personal assistant. Pays great 200K-400K per year. If you have more questions please contact. Kate.Fetahaj@publicist.com. Hope to hear from you soon.

Kate

my name is Shaqune and I am in need of a job as well is there anymore assistant positions open

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

sdfds in Chicago, Illinois

57 months ago

Mr. Slack in Los Angeles, California said: my name is Shaqune and I am in need of a job as well is there anymore assistant positions open

yes there is. entraman@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Jobless & Desperate in Sumter, South Carolina

57 months ago

I've only been looking for about two months now. Needless to say I am equally frustrated. I moved here from California in attempt to save some money. So far my plan hasn't been an easy one. What was I thinking? I am beyond frustrated and want to work, but finding work is almost near impossible. I will be checking out that link. Hopefully, it's not full of fake ads and scams like Craigslist. Thanks for your post. Hopefully you've found a job by now!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Brad Tyler in Johannesburg, South Africa

22 months ago

May I ask how I can get in contact with you?
I need a very advanced PA

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Morrie in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

16 months ago

I'm a graphic designer 2 months of searching and there's nothing, not a single job..In any work field..uffffffff!

Pam J in Miami, Florida

15 months ago

doctorevil3232 in Chicago, Illinois said: I've lived in Chicago for a month now, and I can't find a damn job to save my life! I've looked online in places like craigslist.com and the Tribune's classifieds, but I'm not getting any kind of responses. A buddy told me about www.backpage.com , I guess it's a craigslist clone site, but i haven't poked around on it yet. Anyone else been on there or know of any other sites I can go to for job postings? This is getting ridiculous.

It's rough. This article has a good list of other sites and ideas. www.jobunlocker.com/blog/cant-find-a-job-6-little-known-places-to-look/

Elaine D. in Albany, New York

12 days ago

I know it's been quite a long time since you posted this. I'm a career consultant and resume writer, trained by the National Resume Writers' Association. If you haven't found a job or are looking for a better job, here are some ideas. Spend only 15% of your time looking for a job online, and 85% in person job networking. People hire people they know, so you have to get out there in person. Go to the library and ask about all the career and resume resources. Your topics will be match your personality to a career, MBTI, DISC, hidden job market, informational interviewing, company research. Also go to your local labor dept. for help. Ask for an appointment with a career consultant. Also look at the local newspaper for job networking. It will be under the category of calendar, events, community, etc. Whenever you talk to people, tell them what you can do - don't tell them what you want. In other words, you need to tell people how you can be of value to them. Prospective employers what to hear what you can do for them. Here's an example: (wrong - "you" oriented) I need a job that pays $... I need an office to work in. I don't want to do this and that. Example: (right - "them" oriented) I am a diverse professional who can save you money and time. I've taken the initiative to set up phone and office systems, I can offer proven excellent customer service, I can offer you prompt, professional, flexible service. I took the initiative to develop forms that make the office more efficient (saving time), and continue to be in use in that office. Be honest and take your time developing the best "advertisement" for your job search.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.