Not sure why im helping you guys, but what the heck!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

Alpha

84 months ago

Your all after one thing, money! Please dont give me a lame excuse of pride and love for the industry. Ive worked as Marketing Director for 3 years for a well established pharmacy chain (private owned). The things you need to know and I hope will appreciate are simple yet often over looked.
First off, dont be cheap at all.
Follow my steps and I give you my word you will get a job in the pharmaceutical industry.
Step one 1) If you created your own resume, throw it in the garbage. I dont care if its made of gold. Go get yourself a professional.
Need to borrow the money, than borrow it!
Step 2) Do not listen to what he or she said.
You have your qualifications, make them work for you and also MENTION in your resume any sports activities but dont be fake.
Step 3) Go directly to the Pharmaceutical Company website, not some Recruiter.
Step 4)Kiss Ass. This is a last resort but will at times get you places. Go to the Doctors office, and be flirty with the girl working there and ask her if you could see the pharmaceutical cards. If your a girl than say a sad story , and than copy those cards or write town 10-15 emails and email those reps.
Step 5) Dont spend money on CNPRX whatever its called. If you dont have the experience to begin with , do you think that will get it for you. That is like the army hiring a sniper who took a 3 month shooting course but never served or practiced before that! ( not one of my best examples) .
Step 6) Be confident, your the shi#. Dont put yourself down and yes as dumb as this may sound to some of you smart ass's but workout, run, do pushups, eat healthy, that makes you feel better allllll together.
Listen , i really wish all of you luck and remember , you can get into anything but never aim for the impossible, God created all of us different with different skills, but such a job , it is doable.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (72) / No (36) Reply - Report abuse

Pam in Montgomery, Alabama

81 months ago

Alpha said: Your all after one thing, money! Please dont give me a lame excuse of pride and love for the industry. Ive worked as Marketing Director for 3 years for a well established pharmacy chain (private owned). The things you need to know and I hope will appreciate are simple yet often over looked.
Follow my steps and I give you my word you will get a job in the pharmaceutical industry.
Step one 1) If you created your own resume, throw it in the garbage. I dont care if its made of gold. Go get yourself a professional.
You have your qualifications, make them work for you and also MENTION in your resume any sports activities but dont be fake.
Step 4)Kiss Ass. This is a last resort but will at times get you places. Go to the Doctors office, and be flirty with the girl working there and ask her if you could see the pharmaceutical cards. If your a girl than say a sad story , and than copy those cards or write town 10-15 emails and email those reps.
Step 5) Dont spend money on CNPRX whatever its called. If you dont have the experience to begin with , do you think that will get it for you. That is like the army hiring a sniper who took a 3 month shooting course but never served or practiced before that! ( not one of my best examples) .
Step 6) Be confident, your the shi#. Dont put yourself down and yes as dumb as this may sound to some of you smart ass's but workout, run, do pushups, eat healthy, that makes you feel better allllll together.
Listen , i really wish all of you luck and remember , you can get into anything but never aim for the impossible, God created all of us different with different skills, but such a job , it is doable.

Alpha...you are so awesome. I love it that you keep it real real!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

09hamilton in Lewisville, Texas

71 months ago

to all.. advance medical is hiring pharma sales reps NO experience needed, in phoenix, dallas, possibly for positions available nationwide. hope this is helpful.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

sannvil in Jacksonville, Florida

59 months ago

Hi everyone. Im new to the site . I just want to ask you guys if you have some tips on how to get a pharmaceutical job here in the states. I worked with Novartis for 6 years handled primary care products cardiovascular, and my husband was with Bristol Myers Squibb also for 6 years outside US. We migrated here because I decided to practice my Nursing profession here. Im actually asking for my husband. He has very good track record, He was Man of the year back to back and has been consistently on the top when he was with BMS. He applied here in the US but has not had any luck yet. I would appreciate some tips. Thank you. :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Swetasri bhattacharya in asansol, India

33 months ago

Hi,frnds am new in dis site.can u tell me, working in a pharma industry in marketing as MR is it possible for girls?am a pharmacy students pls help me

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

RBS20 in mumbai, India

10 months ago

i have a Ph.D.in microbiology and 9 yrs.experience in molecular biology. After trying at many places i feel that there are no satisfactory jobs (either less salary,or too far placed) and have decided to float my own online company.

Since pharmaceuticals have a big market share, I wish to know if there are any web based searches as patent information, drug history or other that they would like to outsource to small players like me.

also if somebody can suggest how to approach pharma companies so that they can outsource some of their work to me.

Thanks any help would be greatly appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

kayakesva in Glen Allen, Virginia

9 months ago

Alpha said: Your all after one thing, money! Please dont give me a lame excuse of pride and love for the industry. Ive worked as Marketing Director for 3 years for a well established pharmacy chain (private owned). The things you need to know and I hope will appreciate are simple yet often over looked.

One would expect that a marketing director would know the proper usage of "your" and "you're".

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

fady gayed in Orlando, Florida

2 months ago

are there any entry level pharmaceutical jobs in Orlando, FL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

compounding in West Palm Beach, Florida

1 month ago

Our company offers all pharmaceutical reps both salary and commission. If you are interested please feel free to email your resume to mnicolasenteprise@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

compounding in West Palm Beach, Florida

1 month ago

fady gayed in Orlando, Florida said: are there any entry level pharmaceutical jobs in Orlando, FL

Our company offers all pharmaceutical reps both salary and commission. If you are interested please feel free to email your resume to mnicolasenteprise@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

fady gayed in Orlando, Florida

1 month ago

compounding in West Palm Beach, Florida said: Our company offers all pharmaceutical reps both salary and commission. If you are interested please feel free to email your resume to mnicolasenteprise@gmail.com

thanks a lot that's awesome. i will be sending you my resume and hope to here from you soon. also if you don't mind me asking, what is the name of your company??

thanks a lot

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.