Show me the money...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 63)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Host

What are typical pharmacist salaries? Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Reply - Report abuse

alfie in Brockton, Massachusetts

93 months ago

100,000 dollars us

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Joe Giauque in Grand Junction, Colorado

93 months ago

I am a recruiter employed by St. Mary's Hospital in Grand Junction, CO. We are the largest hospital between Denver and Salt Lake City. Grand Junction gets about 300 days of sunshine per year, and surrounded by a variety of equally stunning landscapes. Right now I'm looking for a Pharmacist to fill a full-time day shift opening. I am an employee of St. Mary's Hospital and can say that it is the best organization I've ever worked for. I'd love to meet anybody out there, even if you aren't in one of the areas I'm currently recruiting for.

www.stmarygj.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Bryan

92 months ago

Joe Giauque in Grand Junction, Colorado said: I am a recruiter employed by St. Mary's Hospital in Grand Junction, CO. We are the largest hospital between Denver and Salt Lake City. Grand Junction gets about 300 days of sunshine per year, and surrounded by a variety of equally stunning landscapes. Right now I'm looking for a Pharmacist to fill a full-time day shift opening. I am an employee of St. Mary's Hospital and can say that it is the best organization I've ever worked for. I'd love to meet anybody out there, even if you aren't in one of the areas I'm currently recruiting for.

www.stmarygj.com

Joe, I am looking for a pharmacist intern position in the near future.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Heather Ali in Raleigh, North Carolina

89 months ago

Joe Giauque in Grand Junction, Colorado said: I am a recruiter employed by St. Mary's Hospital in Grand Junction, CO. We are the largest hospital between Denver and Salt Lake City. Grand Junction gets about 300 days of sunshine per year, and surrounded by a variety of equally stunning landscapes. Right now I'm looking for a Pharmacist to fill a full-time day shift opening. I am an employee of St. Mary's Hospital and can say that it is the best organization I've ever worked for. I'd love to meet anybody out there, even if you aren't in one of the areas I'm currently recruiting for.

www.stmarygj.com

Hi, Joe. I love the passion that exudes in your description of St. Mary's! If you ever partner with pharmacist recruiters, I can help you. I direct Orion HP and we recruit both military and civilian pharmacists all the way up to the VP level. We focus on hospital pharmacists as a large percentage of our clients are hospitals and health systems.

Please feel free to connect with me offline if I can be a resource for you.

Heather Ali
Senior Healthcare Executive
Orion Health Professionals,
a division of Orion International
<Edited by Host: Contact Info Removed>
hali@orioninternational.com
www.orionhp.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Heather Ali in Raleigh, North Carolina

89 months ago

I like this website for calculating pharmacist salaries. If you ignore the ads and don't mind giving them your email address, it's a great site and it's pretty realistic.

www.allpharmacistsalaries.com/

Heather Ali
Senior Healthcare Executive
Orion Health Professionals,
a division of Orion International
<Edited by Host: Contact Information Removed>
hali@orioninternational.com
www.orionhp.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jay La Forest in Washington, District of Columbia

87 months ago

A Drug Topics survey shows that nationwide the average pharmacist pay among their 910 respondents was up to $94,927 annually for a workweek just under an average 41 hours. Institutional pharmacists averaged $97,545, retail pharmacists were at $92,291, or about $47 an hour, $2 less than the institutional workers per hour did. Figures for Maryland, included, as the northernmost of the Southeast states were $92,832 in retail, $100,298 institutional. Countrywide, the hourly rate for men was $49.69, for women $44.73. PharmD has averaged $52.17 per hour, B.S. Pharmacists, $48.53. Bear in mind that the survey represented a small portion of the nation's pharmacists, who reported voluntarily.

Jay La Forest, RPh
Senior Pharmacy Search Consultant
Management Recruiters of the
Baltimore-Washington Corridor
<Edited by Host: Contact Information Removed>

laforest@recruitergurus.com

www.mrinetwork.com/network/index.htm

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

rphrecruiter in Dallas, Texas

86 months ago

Hello Mark,
email me at manalansan@ddrworkforce.com and i can further assist you.

rphrecruiter

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

86 months ago

Hello,
Send your resume to recruiter@ddrworkforce.com and we will assist you with your questions and needs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

Mark Dindo Lapad in Manapa, Philippines said: Im a filipino pharmacist. and im interested to work in US. and willing to undergo training. i know that i have to take the FPGEe but i need something like a good supporting documents to present in US embassy here in the philippines so that they will approve my visa immediately. Does anyone know any company that accepts sponsorships?..even if my entry is just a utility.. i know that when time comes i will be able to take the FPGEE and the Board of pharmacy..its just like a steppin stone....HOPe somebody cares and help me.....

Hi Mark,
We are about to launch our website for DDR Workforce LLC.
Can you resend your resume to me at info@ddrworkforce.com?

Dory

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

Abegail Vizonde in Makati, Philippines said: Hi, same as Mark,Im a filipino pharmacist and im interested to work in US. and willing to undergo training. im also looking for some sponsorships. Hope you can help me.

Hi Abigail,
We would certainly like to help, send your resume to me at info@ddrworkforce.com.

Dory

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

varsha Patel in Allentown, Pennsylvania

83 months ago

Joe Giauque in Grand Junction, Colorado said:

I have passed the FPGEC exams and received the certification.I am here on H1B visa.Can I know if there are any positions available.?Whom do I contact and what documents are required?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

Hello Joe,
Email me at info@ddrworkforce.com and we can walk you through the steps.

bina in Allentown, Pennsylvania

83 months ago

ijust passed my fpgee and i want to work as intern.in any state. i am here on h1 . thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

Hi Bina,
Go to our website: DDRWORKFORCE.COM ,submit your info and we'll get you started.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Rincy in Austin, Texas

83 months ago

bina in Allentown, Pennsylvania said: ijust passed my fpgee and i want to work as intern.in any state. i am here on h1 . thanks

Hi,

i'm a pharmacist, just came to US from India.I wanted to give my FPGEE..Since u went thru the process can u plz mail me the FPGEE elegibility requirements..rincypaul@gmail.com

thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

JA in Kathmandu, Nepal

83 months ago

I am a pharmacist with FPGEC certificate. I am currently living in Nepal. Can I apply for internship position from here?

BR in Erfurt, Germany

83 months ago

Hi I already passed the FPGEE but still need to take the TOEFL. I'm currently visiting family abroad. I'm looking for an Intern position preferably in a hospital anywhere in the US. I don't need visa sponsorship. Can anybody help me? My e-mail: rebecca499@yahoo.com
Thank you.

83 months ago

I can connect you with a major employer for an intern position.
Email me at info@ddrworkforce.com

Lucia in Frisco, Texas

80 months ago

Hi guys,

I am having a hard time to find intership. I already completed all the exams required by the board, but as a foreign I need 1500 hours internship. I have no experience in a pharmacy, do you think i should go ahead and find some technician job? I am lost... I would appreciate any suggestion. I am located in North Dallas, TX.

Magpie in Hood River, Oregon

80 months ago

You can tell by the way recruiters have hijacked your thread that job prospects are good for pharmacists.

Staff pharmacists in my chain are earning $50 per hour in Oregon. It's not the best. If you're willing to be a manager, it's a little more ($53?, not sure).

Your question is a good one, and I hope more pharmacists you can give you some more real answers.

Jay La Forest RPh in Washington, District of Columbia

80 months ago

Jay La Forest, RPh
Senior Pharmacy Search Consultant
Management Recruiters of the
Baltimore-Washington Corridor
<Edited by Host: Contact Info Removed>
laforest@recruitergurus.com

For the first time Drug Topics conducted our exclusive salary survey, the average annual base salary of our respondents has cracked the six-figure ceiling. The average annual base salary of all 1,176 respondents to our online survey was $107,403 in 2007, compared with $94,927 in 2006.
Of all seven groups in our survey, pharmacists working in health maintenance organizations pulled in the fattest paycheck—they racked up $114,067 last year. They were followed by pharmacists who practice at independent pharmacies ($109,618); mass-merchandisers ($109,466); chains ($107,885); hospitals ($107,168); supermarkets ($106,302); and mail order ($101,500).
In today's job market earning a Pharm.D. degree helped pharmacists fetch $109,527—only $3,000 more than pharmacists who have their name emblazoned on a B.S. diploma.
In our last survey in 2006, pharmacists with a Pharm.D. degree out earned their B.S. colleagues by an average of $5,238. Pharm.D. practitioners reported an average base salary of $101,620, compared with $96,382 for B.S. pharmacists.

Kavita Mohan in San Diego, California

79 months ago

Hi Guys,

I am also in the same boat as some of you looking for internship positions. Would anybody know as to how hard is it to find an internship position in and around San Diego? Any kind of help will be highly appreciated.

Lorelei Velasco in Saint Joseph, Trinidad and Tobago

79 months ago

www.stmarygj.com

Hi Joe,

I am interested in doing internship. I don't know how you can help me. I am registered pharmacist in the Philippines and is currently working as a hospital pharmacist in the Caribbean.

Email me at lorelievelasco@yahoo.com for any opportunity.

Thanks and have a great day.

--lorelei

tai2008 in Houston, Texas

78 months ago

Hi guys,
I am looking for internship in Texas. I have already passed NAPLEX and MPJE but I need internship hours. Can anybody help me? I willing to relocate to any area in Texas. My email is taiwo08@gmail.com
Any help will be appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lucia in Frisco, Texas

78 months ago

Hi

I am in the same situation as you are. I have been looking for internship in North Dallas and it has been very difficult. I think it it is because of teh summer. Now if you are willing to relocate it will make it easier. Wallmart and Walgreens offered some positions to me in Waco, Fort Worth, Decator and other far tows for me. I will start my intership in a hospital and also in one independent pharmacy. It is easy to find in these locations, however it is not paid most of the time.
e-mail me for more details: luciaam@tx.rr.com
Good luck.
Lucia

suzanne nadege tchapa leukam in tours, France

78 months ago

Hi

I am interested in doing internship in Maryland or Virgine or DC. I don't know how you can help me. I am registered pharmacist in France and is currently working as quality assurance pharmacist in pharmaceutical company (i worked 3 month in hospital and 2 years in pharmacy retail)
My Boyfriend leave in Baltimore and i'm going to pass my FPGEE in december.

Thank you for your Help

Email tnadege@gmail.com for any opportunity.

Nadège

Intern Pharm in Coquitlam, British Columbia

77 months ago

Check this website to find jobs available to pharmacists licensed in Canada. This website covers only one province, British Columbia

www.healthmatchbc.org

Another interesting site is

canadianpharmacyexamprep.myicourse.com

Intern Pharm in Coquitlam, British Columbia

77 months ago

Actually, the second website is

canadianpharmacyexamprep.myicourse.com

pavangotety in Schaumburg, Illinois

73 months ago

Joe,
I am a foreign pharmacist with FPGE Certification from NABP (eligibility for starting internship). I am currently seeking internship positions. I would need visa sponsorship as I currently live in Australia. Please send me your email address and I can email my resume, if you have any intern positions open.
Thanks

www.stmarygj.com

DaniG in Charleston, West Virginia

72 months ago

www.stmarygj.com

Hi,
I am currently completing my second year of pharmacy school (University of Charleston, WV School of Pharmacy) and looking for a pharmacy internship position in a hospital this summer. I have my undergraduate degree from Penn State University. Are there any opportunities for a pharmacy intern to work at St. Mary's in CO this summer 2009? I would love to have an oppportunity to work for this company.

Please let me know,
Thanks,
Dani G.

danigill3@yahoo.com

jenny in Edinburgh, United Kingdom

72 months ago

hi
i am a fourth year pharmacy student in the university od debrecen hungary,am studying for my Mpharm degree ,will be graduating in summer of 2010,am looking for a place for 3 months summer practice in any part of the world,in a hospital or coommunity pharmacy,would love to meet new people and learn at the same time.any information would be of great help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jhoannarita in Romayor, Texas

72 months ago

tai2008 in Houston, Texas said: Hi guys,
I am looking for internship in Texas. I have already passed NAPLEX and MPJE but I need internship hours. Can anybody help me? I willing to relocate to any area in Texas. My email is taiwo08@gmail.com
Any help will be appreciated.

hi, you can try to apply personally in different pharmacy chains like walgreens, cvs, kroger, target... i don't think that is hard to get an internship hours once they hired u,, i knew that those pharmacies that i've stated were accepting pharmacist intern, especially in your situation, hey, u already got all the requirements that they are looking for, for me u are more than qualified.. because in my case i am currently working as pharmacy technician. took fpgee and the manager told me that once i got my result pass then they will shift me as an intern employee,, but one more thing is i need to pass also toefl ibt, to get FPGEC then i have to submit that in texas state board of pharmacy and then they will issue me an intern no... that's it!! let's keep in touch... my email add is jhoannarita@yahoo.com..., so r u a girl or boy??? where u at in texas??

lakshmi in Bloomington, Illinois

71 months ago

Hi!
I am a foreign pharmacy graduate. I have passed FPGEE and TOEFL and have FPGEC certificate issued by NABP. I am looking for a pharmacy intern position in any of the pharmacy chain stores. I need visa sponsorship in order to start my internship. Please let me know if there are any intern positions available. My email address is write2laks@yahoo.com.

jessica canos in Seattle, Washington

68 months ago

can anyone help me how to get my fpgee and give me any helpful reviewers for fpgee eaxm .thank you.If you have books ill buy for it.eamil me at jessica canos@hotmail.com

gholam shirali in Gainesville, Florida

67 months ago

Bryan said: Joe, I am looking for a pharmacist intern position in the near future.

Hi bryan,

i am a pharmacist from uk, have fpge certificate, currently looking for sponsorship h1b to do my intern hours if you can help me please contact me ( gashirali@googlemai.com), i am willing to pay all the h1b filling fees myself.

Many thanks
Gholam Shirali

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

nmaina in Sandton, South Africa

67 months ago

Hi there

ive jus graduated with a Bpharm from rhodes universsity in South Africa and would like to do my internship in SA but if not the states would also be good could anyone who might have info on the requirments one would need to do this please let me know or if anyone is SA might know of an internship oppurtunity let me know as well my email is nikkibabu03@yahoo.co.uk.thanks a bunch

ron witt in New Caney, Texas

67 months ago

Host said: What are typical pharmacist salaries? Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

hi there my name is ron im looking for a pharmacists.i live in the houston texas area,im looking to start salary.of 150k per year plus bonuses

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

darshak in Sydney, Australia

65 months ago

jhoannarita in Romayor, Texas said: hi, you can try to apply personally in different pharmacy chains like walgreens, cvs, kroger, target... i don't think that is hard to get an internship hours once they hired u,, i knew that those pharmacies that i've stated were accepting pharmacist intern, especially in your situation, hey, u already got all the requirements that they are looking for, for me u are more than qualified.. because in my case i am currently working as pharmacy technician. took fpgee and the manager told me that once i got my result pass then they will shift me as an intern employee,, but one more thing is i need to pass also toefl ibt, to get FPGEC then i have to submit that in texas state board of pharmacy and then they will issue me an intern no... that's it!! let's keep in touch... my email add is jhoannarita@yahoo.com..., so r u a girl or boy??? where u at in texas??

hi,

My name is DARSHAK,n i'm living in sydney,australia.
I have cleared my FPGEE n also got the certificate by NABP and i have also passed my TOEFL.Now i am looking for a pharmacy intern job any where in USA.Do you have any idea about this job vacancy???I'm eligible for an E-3 visa as being an AUSTRALIAN CITIZEN and this visa doesn't need sponsorship.I just need an offer letter to get the visa.

Thank you for your time.
DARSHAK.

RXpittsburgh in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

64 months ago

I am looking for a pharmacy intern position in Pittsburgh,PA.I have cleared FPGEE and TOEFL.Kindly let me know if there are any opportunities in Pittsburgh or surrounding areas.

desiree in Malolos, Philippines

60 months ago

Hello there!! I'm a Filipina Licensed pharmacist working as Community Pharmacist here in the Philippines for almost 13 years. I am interested to work in U.S. but I know that there are lots of process I need to undergo before I can work in U.S. And financial issues rises here.. I am willing to undergo to the lowest position and to be a trainee. Anybody here who knows a company that accept sponsorship? At the right time I can able to take the FPGEE ad the Board of Examination in U.S. please anybody care to help . thank you.
my email ad is martinsjourney09@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Afua in Accra, Ghana

59 months ago

Your first step is to pass the FPGEE then you continue

59 months ago

what is the passing score for toefl? thanks

m0wna in Manila, Philippines

59 months ago

avatar in Makati, Philippines said: what is the passing score for toefl? thanks

The minimum score for the TOEFL is a score of 213 for the computer-based TOEFL and 550 for the paper-based TOEFL. The minimal passing score for the TSE is a score of 50.
The minimum score for the TOEFL iBT is 24 for Writing, 26 for Speaking, 18 for Listening, and 21 for Reading. Candidates must attain passing scores in each of the four sections reported on one official score report as a result of one testing session. Official score reports with a less than minimum score in any section will not be considered.

avatar in Las PiƱas, Philippines

59 months ago

thank you so much. i just took the toefl ibt.. im so nervous

sugar in Cebu, Philippines

55 months ago

hi~ im a filifino.. my friend and i were were planning to work abroad if chances are given, we both take up pharmacy course in philippines,,my friend graduated a year ago and working now,, near one year in the hospital as pharmacist. Hopefully ill be graduating this year and will took the board exam. I was wondering if a filipino citizen can work their?

thank you so much

sugar

ccampb24 in Palmer, Tennessee

53 months ago

I'm a Tennessee licensed PharmD. pharmacist wondering how to prepare for work as a pharmacist in the Bahamas. Will the governing bodies in the Bahamas honor or reciprocate a United States trained pharmacist? Any ideas where or from whom I might gather the intel from which to make this transition? I noticed you were looking for help in a post you created approximately 2 months ago. Exactly what type of assistance do you require? I've been involved in the field of pharmacy all my life. I graduated from the University of Tennessee College of Pharmacy in Memphis, TN, May 20th, 2007. I'm looking at possibly moving out of The States and on down to Freeport or Nassau. Any suggestions or comments, for example, on where to live? Please email me at: collispharmd@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mansi_tanna in Ahmadabad, India

53 months ago

hi,
i'm looking for pharmacy intern job in usa
I have paased my FPGEE n TOEFL.You r in his field since a very long time.So can u help me about any kind of information for the Intern vacancy in usa.I'm ready to relocate anywhere in USA.

thanks.

Qanai in Hounslow, United Kingdom

53 months ago

rphrecruiter in Dallas, Texas said: Hello Mark,
email me at manalansan@ddrworkforce.com and i can further assist you.

rphrecruiter

hello well i was planning to go to university in the uk then when i get my degree i wantred to move to california so i was wondering if u could help me and let me know how i can go there and any advise on how to find a job and any other information i will need on whatr i need to do to get a license there aswell.

Thank u so much and welll i am hoping to see a repy from u shortly
Thank u once again...

Bahamamama in Beverly Hills, California

52 months ago

ccampb24 in Palmer, Tennessee said: I'm a Tennessee licensed PharmD. pharmacist wondering how to prepare for work as a pharmacist in the Bahamas. Will the governing bodies in the Bahamas honor or reciprocate a United States trained pharmacist? Any ideas where or from whom I might gather the intel from which to make this transition? I noticed you were looking for help in a post you created approximately 2 months ago. Exactly what type of assistance do you require? I've been involved in the field of pharmacy all my life. I graduated from the University of Tennessee College of Pharmacy in Memphis, TN, May 20th, 2007. I'm looking at possibly moving out of The States and on down to Freeport or Nassau. Any suggestions or comments, for example, on where to live? Please email me at: collispharmd@gmail.com

Hi
what kind of info are u looking for on Freeport and Nassau?

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.