Will the job market for pharmacists improve anytime soon?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

fluffypenguin in Forest Hills, New York

25 months ago

Everyone's been talking about how the market for pharmacists is oversaturated, and how too many pharmacy schools are opening up, causing many new grads to be unemployed. If I was to pursue a degree in pharmacy right now, I'd graduate in 2020. Do you think the market will improve by then and there will be a demand for pharmacists again, or should I just pursue another career?

thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

aubie in Huntsville, Alabama

25 months ago

Get a pharm d, and then go to a real professional school...like dentistry or optometry

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Reggie Suerte in New York, New York

25 months ago

The sorry facts are simple: there are NO JOBS! If you want proof, check out what people are writing on the web. Here is an example: www.indeed.com/forum/job/pharmacist/Lies-about-pharmacist-job-market/t264349/p3
OR, just do a search for pharmacist jobs in, for example, New York, NY MONSTER.com lists 10 pharmacist positions in New York, NY, which is an area with a population of close to 12 million people. jobsearch.monster.com/search/Pharmacist_5?where=New-York__2C-NY
So, think you will get a job? Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

UsedRph in Madison, Alabama

17 months ago

aubie in Huntsville, Alabama said: Get a pharm d, and then go to a real professional school...like dentistry or optometry

Pharmacy....... Is this Kenneth?

news.wfsu.org/post/house-approves-letting-pharmacists-oversee-six-times-many-technicians

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

UsedRph in Madison, Alabama

17 months ago

Reggie Suerte in New York, New York said: The sorry facts are simple: there are NO JOBS! If you want proof, check out what people are writing on the web. Here is an example: www.indeed.com/forum/job/pharmacist/Lies-about-pharmacist-job-market/t264349/p3
OR, just do a search for pharmacist jobs in, for example, New York, NY MONSTER.com lists 10 pharmacist positions in New York, NY, which is an area with a population of close to 12 million people. jobsearch.monster.com/search/Pharmacist_5?where=New-York__2C-NY
So, think you will get a job? Good luck!

news.wfsu.org/post/house-approves-letting-pharmacists-oversee-six-times-many-technicians

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

UsedRph in Madison, Alabama

17 months ago

fluffypenguin in Forest Hills, New York said: Everyone's been talking about how the market for pharmacists is oversaturated, and how too many pharmacy schools are opening up, causing many new grads to be unemployed. If I was to pursue a degree in pharmacy right now, I'd graduate in 2020. Do you think the market will improve by then and there will be a demand for pharmacists again, or should I just pursue another career?

thanks

Read and think...
news.wfsu.org/post/house-approves-letting-pharmacists-oversee-six-times-many-technicians

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.