Kaiser Outpatient Pharm. Tech. Program

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (15)

Roana in Lathrop, California

51 months ago

Hello everyone! I'm a CphT and Registered Tech. here in Northern Cali. Been looking for a job for more than a year and still no luck. I tried Kaiser but one of their qualifications is that you have to complete Kaiser Outpatient PT Program. Dos anyone here knows about this and how to get into their program? Any info is highly appreciated. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

amylou in Los Angeles, California

50 months ago

Roana in Lathrop, California said: Hello everyone! I'm a CphT and Registered Tech. here in Northern Cali. Been looking for a job for more than a year and still no luck. I tried Kaiser but one of their qualifications is that you have to complete Kaiser Outpatient PT Program. Dos anyone here knows about this and how to get into their program? Any info is highly appreciated. Thanks.

I am a new grad, kept putting in aps to Kaiser online and just got an email invite with HR phone numbers to come take their own version of the test + typing test (even if you already have a certified one) They send you a little PDF file study guide. It implies that this is not an offer of employment, just the next step. You put your score in your resume, keep applying for jobs, and if they ask you to interview for a job and you get it, THEN you go to their pharmtech school. Long process, but just like when I got into the post office everyone says it's worth it!! They like
to hire/promote from the inside. Hope this helps. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Chrissy20 in Los Angeles, California

48 months ago

Hello!! I have a pharm tech group interview next week. can someone tell me how the interview is. Is it going to be individual interviews and how many? What kind of questions?
Is it one by one? Anything that could prepare me a little more will help. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

amylou in Inglewood, California

48 months ago

If you were in Woodland Hills today, then you already know.
If not then...about 20 people came for 4 positions, relaxed vibe, everyone took turns answering very basic questions for a 4 person panel. Took 2-3 hours. Practice your public speaking, be confident, and sum up your strengths in a few sentences. You will have very little actual speaking time. Hope that helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

MilpitasGuy in Milpitas, California

36 months ago

amylou in Los Angeles, California said: I am a new grad, kept putting in aps to Kaiser online and just got an email invite with HR phone numbers to come take their own version of the test + typing test (even if you already have a certified one) They send you a little PDF file study guide. It implies that this is not an offer of employment, just the next step. You put your score in your resume, keep applying for jobs, and if they ask you to interview for a job and you get it, THEN you go to their pharmtech school. Long process, but just like when I got into the post office everyone says it's worth it!! They like

I'm a little confused by your statement. You said after this long laborious process even if you're already a licensed California pharmacy technician with a CPhT, you still have to go back to THEIR pharm tech school? Did I hear that right? How much do you have to pay again for tuition and what not? How many months or years will this school take?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

amylou in Winnetka, California

36 months ago

This is in regards to KAISER employment only...since this post I have been hired as a "Pharmacy Assistant" at Kaiser which is more of a clerk/register position with limited drug contact. But if you were to be hired as a "Pharmacy Tech Trainee" they send you to a special course at the district office for a few weeks to teach you (and test you) on doing things the Kaiser way. You do not pay for this, it is paid training. So far I LOVE working for this company, good pay and benefits and I am treated fairly. Do not be put off by the group interview, stress your OPEN AVAILABILITY! Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

amarie in Los Angeles, California

36 months ago

hey amylou, im a new grad from pharm tech school. How do you get in the kaiser pharm tech program? I would LOVE to work at kasier!! anywhere in socal.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

amylou in Winnetka, California

36 months ago

amarie in Los Angeles, California said: hey amylou, im a new grad from pharm tech school. How do you get in the kaiser pharm tech program? I would LOVE to work at kasier!! anywhere in socal.

Again, I am NOT a pharm tech for Kaiser. (even though I am certified and registered)I am working as a "pharmacy assistant" If kaiser hires you as an assistant or clerk,no classes are needed. If they hire you as a tech, which they will only do if you are already PTCB certified and California registered, then they send you to THEIR classes. I know it is confusing, but the Kaiser pharm tech school is only given to those who have been offered a job. It's not something the public can do at-will.
YOu must go to their website, create a profile, and apply for all jobs you are interested in. Someone will email you and invite you to take a test at a medical center. If you pass, they will consider you for group interviews for positions. It is a slow process, be patient and follow directions. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

hihihi in Mt Baldy, California

36 months ago

if you become a pharm tech or assitant you should aim high and Kaiser is where you should aim for. Why you ask? The purpose of being there. They treat you like you are a somebody and they care what goes on in your life. All of your fellow employees and yourself is always happy because you guys are being treated fairly and paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaid for what you do vs. other pharmacy but on a side note, just remember when you are hired at Kaiser that you are expect to become kaiser and learn the kaiser way of doing things. They have very high standards and they do not want to hire any pharm tech, THEY WANT TO HIRE THAT 1 OUT OF 20. So if you want to get hired by them be THAT 1 PHARM TECH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BOTH MYSELF AND MY GIRLFRIEND ARE PHARM TECHS AT KAISER AND WE ARE VEEEEEEEERY HAPPY WHERE WE ARE. They saved us from dead end jobs and we love it there!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Vonnie in Napa, California

25 months ago

amylou in Los Angeles, California said: I am a new grad, kept putting in aps to Kaiser online and just got an email invite with HR phone numbers to come take their own version of the test + typing test (even if you already have a certified one) They send you a little PDF file study guide. It implies that this is not an offer of employment, just the next step. You put your score in your resume, keep applying for jobs, and if they ask you to interview for a job and you get it, THEN you go to their pharmtech school. Long process, but just like when I got into the post office everyone says it's worth it!! They like

I have a question? What school did you go to? I am looking for a good pharmacy school to take this year.
Thank you

essaaa in Fremont, California

25 months ago

Become a licensed pharmacy technician by the state board of California. Class will take only 4 months. Books will be provided for you. Twice a week. For more information please email me eansari09@yahoo.com

milpitasguy in Memphis, Tennessee

25 months ago

Well, I used to be pharm tech but the jobs were hard to come by in San Jose, CA. The ones that were available were part-time and it seemed no one wanted to hire full-time because of the additional overhead of paying benefits. I was part-time and believe it or not, they begrudge you for the hours you work per week. If you're doing 20 per week, they want to cut it down to 12 - or less. So, I said screw that I've had enough, I am going back to what I've been doing for the past 20 years which is computer programming. I have now moved to Memphis TN and work for Memphis Light Gas & Water, a publicly-owned utility company, like PG&E. The great thing about MLGW? No competition plus no matter if the euro collapses, folks here still need water, gas & electricity to live so this company will never run out of money.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

amylou in Tarzana, California

25 months ago

I paid $900 to an adult school in Thousand Oaks, part of the public school system.
Not sure what you got up in Napa.

Minty in Rowland Heights, California

17 months ago

For those who are interested in obtaining a pharmacy technician license, you don't HAVE to take a class. Yes, it is preferred because they do offer experience though. I bought a book from Barnes and Noble that is basically a large study guide with practice tests for the Pharmacy Technician test. I only bought the book and paid to take the test; I sacrificed a lot of my time, studied really hard and passed the test! I am now PTCB certified, but I have no experience. I applied for the Kaiser Permanente Pharmacy Technician training program and was also asked to take their PT test and a typing test. You need to have higher than 70% to pass. I received a phone interview and then was asked a week later to come in for an in person interview tomorrow. Don't know what to expect from here, but I hope some of this information is helpful to someone! :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Phtech Instructor in Mobile, Texas

17 months ago

Vonnie in Napa, California said: I have a question? What school did you go to? I am looking for a good pharmacy school to take this year.
Thank you[/Q

www.pharmacytechnicianreviewcourse.com

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.