You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (13)

Tech in Riverside,CA in Los Angeles, California

48 months ago

after all said and done......$13,000

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

John in Redlands, California

48 months ago

How is your job search going? I am thinking of taking a PT class.

Tech in Riverside,CA in Los Angeles, California

48 months ago

I have been dont with school since May. I am CPhT certified and have filled out countless appts, handed out several resume's with no luck. I wish you luck in your search.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

John in Redlands, California

48 months ago

Thanks for the info.I am going to hold off on going to Pharmacy Tech school.I am afraid to have a $10,000 debt after finishing school and not be able to get a job.I don't know what is worse being unemployed with no debt or being unemployed with $10,000 in debt.

matthew in Fullerton, California

42 months ago

The school is one the fines Career schools in Riverside. They have an excellent team of teachers and educators. They are very personal and caring. The Job Market in Riverside is tough, but you can fine a job, if you really look for it. You can commute to Orange County. The bottom line is the Education you get from a school and the contacts they have in placement.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

PrionTheProtein in Sugar Land, Texas

42 months ago

Tech in Riverside,CA in Los Angeles, California said: I have been dont with school since May. I am CPhT certified and have filled out countless appts, handed out several resume's with no luck. I wish you luck in your search.

I am having the same problem. Apparently they are going through a hiring freeze.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Michelle in Riverside, California

31 months ago

I attended the school last year in the Surg Tech Program. They opened two years ago and at the begiing they had some lack of organization, but they corrceted that and ended up to be and excellent school. all the teachers are very dedicated and go beyond their call of duty to make sure we learned the materials. They helped with living expenses and transportaions, no other school in riverside did that. They gave every student a Laptop, which was a big help doing the homework. At the end I was very pleased with the education and I found a job working at a surgery center in the Los angeles area.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

31 months ago

I attended the school last year in the Surg Tech Program. They opened two years ago and at the begiing they had some lack of organization, but they corrceted that and ended up to be and excellent school. all the teachers are very dedicated and go beyond their call of duty to make sure we learned the materials. They helped with living expenses and transportaions, no other school in riverside did that. They gave every student a Laptop, which was a big help doing the homework. At the end I was very pleased with the education and I found a job working at a surgery center in the Los angeles area.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

31 months ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jose in Riverside, California

27 months ago

Tech in Riverside,CA in Los Angeles, California said: This school is a BIG joke! I enrolled back in October, Never had a lab to practice, moved 3x in six months, recieved 2 books two days before my last day, didnt know my extern site until a week after I was done with class, never received help in finding work. This is a very unorganized school..dont waste your money. Dont become a victim like I did.

Overall, this is a good school. I liked Mr. Jimmy, who is the instructor of the Pharmacy Program. He makes sure that you understand the subject before moving to the next chapter. I would recommend it anyday. I have seen other trade schools such as UEI and Everest and this is in a lot higher catagory.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Catherine in Temecula, California

17 months ago

Jose in Riverside, California said: Overall, this is a good school. I liked Mr. Jimmy, who is the instructor of the Pharmacy Program. He makes sure that you understand the subject before moving to the next chapter. I would recommend it anyday. I have seen other trade schools such as UEI and Everest and this is in a lot higher catagory.

He has not changed. He was an instructor when I went to Pharm Tech school 15+ years ago. I had Mr. Harold but Jim McGee would sub occasionally. They were both great instructors (at a different college). I was even hired by my externship site and continue to work there.

edgar in Newport Beach, California

14 months ago

Tech in Riverside,CA in Los Angeles, California said: after all said and done......$13,000

I went to AMerican college of healthcare in Riversid, They have the best Program. If you do it on your own,you can not usually find an externship site. American college has numerous connections to the local hospitals and can get you the externship. I was hired at Riverside community after my externship and have been working eversince. Do not listen to those who discourage you from going to school. Education is the best investment you can make.

Marie Lopez in Moreno Valley, California

11 months ago

Tech in Riverside,CA in Los Angeles, California said: after all said and done......$13,000

I went to school at American college of healthcare in the Pharmacy Tech program. Before I graduated I landed two solid Jobs, one in Chino Prison and one in a local Hospital. Although the Prison pay was higher, but I did not know the Psychological impact of working with the prison population. I took the Hospital Job and I have been very happy with my work. I have been working for 5 months now and I think I am set for life in this career. There are some of my friends who did not find jobs and are still looking. There is no guarantee to find a job, since there are other factors, beside the school, that make an emloyer select you. Some students had tattoos and piercing, which they could not hide at interviews. You need to be looking professional when applying for a phrmacy technician, since they the trust issue with drugs is very important.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.