CVS Dress code? Pay and other

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (16)

Tina in the city in New York, New York

41 months ago

Michelle in Naples, Florida said: I have read these comments stating no experience, do you mean that you attended a program and this is a first job? Or you are being hired in as a "tech" off the street and are receiving on the job training? I guess what I'm trying to find out is do you have to go through formal training as a pharmacy technician to work for CVS?

You have read my mind, was wondering the same. No one is mentioning if they went to school for this. I see lots of schools for this training. I doubt they hire off the street to work around controlled substances, without formal training? Could someone who works for CVS or any drugstore clarify this for us?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (20) Reply - Report abuse

hokie196 in Glen Allen, Virginia

29 months ago

Nicole in Nashville, Tennessee said: I was hired right off the street with absolutely no training or knowledge of pharmacy. You mostly get on the job training.

How exactly did you get the job? Did you just walk in and ask to speak to the Pharmacist?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Ginny in Holden, Massachusetts

20 months ago

Ginny in Holden, Massachusetts said: I was thinking of applying but one employee told me the pay was not good. It is less than what I am making at my part time job. When I went recently to pick up a prescription the order was done wrong and I had to wait for it to be redone. I had to tell them the error was their fault. I usually get a 90-day supply because of insurance. The employee somehow did not fill it with 90 pills. I asked if they didn't have enough to fill the order. Normally they get the order right.

I am not in Holden and do not know how to change it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Kekka in Dayton, Texas

16 months ago

They can hire you to be a Pharmacy Cashier to start off with out any prior experience. You have to register with the state board and receive your Tech in Training license and you have about 2 years to study on your own (Many techs do this, as there are many great books out there to review for taking your cert test.)
On the job training is very helpful as well. You can take Tech classes too, but again, there are many books out there that will help you ace the test the first time. IF YOU ARE DEDICATED.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

NC_Pharm_Tech in Charlotte, North Carolina

15 months ago

RD in Rocklin, California said: After submitting the application online, those of you that got hired, after how long did you guys receive a call for an interview? Did you guys contact CVS Pharmacy after applying or they just called you guys in for an interview? I really want to work here for about year so that I can gain experience, and can get into a hospital . I want to be a pharmacist in the future. Please give me some pointers so I have better chances of getting in.

I finished my class in December '12, and I think I applied almost immediately, then got certified in January, and was hired in March '13.
I think what worked in my favor is my store is very VERY busy...and possibly there were some people who left that their positions needed filling.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

abrams92 in Queensbury, New York

14 months ago

RD in Rocklin, California said: After submitting the application online, those of you that got hired, after how long did you guys receive a call for an interview? Did you guys contact CVS Pharmacy after applying or they just called you guys in for an interview? I really want to work here for about year so that I can gain experience, and can get into a hospital . I want to be a pharmacist in the future. Please give me some pointers so I have better chances of getting in.

I did the online application and got a call the next day.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jyoung05 in Knightdale, North Carolina

12 months ago

Michelle in Naples, Florida said: I have read these comments stating no experience, do you mean that you attended a program and this is a first job? Or you are being hired in as a "tech" off the street and are receiving on the job training? I guess what I'm trying to find out is do you have to go through formal training as a pharmacy technician to work for CVS ?

Yes cvs will train the technicians at least thats what I was told.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

bun in Ferrum, Virginia

11 months ago

How extensive are the drugs tests they do? I used to be a daily marijuana user but will be be 2-3 months clean when I plan on applying. Will this prevent me from being hired as a tech trainee?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ptcbeasy in Watsonville, California

10 months ago

If you are struggling passing the PTCB exam or scared need that
extra assurance, you are not alone! I have been there! I'm happy
to help! I noticed many books out there make it harder than it needs to be! You don't need a tutor! You don't need to spend 10k for a school or 2k for one of those online schools. All you need is the right tools to pass the exam! I spent countless hours of hard sweat work to find the right tools that made it easy to understand. I passed the PTCB exam with flying colors on the first attempt!

Please email me at ptcbeasy@gmail.com
or visit www.ebay.com/usr/wavelightthesmiths

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

me in Clovis, California

7 months ago

Michelle in Naples, Florida said: I have read these comments stating no experience, do you mean that you attended a program and this is a first job? Or you are being hired in as a "tech" off the street and are receiving on the job training? I guess what I'm trying to find out is do you have to go through formal training as a pharmacy technician to work for CVS ?

they can just hire you off the street and grandfather you in and train you as you go then you can take state test to get license and that's it or you can take national test too... the National test is good cause when you relocate you can work anywhere state is basically just where you are cant work anywhere else

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

me in Clovis, California

7 months ago

Tina in the city in New York, New York said: You have read my mind, was wondering the same. No one is mentioning if they went to school for this. I see lots of schools for this training. I doubt they hire off the street to work around controlled substances, without formal training? Could someone who works for CVS or any drugstore clarify this for us?

you can just apply and they will grandfather you in train you and then after that you can take your state test and get your state license and if you like you can take national test too.. difference is that with national license you can work anywhere in the usa with just state license you can only work in that state... don't go to school waste of money and time... I would try to get into cvs if possible.....

Sana Shafiuddin in Glendale Heights, Illinois

7 months ago

Going to school for a pharmacy technician program is a total waste of time and money, unless you want a very formal training for the PTCB preparation. Those schools won't tell you that you can apply for a Pharmacy Tech license by yourself online as long as you have high school diploma. THAT'S IT. Then you apply at Walgreens or CVS and they will train and hire you. No wonder my community college removed the program years ago.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Yass in Hyattsville, Maryland

6 months ago

Hello Everyone,
I just have a short question, I am a foreign pharmacy graduate and want to work in CVS as a pharmacy technician. And hence applied for the position online but i heard that CVS has a policy that does not hire pharmacists as a technicians. So please anyone keen to respond to me.

mike mike mike in charleston, South Carolina

6 months ago

I started out at $11/hr being certified

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Heather in Reidsville, North Carolina

4 months ago

Yes they do train in store.you will also jave classes.

CJ Orr in Beardstown, Illinois

2 months ago

HOw do you get hired at cvs? I have applied and applied.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.