How to build the courage to leave my awful technician position

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Depressed Technician in Burbank, Illinois

29 months ago

I started working as a technician 3 months ago and its been bad from day one. The lead technician who was assigned to train me has treated me like crap since day one. I taught that maybe with time I could prove to her that I'm a good and efficient worker and maybe we would be able to be work friends but we barely speak two sentences to one another in a 8 hr shift. So I figured oh well ill just do my job and ignore her after all it is busy...but she is always trying to throw me under the bus and she I just simply don't trust her at all...she has been the only technician in this pharmacy for the past 8 years so need less to mention she has seniority and her word has way more value than mine...I think its just best for me to resign it's a constantly daily battle with her...the days the she calls off work...are great the day goes by so smoothly...but I feel trapped into this job because I work 9-6 am and I'm off weekends with paid time off...but I am MISERABLE...I cringe every time I pull into the parking lot and I start counting down the hours every hour of the day....what should I do...should I resign I dont want to be a quitter and unemployed but I am so MISERABLE

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Depressed Technician in Burbank, Illinois

29 months ago

I meant to type I work from 9am- 6pm

me in Fort Wayne, Indiana

29 months ago

do not quit the job. try to make friends/kiss up to your trainer and hopefully you can keep this job...but in the mean time, try looking for a new job if or when you see fit.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.