Best phlebotomy program in Sacramento?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

syn4ps3 in Sacramento, California

94 months ago

I'm looking into several programs - what is the best program here, and what is your experience?

The one that stands out to me the most is Ja'onna's, but am looking for experience of people who've *been* to the different programs.

I took phlebotomy two years ago at a different school (in the bay area). The school kind of left me hanging, kept losing my paperwork... I never even finished getting licensed. They then seemed to have no clue how I was actually going to get a job.

I was one of the top students, and this experience was rather disappointing.

I've now taken medical terminology, anatomy/physiology (1 semester), EMT-Basic and will be taking chemistry next semester - a program that has a lot of lab tech stuff, really appeals to me. I'd enjoy doing lab stuff.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

thecropchick in baltimore, Maryland

94 months ago

I've been looking at the local community college (in MD).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

David in San Francisco, California

91 months ago

I have been looking for a phlebotomy jab for siven months. I couldn't find any thing yet. It sucks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

george in Hayward, California

91 months ago

syn4ps3 in Sacramento, California said: I'm looking into several programs - what is the best program here, and what is your experience?

The one that stands out to me the most is Ja'onna's, but am looking for experience of people who've *been* to the different programs.

I took phlebotomy two years ago at a different school (in the bay area). The school kind of left me hanging, kept losing my paperwork... I never even finished getting licensed. They then seemed to have no clue how I was actually going to get a job.

I was one of the top students, and this experience was rather disappointing.

I've now taken medical terminology, anatomy/physiology (1 semester), EMT-Basic and will be taking chemistry next semester - a program that has a lot of lab tech stuff, really appeals to me. I'd enjoy doing lab stuff.

IMO save your time and money look at a different career path. I wished someone was honest with me before I started. I also finished at the top my class. I love what I do. I am unable to make a respectable living doing it. The schools are pumping out so many phlebotomist there is not enough jobs for them when they finish the program even being at the top of the class. The schools don't tell you the grim realty. If you want to support your self and pay your bills anytime soon... don't go the phlebotomy route to rely on.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

91 months ago

George, have to taken any other courses? Why not go for the CNA!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

george in Hayward, California

91 months ago

Yes, cropchick I have my CNA I thought the phlebotomy route would be a step better. I'm seriously looking at careers with upward mobility in great demand with great pay and options.

90 months ago

In would be more interested in a carrer with job security......

strawbrykiwi in Sacramento, California

85 months ago

I've been a CNA for two years, and at 22 I'm ready to not have the back of a 50yr old. I love my job but I can't take the work anymore even at "no lift" facilities. To me,phlebotomy is another step on my way to my RN- I can't pay for that schooling on CNA salary.

Nick in Sacramento, California

53 months ago

I got my phlebotomy license here in Sacramento but very hard to find a job, anyone knows if any hospital is hiring entry positions?

Ash in Sacramento, California

27 months ago

where did you get your phebotomy license??

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.