Comments (1 to 50 of 130)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

thecropchick in baltimore, Maryland

60 months ago

Is the national exam hard?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (37) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

always txtin in Chicago, Illinois

60 months ago

I took my National Exam in June. I attended a small private school in Chicago. I think our instructor's exam was harder. I am still waiting on my results, I know I passed. You should study the order of draws, the different situation that made occur with your patient and the laws.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

evelyntut

60 months ago

I have aready tsken my classes for phlebotomy now how do I go by getting certified

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (45) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

JOHANNA in Dominican Republic

58 months ago

always txtin in Chicago, Illinois said: I took my National Exam in June. I attended a small p rivate school in Chicago. I think our instructor's exam was harder. I am still waiting on my results, I know I passed. You should study the order of draws, the different situation that made occur with your patient and the laws.

CAN U BE MORE ESPECIFIC, I AM INTERESTING

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Priscilla in Long Beach, California

57 months ago

dee in Azusa, California said: I heard there are 6 different exams to take? which one is the best one to take? I live in Los Angeles CA.
Are they all reconized by the state? thanks

There is only 1 state exam.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

STACEY in Sydney, Australia

57 months ago

I study at the Mater hospital in Brisbane,Australia

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Chris Dadamo in Jacksonville, Florida

57 months ago

STACEY in Sydney, Australia said: IT IS VERY IMPORTANT 2 KNOW YOUR TUBS BY NAME NOT COLURE AND THERE ORDER OF DRAW EG,VACUTAINER, SYRING ,BUTTERFLY.

Stacey have you taken your exam already and if so i was wondering if its a hard test to do or if its pretty much easy

STACEY in Brisbane, Australia

57 months ago

which one, here in oz we have 6 exem`s. Im on my last it is a case study. Im finding this one quite diffiult.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Evelyn in Chicago, Illinois

54 months ago

I have taken the test and to inform you nothing that you are studying are going to be on the test but what good advance I can give you is to study the technology words very good know your prefix and suffix on all words. Good Luck on your test ( I need to re-take the test).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

jenn in Dayton, Ohio

54 months ago

Evelyn in Chicago, Illinois said: I have taken the test and to inform you nothing that you are studying are going to be on the test but what good advance I can give you is to study the technology words very good know your prefix and suffix on all words. Good Luck on your test ( I need to re-take the test).

Thank you for your addvice, I didnt know that we would have to know all the prefix's and suffix's. Does the test seem like it's Phlebotomy and medical asst. all in one?? So besides he prefix and suffix's that we have to know what else stood out in your mind that was the hardest on the test? --- jenn-ohio

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

jenn in Dayton, Ohio

54 months ago

STACEY in Sydney, Australia said: IT IS VERY IMPORTANT 2 KNOW YOUR TUBS BY NAME NOT COLURE AND THERE ORDER OF DRAW EG,VACUTAINER, SYRING ,BUTTERFLY.

What do you mean know your tubes by name not color?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

l-diepenhorst in Toledo, Ohio

53 months ago

JOHANNA in Dominican Republic said: CAN U BE MORE ESPECIFIC, I AM INTERESTING

I understand what you're trying to say re: the order u have to draw them in, but other people might not understand. beacause I'm a Medical Assistant and I worked for Quest Lab and did phlebotomy rounds. You may get an order for 5 different test,ok.You have to know the patients history. Of course what test are being ordered. You cant just pick up tubes and start drawing.Its very essential to know the order of draw.for exp. ur PT/INR which is blue; or patient who has surgar gy/tubes and -hemoglobin/lavender tube is good to draw before your serum/ red tubes

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Lisa blake in Cayton, North Carolina

52 months ago

I just took a online program for Anatomy, our teacher directed us to this site
best program i ever took i highly recommend it to any health care students...
our teacher had us go to this website to download
a very informative Anatomy program...i thought it was really good
http://0f89e7lsj6oahza12ld7gosa8s.hop.clickbank.net/?tid=JB1

Lisa

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lisa blake in Cayton, North Carolina

52 months ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

KINGSPEPPER in Malibu, California

48 months ago

WHAT ARE THE MAIN "KEYS" FOR CA STATE PHLEBOTOMY TEST? DO I JUST STUDY WHOLE BOOK OR SPECIFIC AREA??? THANKS....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kelly in Hesperia, California

47 months ago

l-diepenhorst in Toledo, Ohio said: I understand what you're trying to say re: the order u have to draw them in, but other people might not understand. beacause I'm a Medical Assistant and I worked for Quest Lab and did phlebotomy rounds. You may get an order for 5 different test,ok.You have to know the patients history. Of course what test are being ordered. You cant just pick up tubes and start drawing.Its very essential to know the order of draw.for exp. ur PT/INR which is blue; or patient who has surgar gy/tubes and -hemoglobin/lavender tube is good to draw before your serum/ red tubes

I have never heard of Drawing your Lavender tube before a red tube..The order of draw is Yellow (blood cultures) blue, (red gold or tiger those in no piticular order) Green, Lavender, grey, yellow (this yellow is genetic/platelet testing)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

47 months ago

KINGSPEPPER in Malibu, California said: WHAT ARE THE MAIN "KEYS" FOR CA STATE PHLEBOTOMY TEST? DO I JUST STUDY WHOLE BOOK OR SPECIFIC AREA??? THANKS....

Make sure you know whats in your tubes..Yellow(SPS) blue(sodium Citrate)red gold tiger are Serum or no serum Green(Heparin)Lavender(EDTA)Grey(Potassium Oxalate) Yellow(ACD)The test will ask you alot of scenario question, so make sure you read them slowly..Didnt your teacher give you study tests? That what I got and passed it no problem..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Veronica Castro in Monterey, California

46 months ago

Kelly in Hesperia, California said: Make sure you know whats in your tubes..Yellow(SPS) blue(sodium Citrate)red gold tiger are Serum or no serum Green(Heparin)Lavender(EDTA)Grey(Potassium Oxalate) Yellow(ACD)The test will ask you alot of scenario question, so make sure you read them slowly..Didnt your teacher give you study tests? That what I got and passed it no problem..

i need help i dident pass the test

46 months ago

Veronica Castro in Monterey, California said: i need help i dident pass the test

Not be be rude or anything, but your Teacher should have made sure you passed that test..Everyone in my class passed the test..What do you think you need help with?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

veronica castro in Monterey, California

46 months ago

Will i have a readind disorder and i need help more then others do

46 months ago

i need more help then others do

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

Oh ok well maybe you could tell them that and have someone read the questions to you..

46 months ago

Kelly in Hesperia, California said: Oh ok well maybe you could tell them that and have someone read the questions to you..

i have tryed that all they can do for me is give me more time on the exam

46 months ago

Kelly in Hesperia, California said: Oh ok well maybe you could tell them that and have someone read the questions to you..

were are you from are you in ca

46 months ago

Im in California..are you in California?

46 months ago

what can i do to make this work i want this so much i need someone to help me study

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

ya am from ca

46 months ago

ya ncct

46 months ago

My teacher gave be 3 or 4 packets and I TOTALLY studied then and seriously almost all the question in those packets where on that test..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

Ooops sorry for my typos..

46 months ago

If I had a fax i cold fax the packets to you...Were you close to passing?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

ooops could

alicecastro12 in Monterey, California

46 months ago

Kelly in Hesperia, California said: If I had a fax i cold fax the packets to you...Were you close to passing?

I could go to a kinkos and you can fax them there, can you call me to make sure you got this e-mail at alicecastro@gmail.com, ask for Veronica. Thanks

46 months ago

no i got a 37

46 months ago

OOOh yeah 37% isnt good at all...I studies alot from these packets and I got a 82%..I dont have a fax and if I went to kinkos it would cost like a dollar a page for me to send to you, so if you want id rather just copy them and mail them to you...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

ooops studied lol

kingspepper in Malibu, California

46 months ago

kelly, can you send me a copy of the test? we didnt get study packets was told to study are book?? thanks

46 months ago

ok can you email me so i can give you my addres to you ok

Veronica castro in Monterey, California

46 months ago

are you going to sand me those test

46 months ago

I sent a message to your email. didnt you get it???

Veronica castro in Monterey, California

46 months ago

no, can you send it to mikecastrojr@gmail.com, thanks

M. Rooney in Elk Grove, California

46 months ago

Hi Kelly,
I'm getting ready to take the NCCT exam and was hoping I could get on your mailing list. Thanks

46 months ago

Awwww I have to go get copies and send them out and it cost me, so I cant keep sending them out =[ Im sorry..

Scotty in Morris, Illinois

46 months ago

Being from Illinois, what is the state exam like? I'm good at memorizing things like rules, laws, and what not but when it comes to real life problems I don't have the best common sense. Although I passed my CNA exam so I guess I have some common sense.
Also, what is the class like? lol I'm taking it next semester.

Daisy01 in Long Beach, California

45 months ago

Kelly in Hesperia, California said: My teacher gave be 3 or 4 packets and I TOTALLY studied then and seriously almost all the question in those packets where on that test..

Hi Kelly, I am going to take the ncct test because I did fail one time. Can I have your email address so that I could ask you more about the package?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

tamara38me

44 months ago

always txtin in Chicago, Illinois said: I took my National Exam in June. I attended a small private school in Chicago. I think our instructor's exam was harder. I am still waiting on my results, I know I passed. You should study the order of draws, the different situation that made occur with your patient and the laws.

i see you took your state cert test. I am currently getting ready to do so and I got a study guide from the school I went to (actually it was our final test, and our instructor said if we studied it and new it all we would have no problems passing.) What I'd like to know is if you would txt me so I can go over what I have on my test per what I need to know? If you are interested in helping me please text me at tamara38me@mail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

tamara38me

44 months ago

Kelly in Hesperia, California said: I have never heard of Drawing your Lavender tube before a red tube..The order of draw is Yellow (blood cultures) blue, (red gold or tiger those in no piticular order) Green, Lavender, grey, yellow (this yellow is genetic/platelet testing)

i just finished my course and our instructor taught us this for remembering the order of color:

Yellow Birds Really Get Good Light Always

Y=yellow sps tube (bld culture test)
B=lt. blue tube
R=red tub
G=sst tube
G=gray tube
L=lavendar tube
A=all other tubes.

This order of color was what was in our text book. I'm not saying it's correct, I haven't gotten a job out there yet, but I do know this is what the text books are showing now. I hope this helps someone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

evelyn tutwiler in Chicago, Illinois

44 months ago

Wow that is some great advice I will be movin to florida in december so i'm going to wait until i getm there and take the test I hope it's not too hard.

44 months ago

Thats not the order I learned..here is what I learned...

yellow (sps)
Blue (Sodium Citrate)
Red gold or tiger top(Serum Tubes)
Green (Heparin)
Lavender/pink (EDTA)
Gray (Potassium Oxalate)
Yellow (ACD)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

John in San Jose, California

44 months ago

kelly, do you mine sent me the package.. Am trying to take the NCCT phlebotomy exam next year? my email is dinhninh@yahoo.com., If you need me to sent you cash to print or sent.. let me know..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.