Show me the money...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 201)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Host

What are typical phlebotomist salaries? Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Reply - Report abuse

jan in Flushing, NY

100 months ago

$ 7-10/hr depending on the economic status of area, like ny, ny would pay more or conn. etc. jan

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (30) Reply - Report abuse

Dorothy in Vacaville, California

94 months ago

I have only been a Phlebotomist for 3 years I started at a Mercy Hospital making $17/ hour full time and took on another position part-time at Kaiser Permanente making $22/hour Between the 2 jobs I make at least $60,000 a year.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (112) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

rose in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

94 months ago

KIMBERLYNN said: Go to ultrasound school! I had no medical experience other than medical records and have been doing ultrasound for the past 10 yrs. The work is demanding but the pay is well worth it! I make $35-40 hrly as a traveling tech ( I work for 6 months and then take 3-4 months off at a time, how great is that?!).

hi kim! i live in louisiana currently ...i am an lpn and considering a career change or possibly to just branch off into other things (medically) ...this sounds interesting please give me more info on ultrasound school...thanks :o) ANYWHERE

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

helen in Oakland, California

94 months ago

KIMBERLYNN said: Go to ultrasound school! I had no medical experience other than medical records and have been doing ultrasound for the past 10 yrs. The work is demanding but the pay is well worth it! I make $35-40 hrly as a traveling tech ( I work for 6 months and then take 3-4 months off at a time, how great is that?!).

Could you please tell me how long for ultrasound program, how much for the program, and what school, thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (47) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

joann in Chicago, Illinois

93 months ago

i want to b a phlebotmist too but i am afraid the patient may shake his hands and sew me god forbid what do u suggest and what if i want to be paid more? plz reply thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

Dawn in Menifee, California

93 months ago

Hi Kimberlynn:
What school and how long is the schooling? I am a single parent of 5 children trying to make a living and pay a mortgage and raise my children on my own. I am very much interested.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

LC in Dunlap, Illinois

93 months ago

Dawn in Menifee, California said: In San Diego, Ca and Riverside County... a phlebotomist can make anywhere from $12.00- $25.00 an hour. I make the higher end, but have been in this line of work for more than 17 years, but am really good at my job.

I have asked this in other places but never get an answer-do phlebotomists in CALIFORNIA make more because of the mandatory certification rule? Are jobs easier to obtain? Boy,if this is the case,then it really is important that ALL states start taking steps to get the same rules and regulations in their own state. Until then,a lot of places will be hiring whoever they want,including a lot of poorly trained workers,which could be a reason why so many phlebs are having problems finding a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Amanda in Irvine, California

92 months ago

KIMBERLYNN in Vina, California said: Go to ultrasound school! I had no medical experience other than medical records and have been doing ultrasound for the past 10 yrs. The work is demanding but the pay is well worth it! I make $35-40 hrly as a traveling tech ( I work for 6 months and then take 3-4 months off at a time, how great is that?!).

Really??
I've been thinking about going to ultrasound school but I'm not sure if it is worth it. How demanding is the work? Would there be that much travel?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

EB, Lancaster, CA in Palmdale, California

92 months ago

Dawn in Menifee, California said: In San Diego, Ca and Riverside County... a phlebotomist can make anywhere from $12.00- $25.00 an hour. I make the higher end, but have been in this line of work for more than 17 years, but am really good at my job.

Please tell me, how and where did you started your career as phlebotomist? I finish the school in UCLA in Nov, I got my certificate in Jan and since than I applied everywhere I found an opened position. All the hospitals and Labs want just phlebotomist with experience. How can I get this experience if nobody want to give me this chance? I enjoy drowing bllod, and I would like to start a creer in Clinical Laboratory.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

amy blassingame in Sumter, South Carolina

92 months ago

Wow! this is exactly what I'm looking for. I only have 6 more months to finish my course and is Kaiser Permanente pays this much even in the Southeast?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

vanessa in Phoenix, Arizona

92 months ago

question?? iam planning on moving to San Diego, CA and iam currently a phlebotomist working in Az with 5years of experience, do i need a license in CA?? If yes where could i get it??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

EB in Palmdale, California

92 months ago

Yes, if you plan to work as phlebotomits in CA you need a California Certificate. This is easy to get it as long you have a National one. I have NCCT one and I just sent to Sacramento my papers from school to prove that I have 59 hours (theory) and 40 venipunctures & skin punctures + a copy of my NCCT certificate. To find the address access the website:
secure.cps.ca.gov/cltreg/
secure.cps.ca.gov/cltreg/pt_certinfo.asp

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

amy blassingame in Sumter, South Carolina

92 months ago

Thanks for great info! I wish I can move to CA once I finish. My husband is planning to stay here in South Carolina and I worry about the pay difference. Oh well, I'll just wait what my future comes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

92 months ago

My husband wants to move to SC or NC. Actualy we've been in NC in March this year to see Mortganton area. I liked but just for vacantion. I don't know anything about jobs there, and I just got a new job here. I would like to get more experience and then...we'll see!
Regarding the salary, how much can you earn as Phlebotomist or Lab tech in SC? Here, in LA county, you can start between 12-17/hrs, depend of the hospital. If you have experience they pay you more (18-19 or 20). I don't know how much can you earn in San Diego but what I know is that as a Nurse(RN) in San Diego County they pay you less.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

angelica in San Diego, California

91 months ago

KIMBERLYNN in Vina, California said: Go to ultrasound school! I had no medical experience other than medical records and have been doing ultrasound for the past 10 yrs. The work is demanding but the pay is well worth it! I make $35-40 hrly as a traveling tech ( I work for 6 months and then take 3-4 months off at a time, how great is that?!).

do u know of any vocational schools in San Diego?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

91 months ago

Do somebody know an ultrasound school in LA, accreditate, and less money?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Tracey

91 months ago

I live in western Ny, just finsihed phlebotomy school and I am having a tough time finding employment. Anyone have any Ideas? I have spent all day on the computer and come up empty handed. Thanks for all your imput :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Vicci in Johnson City, Tennessee

91 months ago

go to alert@indeed.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Shelly Jayne in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

91 months ago

Hello all I am new to this site. I live in Oklahoma and I have been a Phlebotomist for over 10 yrs hospital and clinical settings. I have taught phlebotomy to LPN students. I am very experienced in all age groups including neonatal. I am looking to provide my services to patients or people in general that have a really hard time getting to lab/Dr's offices for lab work. I know that homehealth providers can do the same. But want to contract myself not work for someone else. Could someone who has info on how i can get started???? Thank you inadvance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

amy in Sumter, South Carolina

91 months ago

have you thought about applying for overseas contract jobs? Your experience are highly in demand in Kuwait, but you work for US government. I believe you can make over $90,000 annually with no US tax. I used to work in Kuwait as a Security Guard for the US Army base. I take home over $8,000 monthly depending on how much overtime I worked.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

91 months ago

How do you apply for this? Where do you look?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

91 months ago

Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Elizabeth in Whittier, California

90 months ago

I have recently moved to California. I would like to know how i can get a copy of my Phlebotomy certificate from the state of Massachusetts? Also if it is several years old can i use it to work the California? I worked for a lab in Cambridge Ma. that no longer is in business.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

90 months ago

I don't know how can youget a copy of your certificate, but here, in California you need to have a California certificate. I posted a few ...months ago those information and I can reply for you.
A California Certificate is easy to get it as long you have a National one. I have NCCT one and I sent to Sacramento my papers from school (with the no. of hours which you had + the nr. of venipuncture)to prove that I have 59 hours (theory) and 40 venipunctures & skin punctures + a copy of my NCCT certificate.
You can find any information on the next website:

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Elizabeth in Whittier, California

90 months ago

EB in Palmdale, California said: I don't know how can youget a copy of your certificate, but here, in California you need to have a California certificate. I posted a few ...months ago those information and I can reply for you.
A California Certificate is easy to get it as long you have a National one. I have NCCT one and I sent to Sacramento my papers from school (with the no. of hours which you had + the nr. of venipuncture)to prove that I have 59 hours (theory) and 40 venipunctures & skin punctures + a copy of my NCCT certificate.
You can find any information on the next website:

I couldn't get on the web pages you noted on your reply. If you know why that would be helpful. I have been doing Phlebotomy for over 20 years. But i was certified back in the late 80's and never had to take another test to work back east. So anymore help you have would be great and maybe a school could be helpful to refresh my memory. Thank you again

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Julie Lenhert in Brea, California

90 months ago

What school did you go to in CA? How long is it? How much did it cost? Do they give referrals? How long are the days? Where do you travel?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Imelda Blassingame in Sumter, South Carolina

90 months ago

I found the correct website for this comment.

secure.cps.ca.gov/cltreg/index.asp

Elizabeth

90 months ago

Thank you for all your help. I will be starting an advance 40 hour course in augs. This will give me my national certifcate. so again to all thank you

Nikki in Cordova, Tennessee

90 months ago

So would you recommend going to school for this in particular

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kimberlilynn

90 months ago

Julie Lenhert in Brea, California said: What school did you go to in CA? How long is it? How much did it cost? Do they give referrals? How long are the days? Where do you travel?

Sorry, went to school in Tx. But there are schools in CA. You just have to do your research and find out which one offers the best courses and there past graduates statistics. There are student loans out there to help curtail the cost. I travel wherever I'm needed, right now I'm in Atlantic City NJ. But I've been to CA twice, NY twice, WA state, Delaware. When you travel you can specify where you would like to go.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

kimberlilynn

90 months ago

rose in Baton Rouge, Louisiana said: hi kim! i live in louisiana currently ...i am an lpn and considering a career change or possibly to just branch off into other things (medically) ...this sounds interesting please give me more info on ultrasound school...thanks :o) ANYWHERE

Sure....email me at KIMBERLIL@MSN.COM and I will answer any questions you may have.

kimberlilynn

90 months ago

helen in Oakland, California said: Could you please tell me how long for ultrasound program, how much for the program, and what school, thanks

It depends on which program is offered in your area. You can email me @ KIMBERLIL@MSN.COM with any questions.

90 months ago

I am interested in becoming a traveling phlebotomist. Do you know of anyone to contact for this?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Margie Brock in Houston, Texas

90 months ago

Host said: What are typical phlebotomist salaries? Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary? and I'm interested in becoming a teaveling phlebotomist do you know any one to contact ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

90 months ago

For those who are interested in a Phlebotomy program in South of California, UCLA-Los Angeles, where I've been, I think is the best.
www.cpc.mednet.ucla.edu/SRRS/Programs/ProgramDetailUser.aspx
They take care of everything inclusively NCCT exam (the national exam), all we have to do is to study,and is very easy.
Last year when I've been there was cheaper and I think they will increase the amount every year.
Good luck everybody!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dani in Dallas, Texas

89 months ago

Hi I am trying to find out how much a new phlebotomist can make. I have two more weeks of my clinicals and then I can start looking for jobs. I have been told that you don't have to have your certificate to get a job. Any info that anyone can help with would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to work in a hospital due to the fact that I am pregnant and I will have to put the baby in daycare, and most hospital shifts are pretty strange. I am hoping to find a job working for quest diagnostics or lab corp

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

julie in Salinas, California

89 months ago

Hi i was medical assistent in 1988 worked only for 2 years. never worked again now i am trying to get back to work i would like to do phlebtomist but i am not sure on how i could do that since i have not been in the medical feild for a long time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ki in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

88 months ago

Nikki in Cordova, Tennessee said: So would you recommend going to school for this in particular

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND SCHOOL! I WORK AT A MENTAL HOSPITAL AS A MENTAL TECH, I USE TO WATCH THE PHLEBS COME IN DRAW BLOOD ON THE PATIENTS AND LEAVE. I FOUND A SCHOOL FOR PHLEBOTOMY TRAINING IT WAS FOR 9 WEEKS, AND ONLY ON MONDAYS. I FINISHED THE COURSE IN NOVEMBER '06. AS SOON I GOT MY CERTIFICATE THE HOSPITAL GOT RID OF THE LAB PEOPLE AND HIRED AN OUTSIDE MAJOR HOSPITAL. WHEN THOSE GIRLS CAME IN I ASKED THEM WHO THEY WORKED FOR AND THEIR SUPERVISORS #. I JUST KEPT CALLING VERY POLITELY, MAYBE ABOUT ONCE A WEEK TELLING THEM THAT I WAS ALREADY A TECH THEIR AND I JUST FINISHED SCHOOL AND I HAD NO EXPERIENCE, JUST IN CLASS ON EACH OTHER. BUT I WAS WILLING TO EVEN DO VOLUNTARY WORK, SO I COULD GET THAT UNDER MY BELT. AFTER ABOUT 4 1/2 MONTHS I ALMOST GAVE UP. THE SUPERVISOR CALLED ME IN FOR AN INTERVIEW I TOLD HER I WAS ALREADY CNA CERTIFIED, AND THE HOSPITAL I WORKED AT TRAINED ME TO BE A MENTAL HEALTH TECHNICIAN, AND I WAS NOT SCARED TO STICK THEM. I WAS SO ANXIOUS, JUST BECAUSE I TOLD MY CO-WORKERS THAT THOSE GIRLS WOULD BE ME ONE DAY.SHE TOLD ME I GOT THE JOB! MAKING $16/HR, I STARTED IN MAY '07, TRAINED FOR 3 WEEKS, GOT 3 DAYS OFF & SHE TOLD ME I WOULD BE ON MY OWN STARTING SUNDAY. I ALMOST POOPED MY PANTS. I HAD TO PRINT LABELS, SORT BY FLOOR LEARN HOW TO DO DIFFICULT STICKS ON MY OWN,SPIN, BAG, LABEL URINE, STOOL & WOUND COULTURES ALL ALONE. I NOW WORK IN THE LAB BY MYSELF, NO CO-WORKERS, OR SUPERVISORS REMEMBER I WORK AT A HOSPITAL THAT HIRED PHLEBS FROM ANOTHER HOSPITAL. IF I NEED HELP I HAVE TO CALL THE OTHER HOSPITAL, IF I GET AN ANSWER. I EVEN HAVE TO CALL AN ANSWERING MACHINE TO LET THEM KNOW IM DONE. MY HOURS ARE 5:30am TO 10:30am IF IM RUNNING LATE I HAVE TO CALL THE COURIER SERVICE FOR A PICK UP TIME. SO ALL IN ALL GO FOR IT I LLLOOOVVEE IT!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ki in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

88 months ago

Dani in Dallas, Texas said: Hi I am trying to find out how much a new phlebotomist can make. I have two more weeks of my clinicals and then I can start looking for jobs. I have been told that you don't have to have your certificate to get a job. Any info that anyone can help with would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to work in a hospital due to the fact that I am pregnant and I will have to put the baby in daycare, and most hospital shifts are pretty strange. I am hoping to find a job working for quest diagnostics or lab corp

YOU DON'T! I NEVER TOOK MY NATIONAL I JUST USED MY CERTIFICATE

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Dee in Perkasie,PA

88 months ago

Help! I need a job. I completed a course in Phlebotomy in May 2006 & got my certification in Aug. 2006. I can't believe how hard it is to get a job as a phlebotomist. How are you supposed to get experience if noone will hire you right out of school. I completed my clinical hours at a local hospital. Any ideas?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

EB in Lancaster, California

88 months ago

I know is hard! In special here, in LA it is!
I was lucky because I worked as ER Teck for almost 2 years in another hospital but I got CPT1 position in another hospital. The hospital where I worked didn't wort to hire me because "I don't have experience!!!...". As you said, how cand you get experience if nobody give you a chance?
I got my certificate in Dec.2006 and since then I applied continuuuuuuuu......and I got this job in June. Everyday I spent a lot of time appling everywhere. Careerbuider.com is the website where I found almost all the agencies or hospitals. Also, each hospital has the own website and you can try to find those wbpages for all the hospitals from your area.
And something elese: would be better to know somebody in lab or in hospital who can recommend you. In CA it is very important!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

EB in Lancaster, California

88 months ago

Julie Lenhert in Brea, California said: What school did you go to in CA? How long is it? How much did it cost? Do they give referrals? How long are the days? Where do you travel?

I've been in UCLA. The cost was 850 last year, now is 975.

This is the website where I found all the informations. You cand apply on-line or you can call.
I hope the website address will be correct know. When I posted the website for DHS-California for an unknown reason was not correct posted.

Good luck!

natasha in Modesto, California

88 months ago

[Hi, I was in shock to see the pay rate, for an ultra sound Tech. Could you please tell me which school you went to. I live close to Stockton,CA. I am an Phlebotomist fresh out of school and no one wants to give me a shot. Did you have to have alot of experience in ultrasound to get your first job? Thanks for your reply! My Email address is Natap71@Yahoo.com. Take Care!

Pam in Crum Lynne, Pennsylvania

87 months ago

ki in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: I HIGHLY RECOMMEND SCHOOL! I WORK AT A MENTAL HOSPITAL AS A MENTAL TECH, I USE TO WATCH THE PHLEBS COME IN DRAW BLOOD ON THE PATIENTS AND LEAVE. I FOUND A SCHOOL FOR PHLEBOTOMY TRAINING IT WAS FOR 9 WEEKS, AND ONLY ON MONDAYS. I FINISHED THE COURSE IN NOVEMBER '06. AS SOON I GOT MY CERTIFICATE THE HOSPITAL GOT RID OF THE LAB PEOPLE AND HIRED AN OUTSIDE MAJOR HOSPITAL. WHEN THOSE GIRLS CAME IN I ASKED THEM WHO THEY WORKED FOR AND THEIR SUPERVISORS #. I JUST KEPT CALLING VERY POLITELY, MAYBE ABOUT ONCE A WEEK TELLING THEM THAT I WAS ALREADY A TECH THEIR AND I JUST FINISHED SCHOOL AND I HAD NO EXPERIENCE, JUST IN CLASS ON EACH OTHER. BUT I WAS WILLING TO EVEN DO VOLUNTARY WORK, SO I COULD GET THAT UNDER MY BELT. AFTER ABOUT 4 1/2 MONTHS I ALMOST GAVE UP. THE SUPERVISOR CALLED ME IN FOR AN INTERVIEW I TOLD HER I WAS ALREADY CNA CERTIFIED, AND THE HOSPITAL I WORKED AT TRAINED ME TO BE A MENTAL HEALTH TECHNICIAN, AND I WAS NOT SCARED TO STICK THEM. I WAS SO ANXIOUS, JUST BECAUSE I TOLD MY CO-WORKERS THAT THOSE GIRLS WOULD BE ME ONE DAY.SHE TOLD ME I GOT THE JOB! MAKING $16/HR, I STARTED IN MAY '07, TRAINED FOR 3 WEEKS, GOT 3 DAYS OFF & SHE TOLD ME I WOULD BE ON MY OWN STARTING SUNDAY. I ALMOST POOPED MY PANTS. I HAD TO PRINT LABELS, SORT BY FLOOR LEARN HOW TO DO DIFFICULT STICKS ON MY OWN,SPIN, BAG, LABEL URINE, STOOL & WOUND COULTURES ALL ALONE. I NOW WORK IN THE LAB BY MYSELF, NO CO-WORKERS, OR SUPERVISORS REMEMBER I WORK AT A HOSPITAL THAT HIRED PHLEBS FROM ANOTHER HOSPITAL. IF I NEED HELP I HAVE TO CALL THE OTHER HOSPITAL, IF I GET AN ANSWER. I EVEN HAVE TO CALL AN ANSWERING MACHINE TO LET THEM KNOW IM DONE. MY HOURS ARE 5:30am TO 10:30am IF IM RUNNING LATE I HAVE TO CALL THE COURIER SERVICE FOR A PICK UP TIME. SO ALL IN ALL GO FOR IT I LLLOOOVVEE IT!

I am having a difficult time finding a phlebotomy program in the philadelphia area. Where did you go to school?

Michele in Palmdale, California

87 months ago

EB in Lancaster, California said: I've been in UCLA. The cost was 850 last year, now is 975.

This is the website where I found all the informations. You cand apply on-line or you can call.
I hope the website address will be correct know. When I posted the website for DHS-California for an unknown reason was not correct posted.

Good luck!

Hi EB,

I checked out the program requirements online and the one I'm most concerned about is the personal health insurance requirement. I'm a diabetic and have hypertension, which are both controlled with medication and exercise (I run and cycle), but I've been unable to get or afford health insurance. Will the program work with me to help me find a health insurance provider who will accept folks with pre-existing conditions that is also affordable?

I'm part-time at work, so not eligible for insurance through them, either.

When I was in nursing school in the 1980s, the program provided students with a student insurance program, but I think it was just liability insurance, not health insurance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ramona Sager in Woodland, California

86 months ago

Dorothy in Vacaville, California said: I have only been a Phlebotomist for 3 years I started at a Mercy Hospital making $17/ hour full time and took on another position part-time at Kaiser Permanente making $22/hour Between the 2 jobs I make at least $60,000 a year.

I have 16 years experience as a phlebotomist and topped out at 18.50 in oregon I recently moved to woodland,ca any leads on getting hired at kaiser?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Shelby in Mcallen, Texas

86 months ago

Did anyone figure out if there are any positions for Traveling Phlebs?!?!? If so please email me. ForRanRan@aol.com Thanks!! :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Shelly Jayne in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

86 months ago

Hello, my name is Shelly from Oklahoma and I have been looking into doing the same. What type of ultasound do you perform? How long was the program?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

86 months ago

Michele in Palmdale, California said: Hi EB,

I checked out the program requirements online and the one I'm most concerned about is the personal health insurance requirement. I'm a diabetic and have hypertension, which are both controlled with medication and exercise (I run and cycle), but I've been unable to get or afford health insurance. Will the program work with me to help me find a health insurance provider who will accept folks with pre-existing conditions that is also affordable?

I'm part-time at work, so not eligible for insurance through them, either.

When I was in nursing school in the 1980s, the program provided students with a student insurance program, but I think it was just liability insurance, not health insurance.

I don't know about insurance but for 2 month of prgram I don't know if they offer something...
Better to call UCLA or e-mail them and ask about it.

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.