Phlebotomist Programs in or around Riverside County, CA

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (30)

Sara22 in Hemet, California

77 months ago

Im interested receiving a certification in phlebotomy. Does anyone know of a good one in California?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (96) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

patty in Oxnard, California

54 months ago

Try www.clinicaltraininginst.com. I went there the help me with everthing. The training was excellent. The program is 3 to 4 weeks. I did my externship @ Quest.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Kelly in Fontana, California

54 months ago

Hey EvonneM,

You can also try Wagner Training Institute. They are located in Redlands, CA and place you in an externship that is close to home. Their price is $1200, go to wti-edu.net

Although, unless you have connections that will allow you to find a job easily; I advise you not to waste your money. Phlebotomist positions are close to impossible to find if you have no previous experience. It's a catch-22. Good luck to you though.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Michelle in Livermore, California

52 months ago

Hi, I just graduated phlebotomy school and am waiting for my externship. My teacher told me that I can look for my own externship if I would like. Does anyone know what places do externship programs, I am having no luck finding anything. Also I am signed up to take my National exam for April 6th does anyone have pointers for that test, right now I am just studying everything, is there anything specific i should try to focus on.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Brandie in Whittier, California

52 months ago

You should really do the externship program withthe school you are at. I work for kaiser and i have been a phlebotomist for 13 years. We do externship at kaiser but only if you took the kaiser program or saddleback college program.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

michelle in Union City, California

52 months ago

Thanks, I know I should wait for my school, but the only problem is my school has a reputation of not getting externships for people for a long time.... I wish i would have gone through the school at kaiser, but didnt realize that until i was already in my school.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

LRPABON in Lake Elsinore, California

52 months ago

Brandie in Los Angeles, California said: I WORK FOR KAISER AND THEY HAVE THEIR OWN PROGRAMIN HOLLYWOOD AT OUR REGIONIAL LAB. IT IS LIKE 1200$ ANDYOU WOULD DO YOUR EXTERN SHIP AT A KAISER HOSPITIAL. IT IS ONLY FOR LIKE 9 WEEKS???

DO U HAVE A NUMBER I CAN CALL? THANK YOU

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

MPENDER in Burlingame, California

49 months ago

Michelle in Livermore, California said: Hi, I just graduated phlebotomy school and am waiting for my externship. My teacher told me that I can look for my own externship if I would like. Does anyone know what places do externship programs, I am having no luck finding anything. Also I am signed up to take my National exam for April 6th does anyone have pointers for that test, right now I am just studying everything, is there anything specific i should try to focus on.

Michelle, which school did you graduate from? My husband is in school now and is having a hard time with the externships as well...curious if same school?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ame_thyst in Anaheim, California

49 months ago

Any recommendations of a school in Orange County that I can get Phlebotomy training in that is reputable? I know saddleback has it, but I heard it is almost impossible to get into the class??? I've been looking at U.S. Colleges and Newbridge. Does anyone have any suggestions?? Thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

MPENDER in Burlingame, California said: Michelle, which school did you graduate from? My husband is in school now and is having a hard time with the externships as well...curious if same school?

I went to Boston Reed out of Napa but they had classes in Livermore. I actually had my externship about 3 weeks after i finished the class. It was at A medical oncology place in Castro Valley.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

Hi everyone,
I am now certified and can get a job.. but my only problem is I cant find a job anywhere in the Bay area. My cousin told me the best way to go is for a Admin job at a hospital and move up from there.... Only problem is they want experience for everything in a hospital now. Does any one have a sugestion on what i should do ????? Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dave in San Bernardino, California

37 months ago

I'm also looking for extership in san bernardino, or redlands, or any near city

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

carolina85 in Pomona, California

31 months ago

Does any one knows about an accredited school down in the Inland Empire for Phlebotomy?

I need a little bit of help with that...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Ann8 in Apple Valley, California

31 months ago

Sara22 in Hemet, California said: Im interested receiving a certification in phlebotomy. Does anyone know of a good one in California?

I went to school in Riverside, California for all the details, check out www.examiner.com/health-in-riverside/u-s-colleges-of-riverside-review

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ann8 in Apple Valley, California

31 months ago

The phlebotomy school I mentioned above, is an accredited phlebotomy program.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mrs. Barajas in Perris, California

29 months ago

Sara22 in Hemet, California said: Im interested receiving a certification in phlebotomy. Does anyone know of a good one in California?

CPT in Sun City, EXCELLENT! I am in it and several people I know went through the class before me. I have heard, seen, and experience nothing but good things.

Mrs. Barajas in Perris, California

29 months ago

carolina85 in Pomona, California said: Does any one knows about an accredited school down in the Inland Empire for Phlebotomy?

I need a little bit of help with that...

CPT in Sun City, Ca (Some parts of the city were incorporated into Menifee) They are really good.

Chloe in Walnut, California

28 months ago

Does anyone know of phlobemy school that offer fin-aid ?

carolina in Plymouth, Minnesota

24 months ago

Im interested receiving a certification in phlebotomy. I've been searching for schools and the one I'm interested in is with Loma Linda University does any know or have taken the program there, is so is it worth going? How is the externship all I know they only accept students that are currently took the course there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jessica in Fontana, California

24 months ago

EvonneM in Fontana, California said: Hi Brandie- is there a website I can go to, to look into this a little more. Alot of schools offering Phlebotomist are over $2,100.00. Any information would be very helpful....Also the externship, can it be done at any kaiser hospital ?

Thank you. I await your response.
pLEASE EMAIL ME HERE....EMAGALLANEZ1@HOTMAIL.COM

hey how did you info for kaiser training??

jessica in Fontana, California

24 months ago

EvonneM in Fontana, California said: Hi Brandie- is there a website I can go to, to look into this a little more. Alot of schools offering Phlebotomist are over $2,100.00. Any information would be very helpful....Also the externship, can it be done at any kaiser hospital ?

Thank you. I await your response.
pLEASE EMAIL ME HERE....EMAGALLANEZ1@HOTMAIL.COM

hey how did you info for kaiser training??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Cindy in Alhambra, California

20 months ago

Yes, Boston Reed is a great school.
They have experienced teachers and place you in your externship quick.
I took the class on saturdays only and started my externship the following monday.
they have ongoing classes all the time and in various locations www.bostonreed.com
They also let you pay as you go and make payments even after you're finished.
I highly reccommend this school because I started at another school in Ontario that was HORRIBLE, they cheated me out of money and were so unorganized. It was AUMT Institute in Ontario, the classes are let out early, no administration to complain to and staff was unexperienced.
Start with a real school that has a good history and reputation.

T in Moreno Valley, California

19 months ago

jessica in Fontana, California said: hey how did you info for kaiser training??

Email: bonnie.l.franklin@kp.org

Phlebotomy Training Spot in San Diego, California

15 months ago

We just did a pretty good article on your options in the area at www.phlebotomytrainingspot.com . If you need some more advice or information, let me know. Thanks

DuaneLBeach-Barrow@gmail.com in Cathedral City, California

7 months ago

I took a Pharmacy Technician's Correspondence Course. Finished in half the time allotted with a 90 GPA and got my state license. I have applied at every chain pharmacy, grocery store, Wal-Mart, Costco,and Sam's Club from Palm Springs to Yucaipa. Always the same question: DO YOU HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE? I don't want to go through all the crap of getting the Veteran's Admin. to pay for a course, and waste my time if a Phlebotomy certificate will be just as useless as my Pharmacy Technician's license is.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mrs. Barajas in Murrieta, California

7 months ago

DuaneLBeach-Barrow@gmail.com - I have my phlebotomy certification through the State of California. I am in Southwestern Riverside County. When I got my certification I applied to everything and anything online that had to do with phlebotomy. Hospitals are pretty much out. They want experience for sure. Kaiser wants 5 years experience. The temp agencies will refuse as well. If you are former military the VA may show preference in hiring because of your military background. I had a job with the blood bank within 1 month of my job search. I do have to say that it was an additional 14 weeks of training after you are hired. They go over phlebotomy a little bit but ALL of the SOP's American Blood Banking requires. It is paid. The one I was hired by was LifeStream. That is in San Bernardino. They have an affiliate out there in the desert called Desert Blood Services, I believe. You need NO experience and then by working there you get the experience you need for everyone else. Also I am employed with 2 other health fairs (per diem work) but right now that the weather is cooler there haven't been any health fairs.If you are interested I can give you the name of them as well. In all that you do or whatever you choose, good luck.

DuaneLBeach-Barrow@gmail.com in Cathedral City, California

7 months ago

Dear Ms. Barajas: Thank you so very much for taking the time to advise me about a path to take if I am able to take a Phlebotomy Course. Your solution sounds like a great one. I appreciate you taking the time to write.

Duane

6 months ago

So sorry to hear that. Did she at least receive her CPT1 from the State? No, they do not ever have job placement, ever. I can tell you like I have told many people, hospitals will not even look at a new grad but you can try the blood bank (don't go to plasma centers, they are GROSS. There is one there in San Bernardino and a lot of people living in your area work there (Banning/Beaumont) I paid a little more than you did for my CPT1 in Menifee. LifeStream hired me no questions asked. They do put you through 14 more weeks of training though.

6 months ago

Please see above comment regarding your daughter. Good luck.

tasha23 in Riverside, California

4 months ago

im interested in phelebotomy what schools are good in inland empire

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.