Salary for full time home health PTA (TX)

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 168)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

bluelineman in Aubrey, Texas

73 months ago

Anybody have any ideas???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Kelly N., PTA in Dover, Delaware

73 months ago

By the way we use our own vehicle and get mileage reimbursement at 50cents but with gas the way it is right now....it breaks at even or just below. I would take it!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

pam in Lufkin, Texas

73 months ago

bluelineman in Aubrey, Texas said: Hello. I am a PTA with 18 yrs experience currently working in hospital outpatient clinic. I am looking at a local private home health company to go with full time. They offered me $53K full time, 25-30 visits a week, anything over 60 visits a pay period (2 weeks) gets PRN rate, use their car (not take home) & gas, no 401K, owner will pay part of my portion of the medical & all dental, 8 paid holidays, paid time off.

I got offered 60K last year from a company that never panned out. I wish I could find the paperwork to show him. I'm thinking of telling the owner of the concerns I have (no 401K, will pay more for medical ins) to see if he's willing to bump up the salary.

What would be a reasonable salary? I'm thinking of asking for $57K. The location is about 50 miles north of Dallas. Thanks!

If you are interested in home health and relocating consider a larger company If you want more information you can email me at pdcasper@txhha.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Darrin Taylor in Houston, Texas

71 months ago

In the Houston Area most of the solicitations I get are ranging from $45-$50 a visit. I have, so far, not taken anyone up on these offers due to the reports from other therapists I know who are putting alot of time in on paperwork which is not compesatated time. I also have some concerns about what the agency will be responsible for in the event of an incident in the home such as a dog bite. One company I talked to, Encompass said they rely on the owner to tell them if their dog is up to date on shots. They could not satisfy me if I got bitten would I be taken care of as far as rabies treatment. Here in Houston I know an OT who works in neighborhoods where she will place a call to a friend or agency or police dept before she enters the home and says if I don't call be in X amount of time please assume something has happened to me and send help to this address.
Hope this helps

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bluelineman in Little Elm, Texas

71 months ago

OK. I ended up taking a position with a different company. A PT I work with recommended them to me right before I was going to renegotiate the original offer. This company beat them hands down in both salary & benefits. I ended up getting $30/hr ($62K/yr) with my hours guaranteed. Their corporate office will not let them make a PTA salary, but this is basically the same thing. They have a great support staff & everything is on a pocket PC. I only have to go into the office once a week for case conference & am eligible for a company take home car after 90 days (whenever one becomes available). Until then, they pay mileage. I've been doing home health for about 3 years & have had no problems with dogs. Most people with non friendly dogs say that they will lock them up while I'm there. Never been a big deal for me. Most of the people I deal with are out in the country, so they tend to have that "southern hospitality" attitude. I've been with this company for a month & it's going great.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

bluelineman in McKinney, Texas

70 months ago

Melanie in Littleton, Colorado said: I know this is a off subject but I would like to ask you some questions since you've been in the industry for awhile now. I'm a Theraputic Massage Therapist and I'm strongly considering going back to school for a PTA program. I love helping people and most of my clients come to be for treatment not relaxation. I currently live in CO and I've heard TX is alot easier place to find a PTA job (we're from there originally anyways)...I'd like to know how long you think it would take me to find a job there and if that is the truth about there being alot of PTA job openings. Thank you for any help you can give me..

I can't speak for the whole state but I know in the Dallas area it would be pretty easy to find a job. Regardless of where you go, it depends on what kind of setting you're looking for. Nursing homes, SNF's and acute care are always looking. It might take a little longer to get an outpatient job. Of course, some settings look for at least a year of experience (home health, sometimes outpatient clinics). I used to belong to the APTA/TPTA & still get a lot of calls from contract companies, nursing homes, etc. because I'm still on their mailing list. Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any more questions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Thigia in Duluth, Georgia

70 months ago

Bluelineman in Little Elm, Texas said: OK. I ended up taking a position with a different company. A PT I work with recommended them to me right before I was going to renegotiate the original offer. This company beat them hands down in both salary & benefits. I ended up getting $30/hr ($62K/yr) with my hours guaranteed. Their corporate office will not let them make a PTA salary, but this is basically the same thing. They have a great support staff & everything is on a pocket PC. I only have to go into the office once a week for case conference & am eligible for a company take home car after 90 days (whenever one becomes available). Until then, they pay mileage. I've been doing home health for about 3 years & have had no problems with dogs. Most people with non friendly dogs say that they will lock them up while I'm there. Never been a big deal for me. Most of the people I deal with are out in the country, so they tend to have that "southern hospitality" attitude. I've been with this company for a month & it's going great.

Hi I have a question about these pay rates. You have been a PTA for 18 years, are these pay rates for people with experience? How much is normal for a new grad? I live in Atlanta area and I was thinking of asking for anywhere 20-25/hour. Am I being unrealistic? Am looking to work in SNFs which I hear pay more. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

shavon

70 months ago

Bluelineman in Little Elm, Texas said: OK. I ended up taking a position with a different company. A PT I work with recommended them to me right before I was going to renegotiate the original offer. This company beat them hands down in both salary & benefits. I ended up getting $30/hr ($62K/yr) with my hours guaranteed. Their corporate office will not let them make a PTA salary, but this is basically the same thing. They have a great support staff & everything is on a pocket PC. I only have to go into the office once a week for case conference & am eligible for a company take home car after 90 days (whenever one becomes available). Until then, they pay mileage. I've been doing home health for about 3 years & have had no problems with dogs. Most people with non friendly dogs say that they will lock them up while I'm there. Never been a big deal for me. Most of the people I deal with are out in the country, so they tend to have that "southern hospitality" attitude. I've been with this company for a month & it's going great.

are you a pt or pta?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

shavon said: are you a pt or pta?

PTA

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

Thigia in Duluth, Georgia said: Hi I have a question about these pay rates. You have been a PTA for 18 years, are these pay rates for people with experience? How much is normal for a new grad? I live in Atlanta area and I was thinking of asking for anywhere 20-25/hour. Am I being unrealistic? Am looking to work in SNFs which I hear pay more. Thanks

Yes, the pay is for my experience. I'm not sure what a new grad would get. It depends on location, setting, experience, etc...I would see what they offer you first then go from there. I would tell them you want to think about it & get back to them. Then call them the next day and try to bump it up a little bit. As a new grad, I took the first offer & probably shouldn't have. It takes a while to make up for it. It never hurts to ask for more. Not to sure of your area, but I'd think low $20's/hr would be realistic. If there's anybody from your area they'd be a better judge of that for local rates.

Thigia in Duluth, Georgia

70 months ago

bluelineman in McKinney, Texas said: Yes, the pay is for my experience. I'm not sure what a new grad would get. It depends on location, setting, experience, etc...I would see what they offer you first then go from there. I would tell them you want to think about it & get back to them. Then call them the next day and try to bump it up a little bit. As a new grad, I took the first offer & probably shouldn't have. It takes a while to make up for it. It never hurts to ask for more. Not to sure of your area, but I'd think low $20's/hr would be realistic. If there's anybody from your area they'd be a better judge of that for local rates.

Thanks that helps. I will ask the veterans around here!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Risty in Houston, Texas

58 months ago

In response to Darrell Taylor post.
Hello. I am passing by on this forum and I am tempted to join since I have also a lot of experience to share for my 5 years of being a home health physical therapist in Houston TX. In terms of salary, $45.00 to $50.00 per visit is still the current prevailing rate for PTA. The salary rate depends on a lot factors like need of the therapist on the certain zip code and of course experience. On the paperwork side,in the company where I am right now, Theramax Therapy Services, we are paperless and writing the notes is easy. You just write the whole first progress note,the next time the system brings the last note and you just change the vital sign and edit tx changes on that particular session. Then you submit online..and that is it! It took me less 3 minutes on every note.
In terms of dogs, I ask first the staffing coordinator if the patient has dogs, if yes, I will make sure that they put it on the leash or I will not accept the patient. Usually, the patient has no problem with it.
For me, working in home health is the best decision I made in my career. I can spend more time with my son, can take my mom to the doctors office if she needs to and gives me more compensation on invest on something else. You just make sure you work in a reputable company. I suggest to work with the company who is owned by the PT and at least is been in business for at least 2 years for company financial stability reason. Also make sure you have a supervising therapist assigned for your professional license security.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

kstevens@jhsi.com in Paris, Texas

56 months ago

bluelineman in Aubrey, Texas said: Hello. I am a PTA with 18 yrs experience currently working in hospital outpatient clinic. I am looking at a local private home health company to go with full time. They offered me $53K full time, 25-30 visits a week, anything over 60 visits a pay period (2 weeks) gets PRN rate, use their car (not take home) & gas, no 401K, owner will pay part of my portion of the medical & all dental, 8 paid holidays, paid time off.

I got offered 60K last year from a company that never panned out. I wish I could find the paperwork to show him. I'm thinking of telling the owner of the concerns I have (no 401K, will pay more for medical ins) to see if he's willing to bump up the salary.

What would be a reasonable salary? I'm thinking of asking for $57K. The location is about 50 miles north of Dallas. Thanks!

We offer a competitive benefit package for therapy assistants, better than what you have posted....Please email me for details kstevens@jhsi.com. Also looking for a full time PT in area of Greenville, texas if you know of anyone..thanks so much...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Risty Durbin, PT in Houston, Texas

56 months ago

Hi, my name is Risty Durbin, PT. I am the chief operating officer of Theramax Therapy Services- Houston TX. We offer the same current rate, though depending on some other factors and the area of coverage, we give a little bit more than $50.00. Email me if you are interested in working with us. The company is paperless so don`t need to worry about the paperwork submission. Also you are assigned to 1 person only ,as a contact point, in dealing with your patients with Theramax. Visit us online: www.heramaxtherapyservices.com or email me at risty@thermaxherapyservices.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

Risty Durbin, PT in Houston, Texas said: Hi, my name is Risty Durbin, PT. I am the chief operating officer of Theramax Therapy Services- Houston TX. We offer the same current rate, though depending on some other factors and the area of coverage, we give a little bit more than $50.00. Email me if you are interested in working with us. The company is paperless so don`t need to worry about the paperwork submission. Also you are assigned to 1 person only ,as a contact point, in dealing with your patients with Theramax. Visit us online: www.heramaxtherapyservices.com or email me at risty@thermaxherapyservices.com

Correction: www.theramaxtherapyservices.com

Email: risty@theramaxtherapyservices.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

david70 in Lawrence, Kansas

54 months ago

Risty,

I am currently a PTA student. I graduate next May (2011). I also have my bachelor's degree in business. This is a second career for me. Upon graduation, I want to relocate back home to TX. I am originally from the Texarkana area, but don't neccessarily want to move back there. I am seriously considering the Houston area. What advice can you give me as far as job searching in that area? Does your company recruit new grads?

Thanks!
David

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

Great to hear from you David. We can`t wait to have additional PTA here in Houston! If you feel like you are ready to be independent in treating your patient in home health, then you can start applying in home health setting company like Theramax or other kind of business. Salary is of course remarkably higher in home health compared to the in-patient or clinic setting. If not, I will suggest you to first work in a hospital setting, especially in acute units to just really be comfortable in acute cases. After 3 months, you may start the transition by taking 2-3 patients in home health that you can see after work. Our company recruit new graduates. We train the new grads by accompanying them on the first 1-3 sessions of every patient until they are comfortable treating them. You have also your supervising therapist who is available by phone if you have questions. On my opinion, it is good for the new graduates or even the other therapists who are already working in home health for a long time to work in the company that is owned by a physical therapist or the company have a licensed PT managing the company. What may happen to those company that does not have their own PT, they will ask a contractor PT to evaluate the patient, then pass the evaluation to f/p PTA. Since the PT is contractual, you will be lucky enough if they will do the pt case conference or endorsement of the POC. What is the worst scenario is if you have question about the POC and there is no way for you to contact this person or any PT. Now, you are stuck on the situation of not knowing what to do plus you are not compliant with the TX PT board regulation. Visit the Knowledge Base of our company website to familiarize yourself about home Health setting and scenarios you will be expecting. Choose the link FAQ for the new therapist. Good luck David. We have our number in our website. Call the main number and look for me if you need assistance later: theramaxtherapyservices.com/usefullinks.asp

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

ch2554 in Sarasota, Florida

53 months ago

Does anyone know the average rate for a pta working in homehealth in the Sarasota FL area. Also does anyone know of any good companys in the area.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

jonathanbanks78 in Towson, Maryland

53 months ago

Risty,

I'm going to soon be a PTA grad with a LPTA in MD. I really have an interest in homehealth, but wanted to ask you for some help. I am single so I would like to do the Travel route for a bit to gain some experience before hitting homehealth.

Which settings do you feel would prepare me best for homehealth as a PTA?

SNF, nursing home, Hospital OP clinic, rehab hospital acute?

As a PTA what where would you say the best financial and flexible opportunities would be? I'm thinking homehealth?

I have a BS in Business, is there any opportunities down the road 10-15 years, for me to take a managerial role (ie Rehab director).

Thanks!
Jonathan

53 months ago

Hello Jonathan,
As a new grad, I would really advice you to get an experience from the hospital acute setting, then acute out patient setting, just to give you a good foundation. Most of the hospitals has both inpatient acute and out patient clinic rehab at the same time and they rotate the therapist from one department to another. In home health, you are working by your own and it is very important that you have a very good foundation. It is worth investing your time working in the hospital for a few months or even years even though therapist working in the hospital makes less money compared to home health therapist.Once you get the knowledge, then, you can hit the home health work.

Working in home health will give you a very good flexibility since you control your schedule and can actually work less since the pay is higher compared to hospital and out patient setting. If you are a business minded person and you want financial growth and freedom after 10 years, then this is a good work set up for you. You can work like a horse in the first part of your career, save, save, then investing your money on new venture (eg.real estate) to give you passive income someday or even opening your own rehab and being the director of it at the same time. I know a lot of rehab directors who are PTA.

Good luck to you Jonathan!

Check this link for FAQ for Home Health therapist: theramaxtherapyservices.com/NewApplicantEmployeeFAQ.aspx

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jonathanbanks78 in Towson, Maryland

53 months ago

Thanks Risty! I'm planning on being a rehab aide in the summer for a rehab hospital. They have an opening for the inpatient acute and OP acute.

Emily in Sulphur, Oklahoma

52 months ago

david70 in Lawrence, Kansas said: Risty,

I am currently a PTA student. I graduate next May (2011). I also have my bachelor's degree in business. This is a second career for me. Upon graduation, I want to relocate back home to TX. I am originally from the Texarkana area, but don't neccessarily want to move back there. I am seriously considering the Houston area. What advice can you give me as far as job searching in that area? Does your company recruit new grads?

Thanks!
David

I have the same background! I am looking to go back to school for PTA, planning to graduate from the program in 2012 and I have an undergraduate degree in Marketing! I am also curious to know if there are any companies in my area that recruit upon graduation or are even willing for me to work in their office for experience while I am going to school. Please let me know if anyone knows of anything in Southern Oklahoma!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Emily in Sulphur, Oklahoma

52 months ago

Emily in Sulphur, Oklahoma said: I have the same background! I am looking to go back to school for PTA, planning to graduate from the program in 2012 and I have an undergraduate degree in Marketing! I am also curious to know if there are any companies in my area that recruit upon graduation or are even willing for me to work in their office for experience while I am going to school. Please let me know if anyone knows of anything in Southern Oklahoma!

Oh, and I want to do home health...

Jess in Lancaster, Pennsylvania

50 months ago

I am a Therapeutic Massage Therapist, and I am thinking of going back to school for PTA. I love my job, but massage is very physically demanding on my hands/arms and I do not want to burn out. I love working with the elderly population and would like to work more with that population. How much do PTA's in nursing homes make in Lancaster, PA?

Jon in Apopka, Florida

46 months ago

Jess in Lancaster, Pennsylvania said: I am a Therapeutic Massage Therapist, and I am thinking of going back to school for PTA. I love my job, but massage is very physically demanding on my hands/arms and I do not want to burn out. I love working with the elderly population and would like to work more with that population. How much do PTA's in nursing homes make in Lancaster, PA?

I am a new PTA grad in FL and was offered PRN rate 35/hr in a SNF, 40 hrs guaranteed with sign-on bonus. Is this a good offer?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jon in Apopka, Florida

46 months ago

Risty Durbin, PT in Houston, Texas said: Hello Jonathan,
As a new grad, I would really advice you to get an experience from the hospital acute setting, then acute out patient setting, just to give you a good foundation. Most of the hospitals has both inpatient acute and out patient clinic rehab at the same time and they rotate the therapist from one department to another. In home health, you are working by your own and it is very important that you have a very good foundation. It is worth investing your time working in the hospital for a few months or even years even though therapist working in the hospital makes less money compared to home health therapist.Once you get the knowledge, then, you can hit the home health work.

Working in home health will give you a very good flexibility since you control your schedule and can actually work less since the pay is higher compared to hospital and out patient setting. If you are a business minded person and you want financial growth and freedom after 10 years, then this is a good work set up for you. You can work like a horse in the first part of your career, save, save, then investing your money on new venture (eg.real estate) to give you passive income someday or even opening your own rehab and being the director of it at the same time. I know a lot of rehab directors who are PTA.

Good luck to you Jonathan!

Check this link for FAQ for Home Health therapist: theramaxtherapyservices.com/NewApplicantEmployeeFAQ.aspx

I am a new PTA grad in FL and was offered PRN rate 35/hr in a SNF, 40 hrs guaranteed with sign-on bonus. Is this a good offer?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Theresa in Beltsville, Maryland

45 months ago

Hello I live in MD what is the PRN weekend rate for a PTA in a SNF? Can you tell me the rates with and without experience.

Israel in Katy, Texas

44 months ago

Well. I am a recent graduate of Pennfoster Career school. I major in Physical Therapy Aide. I am now ansious to get a job. Can any one tell me where to get a job with a home health company?

bluelineman in Little Elm, Texas

44 months ago

Israel in Katy, Texas said: Well. I am a recent graduate of Pennfoster Career school. I major in Physical Therapy Aide. I am now ansious to get a job. Can any one tell me where to get a job with a home health company?

In home health, you must be an independent practitioner, thus a PT or PTA license is required. Try a hospital, SNF, Rehab facility or outpatient clinic.

Andrew Schmiedlin, LPTA in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

44 months ago

Risty Durbin, PT in Houston, Texas said: Great to hear from you David. We can`t wait to have additional PTA here in Houston! If you feel like you are ready to be independent in treating your patient in home health, then you can start applying in home health setting company like Theramax or other kind of business. Salary is of course remarkably higher in home health compared to the in-patient or clinic setting. If not, I will suggest you to first work in a hospital setting, especially in acute units to just really be comfortable in acute cases. After 3 months, you may start the transition by taking 2-3 patients in home health that you can see after work. Our company recruit new graduates. We train the new grads by accompanying them on the first 1-3 sessions of every patient until they are comfortable treating them. You have also your supervising therapist who is available by phone if you have questions. On my opinion, it is good for the new graduates or even the other therapists who are already working in home health for a long time to work in the company that is owned by a physical therapist or the company have a licensed PT managing the company. What may happen to those company that does not have their own PT, they will ask a contractor PT to evaluate the patient, then pass the evaluation to f/p PTA. Since the PT is contractual, you will be lucky enough if they will do the pt case conference or endorsement of the POC. What is the worst scenario is if you have question about the POC and there is no way for you to contact this person or any PT. Now, you are stuck on the situation of not knowing what to do plus you are not compliant with the TX PT board regulation. Visit the Knowledge Base of our company website to familiarize yourself about home Health setting and scenarios you will be expecting. Choose the link FAQ for the new therapist. Good luck David. We have our number in our website. Call the main number and look for me if you need assistance later: ther

Ron Engler

43 months ago

I work home health as a pta in south Texas. I have 14 years experience in the health field. I am working my butt off, 50-60 hours a week, but I am making 10,000 a month. I enjoy meeting pt's in their home, it's nice to see the pt. as a person. I think old people are cute in their own way. I have a PT who is great! Our company is hiring and I'm looking forward to a bonus for bringing on a new PTA.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

john in Statesville, North Carolina

43 months ago

ron, do you mind me asking what your rate is per visit?

Obodun in Katy, Texas

43 months ago

Do you have a job for me?

Obodun in Katy, Texas

43 months ago

I am asking for minimum of 50 dollars per hour. Considering the high cost of gasoline.

AAHC in Stafford, Texas

43 months ago

Hey Guys,

I am an HR Director for a Home Health Agency in Houston.

If any of you are interested in a job send me an email, I would love to help you out!

I am always looking for PT's, PTA's, OT's and RN's.

sonia.aahc@gmail.com

Obodun in Katy, Texas

43 months ago

I am at your service.

SK in Torrington, Connecticut

43 months ago

I am a team leader for 3 different neurobehavioral units within a rehab hospital. My expertise is behavioral rehab but I work with several other healthcare members including OTs, PTs, SLPs, CTRs, Nurses, Psychologist and Doctors. I am currently making 59,000 per year. The issue for me is that there is no room to move up and I am feeling alittle burn out in the behavioral health field, have been in this field for a long time. I have always been fascinated with the practice of PT and wish that I had gotten into it when it was a bachlor degree. There is no way that I would have the time or money to earn a DPT. Which brings me to my point, I am interested in becoming a PTA but am worried that I will not beable to make what I am making now. I feel that I would really enjoy working in this rewarding profession but salary is very important because I am 41 years old and have a wife and family. My other avenue would be to go to school and become a licensed social worker. If any of you have any input or advice it would truely be appreciated.

Jon in Ocala, Florida

43 months ago

Money? I am a PTA with 2 yrs experience.
I am a PTA in FL and I made 104k last yr working 8 hrs a day, 40 hrs a week in home care with full benefits. Regular PT not PTA makes more of course. I visit 8 patients a day. 40- 45 mins each. This kind if income is average in TX, FL, CA, NV, AR, WA... etc. You can ask around with home care companies and they will confirm this.
Now if u want to work outpatient, hourly wage varies from 25-30 an hr with 1 yr exp. RN's would need to work 60 hrs a week during night shifts to be able to make 104k yr. No wonder PT's live and work a less stressful life than other people in other professions, especially RNs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

42 months ago

Jon in Ocala, Florida said: Money? I am a PTA with 2 yrs experience.
I am a PTA in FL and I made 104k last yr working 8 hrs a day, 40 hrs a week in home care with full benefits. Regular PT not PTA makes more of course. I visit 8 patients a day. 40- 45 mins each. This kind if income is average in TX, FL, CA, NV, AR, WA... etc. You can ask around with home care companies and they will confirm this.
Now if u want to work outpatient, hourly wage varies from 25-30 an hr with 1 yr exp. RN's would need to work 60 hrs a week during night shifts to be able to make 104k yr. No wonder PT's live and work a less stressful life than other people in other professions, especially RNs.

Jon,
What company do you work for? I am considering a move to Florida within the next few years. Thanks

Obodun in Katy, Texas

42 months ago

I am a recent graduate of a PTA education school. I am still looking for work. If there is opportunity for me where you are, or better yet in Hounston texas, please don't hesitate to send me an E-mail, at Obodun1@aol.com

Israel Jekayinfa.

bbqshipping in San Antonio, Texas

42 months ago

Darrin Taylor in Houston, Texas said: In the Houston Area most of the solicitations I get are ranging from $45-$50 a visit. I have, so far, not taken anyone up on these offers due to the reports from other therapists I know who are putting alot of time in on paperwork which is not compesatated time. I also have some concerns about what the agency will be responsible for in the event of an incident in the home such as a dog bite. One company I talked to, Encompass said they rely on the owner to tell them if their dog is up to date on shots. They could not satisfy me if I got bitten would I be taken care of as far as rabies treatment. Here in Houston I know an OT who works in neighborhoods where she will place a call to a friend or agency or police dept before she enters the home and says if I don't call be in X amount of time please assume something has happened to me and send help to this address.
Hope this helps

Have not been bitten by a dog in my 15 years + of home care... as far as bad neighborhoods go, your rate needs to go up. Be informed of the rates that your agencies are paid for your visit.(Medicare is currently over 150.00 in Texas) PTA's often sell themselves short... we are not LVNS.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jon in Ocala, Florida

42 months ago

My agency uses a tablet for documentation and it takes me 5 mins to finish notes for 1 patient which I am able to complete while in the patient's house. Dogs? I always refuse patients with dogs in the house, and I always refuse patients who live in unsafe neighborhood. My agency does not have a problem with therapists refusing certain patients.
Maybe because they are having a hard time hiring good therapists these days, or just therapists in general.

Obodun in Katy, Texas

42 months ago

I am available for work in Houston as soon as posible via e-mail.

Ron Engler in Princeton, Texas

42 months ago

john in Statesville, North Carolina said: ron, do you mind me asking what your rate is per visit?

No, I don't mind. 50$ per. Sorry it took me so long to get back.

Ron Engler in Princeton, Texas

42 months ago

Obodun in Katy, Texas said: I am asking for minimum of 50 dollars per hour. Considering the high cost of gasoline.

That is the minimum, but usually it's more.

42 months ago

Ron Engler in Princeton, Texas said: We use a computer system that makes progress notes a 5 min. affair, it's nice. Scheduling, writing comm. notes, missed visit reports, and miscellaneous communications take additional time. Like I said, I make 10,000 a month, but I am working 50-60 hours a week.

Ron,
Are you full time or PRN? Do you mind me asking what company you work for? I am in your area. Thanks.

Shawn in Tampa, Florida

42 months ago

Jon in Ocala, Florida said: Money? I am a PTA with 2 yrs experience.

I didn't know PTAs can have that earning potential and have heard it does hit a ceiling rather quickly though. The thing is, maybe what determines that is experience (like you have mentioned, being experienced, and opportunities with more); and location and many other things. I see you too are in Florida and there is a huge health care demand here with the aging population, but also other needs for therapy services, etc. It's a great field for the degree you do earn. I am just looking into the field myself and though I am in my early 20's, I'm just really interested in the work of a PTA and the field in general(and from personal experiences). I know being young I have many other options as well, others have dissuaded more schooling (paying off in the end), etc. If this is what I want to do I should go for it. This summer I plan on observing a PTA in different settings to decide if it is indeed what I'd really like to do.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Shaeleigh in Texas

42 months ago

What home health PTA opportunities and salaries are realistic in North TX - anywhere from Wichita Falls to Gainesville to Sherman areas?

42 months ago

Shaeleigh in Texas said: What home health PTA opportunities and salaries are realistic in North TX - anywhere from Wichita Falls to Gainesville to Sherman areas?

Encompass Home Health just opened an office in Denton that covers Gainesville too. Call the Denton office, you can Google the phone number, it won't let me list it here. I'm not sure if they need a PTA or not. I think we're pretty well covered staff wise in Sherman area.

Salary depends on experience, especially home health experience. How long have you been a PTA?

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.