What is the guy to girl ratio as a PTA?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

PTA in Weston, Florida

34 months ago

DaveMan,

About 72% of PTAs are women. There are some pros and cons to this in terms of workplace, drama, and environment. But when it comes to job opportunities, I can tell you that most places love hiring men (when they can get their hands on one). So you won't have ANY trouble getting a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

bluelineman in McKinney, Texas

34 months ago

PTA in Weston, Florida said: DaveMan,

About 72% of PTAs are women. There are some pros and cons to this in terms of workplace, drama, and environment. But when it comes to job opportunities, I can tell you that most places love hiring men (when they can get their hands on one). So you won't have ANY trouble getting a job.

I completely agree with the above comments.

It's a good paying career with only minimal education required.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mustang15 in Sioux City, Iowa

26 months ago

PTA in Weston, Florida said: DaveMan,

actually the percentage is about equal maybe 51% is women now. and you do require alot of education for this career about 6 to 8 years

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Mike in Fort Smith, Arkansas

26 months ago

Mustang,
I believe you are confusing PTA and PT. PTA definitely does NOT take 6-8 years of education.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.