PA school interview preparation

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 255)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

AudsPA in Grand Island, Florida

70 months ago

I just had my first interview, surprisingly it wasn't too bad. They wanted to know general info about myself, what activities i enjoyed, where i saw the future of medicine going, how this year's election would influence health insurance, what i would do if i saw a classmate cheating. Nothing too challenging, and I had plenty of medical experience to supplement my answers with. Just be yourself!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (70) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

taylor in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

70 months ago

thanks AudsPA, I leave tonight for my interview in the morning. i have been doing research and some practice questions for the most common questions...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

scott in Springfield, Missouri

70 months ago

Sure, I would love to help. The first suggestion I would have for you is to practice practice practice on interview questions that may be presented. Without going into any specific questions, unless you have some, try to stick to what will make you an amazing PA. Work experience, classes taken, etc. Think of some good questions to ask of them also as most likely at the end of each interview they will ask if you have any questions. Look professional, dress sharp, be confident in who you are, and know that obviously you have what it takes as far as pre-reqs to get to this point. I would recommend doing a mock interview in which your friends or whoever acts like the interviewee and asks you random questions that you have found or anticipate. Hopefully all these suggestions help. If you have anymore questions let me know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No Reply - Report abuse

Emmanuel in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

70 months ago

Thanks a lot, that would really help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

melvina in Bakersfield, California

66 months ago

I really need help on interview questions suggestions pls.Mine comes up next week and i am nervous as hell.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

scott in Springfield, Missouri

65 months ago

Sure, I'd be glad to help. They asked me why I felt I would make a great PA, why they should pick me, what faults I had in my application, and what faults or strengths I possessed. They will ask questions about your experience, schooling, shadowing, knowledge of the profession, and most likely what you know about their school. Be up to date and sharp on these because they will most def. set you apart from the rest. On the flip side, have questions preparted for the staff. I would spend some good time on this because it will show you did your research. Perhaps tailor questions to staff memebers that you can review on the PA schools website. I outright recommend this book I bought that helped me prepare for the interview. I believe it is called Getting Into the Physician Assistant School of Your Choice. Buy it, and have a great answer for all the questions they have in it, which will most likely lead to you having an answer for most questions presented. If you don't an answer to a question, be upright, direct, and focus on your strengths that make you a good candidate. Hope this helps!-Scott

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

tflowers in Decatur, Georgia

63 months ago

scott in Springfield, Missouri said: I just had my interview and found out I got accepted! I thought it went great and if anyone has any questions about what I did to prepare for any of my application, let me know and I'll see if I can help.

Hi-

I would like to know what you were asked and how you answered. My interview is on Monday June 1, 2009. Thanks in advance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Natalie K in Macomb, Michigan

59 months ago

scott in Springfield, Missouri said: I just had my interview and found out I got accepted! I thought it went great and if anyone has any questions about what I did to prepare for any of my application, let me know and I'll see if I can help.

Yes hello! I was just granted my first interview at Wayne State University. I heard the interviews are VERY intimidating specifically at this school. I am extremely nervous and am worried they will ask me something I'm no knowledgeable about.
Any tips and advice will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Natalie

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Emily in Brighton, Massachusetts

59 months ago

Hi Natalie,
I think that information that other people have posted is good. I got the book "Getting into the PA program of your choice" and I've found it helpful. There are a lot of interview questions to practice with and suggestions on how to answer them. My first interview is this coming Thursday... I'm alternately freaking out and trying to be calm. Wish me luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Emily in Brighton, Massachusetts

59 months ago

Oh, and if you don't know something, don't be afraid to say that you don't know. It's better than trying to make up something.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lvanessa in Bryson City, North Carolina

58 months ago

Hi there, and congratulations!
I'm a bit nervous as I was primarily prepared for MPT (physical therapy), got accepted and relocated, but had to withdraw due to shoulder operation.
I'm applying to a PA program and would really appreciate any tips on preparation for the interview...I'm confident in my skills, but tend to get nervous in interviews. Competition is brutal, so any info/guidance would be greatly appreciated!
Sincerely,
Linda Schwarzenberg

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Natalie in Royal Oak, Michigan

58 months ago

Emily in Brighton, Massachusetts said: Hi Natalie,
I think that information that other people have posted is good. I got the book "Getting into the PA program of your choice" and I've found it helpful. There are a lot of interview questions to practice with and suggestions on how to answer them. My first interview is this coming Thursday... I'm alternately freaking out and trying to be calm. Wish me luck!

Good luck with everything! Let me know how it goes...I have the book as well and the only thing don't see in it are ethical type questions. Those are the ones I'm really worried about!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

TH in Virginia Beach, Virginia

58 months ago

I have been offered an interview at ODU. I need some help if anyone can on the PhD. Counseling program.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jennifer28 in New Jersey

58 months ago

I got invited to interview with Pace University for their Physician Assistant Masters program. I am super excited and nervous at the same time. I have three weeks to prepare myself for it. Its a 4 hour group interview. There are 25 applicants per group. I don't know what to expect but I'm guessing it includes a campus tour. Any pointers?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

muhammad jarrar in Boston, Massachusetts

57 months ago

i got some information about interview questions. need more detail.

linda in Parkesburg, Pennsylvania

57 months ago

has anyone interviewed with UMDNJ? or know of their interview format? it's only 15 minutes, is that the norm for most interviews?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Yelena in Walled Lake, Michigan

57 months ago

Jennifer28 in New Jersey said: I got invited to interview with Pace University for their Physician Assistant Masters program. I am super excited and nervous at the same time. I have three weeks to prepare myself for it. Its a 4 hour group interview. There are 25 applicants per group. I don't know what to expect but I'm guessing it includes a campus tour. Any pointers?

I have an interview there too in December. I didnt realize it was a group interview. Mine just says to wear comfortable shoes for walking around. Let me know how it goes.

nosir82 in San Antonio, Texas

57 months ago

Anybody being to an inteview for North Texas, stony brook ny, massachussets boston. I have an interview coming up pretty soon for all

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

nosir82 in San Antonio, Texas

57 months ago

Anybody also called for interview in uthscsa in texas

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

ab20 in Rexburg, Idaho

57 months ago

I received an interview at UCDenver, they have a group problem solving portion and I was wondering if anyone had been through one. Is it best to be vocal or reserved, is the problem solving on specific disease, or is it just to witness team interaction and communication skills. Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

skyflakes in San Antonio, Texas

57 months ago

nosir82 in San Antonio, Texas said: Anybody being to an inteview for North Texas, stony brook ny, massachussets boston. I have an interview coming up pretty soon for all

I have an upcoming interview in all the school you mentioned (UTHSCSA, UNTHSC, Stony Brook, and Mercy College so far), do you have any insight as to how I should prepare myself? Pretty nervous. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Heather in Menomonie, Wisconsin

57 months ago

ab20 in Rexburg, Idaho said: I received an interview at UCDenver, they have a group problem solving portion and I was wondering if anyone had been through one. Is it best to be vocal or reserved, is the problem solving on specific disease, or is it just to witness team interaction and communication skills. Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks!

I have an interview in December at UCDenver as well and I have just a little bit of information about the group problem solving portion.. I was told that the group portion will not be related to specific diseases nor depend on specific training in the medical field. It seems that the main purpose of that section is to observe how people interact and collaborate. :) Good Luck!

Erik S in Houston, Texas

56 months ago

nosir82 in San Antonio, Texas said: Anybody being to an inteview for North Texas, stony brook ny, massachussets boston. I have an interview coming up pretty soon for all

I have an interview this Tuesday at UNT. Pretty nervous. I am trying to come up with questions to ask the interviewers but am having some trouble.

Mike L in Frisco, Texas

56 months ago

Erik S in Houston, Texas said: I have an interview this Tuesday at UNT. Pretty nervous. I am trying to come up with questions to ask the interviewers but am having some trouble.

Good luck on your interview at UNT! Please give feedback on how it went, wondering what to expect for a PA interview...

Nervous me in Houston, Texas

56 months ago

I need help. I got an interview in Jan. 2010. I'm nervous.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Gary Montgomery in New Braunfels, Texas

56 months ago

Has anyone received an Acceptance Letter for the UTHSCSA PA Program? I received mine the 1st of December. My interview was 14Nov. I'm just trying to get an idea of who I will spending the next 3 years of my life with.

TBird in Farmington, New Mexico

55 months ago

Gary Montgomery in New Braunfels, Texas said: Has anyone received an Acceptance Letter for the UTHSCSA PA Program? I received mine the 1st of December. My interview was 14Nov. I'm just trying to get an idea of who I will spending the next 3 years of my life with.

I INTERVIEW ON JANUARY 16TH. WISH ME LUCK! I am from Gruver,Texas.

Texas TBird in Gruver, Texas

55 months ago

nosir82 in San Antonio, Texas said: Anybody also called for interview in uthscsa in texas

Yes, January 2010

55 months ago

Mike L in Frisco, Texas said: Good luck on your interview at UNT! Please give feedback on how it went, wondering what to expect for a PA interview...

UNT was my 1st choice & I didn't get an interview. Do you think it is too late to keep my hopes up? I interview at UTHSCSA in two weeks.
What was your most difficult question?

Lauren Holmes in Houston, Texas

55 months ago

Hello I have a interview coming up in January for Texas Tech and am very nervous. I just wanted to see if anyone had any advise and tips for the interview and also how long after the interview before your hear about acceptance into the program. Thanks!

55 months ago

When did you get your interview notice from Texas Tech? I have an interview with UTHSCSA on January 15 and I am getting really nervous but was thinking that TT might interview me also. It is closer to home.

Roycia Lawrence in Rocky Mount, North Carolina

55 months ago

I have an interview for Duke at the end of the month. They mentioned team exercises. Can anyone give me some background on these exercises?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

amy6336 in Albany, New York

55 months ago

I have an interview at PCOM in a few weeks. Any suggestions in preparation? I am extremely nervous! Does anyone have possible questions/answers that would be helpful!
Thanks in advance!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

thess in Chula Vista, California

55 months ago

Hi my name is Thess Hilliard, I am a Pre-PA student, i tried to apply this year but did not get accepted, its ok though I know that I am not ready yet. My plan for this year is to retake some classes ,volunteer, shadow a physician and be fully prepared for the next cycle. I would like to ask if you could share with me your successful preparation of your application, and how many school did you applied for? Thank for your info:)

Brady in Wichita Falls, Texas

55 months ago

Lauren Holmes in Houston, Texas said: Hello I have a interview coming up in January for Texas Tech and am very nervous. I just wanted to see if anyone had any advise and tips for the interview and also how long after the interview before your hear about acceptance into the program. Thanks!

When is your interview date for TTHSC? I have mine Jan 12th and am starting to get nervous.

Susie in Anchorage, Alaska

55 months ago

Anyone familiar with Pacific University's interview process?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tillie3 in Dallas, Texas

55 months ago

Has anyone interviewed at UT Southwestern? If so... do you have any pointers on how to prepare?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

slavic in Salem, Oregon

55 months ago

Susie in Anchorage, Alaska said: Anyone familiar with Pacific University's interview process?

when is your interview date

susie in Anchorage, Alaska

55 months ago

end of january.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

susie in Anchorage, Alaska

55 months ago

slavic in Salem, Oregon said: when is your interview date

end of january. are you interviewing there?

Jennifer28 in New Jersey

55 months ago

DG in Herndon, Virginia said: Did anyone hear back from PCOM or Philadelphia university recently??? Everytime I call these schools they say my application is being reviewed (from over a month). I am becoming very impatient because I only applied to 3 schools.....Can anyone please tell me if you have interviewed there recently and if you happen to know how many spots are already filled. Thanks!

I had an interview with PCOM on Dec. 8 and got a letter saying Im waitlisted two weeks later. I dont know how many spots are already filled. I got rejected from Philadelphia Univ back in November so if you havent heard from them thats good you're probably in the maybe interview pile. Good Luck!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

krickstad in South Burlington, Vermont

55 months ago

i had an interview with PCOM on Jan 8 and they said they didnt have many spots left (they wouldnt say how many but that they were close to filling the class)

TBird in Abilene, Texas

55 months ago

I interviewed UTHSC San Antonio on Saturday. They said 8 spots are taken out of a possible 30.

slavic in Salem, Oregon

55 months ago

susie in Anchorage, Alaska said: end of january. are you interviewing there?

yep. this weekend

Liscusa in Buffalo, New York

54 months ago

Hi, I have a PA interview on Saturday and I have no Idea of what to prepare for. Could you please help?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

UNT4me in Oak Ridge, Tennessee

54 months ago

how was your interview at North Texas? What style of interview was it, how long was it, and what are some pointers you could give me to excel? Any help would be awesome. thanks

Jess08 in Dallas, Texas

54 months ago

I interviewed at UNT in October, was put on the wait list, then accepted two weeks later!! Interviewing there was a great experience, it was a very laid back atmosphere. They just want to get to know you. So my advice is just be yourself and relax. I had two different people interview me, both were very nice.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

monicam in Portland, Oregon

54 months ago

I am interviewing at Loma Linda in California this week. Does anyone have any
information or recommendations about interviewing with this university?
There will be 3 tests given: medical terminology, math and a written exam.
Then there will be a panel interview. It's an all day event I have been told.
I would love any advise/recommendations...........

UNT4me in Fort Worth, Texas

54 months ago

Jess08 in Dallas, Texas said: I interviewed at UNT in October, was put on the wait list, then accepted two weeks later!! Interviewing there was a great experience, it was a very laid back atmosphere. They just want to get to know you. So my advice is just be yourself and relax. I had two different people interview me, both were very nice.

Jess... Congratulations! My interview is Feb 1 and I'm so glad its a relaxed atmosphere. I plan on just being myself and showing them why I should join you in their class this coming year. Lord willing, if I join you there, we'll at least vaguely know each other. Have a great week.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Angie in Bedford, Texas

54 months ago

Hi, Jess...Congratulation. My interview for UNT is tomorrow. I am really nervous but after reading your message I feel more confident.If they accepted me we will be classmates.

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.