Physician Assistant Interview Questions

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (30)

Annie Okasor in Garland, Texas

81 months ago

I need help from students who have interviewed with TTUHSC or UNTHSC. I have no clue about their interview format. I am expecting to interview with Texas Tech within the next few weeks and I plead for your help. Anything will be great. Thank you very much

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Lily

80 months ago

Annie Okasor in Garland, Texas said: I need help from students who have interviewed with TTUHSC or UNTHSC. I have no clue about their interview format. I am expecting to interview with Texas Tech within the next few weeks and I plead for your help. Anything will be great. Thank you very much

Hi Annie,
I too have an interview scheduled with Texas Tech end of January. Please, let me know how your interview went and your thoughts about the school. GOODLUCK!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

John in Salem, Oregon

78 months ago

Annie Okasor in Garland, Texas said: I need help from students who have interviewed with TTUHSC or UNTHSC. I have no clue about their interview format. I am expecting to interview with Texas Tech within the next few weeks and I plead for your help. Anything will be great. Thank you very much

Do you still need information on the interview at Texas Tech? I went to the interview and got accepted for the program starting this May.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No Reply - Report abuse

cristy in Dallas, Texas

78 months ago

John in Salem, Oregon said: Do you still need information on the interview at Texas Tech? I went to the interview and got accepted for the program starting this May.

Hi,

I think we interviewed on the same day. Congratulations! I was accepted as well and I will be starting in May. Have you already made arrangements for housing? Have you heard anything from financial aid?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

John

78 months ago

Congratulations to you too! I'm in the process of moving to Texas right now... so, I'm still looking for housing. As for financial aid, no I haven't heard anything back yet. I'm looking forward to be starting though; I think it's going to be great!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

cristy in Dallas, Texas

78 months ago

hey you might want to check out Silver Creek apartments. They are across the street from Tech and are very reasonable. If you're interested the number is 432-687-0053 and speak with Charlene Thompson, tell her Cristina referred you and that you're part of the PA program. They try to put all of us in the same part of the complex, quieter. They are very nice people

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

John

78 months ago

thanks for tip... I'll give them a call. Have you already taken care of your housing? It seems to be a pretty tight market there right now.

cristy in Dallas, Texas

78 months ago

Yes I went there last weekend and had a chance to talk with some of the current students. I don't really like leaving stuff until the last minute so I went ahead and stopped by and put a deposit down on an apartment. Try to secure something as soon as possible because they told me it's been so bad that some people have had to live out of hotels or worse their cars. Sorry don't mean to alarm you but just do what you can soon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Laura Ammons in Brownsville, Texas

78 months ago

I am looking to hire a Physicisn Assistant in the lower Rio Grande Valley. Excellent pay and incentives!
Please contact me 956-548-6666

Bella Maioriello in Davenport, Iowa

77 months ago

Our new and rapidly growing Neurosurgical practice is looking to hire a Physician Assistant in Davenport, Iowa. Please contact me at 563-344-8330.

Lauren Holmes in Houston, Texas

56 months ago

Hello I have a interview coming up in January for Texas Tech and am very nervous. I just wanted to see if anyone had any advise and tips for the interview and also how long after the interview before your hear about acceptance into the program. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

John in Kent, Washington

56 months ago

Hi Lauren... I'm currently a 2nd year student at Texas Tech... the best advice I can give you is to be yourself. If you got invited for an interview...that means you have what the school thinks it takes to be successful in the program...so congrats! The interview process is more about seeing if you would "fit in" with the other students/staff.... so, just relax, be yourself and be happy that you got chosen for an interview.

As for how long does it take before you are notified...that varies. I was told two days after the interview...but others in my class were told a month or two later. Best of luck to you!

56 months ago

John in Kent, Washington said: Hi Lauren... I'm currently a 2nd year student at Texas Tech... the best advice I can give you is to be yourself. If you got invited for an interview...that means you have what the school thinks it takes to be successful in the program...so congrats! The interview process is more about seeing if you would "fit in" with the other students/staff.... so, just relax, be yourself and be happy that you got chosen for an interview.

As for how long does it take before you are notified...that varies. I was told two days after the interview...but others in my class were told a month or two later. Best of luck to you![/QUOTE

Thank you so much for your advise. How are you enjoying the program itself and 2nd year? Was it hard to find a place in Midland to live, since I assume you are from out of state? I am really looking forward to the interview but nervous as well. I can't believe you found out two days later, that is extremely quick turn around! Thanks again for your help and I look forward to hearing from you further.

John in Kent, Washington

56 months ago

The program is quick paced and challenging. The information you need to learn seems endless and at times, overwhelming. Just remember...others have done it...

As for housing...when I went to Midland, there was a fire at an oil refinery in Big Springs so, several families moved to Midland, making housing difficult....though it is better now. There are several places in close proximity to the school.... it might be worth your time while you are there, after the interview, to stop by a couple of the places to pick up an application for a lease....that way, if you get accepted and decide on attend T.Tech...you will already have a leg up on getting a place.

56 months ago

John in Kent, Washington said: The program is quick paced and challenging. The information you need to learn seems endless and at times, overwhelming. Just remember...others have done it...

As for housing...when I went to Midland, there was a fire at an oil refinery in Big Springs so, several families moved to Midland, making housing difficult....though it is better now. There are several places in close proximity to the school.... it might be worth your time while you are there, after the interview, to stop by a couple of the places to pick up an application for a lease....that way, if you get accepted and decide on attend T.Tech...you will already have a leg up on getting a place.

Thanks for the advise! So why did you choose Tech over other programs for you? Meaning, what do you think are the best aspects of this particular program for you personally? The web site itself doesn't have too many specific details, so I thought I would ask from someone who has experienced it. Thanks again. Hope to soon be a future classmate of yours!

John in Kent, Washington

56 months ago

Well Lauren....the reason I chose Tech was for two main reasons. First, the pass rate on the PANCE is at 98% after completing the program. You can go to a good school, but if you don't pass the PANCE, it is all for nothing. Tech has turned their program around and has had great success in having their students pass the PANCE in their first try. Second, the program is only 27 months long. The longer you are in school, the less money you are making and the more debt you are accumulating. At 27 months, it is one of the shorter programs.

If and when you get accepted, Tech will assign you a "mentor" that will be able to answer a lot of your questions. The "mentor" will be someone from the class ahead of you...that is to say, the class of 2011. You are right in that the details are few on the website. But the instructors that you will be interviewing with are all very nice and will answer any question you have at the interview.

As for being a fellow classmate, that will be great! Just know that you will be starting in May, I'll be finishing in Aug. and I won't be at the school much as I'll be finishing clinical rotations. I'll still do my best to answer any questions you have though. : )

Best of luck at the interview, and if you have any more questions about that or anything else....let me know.

sabikun in Detroit, Michigan

56 months ago

to: John in Kent, Washington

Hey My name is sabikun I am from detroit Michigan. Its my 2nd semester in college I am taking classes for my BA cuz PA requirs a a bechlor degree before I can apply to PA skul atleast thats what i was told. I am kind of confused tho I wanted to is there any test that I have to take before I can Apply for PA skul and if there is a test whats th score that I gotta have. I also wanted to know is there any school that I can apply just doing the pre-req without a BA degree.
If you could help me It would been really helpful I also would like info about your skul thank u.

John

56 months ago

Sabikun,

Not all PA programs require a degree before starting, though most do. Some schools may require you to take the GRE, but again....there are schools that do not. In order to find out what different schools require for admission, you can look at CASPA.COM. On that site, it will list PA programs throughout the nation and will tell you what their requirements are for entering.

I will say that if English is not your first language, it is something you will have to work on.

Good luck to you.

thompson in Lubbock, Texas

45 months ago

John in Kent, Washington said: Well Lauren....the reason I chose Tech was for two main reasons. First, the pass rate on the PANCE is at 98% after completing the program. You can go to a good school, but if you don't pass the PANCE, it is all for nothing. Tech has turned their program around and has had great success in having their students pass the PANCE in their first try. Second, the program is only 27 months long. The longer you are in school, the less money you are making and the more debt you are accumulating. At 27 months, it is one of the shorter programs.

If and when you get accepted, Tech will assign you a "mentor" that will be able to answer a lot of your questions. The "mentor" will be someone from the class ahead of you...that is to say, the class of 2011. You are right in that the details are few on the website. But the instructors that you will be interviewing with are all very nice and will answer any question you have at the interview.

As for being a fellow classmate, that will be great! Just know that you will be starting in May, I'll be finishing in Aug. and I won't be at the school much as I'll be finishing clinical rotations. I'll still do my best to answer any questions you have though. : )

Best of luck at the interview, and if you have any more questions about that or anything else....let me know.

My husband is hoping to get an interview with Tech. What was your GPA and medical experience? He was a Physical Therapist for 10 years before getting into medical sales. What was the age of the oldest student in you class?

Thanks!

John

45 months ago

I know that the competition for getting into Tech...or any PA program are getting tougher and tougher as more and more people are applying to PA schools. The last I looked, Tech didn't require previous medical experience or a degree...though both will help.... 10 years as a PT will help alot in being a PA.

As for myself, my GPA was a 4.0 and I had 2 years experience as a CNA. Don't let the GPA worry you too much...granted, you'll need to have A's and B's to be competitive....but the school considers more than just grades when picking students to fill their classes. As for the age of the oldest student in my class....56 years old....the youngest was 19. We had several in their mid 20's and some in their late 30's and early 40's. Don't let age be a worry either!

Hope that info helped... let me know if there is anything else I can answer for you.

Shane in Odessa, Texas

45 months ago

I have applied and now waiting for an interview at Tech. I wondered if anyone out there has already interviewed and been accepted?

redheadsupergirl in Fayetteville, Arkansas

44 months ago

I just got and interview invitation to Duke University's PA program. I am so excited; that is my dream school, but I am so nervous about the interview. Does anyone have any helpful hints or can you let me know how to prepare and what the process is like? I want in! Any help or advice is appreciated, so long as it is positive.

Trevor in Ponder, Texas

42 months ago

I am interviewing for the UMSI on Friday at Texas Tech, has anyone gone through this interview? I am very thrilled to make it to the interviewing session, just wondered what type of questions were asked?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Liz in Montrose, Pennsylvania

30 months ago

Anyone had an interview or heard anything from Pennsylvania college of technology for PA? What kinds of questions do they ask and what would writing topics possible be? Thank you!

SP023 in Sugar Land, Texas

21 months ago

John in Salem, Oregon said: Do you still need information on the interview at Texas Tech? I went to the interview and got accepted for the program starting this May.

Can you please give me some information on the interview at Texas Tech please? I have an interview coming up and i am really nervous.
Thank You

21 months ago

Trevor in Ponder, Texas said: I am interviewing for the UMSI on Friday at Texas Tech, has anyone gone through this interview? I am very thrilled to make it to the interviewing session, just wondered what type of questions were asked?

Can you please give me some information on the interview at Texas Tech please? I have an interview coming up and i am really nervous.
Thank You

21 months ago

Lauren Holmes in Houston, Texas said: Hello I have a interview coming up in January for Texas Tech and am very nervous. I just wanted to see if anyone had any advise and tips for the interview and also how long after the interview before your hear about acceptance into the program. Thanks!

Thank You

21 months ago

John said: I know that the competition for getting into Tech...or any PA program are getting tougher and tougher as more and more people are applying to PA schools. The last I looked, Tech didn't require previous medical experience or a degree...though both will help.... 10 years as a PT will help alot in being a PA.

As for myself, my GPA was a 4.0 and I had 2 years experience as a CNA . Don't let the GPA worry you too much...granted, you'll need to have A's and B's to be competitive....but the school considers more than just grades when picking students to fill their classes. As for the age of the oldest student in my class....56 years old....the youngest was 19. We had several in their mid 20's and some in their late 30's and early 40's. Don't let age be a worry either!

Hope that info helped... let me know if there is anything else I can answer for you.

Thank You

John in Tacoma, Washington

21 months ago

Congrats on getting an interview. Please note that I interviewed at T. Tech in 2008, so some things may have changed. But it was my experience that they were more interested in learning about you. The fact that you got invited for the interview says that they already think you are qualified to attend the school....they just want to know if you'll fit in with the other students and instructors. They will want to know why you want to be a P.A.

Good luck.

21 months ago

John in Tacoma, Washington said: Congrats on getting an interview. Please note that I interviewed at T. Tech in 2008, so some things may have changed. But it was my experience that they were more interested in learning about you. The fact that you got invited for the interview says that they already think you are qualified to attend the school....they just want to know if you'll fit in with the other students and instructors. They will want to know why you want to be a P.A.

Good luck.

Thank you

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.