Tips for piping designer interviews.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 293)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Host

Do you have any tips to help prepare for an upcoming piping designer interview?

Are there common interview questions that come up again and again?

Reply - Report abuse

Mark in Spring, Texas

84 months ago

Just stay positive and be interested in learning. It's a long road to become a senior piper

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (198) / No (32) Reply - Report abuse

kiran in Europe

81 months ago

i am kiran working for bechtel since from 2000,if u have any queries u can directly mail to my mail id below..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (247) / No (45) Reply - Report abuse

kiran in Europe

81 months ago

interview deals with standards and procedure of a project how it works,and also the employeer looks type of candidate who his suitable for his project like if its power project he should be aware of 31.1,power equipment like turbine building,boiler,AQCS,equipment,tie-in packages,if its process 31.3 and pipe rack design,column piping,pump piping,compressor piping and how to preapre MTO,iso-checking,lots more to add so cal me on 09899096560 if u have any doubts.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (109) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Dyji in Australia

81 months ago

Contact me with contact details
dyjicj@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Rajesh in Doha, Qatar

79 months ago

Please provide some coures center for pds and pdms

thanks

rajesh

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (146) / No (37) Reply - Report abuse

khader mohamed in Cairo, Egypt

79 months ago

mech. engineer offshore onshre piping painet welding q.c project manger exper. 22 years

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

khader mohamed in Cairo, Egypt

79 months ago

Host said: Do you have any tips to help prepare for an upcoming piping designer interview?

material chemical proportuons and mechanical prop. model test

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

tranquil in Marquard, Germany

79 months ago

ANANTH in Madras, India said: HELLO I HAD A PLAN TO JOIN PDS IN BIBRAIN, PLEAS TELL HOW IS THE TEACHING.. IT WOULD BE MORE HELP FUL FOE ME...

Looking for pds training contact careers@tranquilengg.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

roy in Calgary, Alberta

79 months ago

hi! I'm Roy PDS engineer working in Saudi, and I would like to know if you already got the answers to your questions coz im having the same problems as yours.

can you please send me a copy of answers to your questions regarding the PDS interview related questions?

this is my email address alvinroy_10@yahoo.com

Thank you and your response is highly appreciated

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (56) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

navin in Houston, Texas

77 months ago

want to know regarding pipe routing questions that will be asked.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (71) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

navin in Houston, Texas

77 months ago

i am attending a telephonic interview for bechtel, please give me some tips on how to prepare for the interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (117) / No (28) Reply - Report abuse

mike in Anchorage, Alaska

77 months ago

navin in Houston, Texas said: i am attending a telephonic interview for bechtel, please give me some tips on how to prepare for the interview.

going in for that big PDS job they have kicking off huh =P

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

pardeep adlakha in New Delhi, India

76 months ago

this is pardeep ,would like to know best training centre for PDMS in india specially in new delhi.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (59) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

b lal in Vadodara, India

76 months ago

sir,

deferent between pipe bend & pipe elbow

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (71) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

shiv Kumar Karwa in Bombay, India

76 months ago

Host said: Do you have any tips to help prepare for an upcoming piping designer interview?

Question : what is the difference in Pipe and tube.
answer : pipe is a tube which dimensions are according to ASME 36.10M ( For Seamless or wrought steel pipes) or ASME 36.19M standards (for SS pipes).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

Ananth in Jacksonville, Florida

76 months ago

KANDASWAMY in Doha, Qatar said: I THINK CHENNAI IN MECH-CAD
AND ARJUN CONSULTANT IN ADYAR CHENNAI

can u give me the contact information of ARJUN CONSULTANT

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

ragupathi in Singapore, Singapore

76 months ago

Hi
presently i am working in mechanical cad designer, now i want to change the piping designer , how to change the piping designer. my e mail adress is ragupathin2007@yahoo.com.sg Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (41) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Dennis Cahalan in Hatboro, Pennsylvania

76 months ago

navin in Houston, Texas said: want to know regarding pipe routing questions that will be asked.

Navin, I assist Bechtel with their Engineering needs both locally and nationally. Give me a call offline and I discuss with you some of their procedures.

Dennis 215-444-9495

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

sanjay savale in Bombay, India

76 months ago

Thanks
Pl. send me PDS Course Fees, New Batch & Hostel Facility
I am Mech. Draughtsman But i no knolage for Basic piping
u r teching basic Piping Pl. guid me
my english is very poor,,,,

Pl. i am intrested in PDS But above broblem

Pl. guid me...

sanjay-<contact information removed> (Mumbai)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (45) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

senthil in Madras, India

76 months ago

i want tips for effective pipe routing in plant

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

udayeswara rao in Hyderabad, India

76 months ago

I want to learn PDS course at hyderabad.plz told me best institute.some institutes are given training but not meet our requirements.so plz suggest best institute for pds....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

babu in Vijayawada, India

76 months ago

request donot join IPEBS institutes in hyderabad, i lost my time and money, now i ll be searching new institue for piping design course..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

UDAYESWARA RAO in Hyderabad, India

76 months ago

PLZ TELL ME PDS TRAINING INSTITUTE IN HYDERABAD.SOME INSTITUTES IN HYDERABAD WITHOUT KNOWELEDGE OF "PDS" teach the pds course.I want any good institute for "PDS" or any experience person could teach "PDS" in hyderabd.plz send the address for those persons...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (37) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Norm in Andover, New Jersey

76 months ago

One that sometimes comes up and stumps a few Pipers is.....What can dictate actual location of some equipment?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

rit in Calcutta, India

75 months ago

Mark in Spring, Texas said: Just stay positive and be interested in learning. It's a long road to become a senior piper

can u tell me how to improve to become 4 good piper

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jsrawat80@gmail.com in Ranjan, India

75 months ago

to concentrate toward work and to work learn not for earn. to become agood pipe designer first need is good knowledge of all design software specially autocad

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Srinivas in Hyderabad, India

75 months ago

For piping design and engineering and PDMS ,IPEBS is one of the best institute in India, I have done my course form IPEBS Hyderabad, the course was delivered in an excellent fashion, and I am selected as Piping Engineer in Hyderabad, ARYA Systems.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Baseer in Hyderabad, India

75 months ago

I did my course in Piping Engineering from IPEBS hyderabad and got a job in ROLTA Mumbai as a Piping Designer . I recommend IPEBS for anyone looking forward to establish themselves in the Piping Industry.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

krishna in Madras, India

75 months ago

they are charging around 35-40K, for teh course

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

krishna in Madras, India

75 months ago

www.clickindia.com/detail.php?id=211957

see this for PDS and Sp3D training in chennai

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Maria in Jacksonville, Florida

75 months ago

Hi i am ananth, given me the address of speartech and cethar in chennai for PDS course. My mail id is chnanand@hotmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

satish panchal in Bombay, India

75 months ago

i want to do mechanical engineering diploma in part-time or sat.&sun.can u guide me which institute recognised by aicte & his address & telephone nos.in mumbai,& i want to also learn pds,pdms.microstation so which institute in mumbai or any person who teach all the course,pls send me this information on my email id,i am working full time job(10am to 6pm).
Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Brandon Halterman in Orlando, Florida

75 months ago

We are always looking for piping designers/engineers here @ SIEMENS in Orlando, FL for our Power Generation DIV. If any of you are interested let me know. We use PDS here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Brandon Halterman

75 months ago

email me your resume.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Brandon Halterman

75 months ago

send resume to <Edited by Host: contact info removed>

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

co in Birmingham, United Kingdom

75 months ago

babu in Vijayawada, India said: request donot join IPEBS institutes in hyderabad, i lost my time and money, now i ll be searching new institue for piping design course..

Hi Babu,
What is wrong with IPEBS , am planning to be there nexth month for their Piping Training.
Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Srinivas in Hyderabad, India said: For piping design and engineering and PDMS ,IPEBS is one of the best institute in India, I have done my course form IPEBS Hyderabad, the course was delivered in an excellent fashion, and I am selected as Piping Engineer in Hyderabad, ARYA Systems.

HI
As I can see from your postings, you have done the piping course at IPEBS. What will you have to say as per the proficiency you attained after the course. What are thier strengh and weakness as I saw a negative posting about them here asking people not to register with them. Your help will be well appreciated thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Baseer in Hyderabad, India said: I did my course in Piping Engineering from IPEBS hyderabad and got a job in ROLTA Mumbai as a Piping Designer . I recommend IPEBS for anyone looking forward to establish themselves in the Piping Industry.

HI
As I can see from your postings, you have done the piping course at IPEBS. What will you have to say as per the proficiency you attained after the course. What are thier strengh and weakness as I saw a negative posting about them here asking people not to register with them. Your help will be well appreciated thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

Arun Kumai, do you work for IPEBS
I can see your posting and that of IPEBS were done the same time, gues probably you are advertising for them , This is same thing with two postings earlier claiming to have gotten job in companies after thier trainings in IPEBS.
So tell us who you are really

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Gee Maestro in Hounslow, United Kingdom

74 months ago

Maybe all you guys are getting this wrong, here is a hint. This business is not for you. A level of expertise is needed. you guys are just willing to learn a machine and not the principles behind design or engineering. What you people design can cost people there lives. I suggest if you money grabbing mongrels have no idea about this trade, then you should let it be. You are only intrested becoauseof the industry boom hence the sudden need to learn piping. I suggest you keep clear, as not only do you make a bad name for those indian proffessionals that have followed the correct route, your are also effecting the business ona whole.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

robert in Fayetteville, North Carolina

74 months ago

You know, I'm a little sick of all these non-U.S. posters trying to grab jobs here in America. Stop spamming the board. Read the rules and abide by them. This continual leveraging to take jobs and get into our workforce on visas is what is at the root of resentment towards you folks. Why not stay home and build your own economy up? Hundreds of thousands of Americans have been laid off in the last few years, our unemployment is on the rise and we're feeling it badly. The last thing we need is competition for scarce jobs from people who barely speak the language and come here to work for half the pay, then turn around and take everything they learned back to their native country to further compete against Americans.

Our country worked hard to get where it's at. You stay home and do the same please.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

sani in Bombay, India

74 months ago

xcuse robert u r being nasty, religinus on professional forum bak off mate

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Gee Maestro in Hounslow, United Kingdom

74 months ago

His not being nasty he is voicing his opinion. You can feel free to vent your anger too if you think he is being nasty. He put his opinion in a politically correct manner, and if your not educated enough to see that, then obviously shows what he was trying to say was correct. Robert in reply to your point, I do feel the notion of stay home and build your economy, I think you will find that the business that you work in is fuelled by projects and economy that are not American. In principle I see what your trying to say.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

atul _batra 2006@yahoo.com in Ludhiana, India

74 months ago

co in Birmingham, United Kingdom said: Hi Babu,
What is wrong with IPEBS , am planning to be there nexth month for their Piping Training.
Thanks

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

joe in Kochi, India

74 months ago

I am working in refinery as operator, i wish to make my career in piping design, whether it is possible for me, if so where it is good for me, about IPEBS some say it not worthy , pls help me out

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

narayan nath in Delhi, India

73 months ago

i am nayrayan nath..need some information regarding..PDMS/CAESAR....
i have done piping course....
my mail id <Edited by Host: contact info removed>

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

narayan nath in Delhi, India

73 months ago

kiran in Europe said: i am kiran working for bechtel since from 2000,if u have any queries u can directly mail to my mail id below..

sir i need some information about piping can you provide your mail id...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Rohit D in Muscat, Oman

73 months ago

kiran in Europe said: i am kiran working for bechtel since from 2000,if u have any queries u can directly mail to my mail id below..

hi kiran,
abt me, rohit d. working as a field piping eng'r, with experience of 3 yrs in the same field - gulf.
would like to work in design - piping, with PDMS/ PDS/ MICROSTATION
can u guide me for the same
my mail - darji.rohit@gmail.com
m - 00968 96914378

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

laxman in Chennai, India

72 months ago

Plz send the Traning instute address to me plz i want learn PDS PDMS

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.