Chevron Offshore

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

Chuck Spooner in Sorrento, Louisiana

53 months ago

Hi, I wondering if anyone had insight into the Chevron hiring process I interviewed with for a offshore job in April and never heard anything back from them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

JHicks in Lake Charles, Louisiana

47 months ago

Yea I did the the Chevron internship for the Summer of 2008. It was great experience and I would still be out there if it wasn't for my future wife. I have the B.S. in PTEC from McNeese. I made the decision to come back on land because I couldn't see myself working offshore with a wife and kids in the future. The hiring process is really basic and typical. I interviewed in Covington and all of the questions were like you expect. When they do select you, they bring you and all of the others hires for an offshore field trip to a platform called ST-52 out of Port Fourchon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Chuck Spooner in Prairieville, Louisiana

47 months ago

Hey I was looking for Process Production Technology on their website what is the degree listed under. Also the work hard on the platform and how were the shifts set-up. Could you give me any information you can. I have interviewed with twice in Covington hopefully I get the job this time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

47 months ago

It's in the Engineering department under engineering technology. The work is good, steady and not too bad most of the time. Nice in the summer because the wind is always blowing off of the gulf. I worked 12 hour days wednesday to wednesday. I made $22/hr as an intern and new hires/operator trainees start at $26/hr.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Chuck

47 months ago

Did you work 7/7 or 14/14

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

47 months ago

7/7 but I was in the shelf...deepwater you work 14/14

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Chuck Spooner in Prairieville, Louisiana

47 months ago

I have interviewd for this job twice and I keep beating my head against the wall trying to figure out what I did wrong. I guess you dont get the job you wont. I heard the food is great on a platfotm. I dont they offer internships. How is the work is it hard and what time is the shift is it 8-12 or something like. How do they do the pay you get paided every week or every two weeks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

47 months ago

I worked 12 hour days 6 AM to 6 PM. Yes the food is great, pretty much eat whatever, whenever, and however much you want. Chevron pays every other Friday, or 26 pay periods per year.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Terry68 in Hattiesburg, Mississippi

41 months ago

JHicks in Lake Charles, Louisiana said: Yea I did the the Chevron internship for the Summer of 2008. It was great experience and I would still be out there if it wasn't for my future wife. I have the B.S. in PTEC from McNeese. I made the decision to come back on land because I couldn't see myself working offshore with a wife and kids in the future. The hiring process is really basic and typical. I interviewed in Covington and all of the questions were like you expect. When they do select you, they bring you and all of the others hires for an offshore field trip to a platform called ST-52 out of Port Fourchon.

How is the B.S. in PTEC working for you? Has it helped open any doors or potential management positions. I'm thinking about going to McNeese and get the B.S. if I don't find a job soon with my associate's in PTEC.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

GOOSE in United Kingdom

31 months ago

Im a process operator for a huge milk company. Im wanting toget offshore as a process operator or a control room operator. Can anyone give me some advice and maybe companys to apply too.

Thanx Goose

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.