Conocophillips in Belle Chasse

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Preston13 in New Orleans, Louisiana

39 months ago

Does anyone know anything about the pay, work conditions, training, etc. at the Conocophillips refinery in Belle Chasse? I'm a process operator now at a small refinery (25,000 bpd) in central Mississippi. We are not union and they work the operators to death. We are called in with little or no notice and everytime someone is promoted, we end up having to cover our call days so they can train. I have been with the company 8 years and am making 20.50 hr. I know I can do better with my experience. I have applied for an entry level process operator job at Alliance Refinery in Belle Chasse. If anyone has any information on this plant, I would appreciate the heads up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Andre Beraud@MR.FO.C.U.S. in Houston, Texas

39 months ago

Preston13 in New Orleans, Louisiana said: Does anyone know anything about the pay, work conditions, training, etc. at the Conocophillips refinery in Belle Chasse? I'm a process operator now at a small refinery (25,000 bpd) in central Mississippi. We are not union and they work the operators to death. We are called in with little or no notice and everytime someone is promoted, we end up having to cover our call days so they can train. I have been with the company 8 years and am making 20.50 hr. I know I can do better with my experience. I have applied for an entry level process operator job at Alliance Refinery in Belle Chasse. If anyone has any information on this plant, I would appreciate the heads up.

wow my brother you are right you can find better. i work for shell and they start me off at 26.58. dont give finding a job. it will happen for you. stay focus. i applied for conoco also in houston. i believe they start of at 21.00

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Terry68 in Hattiesburg, Mississippi

39 months ago

Preston13 in New Orleans, Louisiana said: Does anyone know anything about the pay, work conditions, training, etc. at the Conocophillips refinery in Belle Chasse? I'm a process operator now at a small refinery (25,000 bpd) in central Mississippi. We are not union and they work the operators to death. We are called in with little or no notice and everytime someone is promoted, we end up having to cover our call days so they can train. I have been with the company 8 years and am making 20.50 hr. I know I can do better with my experience. I have applied for an entry level process operator job at Alliance Refinery in Belle Chasse. If anyone has any information on this plant, I would appreciate the heads up.

Hey Preston can you tell me what plant you work at in Mississippi? I'm in central Mississippi and get my degree in December and I would go there if only to get the experience

Terry68 in Hattiesburg, Mississippi

39 months ago

Ok Preston one more question, do yo know how they do their hiring? I'm looking at the website and there is nothing about open jobs or hiring practices.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Preston13 in Orlando, Florida

39 months ago

They hire through Express Employment. You can actually go to indeed.com and look for Pool Operator in Vicksburg MS. The Pool Operator is their entry level operator. I know they are hiring now.

operator applicant in Wynne, Arkansas

38 months ago

I was told the starting pay would be 20.22/hr. for the 1st yr (no exceptions per their contract to a higher wage for experience) with a top pay of approx. 34.50/hr after an average of 5yrs. They work a 12hr rotatting shift. it is a 600 acre site with a cap. of 255,000BPD. The plant is approx. 12 miles south of Belle Chasse (proper). I hope that helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lesley Gill in Grimsby, United Kingdom

26 months ago

Can any one tell me what a process operator at Conoco actually does? Need to have an idea before going for interview [not me, a relative] thanks

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.