could i get a Process Technician job with a felony conviction

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

bigjohn60644 in Chicago, Illinois

41 months ago

i have a conviction from 2006 for id theft, i haven't so much as gotten a ticket since then, i was interested in getting a associate in process technology and entering the field but will a company (shell or big name even consider)hire me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Breda43 in Missouri City, Texas

34 months ago

YOU NARROWED YOUR CHANCES

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jnicole29 in Beaumont, Texas

33 months ago

bigjohn60644 in Chicago, Illinois said: i have a conviction from 2006 for id theft, i haven't so much as gotten a ticket since then, i was interested in getting a associate in process technology and entering the field but will a company (shell or big name even consider)hire me.

As long as you list your charge with a short explanation AND no other charges are found when the background check is completed you'll be fine. I've worked as well as been offered positions at more than one company. Everybody makes mistakes, please don't let what others "assume" deter you. Your record is your personal business between you & HR once you're hired. You're peers nor your immediate supervisors are given that information....that is exactly why many people don't believe it's possible. Your work ethic, experience, education, etc is what matters. The only time it would be a definite barrier is when you're unable to get a TWIC card.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Andrea Work in Houston, Texas

9 months ago

Jnicole29 in Beaumont, Texas said: As long as you list your charge with a short explanation AND no other charges are found when the background check is completed you'll be fine. I've worked as well as been offered positions at more than one company. Everybody makes mistakes, please don't let what others "assume" deter you. Your record is your personal business between you & HR once you're hired. You're peers nor your immediate supervisors are given that information....that is exactly why many people don't believe it's possible. Your work ethic, experience, education , etc is what matters. The only time it would be a definite barrier is when you're unable to get a TWIC card.

I have several drug charges over 5 years old. If I go to school for process technology can I get a job? And can I get a twic card?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dhe83 in Mountain View, California

7 months ago

Did you get any feedback or have your hear anything?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.